• All 60's Team

• All 70's Team

• All 80's Team

• All 90's Team

• All 00's Team

Results are only viewable after voting.

Big Sexy

Deadly Rap Cannibal
Inspired by the Kobe vs Bird thread in the bar room, this thread is dedicated to which decade fielded the best All-Decade team. I will list the teams and you guys debate/vote on which is the best. These teams do not have any repeat players for different decades meaning that you will not see Kareem on the all 70's and all 80's team, you will not see MJ on the all 80's and all 90's team, etc. I am also going to leave out the All 50's team simply because I don't see them getting any legitimate votes. This isn't necessarily going determine which decade has the best talent just who could put out the best starting 5. Assume all players are in their prime.

1960's All NBA Team
PG: Oscar Robertson
SG: Jerry West
SF: Elgin Baylor
PF: Wilt Chamberlain
C: Bill Russell

1970's All NBA Team
PG: Walt Frazier
SG: John Havlicek
SF: Rick Barry
PF: Elvin Hayes
C: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

1980's All NBA Team
PG: Magic Johnson
SG: Julius Erving
SF: Larry Bird
PF: Kevin McHale
C: Moses Malone

1990's All NBA Team
PG: John Stockton
SG: Michael Jordan
SF: Scottie Pippen
PF: Karl Malone
C: Hakeem Olajuwon

2000's All NBA Team
PG: Steve Nash
SG: Kobe Bryant
SF: LeBron James
PF: Tim Duncan
C: Shaquille O'Neal

Going with the 1980s team. Putting Magic, Bird and Dr. J on the same team is just unfair. I consider the 80s to already be the best decade for the NBA because of those guys, s.o I can't change my mind now...

I like the 00's 5 over the 80's. No offense to Malone and McHale but they would just be outmatched by the combo of Tim Duncan and Shaq. Larry Bird vs LeBron James would also be an interesting match up because I guarantee Bird has never been directly guarded by a freak athlete like LeBron. If I was asked to pick between Bird and 2000's LeBron as to who was a better player then I'd say Bird but only because he was a winner who didn't fold under pressure. With guys like Kobe, Shaq, and Duncan around him, LeBron would not have to worry about being the man and could just focus on Bird.

Going to shooting guard, as good as Dr J was there's no way I would take him over Kobe. The only huge advantage I see the 80's roster having is Magic over Nash. As good as Nash is offensively, he is equally bad on defense and the 6'8 Magic would be able to do whatever he wanted offensively. However, in the end I don't think that clear advantage would be enough. Just from a match up perspective I think the 00's team would go over the 80's team.

I'd also like to show the 60's team some love as they are a real dark horse. You've got Oscar Robertson at the point, he was LeBron James well before James was even thought of. You've got an elite scorer and one of the most clutch players ever in Jerry West at the other guard spot. At the three you have a guy in Elgin Baylor who could do it all and may very well be the most underrated player the NBA has ever seen. Then inside you have two of probably the top 5 big men of all time in Wilt Chamberlain and Bill Russell. The 60's team is possibly the best, most complete team of the group.

I had to go with the 60's team over the other ones.

It was really hard to go against any one of the last 3 all decades teams but its impossible to go against Bill Russell (the most successful NBA player in history), The Big Dipper Wilt Chamberlain, and Mr. Clutch Jerry West.

Russell is the greatest defensive player that ever played the game, hell the guy pretty much invented defense. Chamberlain knew how to put up monster numbers holding I think 7 scoring titles in the 60's not to mention a 100 point game, 50.2 ppg and over 4000 points in the 61-62 season. Those 2 alone would be a nightmare for any team since Russell could shut down anyone and Chamberlain was a pretty solid defensive player in his own right. Chamberlain could put up big numbers against any player, even Tim Duncan and O' Neal. Lastly Jerry West was called Mr. Clutch for a reason, in close game situations he would be the 1 player you would want on your team (well him and Michael Jordan) and since most games between all these teams would be extremely close a clutch player is necessary.

The Big O and Elgin Baylor were both great players as well and the combination of all 5 players would be a near impossible feat to defeat.

Also between Chamberlain and Russell they won EVERY NBA title in the 60's, that alone states their dominance. Not only that between those 2 and West that combines 16 finals appearances out of 20 in the 60's.

Combined with great offense, great defense and their proven track record to win its impossible to go against the 60's team.

Going with the 1980s team. Putting Magic, Bird and Dr. J on the same team is just unfair. I consider the 80s to already be the best decade for the NBA because of those guys, s.o I can't change my mind now...

I have to ditto that statement. There's no way any team could matchup against those three. Although that 1960s team looks scary. Either way, I voted for the 80s.

First, gotta state the fact that I’m a Sixers fan from the cradle to the grave. Now that that’s out of the way…this can’t even be debatable, can it??

It’s all about the original Dream Team. Yes, Magic and Bird are assigned to the 80s Team, but the reality of it all is the best decade is the 90s. Seriously, based on just pure chemistry alone, it’s the 90s. Then you add Olajuwon?? Come on, it’s not contest.

In my opinion, you have the top 2 two man tandems ever, combined with easily a Top 3 Center of all time. I’m not saying they would sweep the other teams in a Best of 7 Series. I’m saying the other teams would forfeit after going down 3 games to nothing in a Best of 7 Series.

I am going the 2000's. Why? Well Kobe and Lebron on the same team is scary. Especially when you have the best power forward of all time and the most dominant centre of all time. McHale could never out work Duncan and nobody can stop Shaq. Kobe and Erving would be a good battle but Bird would never be able to stop James. The only way the 80's team could beat the 00's team is by Magic, which is possible but still would be hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back