WWE Fastlane: WWE Universal Championship - Kevin Owens (c) VS Goldberg

After the angle that was shot on last week raw, it made me think of a scenario that could help protect Owens in a squash lost against goldberg.

So owens took out jericho last monday, have jericho off tv until fastlane. At fastlane, you do the whole thing with the entrance and introduction, the bell rings and jericho's music start playing which distract owens, he turns around and goldberg spears owens and then hit him with a jackhammer and win the title. By doing a distraction finish like that, you protect owens by not making him look like a complete jobber, and you keep goldberg strong at the same time.

I was and am still against Goldberg squashing Kevin Owens. Even more after Festival Of Friendship.

This Kevin Owens, if squashed, will affect his credibility badly. Just like when Brock Lesnar squashed Dean Ambrose. Or Brock squashing Rollins was almost similar. You don't build new stars by feeding them to Goldberg/Brock and that too by squashing.

I would rather see Owens as a champion now than either Goldberg or Brock Lesnar.

I was and am still against Goldberg squashing Kevin Owens. Even more after Festival Of Friendship.

This Kevin Owens, if squashed, will affect his credibility badly. Just like when Brock Lesnar squashed Dean Ambrose. Or Brock squashing Rollins was almost similar. You don't build new stars by feeding them to Goldberg/Brock and that too by squashing.

I would rather see Owens as a champion now than either Goldberg or Brock Lesnar.

But at the same time if owens gets squash by goldberg due to jericho's interference, you protect everybody involve. Owens doesn't look weak because of it. Goldberg look strong and it doesn't hurt lesnar either.

Let's face it, where in wrestlemania season and that means that this time a year, it's all about trying to get casual fans interested in te product so by putting the title on goldberg, it makes the title actually look like a world title which it really does need.

Goldberg vs lesnar is the money match for mania and putting the title on the line in this match just make the match bigger. If done right you can protect everybody in this match esecially since owens will be getting the big rub at mania by winning against jericho since jericho is leaving after mania so I'm not a huge fan of this match, on the business side, this make total sense.

But at the same time if owens gets squash by goldberg due to jericho's interference, you protect everybody involve. Owens doesn't look weak because of it. Goldberg look strong and it doesn't hurt lesnar either.

Let's face it, where in wrestlemania season and that means that this time a year, it's all about trying to get casual fans interested in te product so by putting the title on goldberg, it makes the title actually look like a world title which it really does need.

Goldberg vs lesnar is the money match for mania and putting the title on the line in this match just make the match bigger. If done right you can protect everybody in this match esecially since owens will be getting the big rub at mania by winning against jericho since jericho is leaving after mania so I'm not a huge fan of this match, on the business side, this make total sense.
I don't think that suits well with Goldberg. Is he a wrestler to take advantage of someone's interference? How can Goldberg look strong when he gets the title win with a interference? In fact, it makes him look weak. A guy who squashed Brock Lesnar needs Chris Jericho to interfere to defeat Kevin Owens?

Casual fans will be interested in Goldberg Vs. Brock Lesnar no matter what. Having the title on the line or not doesn't skyrocket the interest for this match.

I don't think that suits well with Goldberg. Is he a wrestler to take advantage of someone's interference? How can Goldberg look strong when he gets the title win with a interference? In fact, it makes him look weak. A guy who squashed Brock Lesnar needs Chris Jericho to interfere to defeat Kevin Owens?

Casual fans will be interested in Goldberg Vs. Brock Lesnar no matter what. Having the title on the line or not doesn't skyrocket the interest for this match.

i'm not saying that Jericho interfere in the match, i'm just saying, have jericho'S music distract owens long enough so that goldberg can beat him without hurting anybody in the process.

That fact of the matter is this, the universal title needs to be in the main event of wrestlemania because the thing is, WWE didn'T do a great job at making the title fell like a world title, in fact, for a period of time, the U.S. Felt more like the major title on Raw that the universal title. Putting the belt on a major star like goldberg and later on Lesnar Help the title feel important.

The other problem is that you need to take the U.S. title off jericho because he'S leaving soon after mania. So it makes sense for Owens to get that title at mania after getting screwed out of the universal title a month prior.

In the end Goldberg vs Lesnar will probably be the last match at mania and you need to make this match as big of an extravangaza as you can possibly can. So adding the title does that plus it help the title means something. If you leave it on owens, Their's a really good chance that their match will either be the opener or near their because as great as this feud has been, it's not a feud that's making a lot making a lot of money or bring casual fans to watch mania, so might as well just use the goldberg vs owens match at fastlane to advance owens storyline without hurting goldberg in the process.

i'm not saying that Jericho interfere in the match, i'm just saying, have jericho'S music distract owens long enough so that goldberg can beat him without hurting anybody in the process.

That fact of the matter is this, the universal title needs to be in the main event of wrestlemania because the thing is, WWE didn'T do a great job at making the title fell like a world title, in fact, for a period of time, the U.S. Felt more like the major title on Raw that the universal title. Putting the belt on a major star like goldberg and later on Lesnar Help the title feel important.

The other problem is that you need to take the U.S. title off jericho because he'S leaving soon after mania. So it makes sense for Owens to get that title at mania after getting screwed out of the universal title a month prior.

In the end Goldberg vs Lesnar will probably be the last match at mania and you need to make this match as big of an extravangaza as you can possibly can. So adding the title does that plus it help the title means something. If you leave it on owens, Their's a really good chance that their match will either be the opener or near their because as great as this feud has been, it's not a feud that's making a lot making a lot of money or bring casual fans to watch mania, so might as well just use the goldberg vs owens match at fastlane to advance owens storyline without hurting goldberg in the process.
Goldberg winning via some distraction from Chris Jericho or anyone else does hurt him for sure. He isn't built as a wrestler taking advantage of someone's vulnerability. He's built as a monster babyface who squashed another squasher in Brock Lesnar in just 86 seconds.

Kevin Owens who beat the hell outta Chris Jericho shouldn't lose to Goldberg or even Brock Lesnar. The one before this split, I could understand but this Owens? No way.

Kevin Owens Vs. Chris Jericho for Universal Championship >>>> Goldberg Vs. Brock Lesnar III for Universal Championship. One match doesn't need a title. Other could gain advantage by addition of a title.

There's no perfect way to do this. No matter what happens, either Owens, Lesnar or Goldberg is gonna come out of Fastlane looking either stupid and/or weak(er).

Lesnar costing Goldberg makes him look like an idiot. He already has the match, why the hell wouldn't he want it to be for the title? It also hurts Goldberg because... he loses and he loses his unstoppable aura.

Jericho interfering and costing Owens doesn't make Goldberg look good. Even if it's not physical and just a distraction, it would still be Goldberg taking advantage and you don't want an outcome where Owens can say Goldberg got lucky.

A squash ruins Owens' new credibility and stops whatever momentum he's gotten over the past few weeks dead in it's tracks.

And a normal match doesn't really benefit anyone. Lesnar doesn't look good because Kevin Owens lasted longer than him, Goldberg doesn't look good because it actually took him longer than a minute and a half to beat someone, and Kevin doesn't look good because... he still loses.

Unless maybe they do something before the match where Jericho takes out Owens, the match still goes on and Goldberg squashes him. That might be the "best" option. It still damages both Goldberg and Owens a bit, but it's not nearly as bad as a mid-match interference.

After Brock's sit down interview last night, it seems unlikely that KO will be leaving Fast Lane as Champion. Huge pity as well since KO's opening promo actually put some doubts in what has always seemed a predictable result.
Also, This KO is the one I endorsed for winning the Fatal 4-way some months ago when Balor went on the shelf. Huge pity if he gets beat cleanly without Y2J interfering in some form or fashion.

As for Brock Lesnar leaving Mania with the RAW Universal title belt. Count me in, considering that post-Mania should see the likes of Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, Finn Balor, Braun Strowman, Samoa Joe, Kevin Owens and even Sami Zayn all vying to get what is still very much a huge rub from defeating the Beast Incarnate cleanly. Really hope WWE does justice to all the guys mentioned above as the RAW Main Event scene finally looks interesting.

I've been saying it elsewhere....Owens should take the Bret Hart metal shield idea!

Goldberg spears the hell out of Owens, which makes Goldberg look strong. Owens wins because Goldberg knocks himself out by spearing the hell out of a man wearing a metal shield underneath his shirt. It makes Owens look smart, resourceful, and difficult to beat and it keeps Goldberg strong while keeping the title away from him.

I've been saying it elsewhere....Owens should take the Bret Hart metal shield idea!

Goldberg spears the hell out of Owens, which makes Goldberg look strong. Owens wins because Goldberg knocks himself out by spearing the hell out of a man wearing a metal shield underneath his shirt. It makes Owens look smart, resourceful, and difficult to beat and it keeps Goldberg strong while keeping the title away from him.

Actually, this idea would be great. Add in Lesnar coming out after to attack Goldberg to fuel the fire to that match as well.

I don't feel the same level of hopelessness I did a few weeks ago concerning this match. While I still feel Owens loses, I find myself feeling that he won't be made a complete fool of given the momentum he's had over the past few weeks and his return to his more devious, sociopathic self.

Personally, nothing would make me happier than to see Owens retain, even if he gets the hell beaten out of him. For instance, I could see Lesnar's music hitting just when Goldberg hits a spear and is getting back to his feet, Goldberg stands waiting for Lesnar as he appears and begins his slow walk to the ring, Owens recovers enough to where he spins Goldberg around & pulls him into the Pop Up Powerbomb and scores the win not because the move is so devastating but just because he caught Goldberg off guard with the move stunning him just enough and Owens simultaneously making the cover at just the right moment just before Goldberg is able to gather his wits about him. Of course, that's almost certainly not going to happen.

I like the idea of some sort of "shield" being worn under Owens' shirt that was mentioned earlier, but isn't it something that'd be pretty easily detected through his shirt given that Owens has a chubby tummy?

There's no way that Goldberg doesn't leave Fastlane as the Universal Champion. The bookies are really wrong with this sort of thing and they are predicting a massive Goldberg win with odds of 18/1. That means you would need to out 18 dollars on Goldberg to make 1 dollar or profit. Goldberg is going to win this match, you can mark that one down as a certainty. That's what is going to happen.

In terms of what I would like to see happen, I am torn. The Universal Championship doesn't really interest me that much and I don't think that either feud that is going to come out of this match needs the title very much. Jericho versus Owens is going to be a spectacular feud that may, or may not, have the United States Championship attached to it anyway. And Goldberg versus Lesnar seems bugger than the Universal Championship. And as much as I'd like Owens to continue being champion to cement him as a top level star, I think the appeal of giving Goldberg the title for one last run will be the defining factor for the WWE, heading into the huge match at Mania with Brock Lesnar.

I'm some ways, I don't care about the result of this match because this is just a stop gap on the road to bugger and better things for both men, which are infinitely more interesting than this. It should still be a great match though, for whatever reason. There's so much potential here that the WWE couldn't ruin it if they tried.

I really hope Goldberg doesn't squash Owens. Owens deserves so much more than that.

The best idea is for Jericho to attack Owens, causing a disqualification. It keeps everyone looking good.

Of course Goldberg will win, setting up Goldberg vs Lesnar, which no one wants to see.

I'm starting to think that this match doesn't even take place... Brock takes out Goldberg before the bell rings and while Owens celebrates, Jericho attacks him.

Well bugger we all know what happened and I'm not happy about it. Now Lesnar will win the title at Mania and we'll never see it again. If RAW thought they had problems now, what will they be like with no Jericho and Owens shenanigans and no title in sight for anyone to feud over. It will be sitting on Lesnar's ranch somewhere.

Well bugger we all know what happened and I'm not happy about it. Now Lesnar will win the title at Mania and we'll never see it again. If RAW thought they had problems now, what will they be like with no Jericho and Owens shenanigans and no title in sight for anyone to feud over. It will be sitting on Lesnar's ranch somewhere.

It's ok. I'll soon be the Universal Champion so I'll save Raw. (I already had a replica belt on its way)

In all seriousness I hated this. Lesnar and Goldberg don't need the title. The last thing I would ever want is for the title to be held hostage by part timers again. I would even take Reigns as Universal Champion instead of Lesnar or Goldberg. The "match" was an insult to the fans because Owens and Jericho would have been the perfect Universal Championship feud for Wrestlemania. This match and the terrible booking further prooves the vast superiority of Smackdown. Thank goodness for the blue brand!

It's ok. I'll soon be the Universal Champion so I'll save Raw. (I already had a replica belt on its way)

In all seriousness I hated this. Lesnar and Goldberg don't need the title. The last thing I would ever want is for the title to be held hostage by part timers again. I would even take Reigns as Universal Champion instead of Lesnar or Goldberg. The "match" was an insult to the fans because Owens and Jericho would have been the perfect Universal Championship feud for Wrestlemania. This match and the terrible booking further prooves the vast superiority of Smackdown. Thank goodness for the blue brand!

I totally agree Dagger. Actually Berkie said the same thing, we still have the title on Smackdown to look forward too, so it's a plus. I would take anyone as champion rather than part timers myself as well, shows no respect really for the guys that bust their asses week in and week out.

Anyway, have to look on the bright side don't we. Dagger will be champ and save RAW for all of us, or just screw RAW and go immediately to Smackdown. I'll cheer you anyway no matter what brand you end up on. LOL

Damn.

Atleast let Kevin Owens get some offense. I thought that it would be a complete squash. But before Festival Of Friendship. After that, I thought that the new badass Owens could get atleast a bit of offense in the match. But it was a complete squash. 22 seconds. That's all. We all knew that Goldberg will win and also a dominant one.

What a main event of Fastlane and also of Wrestlemania if Goldberg meets Brock Lesnar for the third time in the main event.

Damn.

Atleast let Kevin Owens get some offense. I thought that it would be a complete squash. But before Festival Of Friendship. After that, I thought that the new badass Owens could get atleast a bit of offense in the match. But it was a complete squash. 22 seconds. That's all. We all knew that Goldberg will win and also a dominant one.

What a main event of Fastlane and also of Wrestlemania if Goldberg meets Brock Lesnar for the third time in the main event.

At less they explained why it happened on raw, so it didn't hurt Owens too much. I always thought that the guy that should be the first one to get some offence on Goldberg should be lesnar so I'm not too mad about what happened in this match because logic dictates that it was the right thing to do at the time and the fact that they explained it on raw and it did advance this feud help in understanding why Owens didn't get offence on Goldberg

At less they explained why it happened on raw, so it didn't hurt Owens too much. I always thought that the guy that should be the first one to get some offence on Goldberg should be lesnar so I'm not too mad about what happened in this match because logic dictates that it was the right thing to do at the time and the fact that they explained it on raw and it did advance this feud help in understanding why Owens didn't get offence on Goldberg
I don't agree.

The Kevin Owens after Festival Of Friendship shouldn't have been squashed completely. You don't squash a badass character. What if Goldberg squashed Braun Strowman or Baron Corbin at the same event? That would be wrong as well. You don't build up a badass monster only to get completely squashed. Logic doesn't dictate what happened at Fastlane.

I don't agree.

The Kevin Owens after Festival Of Friendship shouldn't have been squashed completely. You don't squash a badass character. What if Goldberg squashed Braun Strowman or Baron Corbin at the same event? That would be wrong as well. You don't build up a badass monster only to get completely squashed. Logic doesn't dictate what happened at Fastlane.

But how do you give Kevin owens some offense without damaging both goldberg and lesnar's character. With a distraction finish at less you protect eveybody's character and push going into mania and Owens got his heat back on Raw anyway. Sometimes you just have to go with logic instead of what you think is right.

But how do you give Kevin owens some offense without damaging both goldberg and lesnar's character. With a distraction finish at less you protect eveybody's character and push going into mania and Owens got his heat back on Raw anyway. Sometimes you just have to go with logic instead of what you think is right.
So if Kevin Owens gets some offense, then the character of Goldberg and Brock Lesnar is damaged? That's what you want to say? Then let's continue watching Brock and Goldberg squash every wrestler possible and then moan as well that WWE ain't making new stars. Is this logic that stars continue beating or rather squashing your potential main eventers?

Did Brock Lesnar's character get hurt when Roman Reigns gave him hard fight at Wrestlemania 31? Nope, it didn't. Rather it helped Roman Reigns. So, if Roman Reigns can get significant amount of offense against Brock Lesnar then why not Kevin Owens against Goldberg? Or Roman Reigns is a special case because Vince loves him?

So if Kevin Owens gets some offense, then the character of Goldberg and Brock Lesnar is damaged? That's what you want to say? Then let's continue watching Brock and Goldberg squash every wrestler possible and then moan as well that WWE ain't making new stars. Is this logic that stars continue beating or rather squashing your potential main eventers?

Did Brock Lesnar's character get hurt when Roman Reigns gave him hard fight at Wrestlemania 31? Nope, it didn't. Rather it helped Roman Reigns. So, if Roman Reigns can get significant amount of offense against Brock Lesnar then why not Kevin Owens against Goldberg? Or Roman Reigns is a special case because Vince loves him?

In the current storyline that goldberg and lesnar are in right now, yes i does hurt them if owens gets some offense. You're talking about a guy in goldberg that just destroyed lesnar twice on PPV already without lesnar getting any offfense. The same Lesnar that has been destroying everybody in his path suddenly get squash by Goldberg. If you have owens get some offense on goldberg, it makes Lesnar look like less then nothing for not being able to get some offense on goldberg after being push so strong for so long. It makes Goldberg look weak because owens got the better of him for a little bit.

For the mania match to work, you needed Goldberg and Lesnar to look strong going into mania, sadly it meant squashing Owens in the process but again, Owens wasn't hurt at all by this because he can blame of this on Jericho and get his revenge at mania and i think, this actually help his character alot more then if he would have gotten some offense on Goldberg because now, he'S going to be a more vicious character against Jericho and that will elevate the guy even more then getting offense on goldberg before getting squash.

Also, just on a side note, while i do like your exemple, it's not the same situation as what we had here, in the roman reigns vs lesnar match that you use as an exemple, Lesnar was in a feud with Reigns, he didn'T have a side feud with somebody else and using reigns as a stepping stone to get to his main feud, so Reigns could have some offense on Lesnar because their was a reason for the match. The Owens vs goldberg match was just a stepping stone to advance both the Owens/jericho and the goldberg/lesnar feud, so you had to find a way to advance both feud without killing any momentum for everybody. Goldberg needed to look like an unstoppable machine and that match ddid that, Lesnar needed to still look like a beast, and with owens getting squash without offense, he did. Owens needed a reason as to why he got squash without getting any offense, and bringing in jericho to cost him the belt did that and it did help jericho that needed to get some sort of revenge for what Owens did to him at the festival of friendship.

i know that some fans of owens find it unfair that owens lost without offense but like i wrote before, after the way they lay out the matches for mania, it didn'T bother me because it was just part of a bigger picture and after raw, it made Owens look even more like a bad ass just by the pure rage he had about getting squash like that. I think sometimes, some of us in the internet are so much about the actual wrestling side of the matches and forgot that to build a superstars you need to create some great story and at fastlane, that exactly what they did, create a great story that will lead in creating a bigger superstar in owens at the end of all of this.

I'm calling it now, Roman Reigns is going to be the only one that's allowed to beat part timers.

In the current storyline that goldberg and lesnar are in right now, yes i does hurt them if owens gets some offense. You're talking about a guy in goldberg that just destroyed lesnar twice on PPV already without lesnar getting any offfense. The same Lesnar that has been destroying everybody in his path suddenly get squash by Goldberg. If you have owens get some offense on goldberg, it makes Lesnar look like less then nothing for not being able to get some offense on goldberg after being push so strong for so long. It makes Goldberg look weak because owens got the better of him for a little bit.

For the mania match to work, you needed Goldberg and Lesnar to look strong going into mania, sadly it meant squashing Owens in the process but again, Owens wasn't hurt at all by this because he can blame of this on Jericho and get his revenge at mania and i think, this actually help his character alot more then if he would have gotten some offense on Goldberg because now, he'S going to be a more vicious character against Jericho and that will elevate the guy even more then getting offense on goldberg before getting squash.

Also, just on a side note, while i do like your exemple, it's not the same situation as what we had here, in the roman reigns vs lesnar match that you use as an exemple, Lesnar was in a feud with Reigns, he didn'T have a side feud with somebody else and using reigns as a stepping stone to get to his main feud, so Reigns could have some offense on Lesnar because their was a reason for the match. The Owens vs goldberg match was just a stepping stone to advance both the Owens/jericho and the goldberg/lesnar feud, so you had to find a way to advance both feud without killing any momentum for everybody. Goldberg needed to look like an unstoppable machine and that match ddid that, Lesnar needed to still look like a beast, and with owens getting squash without offense, he did. Owens needed a reason as to why he got squash without getting any offense, and bringing in jericho to cost him the belt did that and it did help jericho that needed to get some sort of revenge for what Owens did to him at the festival of friendship.

i know that some fans of owens find it unfair that owens lost without offense but like i wrote before, after the way they lay out the matches for mania, it didn'T bother me because it was just part of a bigger picture and after raw, it made Owens look even more like a bad ass just by the pure rage he had about getting squash like that. I think sometimes, some of us in the internet are so much about the actual wrestling side of the matches and forgot that to build a superstars you need to create some great story and at fastlane, that exactly what they did, create a great story that will lead in creating a bigger superstar in owens at the end of all of this.
Wow man.

You mean to say that Owens, A World Champion for 6 months wasn't hurt after he was defeated or rather squashed in 22 seconds. A world champion in 22 seconds? We all want to have new stars. Do you think that Kevin Owens will be made a star by having him squashed?

We all know why Roman Reigns had significant offense against Brock Lesnar. You say that they were in a feud. What about Seth Rollins? What about Dean Ambrose? Because Vince loves Roman Reigns, he'll let him have significant offense. That's partial, isn’t it? He was feeded the new monster in Braun Strowman as well. And still people say that he shouldn't be booed. You need to be impartial to see what's right. It's not like Roman Reigns should get every rub possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back