• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Are we seeing a double-turn/Bryan- Triple H or Orton/Batista storyline

RomanReignsWWE

Dark Match Jobber
Last Night on Raw,Batista practically became a tweener and will most likely turn heel on SmackDown.Also on Raw Randy as well was kinda sounding a bit tweener to me.It was like Randy was the face and Dave was the heel.If WWE wants to make great TV and get people invested in the Orton/Batista feud this would be the best way to do it.Having Randy turn face and Batista turn heel is what's best for business.Imagine Batista coming out pandering to the crowd on SmackDown but getting booed.Randy comes out and calls him a phonie tells him he doesn't give a damn about anyone but his self.Batista say's your right and snaps on the crowd.Triple H comes down walks to the ring and he get's in between them he raises Batista's hand up in the air before getting RKO'd and Batista hits the Batista Bomb on Orton.Bryan comes down he confront's Dave about mocking him calling him a sell-out Batista goes to ambush him but Bryan ducks and beats him up Dave goes running but get's RKO'd.Bryan and Orton get's in each other's face shaking hands and burying the hatchet.Triple H comes down to confront Orton but get's beat up by Bryan setting up a Mania match.I honestly would love to see a 4-Way between these guy's for the title but that won't happen.The main events are set and stone now.As far as Bryan until they decide what their doing with him that's the way to do it because he will either face Batista and Orton or Triple H at WrestleMania.What would make sense if they go with the Triple H match is to have Mr.McMahon come in and side with Bryan inserting him in the title match if he wins.

It's all but certain that Bryan will face Triple H at WrestleMania. From a storyline standpoint, it makes perfect sense when you consider that Bryan as been screwed out of the WWE Championship so many times by The Authority.

There are allegedly plans to turn Batista heel, at least according to reports that've come out in the past several weeks. They're not going to turn Randy Orton babyface, he's wanted to go heel for far too long and most people seem to prefer him as a heel. Generally speaking, there's simply no way to get people invested in Orton's match with Batista at WrestleMania without Bryan being put in it. Personally, I'll probably enjoy Bryan vs. Triple H, but Orton vs. Batista will be one of the weakest title matches in WrestleMania history. Fans just aren't digging Batista, especially as a babyface, the way they once did. When the crowd is more into Alberto Del Rio, that's a sure sign that fans just aren't into you.

On an unrelated note, though one that couldn't help but be noticed, Batista REALLY needs to work on his cardio because he's in piss poor ring shape. Sure, he's still pretty jacked & muscular, though not nearly as much as he once was, but it's obvious that he's been neglecting his cardio. He was so gassed after his match with Del Rio last night that he could hardly squeeze more than a few words at a time out of his lungs on the mic.

Just based on their interaction last night... Orton/Batista looks like it's going to be the drizzling shits.

Batista tried pulling the John Cena "these people are allowed to boo me" good guy routine, and I just rolled my eyes. I'm not a fan of when Cena does it either, but after watching Batista try pulling it off, I've got to give Cena credit for how well he does with that routine. Orton was trying to be the heel being the 'face by default', and he had me rolling my eyes. The whole segment was just horrible, and I was just thinking to myself "THIS is what they want for Mania"?

They need to do something with it, because as it stands right now, the only thing interesting about this matchup is to see just how badly the crowd will shit on it. Since it doesn't look like they're going to insert Bryan into the match at all... I'm thinking that Orton needs to turn face. His booking the last few months, with how the Authority has kept not having faith in him, allows him to do that. The problem with that though, is to make it work, you need to include the Authority in this match... and doing that just draws attention to the fact that the fans really want to see Bryan in there instead. Truthfully, I've got no idea how they're going to save it as it stands right now.

This also looks bad for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. After all, we've got what... 4 matches pretty much confirmed already... and the title match is the least important of those 4? Not good.

It's funny how people are saying this is happening because both Orton and Batista are friends of Triple H. With the way that this match is burying both Batista and to a lesser extent Orton... I hope I never become friends with that guy. With friends like him... who needs enemies?

Bryan-Triple H sounds like a terrific match-up in terms of what we'd be seeing in the ring. Triple H can work with anyone; he'd know how to bring out Daniel's strengths......yet somehow, I can't even imagine Batista in a match with Daniel. I get the feeling Dave would either oversell Daniel's offense.....or not sell it at all.

Still, if Daniel is really going to be in a match that's not for the world title, the fans who expected him to take home all the marbles at WM30 are gonna have a flaming fit.

On the other hand, the way things are shaping up, is there anyone else for Randy Orton to fight except Batista? Have they ever met in the ring before?....I can't remember, but unless Batista is able to scrape away 4 years of ring rust in a little over a month, that match would be a disaster in terms of ring performance. Sure, Randy's ability to work a match and mesh with his opponent is unmatched, but how in the world is Batista supposed to keep up with the speed and technical excellence of Orton? Yeah, the result of the contest is pre-determined, but this is Wrestlemania.....and what we see in the ring is vitally important.

In the end, of course, we will presumably get the answer to the question of whether WWE hired back Batista with the pre-scripted idea of having him win the world title......could it be that it was one of Batista's conditions for coming back?

If so.........ugh.

I have a hard time seeing how Batista-Orton is going to get over at this point. Its basically been doomed from jump street. At least they're letting Batista acknowledge the fact that he's getting booed out of the joint every time he comes out. The fans are basically forcing WWE's hand in making him turn heel, but I'm not sure how its going to work when the guy he's facing is a chickenshit heel champion who has been BOOKED to be hated and who the fans don't really like anyway. If they can pull off a double turn at this point, kudos to Creative. Interested in seeing how it plays out.

In my opinion, the match won't work at all if Daniel Bryan is not inserted into the match as a third participant. This match will likely go on last, and I can just picture an entire arena of "boooo", "CM Punk", "boooring", "you can't wrestle" and "Daniel Bryan" chants. This would be a disaster in my opinion, because the night usually ends with the fans on fire and fireworks going off. I'm fairly certain that if this match does take place, we will see trash being thrown into the ring. If they get kicked out, I doubt they will care. I wouldn't be surprised to start seeing fans walking out of the arena. Lol, I can see a nervous Vince running around chaining the arena doors closed.

As far as the Daniel Bryan vs Triple H match up, the wrestling will be great. Triple H is one of the best in the ring and can work anyone. It makes sense storyline wise, but I don't think that it is best for business. I think the only way to save the match is to have a stipulation allowing Bryan to be inserted into the Batista vs Orton match if he wins. That would be an epic moment. Bryan and Triple H put on a 5 star match and, after taking 2 Pedigrees and a sledge hammer, Bryan makes Triple H tap out. Then a battered and beaten Bryan goes on to the main event and gets double teamed by Orton and Batista most of the match until they fight over who gets the pin and attack each other. This way Bryan doesn't have to do to much work since he works a cardio demanding style. He gets a running knee on Orton after he RKOs Batista and gets the win. The crowd goes nuts and Wrestlemania is saved.

It would also be funny to make HHH vs Bryan a buried alive match.

Orton vs Batista
Cena vs Wyatt
HHH vs DB
Lesnar vs Undertaker

They cemented these last night. There will be no changes for DB to join the title match.

They will just have the title match earlier in the night. Taker/Lesnar or HHH/DB will be the last match at Mania.

Orton vs Batista
Cena vs Wyatt
HHH vs DB
Lesnar vs Undertaker

They cemented these last night. There will be no changes for DB to join the title match.

They will just have the title match earlier in the night. Taker/Lesnar or HHH/DB will be the last match at Mania.

Nothing was cemented though. Bryan challenged HHH to his face and HHH laughed him off as if he wasn't worthy.

I think it's going to come down to something where Bryan and HHH face off at WM with the stipulation that if Bryan wins he gets added to the WWEWHC match later that night and if he loses that he'll never get another shot.

I still think we'll see Bryan with the strap leading the crowd in a Yes chant as Mania fades to black.

What if...

The HHH/Bryan match at WM30 comes with the stipulation that Bryan gets a guaranteed title shot at a time of his choosing (basically a briefcase), and cashes it in the same night?

What more magical WM "YES" moment could the WWE want? I don't think it's enough at this point to have him beat HHH. That should have been a match at EC if you ask me. DB had already been screwed over enough, they didn't need to beat a dead horse.

HHH/Bryan could be halfway through the card. You have DB win, HHH gets upset and he and his cronies beat down on DB, thus pretty much convincing the crowd that there's no way DB is seen the rest of the night.

Last match of the night, Orton and Batista come out, and right before the bell rings to start the match, you hear DB's theme. Could you imagine the pop? You have him win by pinning Orton, and then carry a feud with Batista ("you never pinned me! blah blah blah") through to SummerSlam.

EDIT: 3 minutes before me, same idea. You know what they say, great minds think alike.

I think if WWE do go with Batista and Orton, they have to have a Gimmick Match and not a straight one on one. Make it No-Disqualification or something, make it that little bit interesting. I think if a Chair was used it would make it a good match. Destroy the Announcetable, do anything...

actually bryan vs hhh is a perfect match in this fued. He must defeat hhh before get the wwe title.

Before royal rumble they wrongly insert punk in that spot. I dont like the idea.

They make the match with stipulation and bryan wrestled twice at wm30. He wins the title at wrestlemania in a triple threat match.

Bryan-Triple H sounds like a terrific match-up in terms of what we'd be seeing in the ring. Triple H can work with anyone; he'd know how to bring out Daniel's strengths......yet somehow, I can't even imagine Batista in a match with Daniel. I get the feeling Dave would either oversell Daniel's offense.....or not sell it at all.

Still, if Daniel is really going to be in a match that's not for the world title, the fans who expected him to take home all the marbles at WM30 are gonna have a flaming fit.

On the other hand, the way things are shaping up, is there anyone else for Randy Orton to fight except Batista? Have they ever met in the ring before?....I can't remember, but unless Batista is able to scrape away 4 years of ring rust in a little over a month, that match would be a disaster in terms of ring performance. Sure, Randy's ability to work a match and mesh with his opponent is unmatched, but how in the world is Batista supposed to keep up with the speed and technical excellence of Orton? Yeah, the result of the contest is pre-determined, but this is Wrestlemania.....and what we see in the ring is vitally important.

In the end, of course, we will presumably get the answer to the question of whether WWE hired back Batista with the pre-scripted idea of having him win the world title......could it be that it was one of Batista's conditions for coming back?

If so.........ugh.

I think unless some curve ball is thrown into this feud between Randy and Dave, then it would be the perfect example of "the lines being blurred", as you asserted some time ago in a thread.

From the reactions last night, with Batista being booed throughout and Randy getting a cheer from the crowd, it might well mean Randy as a Tweener-Face, Dave as a Tweener-Heel.

If Daniel Bryan vs HHH is just that match with no stipulations. Then I hold some hope that CM Punk will return to insert or be inserted into the WWE WHC match and make it the Main Event at WM.

If everything stays the same; Orton v Batista, HHH v Bryan, Taker vs Lesnar, Cena v Wyatts....
Then I assume, either the Taker match or the D-Bry match go on last at Wrestlemania. Tbh, I don't really feel either is Big enough or worthy enough to do so in any case,lMO, but that is just what will have to be done if everything stays the same without a Superstar return or some swerve...

I'm starting to wonder if Orton-Batista will actually be the main event. I hate Batista but actually liked the Batista-Orton segment on RAW. Orton came out of it looking very good. I think Batista will turn full heel with Orton being more of a tweener who will get cheered by default. The match itself will be dreadful, which is why I have a feeling Bryan-HHH might just main event, but the feud is getting personal and I'm really glad they're addressing all the hate Batista is getting

Someone already mentioned this and we can only hope its a possibility. Triple H vs. Bryan will have the stipulation that if DB wins, then he gets put into the title match and its a 3-way.

So Bryan beats the boss whos been "burying him" and wins the WWE championship in one night, ending WM w 80K people doing the YES chant. Seems to make too much sense for it to actually happen.

Someone already mentioned this and we can only hope its a possibility. Triple H vs. Bryan will have the stipulation that if DB wins, then he gets put into the title match and its a 3-way.

So Bryan beats the boss whos been "burying him" and wins the WWE champitonship in one night, ending WM w 80K people doing the YES chant. Seems to make too much sense for it to actually happen.

That is the ideal situation isn't it, and as you said, it is obvious and easy to setup, even if setup at Wrestlemania itself, by say, Hulk Hogan, for instance...

However, I wouldn't be surprised if there is indeed a contract stipulation stating that Batista goes over at Wrestlemania and the WWE did over-estimate his popularity and are now paying for it, seeing as he has been booed big time at every point he appears. "Boring" Orton actually got a decent pop last night, that shows what the situation is.

Bryan being in the main event at Mania with Batista and Orton is the best possible thing for Batista even more than it is for Bryan. This way you can hide Batista for most of the match and let him rest a lot during it. Bryan can handle two matches in one night, and Orton is probably in the best physical shape in the company so he can handle the lion's share of the time.

God Batista was a major misstep.

I've said it before, and I say it again.

Have the HHH/Bryan match with the stipulation that Bryan gets a title match at Elimination Chamber, or not even that specific, just a title shot down the line, but not the same night. Bryan wins. Have the WWE WHC match with Orton/Batista. Whoever wins it celebrating at the end of the night, then Bryan's music hits, comes out stand at the top of the ramp, saying nothing, music dies, then he leads the crowd in the YES! chant that they want at 'Mania.

If they really only want Orton/Batista and HHH/Bryan at Mania then this is the only logical (to me anyways) way to pull it off.

And I personally don't think that at the biggest event of the year, Wrestlemania XXX, they can't have anything but the WWE WHC as the main event. It would seem flawed to have anything else end it. It would make building up the prestige of the title leading up to the unification pointless.

Let's be honest, when the tag/Intercontinental/US titles started going down the match listing and into the pre-shows, that's when they lost their prestige. Hell, even the WHC was coming out as the first match on the card sometimes, and for me that just made it really unimportant. If the WWE WHC match doesn't headline the event then it's the beginning of the end for the title.

But don't get me wrong, I totally get why your saying it shouldn't be the main event, it'll get shit on more than anything in recent memory if Bryan isn't in it, but that's creative's fault, so i'm happy to watch a self inflicted meltdown

Just some of my thoughts!

What if...

The HHH/Bryan match at WM30 comes with the stipulation that Bryan gets a guaranteed title shot at a time of his choosing (basically a briefcase), and cashes it in the same night?

What more magical WM "YES" moment could the WWE want? I don't think it's enough at this point to have him beat HHH. That should have been a match at EC if you ask me. DB had already been screwed over enough, they didn't need to beat a dead horse.

HHH/Bryan could be halfway through the card. You have DB win, HHH gets upset and he and his cronies beat down on DB, thus pretty much convincing the crowd that there's no way DB is seen the rest of the night.

Last match of the night, Orton and Batista come out, and right before the bell rings to start the match, you hear DB's theme. Could you imagine the pop? You have him win by pinning Orton, and then carry a feud with Batista ("you never pinned me! blah blah blah") through to SummerSlam.

EDIT: 3 minutes before me, same idea. You know what they say, great minds think alike.

I never thought about this scenario. This is the best idea I've heard yet. This D.Bry stipulation might be the only way to prevent a historical happening. That happening is that this might be the first WrestleMania main event in history where a majority of the fans in the Dome leave right before the WWEWHC match even begins to beat traffic.

I know its hard for people to assess it clearly given the situation, but I think in different circumstances, Batista vs Orton could have been a great main event. They do have a lot of history together to play around with in promos and video highlights, their styles are different enough that I think they can put on a good match and they are both big names.

That being said, I do agree thst having Bryan in the match and win at Wrestlemania is the ideal scenario given the current situation.

lMO, I was very excited for Batista's return and hoped that him and Lesnar would end up fighting each other at Mania 30. When I heard he was going to win the Rumble, it deflated me big time.
Thus far, his booking has been the ultimate F-U to us fans who follow the WWE closely,lMO.

1. This match has been done 8 times before, and it has always sucked
2. These guys don't have any chemistry, in the ring, or on the mic
3. NOBODY wanted to see this match.

How could the creative team sit around and actually go ahead with this match knowing those 3 things. It boggles my mind.

This isn't Batista's fault. I would've gladly seen Batista vs. Brock Lesnar as one of the main events. But they chose to give him the most boring and unnecessary feud they could think of, a rehash with Randy Orton. Crazy.

I really hope they don't do a double-turn or a heel vs. heel main event. Both would be equally ridiculous, but I actually think they're aiming towards the latter, albeit with Triple H vs. Daniel Bryan main eventing the actual PPV.

Hopefully CM Punk returns and is added to the WWE title match.

I have a hard time seeing how Batista-Orton is going to get over at this point. Its basically been doomed from jump street. At least they're letting Batista acknowledge the fact that he's getting booed out of the joint every time he comes out. The fans are basically forcing WWE's hand in making him turn heel, but I'm not sure how its going to work when the guy he's facing is a chickenshit heel champion who has been BOOKED to be hated and who the fans don't really like anyway. If they can pull off a double turn at this point, kudos to Creative. Interested in seeing how it plays out.

Maybe Hogan could get involved with the match up like The Rock did when Cena faced The Miz. Hogan could be enforcer/special guest referee to keep Kane etc, from interfering.

It seems obvious from Raw that Batista is going to be a heel going into this match. Batista himself, but in my opinion more tellingly, the commentary team have started to explicitly put over the fact that the fans aren't on Batista's side, which tells me that a full on turn is probably in the works. That makes it a difficult situation to read, because turning Randy Orton into a fully fledged babyface who any substantial set of fans are actually going to get behind seems difficult what with what's happened over the past few months. The only way I can think of doing it would have Orton snapping and going off on Triple H - which seems unlikely, given that Triple H is very much involved in his own program at the moment. If it did happen, I wouldn't be totally opposed to the match - it's going to get a negative reaction either way, which is a bit of a shame, because the idea of a heel Batista versus a babyface Orton isn't absolutely terrible, in my opinion. Maybe not 'WWE World Heavyweight Championship match on the biggest possible stage' material, but not awful either.

I thought putting Daniel Bryan into the match was the solution, but after his promo on Monday it seems apparent that that's not going to happen, either. Weird situation, because a heel versus heel title match at Wrestlemania just doesn't make sense on any level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back