2013 MLB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a couple big things that came up in the news.

The biggest one I'm sure most of you sports guys have already seen is, Derek Jeter has announced that the 2014 season will be his last. If you asked me, it may sound harsh, but I'd say it's long overdue. He's sort of been pushing it these last few years, and at the ripe age of 39 I think it's time to put down the bat. 2012 was not a bad season at all, but last year was just flat out awful. It was plague with injuries, and really made him come off as a Mr. Glass sort of guy. He comes back, and just like that he's gone again.

Who knows maybe he'll come out like Rivera did and just have one last great season, or maybe he'll have another one full of injuries and regrets. Who knows we'll see I guess.

And in other news AJ Burnett, pitcher for the Pirates, has signed a one year deal (with 2015 option) with the Phillies. It's likely going to be AJ's last year, and he'll be staying in the same state so that's slightly convenient. However it's a signing that I don't understand from the Phillies. They just lost Roy Halladay due to age, and now they replace him with another pitcher just as old. AJ is a sturdy guy to have as a 2nd or 3rd option in the rotation, but he's also hit or miss. He can go out and have a great campaign, or he could get lit up for six or seven runs just in the first two innings. The fact that he's another year older doesn't help. As far as the Pirates go they didn't need to keep him. I'm jealous when it comes to their pitching rotation because I wish the Mariners were that deep, not to mention when Jameson Taillon comes up they'll be in even better shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back