• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

A new member of Evolution, maybe even two?

I instantly thought fandango will b the fourth member since his crappy gimmick was mentioned by Steph n HHH repackage him as Johnny Curtis n being him in and also change his leg drop finisher

Evolution is perfect. We don't need any new members. I wouldn't be surprised if Ric Flair makes a few appearances from time to time while Evolution is still around. It is only relevant that he does, but not as an active 4th member. Only a supporter to cheer his boys.

I think the Evolution-reunion is a one-feud thing, with the purpose of giving The Shield that massive push that every talented superstar needs before solidifying their position in the main event.
The Shield had kicked everyone's ass (with exception of Wyatt Family) and one couldn't think of a solid group that had the ability to give them a run for their money. But now we have a reformed Evolution where almost every guy is a 10-time world champion, and I don't think they need any more members in order to be a legitimate threat to The Shield's dominance. At the culmination of this feud, The Shield will have benefited immensely from it.

Agreed.

This whole feud is all about the Shield and more specifically, Roman Reigns.

Evolution was once the dominant group on RAW, the Shield has been likewise in this time and now they have met their true match(the wyatt programme was to put over Bray and his family, lMO.)

No need for anyone to be added to Evolution. How much people can the WWE push in a Single storyline,tbh.
Expect Roman Reigns to fight back and evetually abandoned by Ambrose and Rollins. That, lMO, is where the storyline is headed.

my top picks would include Drew Mcintyre or Titus O'Neil, just a few short months ago my one and only pick would have been Wade Barret who deserves a push an has deserved one for a long time but i'm starting to like this "bad news" character an i cant wait o see what WWE does with him.

As of right now, I think the two perfect candidates to join Evolution are:

The Intercontinental Champion, Big E. Langston – What better way to repackage this guy as the future of this business then to align him with the (4th) greatest faction of all time. Batista should take Big E. under his wing and show him how to get the spotlight to shine on him.

The United States Champion, Dean Ambrose – They have been teasing a split for a long time. At the Evolution vs. Shield 3 – on – 3 match at the next PPV, Ambrose should turn on the Shield and join Evolution. Randy Orton should take Dean under his wing and show him how to utilize his potential for his own gain.

With both the Intercontinental Champion and the United States Champion joining Triple H’s latest Fac-Gime, nothing can stop Evolution. With this lineup, I would love to see Batista and Randy Orton win the WWE Tag Team Championship together for the first time and I would love to see Triple H win the WWE World Heavyweight Championship for the 14th time.

I think a new member is on the horizon but not right off the bat. As soon as the Shield gets the upper hand, its time for Evolution to gain an edge in the numbers game. As for who that could be, I don't want to see Ziggler or McIntyre or anyone else who has been around a while. Gotta be a new guy, someone as young or younger than the guys in the Shield.

I'd actually like Rybaxel to be added. I enjoy both men and both would fit the evolution. Ryback was great as a face but buried since he's been heel. Ok both didn't work out with Heyman but that was because they were constantly defeated by CM Punk.

Ryback fits role of early "animal" Batista by being the muscle whilst Axel is a mirror of young orton "coal into diamond", excellent in ring but lacking mic work. Plus both are currently strong team so could be tag champs later.

Also, Axel would be great to take US title of Ambrose and even have a feud. Axel w/hunter as manager would be great.

I do agree that more members would only work if Triple H turned into manager role with Orton & Batista being the old triple h role. Although probably would only work in long run if they broke up the main title back into 2 world titles with Orton & Batista holding one each but we don't need another Orton world title reign.

On the other hand, if they want to follow up Authority reign, orton could be the guy to be defeated by the shield thus getting destroyed by triple h & Batista as weak link and then those 2 rebuild evolution with 2 new guys with Batista being "new triple h" and winning wwe world heavyweight title with Triple h as manager.

I think if they added a team to the group then it would be the ideal way to debut The Ascension, two big rugged destroyers suits Trips style.

I think we're all forgetting that this isn't really Evolution. It's "Evolution". The original stable had a purpose. Past, present and future... And on screen, the true purpose of the stable was to keep Triple H on top, of course that was until Orton and Batista started growing.

Now it's more or less semi-past and present. That can't work for the long haul, I agree with the people that are saying this is a one time gig... once it's over we'll see them disband and Orton/Batista will try and go for the title.

The only way it could work, and you could add someone or a team into the group would be if either Orton or Batista left... that way you have the semi-past in Triple H, the present in either Batista or Orton (though it is ironic that Batista is older than Triple H). And the future would be whoever you decided to add.

If they were gonna use this current reunion as a way to launch evo 2.0 there is no question to me that Cody is the guy. With the brothers often on the losing end these days something has to give and jumping ship with the enemy is the best way to do so. Cody/Dustin can feud and lead to a big match at SS, maybe even a cage match like Owen/Bret in '94. Other guys who could use the rub and repackage: Fandango, Sandow and if you go w/an NXT guy to introduce as the prodigy how about Oliver Grey. Good look, cocky and decent worker. Could benefit greatly from all 3 members' influence.

- Bo Dallas: His motivational speeches while or after someone gets jumped by HHH/Tista/Orton would be hilarious. Him debuting as the fourth member gets him over instantly and the eBOlution shirts sell themselves.

- Fandango (with a new name): I've always felt like dude had a lot of charisma and a Jericho type voice where anything he said could have you cracking up. It's a shame he got stuck with a shitty gimmick and I hope he gets repackaged soon. The Evolution membership would be a great way to do it.

- Damien Sandow: This books itself. He's almost like the original Hunter Hearst Hemsley gimmick on steroids. Would love to see him join this new Evolution and feud all summer with Cesaro for the IC Title. The mic battles he and Heyman could have would be great.

New members would just kinda change the dynamic into something that might not work. Evolution probably won't be around that long either. Just long enough to get match, maybe 2 or 3, with the Shield. They won't last long enough to really make a new star. Also, the focus is on the original three saying "We're unstoppable when we're together". A new member wouldn't fit. It's a cool idea. Just wouldn't fit into what they're doing, which is perfectly fine by me.

For starters, I need to say this ... There is a clear blurring of the lines between The Authority and Evolution. Triple H is clearly a part of both groups. Randy Orton and Dave Batista were vying to be The Authority's chosen face. Meanwhile, Kane is a part of The Authority but not a part of Evolution. Still, these four guys all intersect into this Authority/Evolution vs Daniel Bryan angle.

So here's how I would play this out:

The next several months will be dedicated to The Authority/Evolution trying to get the belt off Daniel Bryan while The Shield tries to even the playing field. Though not technically a member of Evolution, Kane is getting the first crack at dethroning Bryan while the rest of the group is trying to take care of The Shield.

It goes without saying that Bryan will come up victorious over Kane at Extreme Rules. The Shield/Evolution match could go either way, but I have two guesses. Orton gets the pin, which earns him a shot to take on Daniel Bryan at Payback in June OR Batista takes the loss, which would also result in Triple H giving Randy Orton the title shot at Payback.

From there, we move on to Money in the Bank at the end of June. My best guess says that we will get Dave Batista vs Daniel Bryan for the WWE Title. The Money in the Bank match that month will be interesting. Triple H will reward Orton and Kane by putting both of them in the match. He will give The Shield a chance to qualify, booking a triple-threat between the trio, and announcing that the winner advances to the MITB match. This will be an attempt to create tension in the group. Reigns will ultimately win the opportunity, but the deck will be stacked against him at the pay-per view. He'll win anyway.

Holding the MITB briefcase while simultaneously protecting Daniel Bryan will create a level of distrust between Reigns and the champion, while also putting a divide between him and the rest of The Shield.

At Battleground in July, Triple H will attempt to take the belt off Daniel Bryan himself, losing the match thanks to interference from The Shield. This will set up Triple H vs. Roman Reigns at Summerslam as well as a WrestleMania rematch between Daniel Bryan, Batista and Orton for the title. Bryan will win the match, but he will be attacked by Reigns afterward and drop the belt to him.

Seeing that Reigns was able to do what Batista and Orton were unable to do, Triple H will drop the two from Evolution ... and re-form it with Reigns as the centerpiece. They will add a recent NXT talent - possibly Bo Dallas - and another young guy who needs a kick in the ass (Rhodes or Axel.)

So Evolution 2.0 would then be: Triple H, Roman Reigns, Bo Dallas and either Rhodes or Axel. Thoughts?

Evolution doesn't need a new member. They will last maybe 1-2 months to put the Shield over.

There is no point to add members to Evolution. It is what it is because of the three men involved and their history. Now if Triple H wanted to play the Ric Flair to three new guys in some kind of "corporate" stable

Alexander Rusev
Drew McIntyre
Cory Graves

For starters, I need to say this ... There is a clear blurring of the lines between The Authority and Evolution. Triple H is clearly a part of both groups. Randy Orton and Dave Batista were vying to be The Authority's chosen face. Meanwhile, Kane is a part of The Authority but not a part of Evolution. Still, these four guys all intersect into this Authority/Evolution vs Daniel Bryan angle.

The next several months will be dedicated to The Authority/Evolution trying to get the belt off Daniel Bryan while The Shield tries to even the playing field. Though not technically a member of Evolution, Kane is getting the first crack at dethroning Bryan while the rest of the group is trying to take care of The Shield.

It goes without saying that Bryan will come up victorious over Kane at Extreme Rules. The Shield/Evolution match could go either way, but I have two guesses. Orton gets the pin, which earns him a shot to take on Daniel Bryan at Payback in June OR Batista takes the loss, which would also result in Triple H giving Randy Orton the title shot at Payback.

From there, we move on to Money in the Bank at the end of June. My best guess says that we will get Dave Batista vs Daniel Bryan for the WWE Title. The Money in the Bank match that month will be interesting. Triple H will reward Orton and Kane by putting both of them in the match. He will give The Shield a chance to qualify, booking a triple-threat between the trio, and announcing that the winner advances to the MITB match. This will be an attempt to create tension in the group. Reigns will ultimately win the opportunity, but the deck will be stacked against him at the pay-per view. He'll win anyway.

Holding the MITB briefcase while simultaneously protecting Daniel Bryan will create a level of distrust between Reigns and the champion, while also putting a divide between him and the rest of The Shield.

At Battleground in July, Triple H will attempt to take the belt off Daniel Bryan himself, losing the match thanks to interference from The Shield. This will set up Triple H vs. Roman Reigns at Summerslam as well as a WrestleMania rematch between Daniel Bryan, Batista and Orton for the title. Bryan will win the match, but he will be attacked by Reigns afterward and drop the belt to him.

Seeing that Reigns was able to do what Batista and Orton were unable to do, Triple H will drop the two from Evolution ... and re-form it with Reigns as the centerpiece. They will add a recent NXT talent - possibly Bo Dallas - and another young guy who needs a kick in the ass (Rhodes or Axel.)

So Evolution 2.0 would then be: Triple H, Roman Reigns, Bo Dallas and either Rhodes or Axel. Thoughts?

Thoughts, I got some thoughts for you, that is completely stupid. Don't quit your day job. Reigns needs to be a face and I think he should win the belt without the MITB case. They are already perfectly set up for Reigns to dominate and this time win the Rumble next year. I think that he needs more time to build anyway. When I look at him, I see a guy they should put the belt on but I also see a guy that could be hurt by getting it too soon. He has a ton of steam and if you let it simmer for a while and then turn up the heat again after the summer I think he will be red hot and ready to make that next step.

When I first saw the name of this thread, my initial thought was Drew McIntyre. If anyone needs a reboot it is Drew. He has all the tools, but has been saddled with 3MB for long enough. If there is to be a new member, my vote is for Drew.

Drew McIntyre couldn't get over with Vince holding his hand. An embarrassing performer and the clear weak link of 3MB. He's lucky to be where he is on the card.

1st the OP said that the need for a forth member was due to The Shield being aligned with Daniel Bryan but I get the sense that we'll get a Kane/D Bryan feud which would remove those two from this program. I could see Evolution get (Lebron voice) not 1, not 2, but 3 new members. I think Wade Barrett and Rybaxel would fit perfect in this group. Wade has a great look, is a good mic worker, and was once the leader of what was consider at that time the best group since Evolution in The Nexus. Oh not to mention the guy can wrestle his ass off. He would perfect as someone whom HHH could groom to be the next HHH. Now I know Rybaxel sounds like a major stretch but here's how it makes sense Batista/Orton are the older versions of Ryback/Axel. The parrells are almost uncanny. Curtis Axel 3rd gen wrestler has all the god given talent in the world but for some reason he cant get himself over. Ryback is a beast that is capable of destorying who ever he wants but is limited on the mic and cant get himself over. Tell me that doesnt sound like Orton and Batista before Evolution. This could also work if WWE decided to throw HHH, Orton, or Batista back into the title picture. It would have the Authority involved in the two top storylines chasing havoc like all good heel groups should. Now I know some ppl will complain that 6 in a group is too much but if excueted properly this angle could evalate 6 young stars which seems to be what the new regime is trying to do. Heck maybe The Shield gets a new member or allie( I'm thinking Big Show, Sheamus or my personal favorite of Heyman and Cessaro) to help even things out.

I would have the Shield have the upper hand on Evolution and have Cody and Ted Dibiase make the save, surprise return.

Have them being called "Evolution's Legacy"

I would have no problem seeing matches involving Ambrose and Rollings vs Cody and Ted.

I would never put Ziggler in there, if Trips doesn't like DB he wouldn't make any sense to bring Ziggler on board, he doesn't like guys that don't have the physique in the storyline (And in reality!)

Titus needs some polishing, Big E needs a new everything, it's not working for him, wouldn't work in Evolution either.

Personally, I'm disappointed that Ric Flair isn't apart of the reunion. He was just as much apart of the group as the other 3. Even at 65 he still cuts better promos then the other members. I'm curious to know why he isn't involved in some form.

Personally, I'm disappointed that Ric Flair isn't apart of the reunion. He was just as much apart of the group as the other 3. Even at 65 he still cuts better promos then the other members. I'm curious to know why he isn't involved in some form.

It's possible that they don't want him involved because Evolution is a heel team, and nobody is going to boo Ric Flair, at least at the beginning of the faction's reboot. Either that or they just don't want him as a regular character on television because his behavior is erratic.

From there, we move on to Money in the Bank at the end of June. My best guess says that we will get Dave Batista vs Daniel Bryan for the WWE Title. The Money in the Bank match that month will be interesting. Triple H will reward Orton and Kane by putting both of them in the match. He will give The Shield a chance to qualify, booking a triple-threat between the trio, and announcing that the winner advances to the MITB match. This will be an attempt to create tension in the group. Reigns will ultimately win the opportunity, but the deck will be stacked against him at the pay-per view.

Up until that point, I can agree with.

After that, with turning Roman heel and all. Not so good, especially with the rumour going around that HHH vs Roman Reigns at SummerSlam where Roman will most definitely be a Face that will finish the Authority once and for all.

After that point where Reigns wins the MitB match opportunity by way of the 3-way Shield match which is forced on the team by HHH, have Ambrose and Rollins team up and cost Reigns the win at MitB(who wins is irrelevant in all this), setting up a Roman Reigns vs Ambrose and Rollins match at Battleground with Ambrose and Rollins revealing that HHH has "bought them out".

At Battleground, Reigns can be on the verge of winning the Handicap match against his former teammates, but HHH(with/without his lackeys) can cost him the win and beat him down mercilessly.

After that beatdown at Battleground, the story can continue towards a Final confrontation between Reigns and HHH at SummerSlam with the fans firmly in his corner by then(hopefully).

The idea of Triple H stepping back and ushering in a whole new Evolution is interesting but I don't think he can get that many guys over at once, the original stable worked because Triple H and Flair provided the star platform to get Randy and Batista over.

I think WWE are putting a big effort into building this Evolution vs The Shield angle and I don't see them blowing it off in a couple of months, to me that doesn't seem to fit with Triple H's supposed long term booking philosophy that should see multiple team matches and some singles matches between the factions.

I also think Triple H is clearly making a big push to get over new guys and I don't see him passing on the model the Horseman used of adding a new guy in different incarnations to give them a rub.

I actually have to go back on who I think the 4th member should/could be, it wont be any of the guys who have spent the last year in the spotlight as jobbers, it's much more likely to be a guy with some decent upswing or an NXT guy.

It's possible that they don't want him involved because Evolution is a heel team, and nobody is going to boo Ric Flair, at least at the beginning of the faction's reboot. Either that or they just don't want him as a regular character on television because his behavior is erratic.

It's most likely a mix of both, fans don't want to hate on Flair as he's a legend and not in the best way, and from a corporate side giving Flair a lie mic is a bit risky.

It's possible, and as others said, Triple H is the main reason. Triple H is slowly making the transition to full time authority figure, and he rarely wrestles now a days. He'll stick around as the leader/boss of Evolution, but they'll need someone to take his spot as a full time wrestler.

I'm not sold on Reigns, because he's the stand out star in The Shield. If you take away Reigns, you kill any chances of a successful face run for The Shield. Rusev is a maybe . The potential is there, but WWE put a lot of effort into the destructive foreigner stuff with all the video packages, Lana, and the showcases on the pedestal. If Rusev joins Evolution, they'll have to strip him down to the core for it to work, and I can't see that happening, because they're still in the very early stages of Rusev's run on the main roster

I'll go with Big. E as a potential candidate. Big. E was floating around in no man's land for months. The tournament brings some attention to the IC title, but that's not going to last for long. He needs another spark.

Definitely Titus O'Neil, He has all the makings for a great wrestler but right now he's in jobberville along with sandow and ziggler.

I would say Titus and Damien perhaps. Ziggler I don't think would work because he's presented more as a rebel. Hell, I don't think he's even been in a set tag team, let alone stable, at least Titus been with the million dollar players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back