• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Alberto Del Rio is the NEW WWE Champion

twiztid jay

Dark Match Winner
If anyone caught the Hell in the Cell ppv, or read results you would learn that Alberto Del Rio beat CM Punk and John Cena in the Hell in the Cell match.. What is everyone's thought's on this??

keep it all in here..

If anyone caught the Hell in the Cell ppv, or read results you would learn that Alberto Del Rio beat CM Punk and John Cena in the Hell in the Cell match.. What is everyone's thought's on this??

keep it all in here..

I personally would've preferred CM punk winning..but whatever Del Rio will prolly drop the title again in 3 weeks..course, i hope im wrong

Pretty sure this is just for the tour of Mexico and then Cena will win it straight back. Also just another way to edge Cena closer to Flair's record.

I just hope cena doesnt win it back 3 weeks later let del rio hold the belt and let cena focus on the rock and the rock only now.

Good ending tho but i thought foley would make a return tonight.

I think WWE are trying to say that the whole company is just in turmoil and there is controversy around every turn so i think thats why they keep handing the title about.

Overall, im not too fussed. I think ADR is a good fit for champ and punk just seems more believable chasing the gold rather than wearing it in my opinion.

del rio won again >: ( he isnt seasoned enough for a title reign. really disappointing since i was hoping it would be cm punk winning the wwe title since his last run was cut short plus he had to share the spotlight. still dont think del rio is ready, plus he isnt really drawing any more so its a bad move. hopefully when he loses it, the title goes to someone who deserves it. cant wait for the next feud for the wwe title to start up.

I was surprised to see Alberto Del Rio win the title again. I just hope it's a long reign, even if he might not be my favorite choice to be the champion.
Let's hope they know what direction to take him in as champion, because when he won a month ago, it was a mess.

At tonight's HIAC ppv, Alberto Del Rio defeated John Cena & CM Punk at HIAC to regain the WWE Championship.

On one hand, it's nice to see them get the title off Cena. On the other, it's annoying because you wonder why even bother putting the title on Cena for 2 weeks. To me, it reeks of Vince McMahon not really sure which road he ultimately wants to go down.

Del Rio's first title run was lukewarm at best, though a lot of the fault does lie with creative and how he was booked. He did good his first week and then it went downhill from there.

A potential plus here is that, according to reports, Del Rio is scheduled to have a feud with CM Punk in the near future. I'm hoping that WWE uses this time to put Cena's emphasis more on the fact that The Rock is coming at Survivor Series. As others have said many times, Cena vs. The Rock shouldn't be for the title. It doesn't need the title and putting the title in the match at WM will only give away the outcome before it happens 'cuz we all know The Rock isn't sticking around. Cena lost the title tonight, so he doesn't need to get it back anytime in the near future.

I don't mind Del Rio as champion for the Mexico tour but I really wish he would fire Tattoo. I am tired of mowing my own lawn.

I think ADR was smart locking Cena out of the cage, so he couldnt retain the title. I do hope they keep the title on ADR for a good while though cause i hat seeing it change hands every month; IE: Cena, Punk, Cena, Punk, Cena, ADR, Cena, ADR, Cena, Punk, ADR, Cena,... Etc., Etc.,

I dont like ADR at all but i HATE seeing Cena as champ everytime I blink my eyes....

I think it's about numbers. Cena needs to be plugged as the best, so another title win for Cena helps get him closer to the almighty 17.

I think it's far too soon to say whether Cena will or will not have the title come WM28. I'm literally 50/50 on that whether he'll have it like he says he wants to or not.

Does this mean that tomorrow night The Rock will be back to start building? Or will it be after the next PPV in another couple weeks? (seriously WWE needs to drop the PPV count, pretty soon it's going to be a bi-weekly PPV schedule)

I hope Del Rio holds on to it, but I really don't know what's going to happen next. Maybe Cena will get it again at the next PPV.

It is really annoying that they took the title off him at NoC. Why couldnt he hav retained there and had the match tonight go the same as it did?

This is complete BS i think!! What is this del rio will drop the title to cena again after the tour of mexico this is WWEs way of making flairs record cheap and meaningless!! Gee WWE really must not like flair at all!! Have cena win the title 3 weeks later lose it and 3 weeks later win it again!! This shouldnt count at all!! Its BS!!

So if we include Money in the bank, here is the title changes since July 17th

July:
17th CM Punk
25th Rey Mysterio
25th John Cena

August:
14th CM Punk
14th Alberto Del Rio

September:
18th John Cena

October:
2nd Alberto Del Rio

thats 7 title changes in 11 weeks! Im not even sure if this is all the champions in that time but that is rediculous i think! What happened to the days where the champion held the title for months?

Granted we would like a few title changes but not every few weeks!

Yeah i didnt like it when Cena held the title for months a few years back, but that is down to how the creative are booking his matches! its not down to him as a person. If Punk had the title for 9 months, and was being booked poorly, i'd bitch and moan then too. It doesn't matter who the title holder is, its down to the booking of the matches he is in that pisses people off about them holding the belt for so long.

Miz's title reign was great, he played the heel champion perfectly and had a good solid run as champ. And it also ended at the right time, it didn't drag on too long.

There just needs to be a bit of consistancy within the title now, hopefully del rio can go on a nice solid run till Royal Rumble at least, but no doubt there will be a new champ at Vengeance in 3 weeks

What a year for Del Rio! The winner of the RR, MITB, and HIAC! I think the WWE did the right thing tonight. With the upcoming tour to Mexico, Del Rio had to win. Taking the title off Del Rio at NOC and making him win it back at HIAC by pinning Punk conveys the message that Del Rio cannot beat Cena one on one. I thought the way Del Rio won tonight was brilliant. I also thought out of everyone in the main event, Del Rio looked the most impressive. Since Cena does not need the title and has to start the build to his match with the Rock, Del Rio and Punk can have something to do leading to Survivor Series.

He shouldn't have lost the title in the first place. This should be a continuation of his first title reign instead of another one, and so soon. As RicoLen said, it's about the numbers. Cena will win the title at the end of the year or Royal Rumble.

The number of title changes recently is quickly becoming boring. As Chairshot Reality discuessed, the title has changed A LOT this past year. If the WWE really wants to surprise us, they'll have someone hold onto it for more than 6 months.

Miz's title reign was great, he played the heel champion perfectly and had a good solid run as champ. And it also ended at the right time, it didn't drag on too long.

There just needs to be a bit of consistancy within the title now, hopefully del rio can go on a nice solid run till Royal Rumble at least, but no doubt there will be a new champ at Vengeance in 3 weeks

Fully agree, a lot of people bitched and moaned when Miz won the title but he has definitely had the best title run in recent memory!

And yeah, Del Rio will lose it as soon as the tour of Mexico is over, and my guess is back to Cena so him and Rock can stare over it at Survivor Series.

They should have given Alberto an extend run of his first reign instead of giving him another reign. It really doesn't make sense at all. I don't understand why they need to emphasize on the number of times John Cena held the title when he defeated Alberto in their Summer Slam Title Match. I hope that their not grooming John Cena to beat the 17-mark. I don't think he deserves it either. I prefer seeing Triple H beat that record more than seeing John Cena going down the history as the guy who had the most Titles in his career.

Anyway going back to Alberto, I just wish him the best in his "future endeavors". I hope that WWE would give him a more credible run as champion. Let's hope that CM Punk will help him become a more credible heel.

This will be another short run for Del Rio. He has the ring chops but no charisma to sell shirts and put butts in the seats. CM Punk will get the strap in no time. Cena can't have it when he wrestles the Rock at WM because we all know he can't be the champ anymore. Cena will probably fues with Punk after WM. Who else can be the face of the company?

So Cena refused to job to Del Rio at Night of Champions... Because that is the only reason I can think of why Del Rio lost the title at NOC.

I think WWE are trying to say that the whole company is just in turmoil and there is controversy around every turn so i think thats why they keep handing the title about.
This is exactly what I'm seeing too.

The belt is changing hands constantly as a reflex of the complete turmoil that the company is in, part of the Triple H storyline. It's a nice touch, actually.

if u think for one second that del rio is holding that title long ur nuts cena will win it back either tomorrow night on raw or at the next ppv del rio sux his ring work is sloppy and his mic skills r horrible wwe did this to throw everyone off period cena will have the title going into SS and del rio will not mark my words will not hold the title long at all the ratings go dwon when he has the title and he doesnt know how to carry the company at all like it not cena will have the title back i would rather punk have it but superman will have the title back

There was no real point taking the title off Del Rio in the first place. Now he's a 2 time champion. Okay...cool but hopefully now Del Rio will hold onto it for a while and fend off Punk for a bit.

This is really getting old.....del rio isnt at that level yet. Cm punk should.have the belt hands down...and cena.....he just needs to go somewhere else for a while. Remember those moments when cenawould.t have the belt for like 6 months and then he chased the title. I miss those days. Lol :)

whenever that tour is del rio will only hold onto the title until then. then he will lose it to cena i think wwe would want cena as champ going into SS so del rio will lose the wwe title at Vengeance

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back