2011-12 NBA Playoffs LD

Mario Chalmers deserves a lot of credit for his performance tonight. He played very well, stepping up for the Heat when they needed him most. I'm also hoping LeBron's injury isn't too bad, as I would hate to see his stellar performance hampered in a potential clinching game.

Awesome game.

James Harden has been non existent in this series.

No, he's not non-existent, he's just been awful. Missing wide open shots, making turnovers... he is really hurting his team right now.

I'd have to say Mario Chalmers is my favorite player for the Heat, so I was real glad to see him finally get out of his funk and have a big game. They needed him more than ever tonight.

Congratulations to Lebron for finally getting his ring. No way OKC is winning 3 in a row. Would have meant more in Cleveland, but at least he will have one.

I'm happiest for Juwan Howard. Barring a huge OKC comeback, someone from the Fab Five will finally get a championship.

Tell this to the Spurs and then let me know how Lebron's leg is feeling.

This isn't over.
The Spurs were only up 2 - 0 not 3 - 1. The Spurs are also way older than Miami. Besides Lebron the Heat have Wade, Bosh, Chalmers, Battier and enough talent to pull out another one. Remember when people started counting Miami down after Bosh went out?

And anyway, it's not like the Thunder are playing lights out basketball. In game 3 they looked like a chicken with it's head cut off in the final minute.

Wow, 3 heartbreakers for the Thunder. They were in every game till the end. I thought this one would be different, but nope.

If the Thunder do lose next game, then maybe they weren't as close to the Heat as most originally thought, as their only win would be in G1 after long rest and the exhausting Heat/Celtics series.

Also, I'm surprised that Westbrook committed that foul in that I can't believe everyone wasn't on the same page of the shot clock going to 5 seconds and not resetting. Brooks or another coach should've informed the team of the situation and what to do if they didn't get the rebound (aka, not to foul). Knock on Westbrook, sure, but the coaches too.

The Spurs were only up 2 - 0 not 3 - 1.

Great point, the Thunder beat the Spurs four times in a row. The Thunder only need to beat the Heat three times in a row.

The Spurs are also way older than Miami. Besides Lebron the Heat have Wade, Bosh, Chalmers, Battier and enough talent to pull out another one. Remember when people started counting Miami down after Bosh went out?

So now you're automatically counting the Thunder out?

And anyway, it's not like the Thunder are playing lights out basketball. In game 3 they looked like a chicken with it's head cut off in the final minute.

Basketball is a game of streaks. Team get hot in a game and they get hot in a series. The Spurs were red hot for awhile, then the Thunder got hot, now the Heat are hot. It can all change very fast.

And don't forget Mickey Mouse in all of this. A six or seven game series makes a lot more money for Mickey/Disney/ABC/ESPN/NBA than a five game series. Watch the calls carefully in Game 5 as hard as you are watching Lebron for cramping issues. If Disney's magic get their way in Game 5 so could the momentum going back to OKC.

I'm not saying you are wrong, I'm just saying you could end up looking like Skip Bayless by making absolute statements.

Great point, the Thunder beat the Spurs four times in a row. The Thunder only need to beat the Heat three times in a row.
The difference was that none of them against the Spurs were close out games, they had room to work.

So now you're automatically counting the Thunder out?
Not completely. I have just noticed how poorly in the clutch the Thunder have been playing. They look young and immature and unable to finish a game out. In game 3 they looked like a chicken with it's head cut off. Hard to have any faith here. I pointed out the previous series so nobody thinks losing one player will kill the Heat.

Basketball is a game of streaks. Team get hot in a game and they get hot in a series. The Spurs were red hot for awhile, then the Thunder got hot, now the Heat are hot. It can all change very fast.
True, but the Heat have been consistant all the way thru the playoffs. When you are 1 game away from elimination all it takes is one minor swing.

And don't forget Mickey Mouse in all of this. A six or seven game series makes a lot more money for Mickey/Disney/ABC/ESPN/NBA than a five game series. Watch the calls carefully in Game 5 as hard as you are watching Lebron for cramping issues. If Disney's magic get their way in Game 5 so could the momentum going back to OKC.
Are you saying this series is fixed? The NBA does have bad refs, but I wouldn't call it fixed. Try to remember, the media has been waiting years to crown Lebron. This is the best chance to do it, in front of a home crowd.

I'm not saying you are wrong, I'm just saying you could end up looking like Skip Bayless by making absolute statements.
If I am wrong, I am. But sometimes these things are not a stretch. This is more a vote of no faith in the Thunder than anything. I want the Thunder to win, I just can't find anything to hold onto in order to feel that way.

If the Heat don't win Game 5, they may not win another game. I said tonight that Game 4 was far more important to the Heat than the Thunder. All the Thunder have to do is win one in Miami, and they are back in front of hometown fans for Games 6 and 7.

If the Heat don't win Game 5, they may not win another game. I said tonight that Game 4 was far more important to the Heat than the Thunder. All the Thunder have to do is win one in Miami, and they are back in front of hometown fans for Games 6 and 7.
You might be right, if they didn't win game 2 in OKC. What would make Games 6 and 7 different for the Thunder in terms how they will play from Games 2 thru 4?

You might be right, if they didn't win game 2 in OKC. What would make Games 6 and 7 different for the Thunder in terms how they will play from Games 2 thru 4?

It's not what makes the Thunder play differently, it's what makes the Heat play differently. But to answer your question? Confidence. By the time Game 6 comes around, the Thunder will have more experience, and they will be playing in a place they had a tremendous record. Sure they had that in Game 2, but after winning Game 1 the way they did, it could cause complacency. With the additional experience, and the understanding of what it means to be in the Finals, both the Thunder and Heat can be affected significantly.

It's gonna be tough for the Thunder now, but let's not forget they won 4 straight against the Spurs when they needed to. Not saying a comeback will be easy now, but definitely possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back