MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL Dream Teams

King Patrick Star

K. O. T. R. 2007 -€“ Team Undisputed
Who was, in your opinion, the best of the best at what they do??

My Dream Team

NBA
PG – Magic Johnson
SG – Michael Jordan
SF – Larry Bird
PF – Karl Malone (not 100% sure, but I’ll go with him for now)
C – Wilt Chamberlin (not 100% sure, but I’ll go with him for now)

I honestly don’t think that the PG, SG, and SF position can be argued. I think the Holy Trinity of Basketball is based on the Traffic Light Color scheme of Jordan, Johnson and Bird. As far as the PF and C spots, that’s up for debate till the end of time.

I'll come up with my MLB, NFL, and NHL Dream Teams at a later date.

Throwing MJ and Bird on a list is too easy. I'll go a little more outside the box.

C- Marcus Camby- Great rebounder and defender on the inside.
PF- Tim Duncan- Leader of 4 NBA championship teams, great all around
SF- Kobe Bryant- Give him the ball and move out of his way.
SG- Reggie Miller- Drains me a 3 whenever I need it, ultra-clutch. Close to picking Steve Kerr here.
PG- Gary Payton- The glove, harrassed your PG every night. Solid offensively, bit defensively sticks out.

Obviously make it a point to be defensive when I have Kobe on my team.

I'll do the others later.

I'll try my hand at the NHL:

C -- I want to put my hero Steve Yzerman here, but I know that Wayne Gretzky was the best of all time. So I guess it's Gretzky with a close 2nd to Yzerman.
LW -- Bobby Hull
RW -- Gordie Howe
D -- Paul Coffey
D -- Ray Bourque but i think you have to give a close second to Nicklas Lidstrom
G -- Martin Brodeur

Alright i'll try the NBA.

PG- Reggie Miller
SG- Michael Jordan
SF- Larry Bird
PF- Karl Malone
C- Patrick Ewing

Nobody can argue the SG, SF & C positions as those 3 players I selected are legendary players. As far as the PF & PG positions. Well those positions are up for debate.

Whenever I have time, I will pick the MLB, NFL & NHL ones when I can.

NFL

QB- John Elway- This close to taking Montana, but Elway was too good to pass up. Great arm, mobility, and had 2 rings to show for it.
HB- Barry Sanders- If he had a better Oline he would be a 20,000 yard career runner. Amazing athleticism.
FB- Daryl Johnston- I hate the Cowboys but I realize his great contributions to the team.
WR- Jerry Rice- Can't be argued. I hope I don't have to explain this one.
WR- Randy Moss- Amazing going deep, unstoppable in the red-zone, tall target for the QB.
WR- Cris Carter- Great hands- seriously mean that. It's thrown around a lot. Good across the middle, red zone threat.
TE- Tony Gonzalez- Completely redefined the TE position, good blocker, great receiver.

LT- Anthony Munoz- Had to do something right, not only named to 11 consecutive Pro Bowls, but named All-Pro the same amount.
LG- Larry Allen- Again, hate Dallas but Larry Allen was a dominating force in the trenches.
C- Dwight Stephenson- Major factor in very good Dolphins teams in the 80s, core of line blocking for Marino.
RG- Gene Upshaw- May be considered undersized today but he remained dominant over his peers, regardless of how he'd transition into today.
RT- Orlando Pace- Ultimately talented, big monster frame. Sign him up.

-----------

I'll get my defense up later.

PG= Chris Paul, He is just smart and so good for his age. Imagine in a few years.
SG= Kobe. Can anything be said here. I think he is the best player in the league, not Lebron.
SF=Scottie Pippen. I explained why I love this guy in another thread. Go look at it, while you are looking also post.
PF= Dennis Rodman. Mainly for defensive purposes. He wasn't great on offense but he was beyond great on defense.
C= I have to give this to Shaq. Just to big, just to strong, just to good.

P.S. I only gave it to modern day players because the rules have changed so much since the 40/50/60/70/80's that you cant really pick from back then.

NFL

QB- Troy Aikman. Ok a little biased here, but look at the 3 Super Bowl Titles the Cowboys won in the 90's & you will see why.
HB- Emmitt Smith. He can make a shitty ass play into a successful play & he is the all time leading rusher.
FB- Daryl Johnston. He don't miss blocks & he was the driving force behind much of Emmitt's success.
WR- Michael Irvin. He's a phenominal deep threat, he talks trash & backs it up. Plus what dream team can't have the Triplets.
WR- Jerry Rice. Do I need to explain this one cause I don't really think I do.
WR- Tim Brown. See above.
TE- Tony Gonzalez. He redefined the TE position. He can basically do it all as a TE.

LT- Orlando Pace. He is talented & he was one big ass mother fucker that was pretty much THE force of the Rams O-Line.
LG- Larry Allen. He dominated the trenches & also kept Aikman on his feet for much of the time while the Cowboys were busy winning 3 Super Bowl Titles.
C- Jeff Saturday. He's a leader on the line. He's one of the main reasons why the Colts always give up the fewest sacks in the league every year.
RG- Gene Upshaw- I couldn't think of anybody else. He was a bit undersized, but he always remained dominant over everyone else.
RT- Rayfield Wright. He could paly multiple positions like DT, OT &TE. He was originally drafted into the league as a tight end, but ultimately moved to OT & it ultimately paid off as he went to 6 pro bowls, won 2 superbowls for the Cowboys & protected Roger Staubach's ass during those times.

The defensive version of this list will be coming soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back