Can Roman Reigns take John Cena's spot as the face of the WWE?

Is Roman Reigns the next face of the WWE?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
No, I dont think he can. He is getting way too much hype and hasnt done anything to back it up. He has been carried by the other 2 members and only has the advantage because of his size and who he is related to.

You can't really be thinking about anyone taking Cena's spot at such an early juncture but I think Reigns is almost certainly going to be the next guy they try to turn into a main event face, his biggest enemy in achieving this is WWE's over eagerness to make it happen.

Obviously keeping him as a Diesel style badass will help the transition as I think WWE know that turning him into a hand slapping, big smiling face like they did with Sheamus will kill his overness. However I really hope WWE realize that Mania 31 is way too soon to be building a WrestleMania around Reigns, he needs to slowly start having big singles matches while within The Shield so he can grow as a wrestler before being thrown into main events on his own, as if he goes in as he is now I think the crowd will turn on him.

I don't see it happening. Reigns could become one of the top faces, but I doubt he will ever be as big of a star as John Cena. Cena's one of the biggest names in wrestling today as well as being on his way to becoming of the most successful wrestlers ever. Reigns is on his way to stardom, I don't doubt that. Just not to the extent that Cena reached. Somewhere along the lines of the success Batista or Randy Orton, I can see Roman Reigns achieving that amount of success when all is said and done. There's nobody on the current roster who could realistically take Cena's spot as the face of the federation. Maybe Daniel Bryan, but time will have to tell. Who knows, I could end up being wrong about Roman Reigns. I didn't think he would break the Royal Rumble eliminations record, which he did. I don't see it happening though. Roman Reigns is not the next face of the federation.

As long as Cena is still active nothing will change VKM's mind about his golden boy
If I had to choose it would be a toss up between Steen and Adam Cole
Steen is a great performer and the loss of weight helps him dramatically Fans believe him whether hes a face or heel Question remains will he go through the same pains as Punk because both guys Vince didn't make when they came to WWE
Cole has gotten better on the mic since his heel turn Hes a great performer in the ring just his persona has always been questioned Vince likes good looking talent to be face's if possible

I think he will eventually be the number 1 guy, but he'll never be as big as Cena. He will need to get much better on the mic as I think he's just average, and he'll need to develop some kind of personality. Other than that he has the look and the pedigree to be a future star. Only time will tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back