All Time NBA Team

Big Sexy

Deadly Rap Cannibal
This type of thread was done a while back when Papa Grande made the all time MLB team thread and now I would like to use that same concept for the NBA. You can make it up to a 12 man roster just make sure you point out the 5 starters and also try to have at least one back up for each of the 5 positions so we don't get teams with 6 centers or 5 point guards. Also make sure to defend your choices. Here's my team:

Starting 5

Point Guard- Magic Johnson: For my money he is the best, most complete point guard in NBA history. He was a tremendous passer, good scorer, and probably the only player in NBA history capable of being an all star at all 5 positions.

Shooting Guard- Michael Jordan: This is an obvious choice. MJ is easily the best player in NBA history. Not only was he an elite scorer but he was an elite defender as well and his athleticism made him one of the most exciting players ever to watch.

Small Forward- Larry Bird: Bird was a combo forward who could play at both the three and four. He was one of, if not the best three point shooter in NBA history and had tremendous basketball intelligence. He was also a great competitor and fits in perfectly here.

Power Forward- Tim Duncan: The Big Fundamental gets the nod as the starting power forward for me. He can score, defend, and is a proven winner. Definitely the best all around power forward of all time.

Center- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: Center is by far the toughest position to pick a starter for. Bill Russell and Wilt Chamberlain could have easily gone here as well. Kareem gets the nod for me because he was the best combination of scoring and defense for any center ever. He is the NBA's all time leading scorer and was also named to the all NBA defensive team 11 times. It also helps that his sky hook is probably the most unstoppable shot in NBA history.

Bench

PG- Oscar Robertson: Big O was the only player to ever average a triple double for an entire season. For those who don't know much about him, think of a slightly smaller version of LeBron James. Robertson could do it all and is one of the best players in NBA history.

SG- Kobe Bryant: There's a reason Kobe is the player most often compared to Michael Jordan. Kobe can score and defend at a very high level and is also the owner of 5 NBA championship rings.

SF- LeBron James: This may not be a popular choice but there is no denying this mans talents. The biggest knock on him is his ability to win a title and lead a team. With a team like this LeBron doesn't have to lead. He is possibly the most talented player to ever step on the court and is perfect for this spot.

PF- Karl Malone: The best low-post scoring power forward in NBA history. The Mailman was never able to win a ring but he and John Stockton formed one of the best tandems in NBA history and if it wasn't for Michael Jordan they would both have at least one ring.

C- Wilt Chamberlain: You have to have Chamberlain on this team. Scoring 100 points in a single game is damn impressive no matter how physically inferior your competition is. Wilt would be a beast off the bench.

BN (PG)- Isiah Thomas: The heart and soul of the Bad Boys. Pound for pound he is arguably the best player ever. He was a great scorer, good defender, and one of the toughest motherfuckers to ever step on the hardwood. He led the Bad Boys to two straight titles in the late 80's early 90's and along with his Pistons teammates they ended the Lakers and Celtic dynasties of the 80's.

BN (C)- Bill Russell: You can't have a team like this without Bill Russell. One of the best defenders in NBA history and the leader of the Celtics first dynasty. He has 11 championship rings to his name and he rounds out my team perfectly.

Coach- Chuck Daly: Two time NBA champion with the Pistons and a very underrated coach. He was able to coach the Dream Team in 1992 and lead them to gold so he could definitely control this team as well.

There are way too many honorable mentions to name but I believe the team I constructed was the best team possible.

Reactions: gd
Point Guard- Magic Johnson: There is a reason why they call him Magic, and it's because he is magic. He will get you the ball no matter what, he can score and he will play defense. But for this team he wouldn't need to score so he would be racking up 20+ assists. It also helps that he can play all five positions.

Shooting Guard- Air Jordan: GOAT, thats all I have to say.

Small Forward- Scottie Pippen: Call me biased but I think Scottie would be great for this team. He wouldn't care that he wasn't getting the touches because all he cares about is winning and doing the best for his team. He is a terrific defender and can shooter. He is also a point forward, meaning he can dribble up the ball and run the plays or simply just be a forward.

Power Forward- Tim Duncan: Arguably the greatest power forward of all time. He can hit any shot down low, play lovely defense and has the stamina to go all day. He would be the perfect fit for this team.

Center- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: He and Magic were the best duo in history. He carried his Bucks team to a ring and has the best shot in history with the sky hook. No matter who you are playing he will give you 100%. He and Magic would bring back the good old days.

Coach- Phil Jackson: Won the most championships as a coach, got Kobe and Shaq to win 3 rings together and has coached the best players. There is nothing he cant do.

Bench:
Kobe Bryant
Jason Kidd
Julius Erving
Shaq
Karl Malone

I'm not trying to knock your team Pippen as I think it's solid and you made a good post but for the sake of driving discussion I have a couple questions.

1. Why did you leave Larry Bird off? I'm not just asking this because he's Larry Bird, I'm asking because you do not have one pure shooter on your team. As great as Scottie Pippen was I would never put him on a team of the greatest players of all time.

2. Why did you pick Jason Kidd as your back up point guard? Kidd wouldn't even make my top 5 list of greatest point guards ever. You already have a pass first point guard in Magic so a guy like Oscar Robertson, Isiah Thomas, or Walt Frazier would have been a perfect back up. If you still wanted a pass first guy then John Stockton would have been a better choice.

I'm not trying to knock your team Pippen as I think it's solid and you made a good post but for the sake of driving discussion I have a couple questions.

. Why did you leave Larry Bird off? I'm not just asking this because he's Larry Bird, I'm asking because you do not have one pure shooter on your team. As great as Scottie Pippen was I would never put him on a team of the greatest players of all time. .

I never really was a fan of Bird. He was a good player but I think there are better people out there. I merely used Scottie in the starting line up because he would be like the Thabo Sefolosha of this team. Doesn't need to score just being out there playing great D and doing what he needs to do. I could of had Erving there but yeah shit happens. Bird wasn't all that good to me anyways. Thought he was a tad overrated. He is still a great player though and maybe I do need a sharp shooter but I was focusing more on D.

2. Why did you pick Jason Kidd as your back up point guard? Kidd wouldn't even make my top 5 list of greatest point guards ever. You already have a pass first point guard in Magic so a guy like Oscar Robertson, Isiah Thomas, or Walt Frazier would have been a perfect back up. If you still wanted a pass first guy then John Stockton would have been a better choice.

I know when I thought about it I should have put Oscar in, I actually don't know what I was thinking. I really like Oscar and I would have picked him but he somehow slipped my mind :|.

Couldn't resist bumping this one.

PG: Magic Johsnon - I was going to put Stockton here for a second, but took a look at the stats and reconsidered.

SG: Michael Jordan - No suprise here, I don't think I even have to explain this one.

SF: Larry Bird - I wanna say Scottie Pippen as well, but really can't. Bird has one of the most complete games of all time, so he gets the nod here.

PF: Karl Malone - Point machine is all that needs to be said here.

C: Kareem Abdul-Jabaar - Leading scorer in NBA history, 'nuff said.

BN: John Stockton - Easily the second best PG of all time

BN: Kobe Bryant - Not a huge Kobe fan but what who the hell else do I put here?

BN: Scottie Pippen - Big athletic dude who was a monster on both ends of the floor

BN: Timmy Duncanator - Fundamental ass dude who produces, that's all.

BN: Hakeem Olujawan - I love Chamberlain, but I'm not convinced he would be nearly as productive in a later era, and Olujawan is the guy I put behind Kareem, so there you have it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back