All NBA team (current)

Goliath Uterus

Getting Noticed By Management
The all time NBA team thread, and a discussion I had earlier had me thinking about who the best players in their respective positions are. Well, here's what I came up with.

PG: Chris Paul - Just edging out D-Will here, Paul is a great all around PG, and I've always thought his scoring ability is underrated, as he can turn it up when it really matters most.

SG: Dwyane Wade - Don't let the stats fool you, D-Wade is currently the best 2 in the league, but he just happens to play with the best player in the world. Kobe's age is the deciding factor here.

SF: LeBron James - Best player in the world.

PF: Kevin Love - I'll put him at his natural position here, he's been tearing up the league lately, getting multiple 20-20 games and a few 30-20 games is enough to convince me here.

C: Dwight Howard - Easily the best center in the league, changes every shot put up around him, and continues to improve as a scorer. If he improves his free throw shooting he could see that 20 point average increase to 25-30 PPG.

You can add a bench if you'd like, I'll probably do so later.

The all time NBA team thread, and a discussion I had earlier had me thinking about who the best players in their respective positions are. Well, here's what I came up with.

PG: Chris Paul - Just edging out D-Will here, Paul is a great all around PG, and I've always thought his scoring ability is underrated, as he can turn it up when it really matters most.

SG: Dwyane Wade - Don't let the stats fool you, D-Wade is currently the best 2 in the league, but he just happens to play with the best player in the world. Kobe's age is the deciding factor here.

SF: LeBron James - Best player in the world.

PF: Kevin Love - I'll put him at his natural position here, he's been tearing up the league lately, getting multiple 20-20 games and a few 30-20 games is enough to convince me here.

C: Dwight Howard - Easily the best center in the league, changes every shot put up around him, and continues to improve as a scorer. If he improves his free throw shooting he could see that 20 point average increase to 25-30 PPG.

You can add a bench if you'd like, I'll probably do so later.

How is DWade any better than Kobe? Wade is great, and I love him. But when Kobe is commited to defense he is the most complete player. Kobe still averages 25+ a game with banged up knees and a finger than needs surgery. He is not as fast as Wade and no other player gets guarded more than Kobe. Kobe can shoot every day of the week, and when he feels like passing he is jsut unstoppable. Where as Wade can be stopped, as shown this year with the whole 3 points that he got. As for my team.

PG- DWill- Although I am not a big fan of the guy, there is not doubt he is the best point guard! Paul has been struggling of late and D-Will has been the most consistent player in the L.

SG- Kobe- Best player in the game today. Maybe Dwight, but you cant say Lebron or Wade because you can never be a best player when another best player is a wing as well. Dont put the arguement o Kareem and Magic as well, because they played in completely different positions. Pippen and Jordan were never considered the best players in the L at the same time.

SF- Lebron- Has become a more complete player. Has a bullet of a pass and is just a freak athletically.

PF- Pau Gasol- It really was a tough call but Gasol is just a better player around the rim. Shoots with both hands, consistent mid ranged jumper and rebounds and blocks.

C-Dwight- MVP this season, no doubt. Wins shouldn't matter. He is carrying the Magic! His offensive game so much better and his defense will always be there!

Starting 5

Point Guard: Chris Paul- CP3 is the best pg in the league and with a team like this I want a true, pass first point guard.

Shooting Guard: Kobe Bryant- This is an easy pick. He is getting older but he's still the best two guard in the league and can get the job done on both ends of the court.

Small Forward: LeBron James- He's the most talented player in the game and I'm giving him the nod over Durant because of his all around game.

Power Forward: Pau Gasol- There are enough explosive guys in the starting 5 so Gasol will be that consistent, fundamental guy who can score in the low post and also defend.

Center: Dwight Howard- Howard is a beast. He is the best defensive big man in the game right now and with this team he won't have to worry about scoring, though he will get plenty of easy dunks because of the focus on the other guys.

Bench

PG: Rajon Rondo- There are tons of great point guards but again, on this team I don't need ones who can score. Rondo leads the league right now in assists and he is also a good defender. Easy choice for my back up at the point.

SG: Dwayne Wade- He is an explosive scorer and a good defender. He would be a big spark off the bench.

SF: Kevin Durant- I hate not having him in my starting 5 because he is easily a top three player in the league but he will thrive in a 6th man role as he can play both the two and the three.

PF: Dirk Nowitzki- I hate putting another scorer on the bench around Durant and Wade but Dirk is too good to not make the back up at the 4. He can score at will.

C: Al Horford- I give Horford the nod over Brook Lopez because he is a better defender and still has a solid low post game as well. With he and Howard at the 5 all game no one could score inside.

BN: Deron Williams- I had to have three point guards with how deep the position is in the NBA. It's tough leaving off names like Rose, Westbrook, and Nash but for this team I believe I got the best three point guards possible.

BN: Kevin Love- He is averaging over 15 rebounds per game this season and would be perfect for a spot on the end of the bench. He brings toughness and a lot of heart to the court every night.

Starters

Deron Williams. Having a great year and has been in the discussion for best PG in a game for awhile now. I think he's there.

Kobe Bryant. May not be having an outstanding year, but once playoff time comes, you know he'll be ready. Still probably the best player in the game, but close behnd is

Lebron James. Forgot all the surrounding controversy and whatnot, he's still pretty damn good.

Dirk Nowitzki. Incredibly consistent. Having another great year and with the way the Mavs are playing, definitely in the running for MVP.

Dwight Howard. Really the only option. Even if he's not scoring, his rebounding and defense are enough to put him in this spot.

Bench - Paul, Wade, Durant, Gasol, Horford, Rose, Love

How is DWade any better than Kobe? Wade is great, and I love him. But when Kobe is commited to defense he is the most complete player. Kobe still averages 25+ a game with banged up knees and a finger than needs surgery. He is not as fast as Wade and no other player gets guarded more than Kobe. Kobe can shoot every day of the week, and when he feels like passing he is jsut unstoppable. Where as Wade can be stopped, as shown this year with the whole 3 points that he got. As for my team.

Kobe only averages 3 more points than Wade, and Wade also has two other all stars on his team, like I said, Kobe's age was the deciding factor here.

PG- DWill- Although I am not a big fan of the guy, there is not doubt he is the best point guard! Paul has been struggling of late and D-Will has been the most consistent player in the L.

Paul is statistically the better player, he's been on a slump as of late, but Paul always slightly edges out D-Will in most aspects of the game.

SG- Kobe- Best player in the game today. Maybe Dwight, but you cant say Lebron or Wade because you can never be a best player when another best player is a wing as well. Dont put the arguement o Kareem and Magic as well, because they played in completely different positions. Pippen and Jordan were never considered the best players in the L at the same time.

I wouldn't say Wade, but LeBron is clearly the best, most complete player in the game. Plenty of people thought Jordan was the best, even when Pippen was on his team.

Kobe only averages 3 more points than Wade, and Wade also has two other all stars on his team, like I said, Kobe's age was the deciding factor here.

Wade is averaging more minutes than Kobe and Kobe still gets more assists even when Wade has 2 all stars on his team. I think thats a bit weird, even if 'Bron does control the ball. Kobe is pacing himself as well. No way Wade is better than Kobe when Kobe is 100% ready.

Paul is statistically the better player, he's been on a slump as of late, but Paul always slightly edges out D-Will in most aspects of the game.

He might do, but head to head I think Williams has beaten him 13-3 times or some ridiculous amount. Pauls team went from the top team in the NBA to the team with the 12th best record. Williams is carrying his team and thats why I put him in front of Paul.

I wouldn't say Wade, but LeBron is clearly the best, most complete player in the game. Plenty of people thought Jordan was the best, even when Pippen was on his team.

I said dont bring up this arguement. You cant say Jordan was never the best because there were players like Hakeem, Stockon, Malone, Shaq (etc) in the league when Pippen and Jordan together.

He averages .4 more assists, and 3 more minutes so those statistics aren't really that impressive to me. Wade averages more rebounds, and is a more explosive player at this point of their careers, it'll be fun to see these two matchup on Christmas and hopefully once more in the finals to prove who the better 2 man is, that's for sure.

Fair enough on the Williams point, they're both fantastic, and also about as even as it gets.

And you said don't bring up the Kareem/Magic arguement because they play different positions. Last I checked, so do D-Wade and LeBron, so it's fair to say they're the best at their respective position, and that Bron is the best in the world.

He averages .4 more assists, and 3 more minutes so those statistics aren't really that impressive to me. Wade averages more rebounds, and is a more explosive player at this point of their careers, it'll be fun to see these two matchup on Christmas and hopefully once more in the finals to prove who the better 2 man is, that's for sure.

Fair enough on the Williams point, they're both fantastic, and also about as even as it gets.

And you said don't bring up the Kareem/Magic arguement because they play different positions. Last I checked, so do D-Wade and LeBron, so it's fair to say they're the best at their respective position, and that Bron is the best in the world.

They both play on the wing? So pretty much if your best defensive stopper will try and stop either of them. Where as if Wade played point it would be a different story,.

Anyways I would green rep you on what your doing with the NBA side of the sport section but I cannot. Always keen for a discussion with you and Big Sexy.

My all NBA team...

PG Chris Paul - CP3 is undeniably the best point guard in the NBA right now. He can do everything you look for in a point guard.

SG Kobe Bryant
- Kobe is still the best shooting guard in the game right now, and is explosive as ever.

SF LeBron James - C'mon, he's the NBA's poster boy and best player in the league.

PF Dirk Nowitski - Amazingly consistent and haves the Mavs playing great basketball.

C Dwight Howard - Plays like a monster and is single handedly carrying the Magic.

Bench
- Deron Williams, Dwayne Wade, Brook Lopez, Derek Rose, and Kevin Durant

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back