• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

At what point do we admit it..?

He's not a bad guy,he's not a good guy,but is he THE guy?

• I'd say the time is now to admit it...whether we like it or not

• Funny guy, maybe he's the Face of the WCWF,but he'll never be the Face of WWE

• When he shows us he's ready...which he may never will be

• He's not THE Guy,But likely will be

Results are only viewable after voting.
Again, I actually don't look at wrestling the same way a lot of you guys and the current wrestling fans are looking at it, that's probably why I don't necessarily agree with a lot of thing being written on certains subject but I hae to say that to say that seth rollins is over or that bray wyatt is over or even to say that everybody that reigns face got face reaction is really being ignorant in my opinion and short sighted. Reigns was and over babyface during his feud with rusev and he either was geting cheered or getting a twinner reaction during that feud. Last year during the wyatt feud, reigns was getting twinner reaction while wyatt was getting no reaction like he always has been doing.

Like I wrote earlier the only wyatt is over as a babyface right now is because of randy orton. Rollins isn't as over as he was when he return because he's become the one thing the the current fans hate and that a clean cut babyface likes reigns is.

Has far as the list of guys that navi gave, what's the common denominator with the 3 guys I didn't covers yet, they are all part time performers and it's called a nostagia pop. Bryan became popular and stayed popular because the fans thought that they we're sticking it to vince by cheering the guy that they thought vince didn't like. Since his return is fan reactions have lost a little bit of noise.

The main problem in my opinion isn't really the guys, it's the product in general, it became lazy and we have too much content to really care about anybody so fans are cheering for the guys that they respect instead of the characters which is becoming a problem because if the company doesn't really care about the product anymore, why should the fans care really so what you get is a bunch of guys trying their best to get over as babyface or heel and fans that will react differently because they think they can do better then the peoples that have been in the business for years and actually have experience. Reigns isn't missing anything that any other guys on top, it's that their a section of fans that hate the guy just because it's not their choice, it's the company choice and alot of the others adult fans just go along with it because that what they saw on tv and think it's cool to boo reigns.

Next time you go to a live event and reigns is on the card, go ask why they hate reigns, 9 ot of 10 fans you will ask won't know why they hate him. Reigns is in a place right now where hes the cool guy to hate by fans. They're still a lot of fans that are starting the like him and you can heard it in certains market were he's more over as a babyface then a heel and is merchandise is selling pretty well so he much be connecting with some fans plus he got the respect of his peer who are saying that he one of the best performer on the roster and don't understand why he's not getting the respect from the fans. The fact that the fans cared enough about reigns to hate or loved him show that he's over as a top guy because like we seen with a lot of other guys like bray wyatt, I fans don't care about somebody, they won't go out of there way to express thir feeling,

Again, I actually don't look at wrestling the same way a lot of you guys and the current wrestling fans are looking at it, that's probably why I don't necessarily agree with a lot of thing being written on certains subject but I hae to say that to say that seth rollins is over or that bray wyatt is over or even to say that everybody that reigns face got face reaction is really being ignorant in my opinion and short sighted. Reigns was and over babyface during his feud with rusev and he either was geting cheered or getting a twinner reaction during that feud. Last year during the wyatt feud, reigns was getting twinner reaction while wyatt was getting no reaction like he always has been doing.

Like I wrote earlier the only wyatt is over as a babyface right now is because of randy orton. Rollins isn't as over as he was when he return because he's become the one thing the the current fans hate and that a clean cut babyface likes reigns is.

Has far as the list of guys that navi gave, what's the common denominator with the 3 guys I didn't covers yet, they are all part time performers and it's called a nostagia pop. Bryan became popular and stayed popular because the fans thought that they we're sticking it to vince by cheering the guy that they thought vince didn't like. Since his return is fan reactions have lost a little bit of noise.

The main problem in my opinion isn't really the guys, it's the product in general, it became lazy and we have too much content to really care about anybody so fans are cheering for the guys that they respect instead of the characters which is becoming a problem because if the company doesn't really care about the product anymore, why should the fans care really so what you get is a bunch of guys trying their best to get over as babyface or heel and fans that will react differently because they think they can do better then the peoples that have been in the business for years and actually have experience. Reigns isn't missing anything that any other guys on top, it's that their a section of fans that hate the guy just because it's not their choice, it's the company choice and alot of the others adult fans just go along with it because that what they saw on tv and think it's cool to boo reigns.

Next time you go to a live event and reigns is on the card, go ask why they hate reigns, 9 ot of 10 fans you will ask won't know why they hate him. Reigns is in a place right now where hes the cool guy to hate by fans. They're still a lot of fans that are starting the like him and you can heard it in certains market were he's more over as a babyface then a heel and is merchandise is selling pretty well so he much be connecting with some fans plus he got the respect of his peer who are saying that he one of the best performer on the roster and don't understand why he's not getting the respect from the fans. The fact that the fans cared enough about reigns to hate or loved him show that he's over as a top guy because like we seen with a lot of other guys like bray wyatt, I fans don't care about somebody, they won't go out of there way to express thir feeling,
I strongly disagree about Wyatt not being over. That guy has been doing excellent mic-work with his creepy promos and he's been over. He's a special attraction type of wrestler whose only problem has been significant losses or coming up short against almost everyone. He's referred as Next Face Of Fear but he wasn't given even a tag team victory over Brothers Of Destruction. Just see the pop he got at Survivor Series after he pins Roman Reigns. Or rather watch his two week long face run just after Wrestlemania. He's been over enough but booking hasn't been worth it.

You're right in saying that Reigns is now a cool guy in hating but there are numerous reasons why he's being booed. There are two sides of it, the hate is genuine on one hand and on the other hand, is ingenuine too. Inconsistency has surely affected him badly.

I'm not sure exactly what it is, but I always get that "big fight" feel whenever Reigns is in a match that I don't really get from many others. So, I guess based on that, I would say he's The Guy (or near enough). Whatever "it" is, he has it.

I always based my opinion on how a westlers is ovwr by what kind of reaction he gets in big mark cities like chicago, new york and toronto and last night something happen with reigns that hasn't hapenned before in chicago, the guy was over and by that I'm saying that he got the famous cena chant of "let go roman, roman sucks" which he never get in bigger market. So my thinking is that the shield reunion think look like it's working for him because mre and more peoples are starting to change their opinion of reigns and are willing to forget about his crappy booking at the beginning of the year and give him a chance to prove himself. If they are patient and don't rush think, they might be able to get him over as a babyface like they wanted in a couple of years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back