• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

When and How would you book a Batista Heel turn??

L@RISANO

R.I.P Mustang Sally :( :( :(
I think I am not alone in being someone who absolutely does not want the Main Title match at Wrestlemania 30 read, Batista vs Randy Orton.

Moreover, Batista as a Face has failed as he absolutely did not get the desired reaction on his return and has been booed quite a bit.

Hence, turning him Heel is the most logical option at this time. Also, many will agree that Batista's best work was as a heel character before he left 4 years ago.

Now, the following is pure Fantasy booking and I do not expect the WWE to book any different than the rumours have been suggesting, here goes:

On next week's RAW, with the run-up to the Elimination Chamber;
Have a Daniel Bryan vs Alberto Del Rio match-up scheduled for the night. Daniel Bryan scores the pin, but Del Rio attacks him post-match, cue Batista coming and helping Bryan whilst getting revenge for what Del Rio did last week.
That sets up Batista vs Del Rio at the Elimination Chamber, whilst Bryan gets a win and some momentum from it going into the Elimination Chamber match-up for the WWE WHC.
Batista meanwhile would get a more warm reception for his actions and some extra interest in his match at Elimination Chamber.

At Elimination Chamber PPV;
Batista crushes Alberto Del Rio comprehensively in their match as should be done to show him as the Animal he is.
In the Chamber match; Daniel Bryan and Randy Orton are the last 2 remaining with both looking good for a win. However, as Randy Orton gets some momentum with an RKO to Daniel Bryan, Batista appears from nowhere and delivers a Spear and Powerbomb to Randy Orton. Thereafter, he places Daniel Bryan on Orton for the pin and the Championship.
However, there is a swerve when Batista also Powerbombs the still dazed Daniel Bryan turning Heel just when it seemed he was finally getting momentum as a Babyface.

On the RAW Post-EC;
We get Randy Orton coming out and cutting a promo about him being screwed and suchlike. Cue Triple H coming out and explaining to Randy that the Authority has lost faith in him as the Face and want to introduce the New Face of the Authority, Batista!

Then, a feud can be set-up with Randy Orton becoming a vicious character out to take down Triple H, and in the process shed his Whiny, HHH and Steph's Character.
Thus we get, TRIPLE H vs RANDY ORTON!

Also, Daniel Bryan might be Champion, but he would still be held down by the Machine since his win at EC would have only come due to Batista.(DB fans would still complain because of him winning in such a way and not getting his moment of celebration)
Thus the Major pay-off to Daniel Bryan and his deserved moment could still be kept for the Wrestlemania Main Event, DANIEL BRYAN vs BATISTA!

If Batista turns heel, I think it should only be because Daniel Bryan is champion (EC win) and how everyone at the Royal Rumble was pissed off Batista was the winner and Bryan wasn't. It practically writes itself. Have Batista jealous at the praise Bryan has been receiving and get The Authority to back him as "The True Face of WWE", casting Orton out of paradise.

Creative could play it out like the Rumble was meant to draw heat all along therefore putting a band aid over a controversial decision. Batista vs. Daniel Bryan at Wrestlemania 30 has much more appeal to it than if The Animal faced Orton again.

EDIT: Off topic, but 1,000th Post! What did I win?

If Batista turns heel, I think it should only be because Daniel Bryan is champion (EC win) and how everyone at the Royal Rumble was pissed off Batista was the winner and Bryan wasn't. It practically writes itself. Have Batista jealous at the praise Bryan has been receiving and get The Authority to back him as "The True Face of WWE", casting Orton out of paradise.

Creative could play it out like the Rumble was meant to draw heat all along therefore putting a band aid over a controversial decision. Batista vs. Daniel Bryan at Wrestlemania 30 has much more appeal to it than if The Animal faced Orton again.

What would you do with Orton?
Who would be your pick to face Triple H?

Of Course, mine was assuming that CM Punk has NO part to play at WM30.

I don't think it will take much "booking" to turn him heel. Have you heard the reactions he's gotten? Lukewarm at best, negative at worst. All he has to do is seal the deal by beating up a fan-favorite, and there's your official heel-turn.

What would you do with Orton?

There are several ways to throw a "vengeful tweener" like Orton into a Wrestlemania Match. Give him an authority figure to beat up, give him Taker for whatever reason, Brock would be a solid choice, hell at this point anybody as long as they support The Authority or just hate Orton.

Who would be your pick to face Triple H?

Of Course, mine was assuming that CM Punk has NO part to play at WM30.

I'm not completely sold that Punk is gone from the WWE. Maybe I am living in denial, but it makes perfect since for Punk to drop off the face of the wrestling world around this time of the year with rumors spreading that he will face Triple H. He can claim he is being held down, not getting his way a la 2011, or what have you. If for some reason CM Punk is gone for good, the most logical person to fill in would be Orton with the "you screwed me" angle. Not the most satisfying, but the most logical. Worse setup matches at Wrestlemania have happened.

There are several ways to throw a "vengeful tweener" like Orton into a Wrestlemania Match. Give him an authority figure to beat up, give him Taker for whatever reason, Brock would be a solid choice, hell at this point anybody as long as they support The Authority or just hate Orton.

Agreed.
I also believe there would be less fan backlash if Orton and Bryan are switched, in light of Punk leaving and the reported programs due to that.

Also, Bryan vs Sheamus was rumoured before Punk left. Imagine the backlash when that programme became apparent,if Punk didn't leave.

I'm not completely sold that Punk is gone from the WWE. Maybe I am living in denial, but it makes perfect since for Punk to drop off the face of the wrestling world around this time of the year with rumors spreading that he will face Triple H. He can claim he is being held down, not getting his way a la 2011, or what have you. If for some reason CM Punk is gone for good, the most logical person to fill in would be Orton with the "you screwed me" angle. Not the most satisfying, but the most logical. Worse setup matches at Wrestlemania have happened.

I think CM Punk will return eventually but after Wrestlemania. From all reports, it seems clear this isn't a work at all, but Vince has not given up on Punk and is probably trying to convince him to return. Whether he will return and stay beyond his contract expiration is another story altogether.
If it is indeed a work, then Super Super Super Kudos to the WWE!

Have Batista jealous at the praise Bryan has been receiving and get The Authority to back him as "The True Face of WWE", casting Orton out of paradise.

Sounds the most logical, and if they wanted to/or needed to, Orton would have a rematch clause which could still make him part of the main event at WMXXX.

Easiest way to do it is to have him screw Bryan out of the title at the Elimination Chamber. Have it come down to Bryan vs. Orton and then have Bryan get Orton into the Yes Lock in the center of the ring.... With the crowd going crazy, have Batista run down to the ring, get into the chamber and bash Bryan with a chair a couple of times and then Orton gets up and RKOs him for the pin.... After that Batista and Orton have a stare down.... There you go, there's your Batista heel turn and he can feud with Bryan after WM.

Easiest way not mentioned? Wait until the Chicago Raw. Have DB being beat down in the ring, have Cult of Personality hit, out comes Batista who helps destroy DB.

As it stands, he might not be a "heel" but he does have something close to Xpac heat right now.

As it stands, he might not be a "heel" but he does have something close to Xpac heat right now.

That term is a fallacy. Xpac was over when he was in WWE. I don't know where that term came from, who coined it, when everyone jumped on that bandwagon, or why he's the one who gets the indignity of having his name attached to something like that.

Can we at least modernize it to Renee Dupree-heat or something??

I think I am not alone in being someone who absolutely does not want the Main Title match at Wrestlemania 30 read, Batista vs Randy Orton.

Moreover, Batista as a Face has failed as he absolutely did not get the desired reaction on his return and has been booed quite a bit.

Hence, turning him Heel is the most logical option at this time. Also, many will agree that Batista's best work was as a heel character before he left 4 years ago.

Now, the following is pure Fantasy booking and I do not expect the WWE to book any different than the rumours have been suggesting, here goes:

On next week's RAW, with the run-up to the Elimination Chamber;
Have a Daniel Bryan vs Alberto Del Rio match-up scheduled for the night. Daniel Bryan scores the pin, but Del Rio attacks him post-match, cue Batista coming and helping Bryan whilst getting revenge for what Del Rio did last week.
That sets up Batista vs Del Rio at the Elimination Chamber, whilst Bryan gets a win and some momentum from it going into the Elimination Chamber match-up for the WWE WHC.
Batista meanwhile would get a more warm reception for his actions and some extra interest in his match at Elimination Chamber.

At Elimination Chamber PPV;
Batista crushes Alberto Del Rio comprehensively in their match as should be done to show him as the Animal he is.
In the Chamber match; Daniel Bryan and Randy Orton are the last 2 remaining with both looking good for a win. However, as Randy Orton gets some momentum with an RKO to Daniel Bryan, Batista appears from nowhere and delivers a Spear and Powerbomb to Randy Orton. Thereafter, he places Daniel Bryan on Orton for the pin and the Championship.
However, there is a swerve when Batista also Powerbombs the still dazed Daniel Bryan turning Heel just when it seemed he was finally getting momentum as a Babyface.

On the RAW Post-EC;
We get Randy Orton coming out and cutting a promo about him being screwed and suchlike. Cue Triple H coming out and explaining to Randy that the Authority has lost faith in him as the Face and want to introduce the New Face of the Authority, Batista!

Then, a feud can be set-up with Randy Orton becoming a vicious character out to take down Triple H, and in the process shed his Whiny, HHH and Steph's Character.
Thus we get, TRIPLE H vs RANDY ORTON!

Also, Daniel Bryan might be Champion, but he would still be held down by the Machine since his win at EC would have only come due to Batista.(DB fans would still complain because of him winning in such a way and not getting his moment of celebration)
Thus the Major pay-off to Daniel Bryan and his deserved moment could still be kept for the Wrestlemania Main Event, DANIEL BRYAN vs BATISTA!

Personally, I have no interest in seeing Orton vs HHH. People complain about seeing Orton vs Batista for the millionth time but we have had far more of HHH vs Orton. Honestly, I think it should indeed be Orton and DB as the final two but have HHH run in and screw DB again so DB can make a promo about how he is sick of HHH screwing him over and those two can have their mania match. As for the World title match I would just throw in Brock Lesnar and make it a triple threat match since theyre looking for a way to get him into the title picture anyway. Although I don't know where that would leave the Undertaker since his opponent would have been Lesnar.

You wanna turn him heel? Have him lay down for Orton at WrestleMania, have Triple H and Flair come out and hug both guys. Batista says he came back to win the Rumble so he could make sure the title stayed where it belongs, in Evolution. Vince comes out and says there's no chance in Hell that WM ends with this collusion nonsense. Since Batista chose to not use his title shot, he's got a new challenger in mind. He bans Evolution from ringside. Bryan runs down and cleans Orton's clock, wins the title, and 80 thousands people go nuts. And go home happy.

I think your idea would work perfectly, but like you said, DB fans would still complain about DB not getting his WM moment. So here's my suggestion...

Have DB win the title in the main event of WM XXX (if not in a triple threat against Orton and Batista, then have Batista lose his contendership somehow; maybe have The Authority flat out come out and say they don't believe he can do it and set up Brock vs Batista). Then, the next night, DB cuts his first promo as champ (I think they call it inaugural championship address or something) and in the middle of it, he gets attacked by Batista who claims that DB stole his WrestleMania moment. From then on, Batista goes on a heel rampage.

Like JoeFromTomsRiver said, it won't take a lot to officially turn him heel after the responses he's been getting, and Batista has pretty much been acting like a heel towards the reactions he's been receiving. This is the perfect opportunity to bring back the "rockstar" heel character that Batista played before he left 4 years ago, the Batista that doesn't give a shit about anyone but himself. So it's simple - have him come out and tell the fans that he doesn't care about them or what they think of him. That he'll be off training in some gym, preparing for Wrestlemania while Daniel Bryan caters to the fans with the "Yes" chants. Creative doesn't need to make him beat anyone up or do anything fancy to turn him.

That term is a fallacy. Xpac was over when he was in WWE. I don't know where that term came from, who coined it, when everyone jumped on that bandwagon, or why he's the one who gets the indignity of having his name attached to something like that.

Can we at least modernize it to Renee Dupree-heat or something??

Xpac heat was/is real. Have you forgotten Foley's promo? Kidman having to remind fans he was the "bad guy" in their matches? X factor?

Waltman was a good worker, and I enjoyed him, but he earned the term Xpac heat fair and square.

Personally, I have no interest in seeing Orton vs HHH. People complain about seeing Orton vs Batista for the millionth time but we have had far more of HHH vs Orton. Honestly, I think it should indeed be Orton and DB as the final two but have HHH run in and screw DB again so DB can make a promo about how he is sick of HHH screwing him over and those two can have their mania match. As for the World title match I would just throw in Brock Lesnar and make it a triple threat match since theyre looking for a way to get him into the title picture anyway. Although I don't know where that would leave the Undertaker since his opponent would have been Lesnar.

I am not thrilled by Orton vs HHH either.

However, you missed the point of the fantasy booking.
It is to have the audience to NOT crap on the Main Event scheduled;
Randy Orton vs Batista

Hence having Daniel Bryan in the Main Event match would surely spare the WWE from having 70,000+ booing audience members at Wrestlemania.

With Punk gone; they do need someone to face HHH at WM if he doesn't return. Bryan is rumoured to be the replacement.
In my booking, I have put Orton in that position because many more people would still accept Orton vs HHH if we get Daniel Bryan vs Batista in the Main Event at Wrestlemania.

I am not thrilled by Orton vs HHH either.

However, you missed the point of the fantasy booking.
It is to have the audience to NOT crap on the Main Event scheduled;
Randy Orton vs Batista

Hence having Daniel Bryan in the Main Event match would surely spare the WWE from having 70,000+ booing audience members at Wrestlemania.

With Punk gone; they do need someone to face HHH at WM if he doesn't return. Bryan is rumoured to be the replacement.
In my booking, I have put Orton in that position because many more people would still accept Orton vs HHH if we get Daniel Bryan vs Batista in the Main Event at Wrestlemania.

Well I believe I would have a way to still keep the DB and HHH match interesting by making it a ladder match. Above the ring could be a contract and if DB gets it he is automatically the #1 contender for the WWE World Heavyweight Title at Extreme Rules, if HHH gets it then Bryan would never get another World Title shot. I have been trying to avoid saying this so that no one would flip out and yell me out but I personally would like to see Daniel Bryan as far away from the World Title picture as humanly possible. I have never been entertained by him in any way. Everyone was livid that Batista won the Royal Rumble, I personally was super excited about it. I actually liked DB back in Team Hell No but that was it, I think he was just a good comedy relief.

Well I believe I would have a way to still keep the DB and HHH match interesting by making it a ladder match. Above the ring could be a contract and if DB gets it he is automatically the #1 contender for the WWE World Heavyweight Title at Extreme Rules, if HHH gets it then Bryan would never get another World Title shot. I have been trying to avoid saying this so that no one would flip out and yell me out but I personally would like to see Daniel Bryan as far away from the World Title picture as humanly possible. I have never been entertained by him in any way. Everyone was livid that Batista won the Royal Rumble, I personally was super excited about it. I actually liked DB back in Team Hell No but that was it, I think he was just a good comedy relief.

It is not about making the DB vs HHH match a hit at all.
It is about not having people do a Royal Rumble booing repeat when the reported Batista vs Orton match happens.
Surely WWE doesn't want to have an entire match be trolled by the crowd due to a simple booking decision!

As for you not wanting DB in the title picture and suchlike. Thats entirely your opinion. For the record, I am not a huge DB fan either, however, I do see why so many people are getting behind him. If WWE refuse to give him a decent pay off and additionally give a Main title match noone is excited about, then expect a strong negative reaction at WM30.

It is not about making the DB vs HHH match a hit at all.
It is about not having people do a Royal Rumble booing repeat when the reported Batista vs Orton match happens.
Surely WWE doesn't want to have an entire match be trolled by the crowd due to a simple booking decision!

As for you not wanting DB in the title picture and suchlike. Thats entirely your opinion. For the record, I am not a huge DB fan either, however, I do see why so many people are getting behind him. If WWE refuse to give him a decent pay off and additionally give a Main title match noone is excited about, then expect a strong negative reaction at WM30.

But the thing that is driving me up a wall about DB and his fans are that they are cramming DB down everyone's throats. I mean they don't get what they want when it comes to Daniel Bryan being the face of WWE and the World Champion so all of his fans, aka 99% of the wrestling community, all start acting like a bunch of toddlers having temper tantrums and start booing out matches and chanting for DB in matches that have absolutely nothing to do with him. I mean the return of Batista was supposed to be huge, but it want because everyone wanted DB. There have been a few stories saying that a lot of other WWE performers are getting really annoyed with him because his fans are booing out their matches and he is encouraging it by sending tweets out. I mean from that kind of stand point Daniel Bryan is looking rather selfish and just wants the spotlight all to himself.

But the thing that is driving me up a wall about DB and his fans are that they are cramming DB down everyone's throats. I mean they don't get what they want when it comes to Daniel Bryan being the face of WWE and the World Champion so all of his fans, aka 99% of the wrestling community, all start acting like a bunch of toddlers having temper tantrums and start booing out matches and chanting for DB in matches that have absolutely nothing to do with him. I mean the return of Batista was supposed to be huge, but it want because everyone wanted DB. There have been a few stories saying that a lot of other WWE performers are getting really annoyed with him because his fans are booing out their matches and he is encouraging it by sending tweets out. I mean from that kind of stand point Daniel Bryan is looking rather selfish and just wants the spotlight all to himself.

Fair enough.
However, it is normal for a guy(One who has become very very popular) like Daniel Bryan and in his position to have people clamour for him to be at the top.
He,tbh, is not my definition of the Face of the WWE, however, I do see him following in the footsteps of HBK,Bret Hart, the Undertaker as a guy who will always be loved by true wrestling fans for sure. From the way his popularity is going now, he is certainly putting a case as being the next face of the company, even if as a transition from John Cena on the way to the next long-term guy,whoever that may be.

btw, Could you provide a link to where you found news about Daniel Bryan's peers being fed up of his popularity??

He turned heel the moment he came out in those skinny jeans! In truth he's done nothing to actually state he's a face, he's only spoken about 3 generic sentences since he returned, so you don't really need a direct action to turn him.

I think they missed a great opportunity at the Rumble where he could have helped Orton retain the title and reform Evolution with Triple H.

At this point the easiest way is for Bryan to win the title at the Chamber and have Batista come out the next night and talk to Bryan in a condescending manner about him being a good little wrestler and what not, basically acting like he sees him as no competition at Mania. Then just have him eventually cheap shot Bryan after a verbal exchange and voila!

Night after Daniel Bryan beats Orton and Batista for the WWE Title at Wrestlemania, have him come out and shake Bryan's hand during his celebration speech. Have him not say a word.

Then as the show is ending, have Bryan walking through the locker room shaking everyone's hand and shit, everyone congratulating him and then have Batista come out of nowhere and just beat the shit out of him.

Turn him into a Hollywood metrosexual douchebag heel who makes fun of "virgin internet wrestling nerds". That next week on RAW, have him come out in designer clothing, cutting promos about how Bryan doesn't look like a champion and how the only reason the fans like him is that he looks like a nerd just like the fans and that they could never hope to look or dress like him blah blah blah.

(This is where it gets really unrealistic lol)

I'd eventually lead this into a heel stable of Batista, Orton, Cena, HHH called "Best For Business". It would be a mixture of the Millionaire's Club and nWo. Have them ruling RAW for a few months, fighting against Daniel Bryan and his youth revolution (with a cooler name obviously) of Ziggler, Ryback, Rhodes, etc., with "Best For Business" always prevailing until Punk comes back to join the Youth revolution (with a cooler name obviously) "save" us. Or if Punk is really gone, have Reigns (who this whole time, would have been kicking ass as a tweener dominant beast who doesn't give a fuck) in that role, beat Cena for the title at WM31.

We get to see Batista do some semi-shoots and say how he really feels about D Bryan and this new generation of nerdy wrestling fan. A decade's worth of heat on HHH and him allegedly burying people is finally manifested into a storyline. Same thing with the heat on Orton, Batista, HHH, and Cena for main eventing the majority of PPV's for the past ten years. And Cena turns heel and passes the torch to Reigns and Bryan as the new faces of the company.

Win-Win for everyone.

Westrbook.gif

EDIT: Off topic, but 1,000th Post! What did I win?

Sounds great. I was about to say the same. Randy as a face again, could possibly replace Punk as top face behind Cena.

A face Orton vs. heel Batista, maybe could sell. Hell, I wonder could they do a double turn after Elimination Chamber and still do Orton vs. Batista at Wrestlemania

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back