Are we seeing a double-turn/Bryan- Triple H or Orton/Batista storyline

It seems obvious from Raw that Batista is going to be a heel going into this match. Batista himself, but in my opinion more tellingly, the commentary team have started to explicitly put over the fact that the fans aren't on Batista's side, which tells me that a full on turn is probably in the works. That makes it a difficult situation to read, because turning Randy Orton into a fully fledged babyface who any substantial set of fans are actually going to get behind seems difficult what with what's happened over the past few months. The only way I can think of doing it would have Orton snapping and going off on Triple H - which seems unlikely, given that Triple H is very much involved in his own program at the moment. If it did happen, I wouldn't be totally opposed to the match - it's going to get a negative reaction either way, which is a bit of a shame, because the idea of a heel Batista versus a babyface Orton isn't absolutely terrible, in my opinion. Maybe not 'WWE World Heavyweight Championship match on the biggest possible stage' material, but not awful either.

I thought putting Daniel Bryan into the match was the solution, but after his promo on Monday it seems apparent that that's not going to happen, either. Weird situation, because a heel versus heel title match at Wrestlemania just doesn't make sense on any level.

CM Punk could come back and make it a Triple Threat, but in reality, I want to see Punk/Triple H much more than I want to see him in the title match.

Punk needs to come back and beat the shit out of Triple H, while Bryan needs to join that triple threat and win the title.

Even what is considered one of the worst WM matches of all time... Lesnar/Goldberg, didn't get hijacked the way Orton/Batista will. And that match was in Madison Square Garden of all places. If they go through with this title match, and especially if it closes the show, I have a feeling we'll be talking about it for years, for all the wrong reasons. It will go down in infamy.

I think that Punk, Bryan, Cena, and 'Taker were being looked at as being able to carry/sell a match on their own. They didn't need the strap to sell their match. For the love of Pete, they were toying with Bryan vs Sheamus--again. Returning hero Batista was supposed to frenzy up the crowd--the history between him and Orton made complete sense to pit these two against each other (and think of how it could be featured on the Evolution DVD/Blu Ray eventually). As much as I would love to see a stipulation that has Bryan beat HHH and then go on to wrestle for the belt later that night, I have a terrible feeling that Batista was promised the belt upon re-signing with the company. With all the main stream activity of WrestleMania and the network, whom better to put the belt on--if not Dwayne--than one of the stars of a potentially huge Marvel summer movie. He'll be shilling the movie, the network, and the pending Summerslam--all with the belt.

Right now, I just can't envision an Orton/Batista match for the newly minted most important title in the WWE at WrestleMania. If I had to guess right now, I still think Bryan gets into the match at some point. It could end up being a stip for the Bryan-HHH match...If Bryan beats HHH, then he gets into the main event match (and will have to wrestle twice in an evening to get the title). But more and more this seems like wishful thinking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back