Batista at Wrestlemania?

thesacredcow

Occasional Pre-Show
I just saw on the main site that Batista said in an interview that he'd be medically cleared to wrestle by Wrestlemania, but that he didn't think he'd be a part of it because he wouldn't have time to build a storyline in the space of time left. Now I am in no way a Batista fan, I've never thought much of his work in the ring or on the mic. However I do feel that the WWE has the perfect storyline already in motion for Batista. What if Batista faced Jericho at 'Mania.

Now I know it doesn't make a whole lot of sense at first but I really think it could work out perfectly. Who was the first legend that confronted Jericho? Ric Flair. I think the fact that Flair was involved in this gives WWE a perfect way to get Batista involved in the storyline. Firstly, Batista and Flair were in Evolution together and are good friends. And secondly there's the feud that Batista and HBK had after Mania last year over HBK retiring Flair. What if Flair made another appearance on Raw to confront Jericho over his attacks on Roddy Piper and Ricky Steamboat and Jericho beat the living shit out of Flair? I mean an absolutely vicious assualt. Then the next week Batista appears on RAW saying he won't medically cleared to wrestle til Mania and challenges him to match at Mania. Maybe with Flair in his corner

The reason I'm suggesting this is because can't think of a credible opponent for Jericho. I know there's talk of Hogan being his opponent but I honestly think that even though Batista not a legend by any stretch, him coming to the defense of the legends, and Flair in particular would really work. An attack on Flair would certainly put a lot of heat on Jericho, and plus then he could appear at Mania without wrestling.

Any thoughts on this? Do you think it would work? Would you book it any way differently?

When Batista announced that he was medically cleared a lot sooner than WWE said, I first thought of the whole Cena surprise Rumble thing. I don't think he should face Jericho, Id rather see Batista Cena II. Cena just lost to Edge in a match, he was just in a match with Big Show, and even though I know where its headed I really dont care to see a triple threat match between the three of them, thats not a Wrestlemania caliber match, that is a Smackdown caliber match in my opinion. That would be an easy match to build up especially since they supposedly injured each other in their SummerSlam match.

You're idea is decent cow, although it does deviate from the purpose of the storyline. but, then again. who knows what the purpose of the Jericho/Legends storyline is anymore.

I actually had my own idea of how he could be used at Mania- why not throw him in as the last man in the MITB match? They could either have the last spot unfilled due to some reason by the time of Mania, or they could have someone of little importance (such as Henry) drop out the day of for some scripted reason, and then, come showtime, all of a sudden The Animal makes a triumphant return as the last entrant into the MITB match (a la Cena at RR '08). This would make everyone think that he'd win it, but then you could shake it up by having the superstar who was planned to win it all along (whoever that might be) go over Batista at the very end of the match and grab the briefcase. Not only would this make their push look rather good, but it would be unexpected to see, something the WWE needs to do a little more of. If this was done, it would serve as a great return for Batista, even including the fact that he wouldnt with the match (as it wouldnt hurt his credibility). Let him put on a good show, then come out the next night on Raw and say that was him only at 75%, and he almost got a world title shot, and, now that he's back and getting back to full potential soon, it'll only be a matter of time before he's holding the gold again.

I think they should worry about the great caliber of wrestlers they arent promoting instead of caring about the useless known as Batista. Either that or bring him back as Deacon Batista just to be ridiculous. Whats the worst that could happen? He gets another world title? At least itd be funny to me lol

How about just having him squash someone like santino like have him say he will wrestle anybody in the back and then have Dave come out and beat him in record time or somthing like that

Well because my the reason I'm suggesting such is not to give Batista a spot on the Wrestlemania as such. Like I said in my original post I'm not a fan of Batista. I just don't see many other guys that the WWE could put in a match against Jericho. At least not anyone who would make a credible opponent. It just seems to me to be the best way for storyline to go.

The last thing I think the WWE would do with a wrestler will little experience in ladder matches is put him in MITB the day he's medically cleared to return from surgery to his hamstring.
Like it or not, I think we're gonna be stuck with Jericho facing Jerry Lawler.
Cena v. Batista would be fun, but idk.

That would be so Cool ! Me & My Bros were just talking about Batista being in MITB. Kicking Y2J's butt all over the Stadium would be even better !

If I could see anything to put Batista in, he could be a suprise opponent for the WHC Title match. Reason being, you got Edge, Big Show and most likely John Cena. You could have it to a point where Edge/Cena is going nuts and ends up taking out Big Show and Vickie gets annoyed because he was the number one contender, and she goes "You aren't worthy to be champion or challenger" and she brings in Batista as an investment to Smackdown because she promised him a title match which Raw didn't give him, and to ammends.

You could still have Show in it and make it a Fatal Four Way, but Edge, Cena and Batista would be a seller! This would give him a heel turn too as well. Yeah, I realise this is a Cena/Survivor Series situation, but it could work!

Batista Edge Cena is a much bigger draw than Big Show Edge Cena, but having him as a late, surprise entry would take away from the match. He needs to be added now to get the hype going, remembering tonights and next weeks smackdown episodes are already taped, it is too late to hype it. Honestly, I think they are better off building a proper storyline rather than rushing a return. Have him on the Draft show, possibly a move back to SD for him as a swap for HHH, then build up to his wrestling return on there.

I'm a huge Batista fan and in some ways I'd love for him to be in a match a Wrestlemania(was GUTTED when it was announced he would miss it). I'd quite like to see him vs Jericho, but I'd love love love to have Jericho against a legend instead...I just think it would make more sense.

Now the main events have already been set, and couldnt have anything to do with Batista since Trips and Randy is about the respect of the McMahons, and John Cena Vs Edge Vs Big Show is about love and jealousy(which btw, i dont know y Cena is Included storyline wise, his job was done on Raw when he revealed it and now seems like a third wheel). The only place he'll feel safe is in the legends storyline. Him and Ric are close and if the legends are being beat the hell out of, then all they need is Batista to come out, crowd goes wild, Jericho in shock, spears him senseless, Piper/Steamboat/Snuka can get the pin and they win

Alternate Ending: Stone Cold comes out and Stunners him.

If I could see anything to put Batista in, he could be a suprise opponent for the WHC Title match. Reason being, you got Edge, Big Show and most likely John Cena. You could have it to a point where Edge/Cena is going nuts and ends up taking out Big Show and Vickie gets annoyed because he was the number one contender, and she goes "You aren't worthy to be champion or challenger" and she brings in Batista as an investment to Smackdown because she promised him a title match which Raw didn't give him, and to ammends.

You could still have Show in it and make it a Fatal Four Way, but Edge, Cena and Batista would be a seller! This would give him a heel turn too as well. Yeah, I realise this is a Cena/Survivor Series situation, but it could work!

In my opinion, it's just to late for any of the stroylines to change now. Even if Batista did return to Smackdown tonight, which probably isn't possible because as I remember he is a Raw superstar, I'm not sure he would be put straight into the main event. I think if Batista is to make a return at some point this weekend then it will definitely be in one of the big title matches but it will be very impromptu. I would love to see it on a personal note. Just think about, Orton is about to smash Trips brains with a sledge hammer and then... the sound of Batista's theme music. I'm getting excited about it and I just made it up haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back