Status
Not open for further replies.

Shock

Resident sig maker and TNA mark
Okay, I know I'm not the only one who's noticed that a vast majority of avatars aren't working. Unless it's just me. Doubt it though. Now it isn't 2008 anymore, so I think that collection should be considered retro. Now is there a specific team who makes avatars for the 2009 collection of avatars? Is so, ignore this. If there isn't, is anyone allowed to submit avatars? Because one, I'm bored. Two, I've really wanted to make a lasting impression, and I think this can do it. And three, I don't want people walking around with question marks for avatars. So anyone who can, please respond.

I am trying to work with the site owners on this. When I know something, all of you will know something. It's annoying, I realize. Please, everyone try to be patient.

For some reason, the path that the avatars called upon to display the image, is broken. Either the images are gone, or the avatars aren't linked properly.

As far as making new avatars, as far as I know, there is only one or two people who can upload avatars, and neither of them have logged on for a while. Chris Cash has the ability to do anything with the forum (I believe), and WZWill was the one who uploaded them last time.

randy.jpg

I was looking at that and I realized that Orton's last name is misspelled. Its Orton, not Ortan :p

Since this thread is title Avatars I thought this was the most appropriate place to pose this

Okay, I know I'm not the only one who's noticed that a vast majority of avatars aren't working. Unless it's just me. Doubt it though. Now it isn't 2008 anymore, so I think that collection should be considered retro. Now is there a specific team who makes avatars for the 2009 collection of avatars? Is so, ignore this. If there isn't, is anyone allowed to submit avatars? Because one, I'm bored. Two, I've really wanted to make a lasting impression, and I think this can do it. And three, I don't want people walking around with question marks for avatars. So anyone who can, please respond.
This has been an issue for years now. Brian the former owner of this place wouldn't allow members to upload there own avatars, because he said it would fill up the server. We got to submit some avatars years ago, but everyone had to use them, which theres a certain selection you can use now. I guess the Admins don't have full access to features on vB. I could be wrong, but that's how it was in the past. Hopefully at some point the new owners allow people to upload their own avatars.

I have a suggestion about using Gravatars on this forum.
In case you're wondering, check the link http://en.gravatar.com/
This off site image storing service is free, and offers plug ins for many forum software packages, including vbulletin . This would allow users to make and use their own avatars without storing on the actual server, the side effect might be a slow down on the system if the server of the images is slow or offline, might be unacceptable if it is too great, but it might be worth a shot, because the sigs are hosted on different servers and they seem to work out ok.

This is the vbulletin plug in link http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=205963&highlight=users+custom+avatars

Peace out.

I have a suggestion about using Gravatars on this forum.
In case you're wondering, check the link http://en.gravatar.com/
This off site image storing service is free, and offers plug ins for many forum software packages, including vbulletin . This would allow users to make and use their own avatars without storing on the actual server, the side effect might be a slow down on the system if the server of the images is slow or offline, might be unacceptable if it is too great, but it might be worth a shot, because the sigs are hosted on different servers and they seem to work out ok.

This is the vbulletin plug in link http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=205963&highlight=users+custom+avatars

Peace out.

We thank you for your suggestion. However, at this time, none of our present active administrators have the ability to change settings regarding avatars, and the one administrator who does have those permissions are not allowed by the big bosses to active this kind of thing (I believe).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back