2011-12 NBA Playoffs LD

Great game. The big stars from both sides came out to play. Unlike Game 1, can't really pin the blame on this loss on anyone. Thunder probably dug themselves to big a hole with the sloppy start.

Somehow I have a feeling the heart the Thunder showed after getting their butts kicked for a large part of the game is going to get ignored.

Nobody should defend the officials on that one

Lebron purposely fouls durant because the heat had a foul to give... and the ref decides to "let em play". Ugh.

The heat deserved to win regardless, but nothing makes me sick than inconsistencies from the refs

Wow, what a game. I was hoping for another Thunder comeback but it didn't happen. Can't wait for game 3!

You just know the media will be all over the 'foul' call at the end, ignoring the fact that both sides benefited from dodgy calls throughout. Heck Durant should have been fouled out for his 6th with the Battier charge.

You just know the media will be all over the 'foul' call at the end, ignoring the fact that both sides benefited from dodgy calls throughout. Heck Durant should have been fouled out for his 6th with the Battier charge.
That could have gone either way actually.

I'm a fan of letting guys play at the end but that was clearly a foul on James.
If that was a foul, then almost every time James drives to the basket, he gets fouled.

Nobody should defend the officials on that one

Lebron purposely fouls durant because the heat had a foul to give... and the ref decides to "let em play". Ugh.

The heat deserved to win regardless, but nothing makes me sick than inconsistencies from the refs

Except it wasn't a foul. :shrug:

No, that was clearly a block. Battier was clearly still moving under Durant after Durant had gathered himself to go up. I thought it was a charge at first too, but after watching the replay, it was a block.

Thunder fans are just going to have to accept Durant is not a clutch player.

Durant tried to draw the foul instead of making the shot. It was his own fault. I'm glad the refs didn't call that shit.

Also, the Heat are VERY fortunate to be walking out of the building with a W tonight. They played that entire forth quarter not to win, but to not lose. They were way too protective of their lead rather than just playing the game.

If that was a foul, then almost every time James drives to the basket, he gets fouled.

LeBron was making constant contact on Durant throughout the sequence. I don't mind letting a little contact go but that was excessive. It's a moot point anyways. Even if a foul had been called it likely would have been before the shot and Westbrook should have had the offensive board anyways but he couldn't bring it down.

Thunder can't blame the refs when they fall behind by double digits in the first half every game. Huge win by the Heat, though. Wade and Bosh both played much better and Lebron was Lebron. They were a little bit too safe in the 4th but now they got 3 straight at home and I wouldn't be surprised seeing them take 2 of 3.

Meh..after watching the replay I still think it was a charge. 'Clutch' is only used by Kobe fans to rile up fans of other superstars when comparing who is heir to MJ's throne as the next best player. :lol: I doubt OKC/Durant fans care too much about that unlike fans of Lebron.

Except it wasn't a foul. :shrug:

I'm not sure if you understood what I meant. I never said Durant deserved two shots, or if that was a blocking foul

What I am essentially saying is that the heat had a foul to give. I'm sure you already know the mindset of a defender when the team has that option. You foul before they get the shot off, force them to reset the ball in. LeBron NEVER plays defense like he did on that last possession, he is an incredible defender. The way he played Durant there obviously tells you he had the intention to exercise the heat's last foul and the refs let it go.

That so called charge by Durant was a judgement call, it could have gone either way. Funny, I pointed that out to a heat fan and he pretty much accused me of hating on the Heat and giving them no credit. :lmao:

People need to man up, it was a judgement call that in the end had no effect on the outcome of the game. Just let it go.

Just like Russel Westbrook, Derrick Rose, etc..

So you agree it's not a foul? That's kind of my point.
I'm not sure if you understood what I meant. I never said Durant deserved two shots, or if that was a blocking foul
You said it was a foul. I'm saying it's not. What's to misunderstand?

What I am essentially saying is that the heat had a foul to give. I'm sure you already know the mindset of a defender when the team has that option.
But they don't always take the foul.

LeBron NEVER plays defense like he did on that last possession, he is an incredible defender.
If you watch, he was confused on rotation. He has to scramble to get back in front of Durant, because he was not ready for Durant to catch the ball then and there.

The way he played Durant there obviously tells you he had the intention to exercise the heat's last foul and the refs let it go.
No, it clearly shows LeBron was not expecting the play to develop the way it did. Watch it again, you can clearly see James is out of position, not to foul, but because of some miscommunication.

That so called charge by Durant was a judgement call, it could have gone either way. Funny, I pointed that out to a heat fan and he pretty much accused me of hating on the Heat and giving them no credit. :lmao:

People need to man up, it was a judgement call that in the end had no effect on the outcome of the game. Just let it go.

I don't even think it was a judgment call, I think it was pretty clearly a block.

I don't even think it was a judgment call, I think it was pretty clearly a block.
Doesn't matter, it in the end had no effect on the outcome. But some Heat fans cry whenever something doesn't go their way. Expect them to cry about it until Game 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back