• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Angry fan tells Goldberg to die

I don't like Goldberg, and I'm certainly not a fan of his 22-second title win. However this is ridiculous.

The reality is human life means a lot more than some scripted TV show. When it's all said and done, pro wrestling won't mean anything.

I'm sure that person didn't mean anything by it and was probably intoxicated, but it's still ridiculous and unnecessary.

Death's a bit too much. Maybe some karmic post-concussion syndrome in honor of all the Canadians Goldberg's existence has managed to be a blight upon. Maybe Owens, Hart, and Jericho can surround him with hockey sticks and just do what needs to be done to get him off our TV screens.

I was a fan of Goldberg...when I was 9. Then I grew up, realized he was an unentertaining asshole with minimal talent and enough charisma to get by. He didn't need the belt for their match. That match would sell itself. Kevin Owens and Chris Jericho should be Champion vs Champion. And taking the Universal Title out of the feud when it's been the centerpiece to their 6 month storyline just feels like they don't want Kevin Owens to have a shot at being the guy. They did this shit to Punk too. For another rematch. And it did nothing for the match.

And it will do nothing to add to Brock vs Goldberg. Vince doesn't want reliable main eventers. For some reason.

Unless your name is Roman Reigns, Vince could give two shits about making anyone else a main eventer.

This match actually killed my KO love and lowered it for Jericho which is kind of bad. Apparently Lesnar was supposed to face Shane at Wrestlemania but got out of it. So he had picked Styles as he's the best worker and has no problems usually with booking as long as he's happy or can make something out of it. So if it's that or Goldberg I'd go with The 2nd. I loved the Y2J versus Owens idea even on paper. Kevin was obsessed with Jericho at a point and just seeing his character develop over years into a guy who that means nothing to is great.

I just wish these two feuds had never crossed paths. If they did that'd be fine to, but it's just sudden to an almost completely negative point for me. I feel like I will be thinking how the feud had fell off or so rather than how great it was months from now. The turn on Jericho, the opening promo to Raw, the guy who destroyed Zayn after Joe. He had that peak potential heel being teased, and then it got derailed. It does suck that I feel like we won't see this Owens on the Main Roster seemingly ever.

This is one of the few times I'm somewhat not chill with a booking choice. I wish I could go back and watch this Owens or Jericho, but this really is a one time thing. That Owens doesn't exist in HD or high production. I guarantee that Jericho doesn't exist or will ever again. So a reason to tune into Raw live, and invest in two long time favorites leading up to a great main event I haven't clicked with since 30. Then it's flattened by two guys I don't care about to any degree. Kind of makes me not want to watch either build or match at this point.

I'm still looking forward to Ko vs Y2J for my love of both of them, but this is going to be a permanent reference point for booking disappointment. I'm sure I'll get more hype at least to watch it close its live airing, but this was a vacuum.

On a side note.. I feel like Smack Down has made some odd choices and timing shifts, but they have made it work. Sometimes it feels predictable or safe, but minor tweaks seriously cement their execution. It's like I will notice, but next wee I brush it off or they do for me. Besides the Battle royal botch they really haven't done anything really bad. Especially in comparison to what Raw will do. If Raw just did more subtle surprises or worked into a change it'd be a lot easier to watch consistently.

Why every angry kid love the word "die" so much? Goldberg's name on the list of Universal champions will only make the legacy of this title stronger. This is not like Goldberg will be the champ for a long time either. AND, after all Kevin Owens lost to the guy who destroyed the guy strong enough to end The Streak, in 20 seconds. Owens didn't lost the title to anyone on the current roster, which make him better than all of them, doesn't it?
Let's be honest here, no matter who was the champ, Goldberg will get the title at Fastlane.
I understand that Owens is just another internet darling, but he is also have a job to do, WWE is his job, and only his boss decide what will happen and what not. AND Owens will face Jericho at WM, which can be one of the show stealers and he will continue to impress and get the title back eventually. Goldberg on the other hand will not have more than 1 match and his title reign will end in days, let old Bill enjoy it a little.

You want to see a waste? Look at AJ Styles fighting Shane McMahon at WM. From all the talents WWE roster have right now, legit Smackdown's MVP will face Shane. THIS is a travesty and THIS is a waste...still, i rather wish Shane good luck and be in his top shape, than "die", because, since the match will happen no matter what, i want it to be as enjoyable as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back