• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

30 day song challenge

Uncle Phatso

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Yeah I'm sure you all know of that shitty Facebook picture challenge thing. But this is a new one that I thought would fit in here well. Feel free to post and take part of this.

Remember to put your youtube videos in the Spoiler tags to cut down on loading time and freezing for some peoples computer! And no SPAM!

The list
day 01 - your favorite song
day 02 - your least favorite song
day 03 - a song that makes you happy
day 04 - a song that makes you sad
day 05 - a song that reminds you of someone
day 06 - a song that reminds you of somewhere
day 07 - a song that reminds you of a certain event
day 08 - a song that you know all the words to
day 09 - a song that you can dance to
day 10 - a song that makes you fall asleep
day 11 - a song from your favorite band
day 12 - a song from a band you hate
day 13 - a song that is a guilty pleasure
day 14 - a song that no one would expect you to love
day 15 - a song that describes you
day 16 - a song that you used to love but now hate
day 17 - a song that you hear often on the radio
day 18 - a song that you wish you heard on the radio
day 19 - a song from your favorite album
day 20 - a song that you listen to when you’re angry
day 21 - a song that you listen to when you’re happy
day 22 - a song that you listen to when you’re sad
day 23 - a song that you want to play at your wedding
day 24 - a song that you want to play at your funeral
day 25 - a song that makes you laugh
day 26 - a song that you can play on an instrument
day 27 - a song that you wish you could play
day 28 - a song that makes you feel guilty
day 29 - a song from your childhood
day 30 - your favorite song at this time last year

Day one: your favorite song
Pantera- Hollow
[YOUTUBE]_j-8tn4nmow[/YOUTUBE]

I've always been a huge fan of Pantera, I will probably always be one to. But this song hit a note for me a few years after Dime died. A lot of people play Cemetery gates for him or a Hellyeah! song, But when I want to remember Dime on his birthday or the day he died I play this song. Phil's vocals sound so sincere for the person he is talking about, and to me he is talking about Dime now. I've just listened to this song so much it's became my favorite song over the years.

I have started to do this on my Facebook page haha

Its a good idea to do it here too though, so here my my pick for day 1.

Day 1: Your Favourite Song

Oasis- Supersonic

[YOUTUBE]p29MG7wn4F8[/YOUTUBE]

I have posted many times as to why Supersonic is my favourite song of all time. It has been since I first heard it many years ago. I had the title of the song painted above my bed at my parents house, I have been carried round the room at parties and nightclubs when the song has been played, it has been a part of so many great events in my life.

I love Liam Gallagher's vocals, the guitar, the chorus, the solo. It is by far the greatest song I have ever heard, and as it was Oasis's debut single it showed the word that here was a band who were going to change British music their way

Just an amazing song

Day 1: Your Favorite Song

I actually havent heard of this, but I think its a fantastic idea! Ill join right in!

[YOUTUBE]PVrzFTZ7YGw[/YOUTUBE]

Ok, right, so i mentioned in Dave's thread of adding two songs a day to your Ipod that I didnt even have my favorite song on my Ipod, which is a shame! This is a song that has actually brought my wife closer in many situations, and Im unashamed to say when we saw them live, we both cried in each others arms, only they were good tears. Alot of people around us thought we were crazy, but I can't state enough how this song alone was a turning point both in my wife's life, and in our relationship. Music truly can transcend things sometimes, and that's exactly what this song did. Saosin is far from my favorite band, or the genre I listen to most, but Youre Not Alone is my favorite song, has been for 4 years, and probably always will be!

Well my favorite song, at the moment, is a song by an old Irish Rock band, called the Horslips. The song is called “Dearg Doom”.

[YOUTUBE]y5G8AJf4Xzw[/YOUTUBE]​

It's an old Irish Rock song. Most of you will have never heard of them, and probably hate their style, but this is over 20 years old, so it's a different style. The Horslips were Irelands leading band. The revolutionized the music industry in Ireland with their unique meshing of traditional instruments, with electric guitars and drums. It worked very well. The song here, "Dearg doom"(dearg is Irish for red), is one of the greatest songs to have been heard in Ireland. It has in my opinion, truly epic guitar playing throughout. From the starting sequence which is herd several times in the songs, it sets the scene for some outstanding beats, rhythm and what not. The singing is an old style, it's rustic and unique sounding, and I love it. An all out great Irish rock song, old school style.

Day One: Favorite Song

It's a tough one, but I have to go with my fellow Jersey Boy Bruce Springsteen's Thunder Road.

[YOUTUBE]KngiJUNdsu0[/YOUTUBE]

When I first started getting into Bruce it was all about Rosalita and Born to Run, and I didn't really stray to far away from those songs. Of course I knew most of Bruce's stuff, but those were my two favorites. Then one day I was just chilling out and Thunder Road came on and it caught my attention, and I just thought it was beautiful. I got chills over my body at how amazing the song was and I was listening to it non stop. I learned the chords on my guitar, I started singing it, and it quickly overthrew Under the Bridge as my favorite song.

Day 1: Favorite Song.
This is definately a tough one since I have a couple the I really like and consider favorites. I went with Bon Jovi's: Everyday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=870-_Fa5bgo

Bon Jovi has been one of my favorite groups for a while now. I find this song to be my favorite for a few reason's. It's rock, it relates to me, and has a good story. I heard it a couple summers ago and I can't get it out of my head. I just can't stop listening to it.

I have to say it right now, there are going to be TONS of Foo fighters songs.

I've been thinking about it for the last 40 minutes, and I'm still not sure. However, there is this one song that makes stand still, take a look around, think about life, scream my heart out: "THE BEST, THE BEST , THE BEST OF YOU" Yep, I will start the challenge with a Foo's song:

[YOUTUBE]h_L4Rixya64[/YOUTUBE]​

I'm not a big fan of musical videos, however this is not only my favorite song, it is also my favorite video. I mean, the lyrics are about freakin life: death, life, tears, laughs, happy, sad. That's what is life all about: having the best of you of everything. The video shows it perfectly IMO.

Great idea for a thread, have some memories and look at you music library. :D

Why not?
Always has been,(most likely)always will be Enter Sandman by Metallica
[YOUTUBE]KQalq90zqxo[/YOUTUBE]
Ever since I first heard this song when I was 11, I have LOVED IT! James' vocals just do unimaginable things, and this song's one of them.Kirk and his guitar help make this song up there. I think only one thing could have made this song any better:Cliff. If he was on this song, I don't know what I'd be thinking.

Day Two: Least Favorite Song

Instead of picking a song that I just despise in every way, I'll pick a song from a band I love off an album I adore but this song just blows.

[YOUTUBE]LvS3MR3EyEE[/YOUTUBE]

I don't like it. It doesn't fit in with the album, it's fairly uncreative, and the opening line just sets the tone for the entire song: lame.

Day 2: Least Favorite Song

Right, so it's past midnight here in Pittsburgh, so I can go with Day 2! This one has a good story to it as well, and I really hate Amy Lee.

[YOUTUBE]43dJpNTuo80 [/YOUTUBE]

So they go from making fantastic rock opera to this crap Evansesence? And then you decide it's a good idea to call your ex-fiancee(Shawn Morgan of Seether) out in a song? Youre 0-2 here, babe. The best part is this. The local rock station where I live here in Pittsburgh played a recording of her calling in a radio station where she lived, requesting this song to be played. Only she couldn't remember the name of her own song, because she was drunk. She just gave them her name and told them she was the lead singer of Evanescence. I wish I could find the recording, because its hilarious, and it certainly sounds like her. As for the song, it's hideous, and I think Rebecca Black is lyrically mature compared to this. Just awful in every way.

Day 2: Your least favourite song

Black Eyed Peas- My Humps

[YOUTUBE]iEe_eraFWWs[/YOUTUBE]

I despise EVERYTHING about the Black Eyed Pea's. In my opinion they are the worst thing to happen to popular music in years. I hate Will-I-Am, I hate the other guy and I hate Fergie. The only good thing any of the band members have ever been involved in is the song Fergie did with Slash on his recent solo album. That was good, and showd she can sing.

Why then, does she do absolute garbage like this. Yeah, I know you have nice lady lumps Fergie, but please don't make a record talking about them, especially one as terrible as this. There is just no redeeming features whatsoever about this track. It really is offensive to my ears, and it saddens me that so many people love this kind of music.

What the hell is wrong with them? Can they not see the wealth of great music they are ignoring while contiuning to listen to this crap?

Black Eyed Peas....you SUCK. Please fuck off....NOW

Day 2: Your least favourite song
Katy Perry- Pecock
[YOUTUBE]O1jJENKW1nI[/YOUTUBE]

I don't honestly get why all the Katy Perry love. She is hot, and she can sing. But I don't like most of her songs, But every girl from 10-27 in my town thinks she is the most amazing singer ever. They will constantly blast this fucking song, honestly for a while you would hear this every day in my town. I have no clue, I think it's terrible. Maybe if she made a music video for it showing us her tits I would like it. But other than that, she needs to keep her music out of my eardrums.

Day 2: Your least favourite song.

Black Eyed Peas- The Time (Dirty bit)

[YOUTUBE]JwQZQygg3Lk [/YOUTUBE]

I have also picked a Black Eyed Peas song as my least favorite. They took a classic song in "I've had the time of my life", and in my opinion, completely made a mock of it. Mixing an old ballad, like this one, and new DJ stuff, just doesn't work in this case. I hate it. I dislike the Peas, they have done very little to warrant their level of success, bar a couple of songs.

Day Two-Least Favorite Song
-Insert any song by a person who's initals are JB-
[YOUTUBE]kffacxfA7G4[/YOUTUBE]
I don't get what all the hype is about. He/She/It sounds like a ten year old, and people, for some strange reason, actually LIKE IT!What the Hell?

This song,for example. You can't do ANYTHING without hearing it. It sounds horrible, and Beiber needs to stop.

Day 2: Least Favorite Song​

I fucking hate reggae, but this song right here, I think is the worst piece of shit that my ears have ever bled listening to:

[YOUTUBE]rXCbSIKB9mI[/YOUTUBE]​

Oh yeah, btw it's in spanish, nevertheless I HATE this song. The first 6-7 seconds are more tha enough in order to say "GOD MAKE IT STOP!". I'm sorry but I just cannot stand this song. Fucking hippies

Day 3: A Song that makes you happy

So, this one was a tougher one for me. I couldn't determine between an upbeat song, or more of a love song. In the end, I went with a song from one of my favorite bands that just released their third album. I ust picked up the album a few days ago, but there's one song that's really stuck with me, and Ive easily listened to it 20 times or so.

RED: The Best is Yet to Come

[YOUTUBE]Ebb0u3U2Yck[/YOUTUBE]
RED is a post-grunge/alternative rock band, but they're introspective saps at heart. While they've put out some great songs that really rock in Death of Me, Fight Inside, and Breathe Into Me, all of which Id recommend, this may be my favorite song of theirs. Its a song about a relationship that went through it's difficult times, and came out on the other side the better, while looking forward to a wonderful life together. This perfectly encapsulates my wife and I's relationship. It's a celebratory ballad more then anything, and how often do you find one of those? The charm is in its simplicity to me, and suffice to say, Ive highly overplayed it the last few days. ;)

Day 3: A song that makes me happy.

There are many songs that make me happy, but I think Damn it Feels Good to be a Gangsta by the Geto Boys is my favorite.

[YOUTUBE]AULRSOK1KPQ[/YOUTUBE]

It's a smooth beat that is relaxing but strong, which could really be said about the song as a whole. It's the perfect song to play after a long day full of accomplishments or even after just one draining ordeal. At the end of the day, if nothing else, you still have your swagger, your integrity, your pride, and that's what being a gangster is all about.

This song makes me happy because of that, and because it reminds me of the last few weeks of summer before going off to college. My friend and I would crank up the jams and go on L-rides all around town, smoking and just enjoying what was left of our "childhood" before we went to college. Though I've remained friends with this guy, both of us have changed so much–he's gotten really strange, I've learned to be more true to myself which I'm sure is strange to people who knew me differently for seven years–but I can't think of anytime we were better friends than when we were cruising around the suburbs of New Jersey, listening to smooth rap, smoking a waterbottle bong.

Day 3: A song that makes me happy

Michelle Branch- Everywhere

[YOUTUBE]hc9k3-fwwYM[/YOUTUBE]

Ahhh the American Pie 2 song! I absolutely love this track. It is different to pretty much everything else I listen to, but for some reason the upbeat tempo of this song has always put me in a good mood.

Its happy, its fun and it puts a smile on my face. I never skip this when it comes up on shuffle on my ipod, and it never fails to improve my mood if I have had a shitty day or am feeling a bit down.

What more can you ask for from any piece of music. Plus, it always reminds me of going to see American Pie 2 in the cinema with my friends, struggling to get in as we were all underage and then coming back in disguises in smaller groups and managing to get it. I loved that movie, and it brings back memories of younger, carefree days with the lads.

In fact, I am gonna put that song on now!

Shit, why haven't I seen this thread yet.

Anyhow I don't know if I can post more than one song so I'll go with one for now.

Day 1

My Favourite Song

This is a tough one as there are so many that I like but I guess I'll have to pick this one

[YOUTUBE]fk9BPNnz1A4[/YOUTUBE]

This was the song that got me into Alice In Chains. The music was great from Mike Starr's bass at the start with Sean Kinney playing drums to Jerry Cantrell's guitar to Layne Staley's vocals it all gelled so well. I also love the lyrics. On their own their great but when you find out what they stand for (Jerry Cantrell wrote the song for his friend Andrew Wood of Mother Love Bone who died of a heroin overdose) they become even more meaningful as they say people shouldn't pass judgements on others no matter how bad their situation and I feel this uplifting in a way.

Day 3: A song that makes me happy.

[YOUTUBE]iPUmE-tne5U[/YOUTUBE]

Katrina & The Waves- Walking On Sunshine.

Well this song makes me happy. It's a really good and fun pick me up song. It's bouncy and has a great beat. It is by no means the type of music I'd listen to regularly, but I often like to go back into the old days, and listen to some of the classics. This is one of them, and you can't help but smile to this song. I even randomly burst into song when I hear this, and it's a great song to sing, really make you just feel relieved and happy.

Day 3-Song that Makes you happy
Holiday by Green Day
[YOUTUBE]9iJayMaUGrk[/YOUTUBE]
This song is great. Whenever I hear this song, I have to smile. It talks about what everyone either does or will do. Then the chorus takes all the thoughts away. Every bad thought.

Mia- Paper planes remix Ft Biggie and 2pac.
[YOUTUBE]M7fBHvaczSU[/YOUTUBE]
This was a song my and a group of my friends would blast all the time when we were smokin. This song reminds of a time not to long ago when we were all friends, we were doing alot of shit back then. But it was all simple, it wasn't about getting high. It was about smoking and having that moment with your buddies. But later on it turned into bullshit, but I can allways still look back on this song and get a good laugh out of it. Mia dosen't even need to be on this track, the portions of tupac and bigs goes nice with the beat.

What a great song to end an exhausting day:

[YOUTUBE]lVk6-LHwCL0[/YOUTUBE]​

That's right Boston's "more than a feeling" is a song that makes me very happy. It's a classic song, in some way, yet I never really payed attention to it until one day when I was watching Scrubs. I remember the scene, it was the ficticious air band "kool katz". Anyway when they start to "play" this song, it got so energy and the actors had THE feeeling lol. Maybe that's why I like it, it has energy and reminds me of Scrubs. Anyway I love this song :)

Day 4:

A song that makes you sad

[YOUTUBE]3pjV1Ah6rNM[/YOUTUBE]

This song is a non-album track, but is written about the September 11th tragedy in America. Scott Weiland talks about wishing he hadn't yelled at his son that morning, as now he will never get another chance to do so since he is going to die when the plane hits the tower.

Also, he says "I hope someday you will be happy, without me" which is being sent to his family as he prays that they will be able to get over losing him.

The emotional lyrics, the guitaring from Slash and obviously knowing all about that horrific day really gets me emotional. I am not American but I was shocked to my core about what happened on 9/11 and this beautiful song rams the point home even more.

Easily the greatest song VR have ever produced

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back