2007 NBA Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.J.

SmackDown! is MY Show
The playoffs are here once again and its time for the best 2-3 months of basketball fever. So who who ya taking home the gold???

Western Conference
(1) Dallas Mavericks vs (8) Golden State Warriors
Should be a good series as the Warriors have proven they can play with dalllas but i just see dallas winning in 5

(2) Phoenix Suns vs (7) L.A. Lakers
Thsi wont be like it was last year but i see Suns in 5

(3) San Antonio Spurs vs (6) Denver Nuggets
Wonder how the refs will treat the spurs after what happened with whole duncan and joey thing but i see spurs in 6

(4) Utah Jazz vs (5) Houston Rockets
Should be a good series with back a fourth action with Rockets winning in 7

now after that i see Dallas beating Houston in 7 and the Spurs beating the suns in 6 . Then in the WCF i see Dallas beating the spurs in 7 to advance to the finals for the second straight year

Eastern Conference
(1)Detriot Pistons vs (8) Orlando Magic
Good experience for the Magic to get in the play off but too much Detriot as the will be swept in 4

(2)Cleveland Cavaliers vs (7) Washington Wizards
The wiz dont stand a chance with out Areanas as the Cavs wil sweep the Wiz in 4

(3)Toronto Raptors vs (6)New Jersey Nets
This should be a good matchup with vince Carter taking on his old team but i see Raptors winning in 7

(4)Miami Heat vs (5)Chicago Bulls
Should be a grudge battle but i see Miami beating chciago in 7 in a classic series

Then i see Detriot and Miami battle it out 7 tough games but if Wade is helathy enough i say miami if not Detriot wil win but for the hell out i see Miami winning in 7. Then i see Toronto knocking off Cleveland in 7 and then losing to Miami in 6 in the conference finals

Then a rematch of last years finals i see Dallas winning in 6

Damn ! I love the Golden State Warriors... Ever since I was a kid. Used to love seeing Chris Mullin, Tim Hardaway, Latrell Sprewell, Rony Seikaly, Joe Smith, Chris Webber... Etc. Etc.

I've been waiting for this moment for more than ten years, and now it's happened ! The Warriors are finally in the playoffs ! Yeah ! This is gonna be great, they always have good matches against Dallas. Hope to see an upset, Warriors all the way ! :p

Thats sucks you had to wait so long for your Warriors but i have to say this years looks like some good matchup espially in the west so i'll be tuned in and enjoying every second of the playoffs

I'm smelling Detroit vs. San Antonio in the Finals, with San Antonio winning it all--call me crazy but for some reason I just don't think Dallas will pull it out this year. Last year Detroit was in the same position-they won a bunch of regular season games and it felt like you could just hand them the title come playoff time. Then they fell off and Dwyane Wade decided to Michael Jordan the game and lead the Heat to the title. Your team has to peak at the right time...I just think that Dallas peaked a little too early and somebody is gonna bite them in the ass in the Playoffs. Hell I think Golden State will give them a series.

The only issue here is the Bulls are up 2-0 and the Warriors have beaten the Mavs 6 times in a row. I don't think they will loose, but if they win they will face the rockets and go 6 with them. The lakers will get swept and the Nuggets will upset the spurs and face the suns where the suns win because they have more depth, the mavs can't beat the suns and have gotten killed, I see the suns in 7. The Bulls are just too young and talented they will go on to face the Pistons where they will loose in 7 due to lack of experince. The Cavs and Nets will go at it where the nets will go on because the Cavs don't have enough depth to win here. A Pistons/Suns finals looks good right now with Nash winning his first.

The Bulls face the Pistons in the next round after the victory today. Expect low scoring games since both teams are built on solid defence but i expect this series to go the full seven. I would love to see the Bulls win but Detroit is so expierienced and veteran-savvy that i can see them pulling it out. Their are so many key players in this series but the two i say to watch are Luol Deng of Chicago and Chauncey Billups of the Pistons. Deng has been a force in the Miami series and he matches up with Tayshaun Prince who is a good defender so if Deng's production is slowed down, the Bulls will fail. Billups is the motor of this team, Chris Webber has slowed him down a bit b/c of his need to have the ball but this is Billups' team. He is a free agent this summer and if he can play similar to when he was Finals MVP they will be set. In some weird way, the Bulls are a younger, fresher version of the Pistons but we will have to wait and see if they can generate the same success.

These playoffs have said a lot lately. Looking at the East we already have two sweeps and Cleveland looks o be on its way to a sweep and the Nets look to win in five games. The Eastern conference big dogs are coming up in the playoffs.

In the west Suns looks to win 5. The Jazz and Rockets series will go all seven theres no doubt about that one. Their so evenly matched that i just have this feeling it will be on of those home team win alls the games so Rockets should pull it out in 7. The Spurs and Nuggets is a series that i see the Spurs winning in 6 but it will be a tough 6 games. What that crazy Mavs and Warriors series i knew the Warriors could play with Dallas but i had no idea that could actually win the series. I do feel that it be like Mavs will win game 5 in Dallas but the Warriors will play strong in front of their home crowd in game 6 and end the series in 6.

Yeah I'm guessing Dallas wins the next game and then Warriors finish off at home 4-2. Awesomeeee !!! I was on my feet during the whole Game 4, it was such an exciting match until the last second ! Nowitsky hits two 3-pointers in the last 20 seconds and still doesn't come up with the win :D.

That was a awesome game. A game like that i what makes playoff basketball great and i have to say Warriors call me crazy have a good shot at actually making the conference finals if Utah wins their series, but if its Houston i think their fairy tail ride ends

I think it'll be the Cavs vs. Spurs in the Finals. I think the Cavs won't have to much trouble until the East Finals against I think the Bulls but they'll win in 7. I think the Spurs for the West cause their just solid and I don't see them messing up like Dallas. I think the Cavs will win the Finals in 6.

You must be thinking that LBJ is MJ cause that is the only way the Cavs will make it to the final. Its obvious that whenever you watch the Cavs that the only way they win is if LBJ has a triple-double or his supporting cast generates more total pts than he does. Detroit or Chicago can easily keep him under wraps if they choose leaving Larry Hughes, Illgauskus, Gooden, Snow, and Pavlovic to decide the game. He has the cast but they cannot play that consistent level that he does night in and out and that will prove to be their downfall. LBJ will win a title eventually, but it will not be with Cleveland.

The Cavs don't need LeBron to score a triple-double to win. The Cavs do better when he scores less because the rest of the team steps up. Ilgauskas has been very consistent these playoffs getting alot of points and rebounds. Hughes is going to be around in the playoffs this year and I think if he was there throughout all of the playoffs last year if his brother hadn't died they would have beat Detroit. The bench for Cleveland is very good and will do good in the playoffs. And LeBron will win a title with Cleveland.

How about that Game 6 last night between the Mavs and Warriors. The warriors blew out the Mavs and made the Mavs look like the 8th seed rather than the one seed they were. See this is why you have to love playoff basketball as theres no telling what can happen. Also this is the 3rd time ever an 8th seed has upset a 1 seed and the first in a best of 7 series. I'm telling you now if Golden State could make the Western Finals as they do match up with both Houston and Utah.

That was awesome, I was psyched !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Warriors in the next round yeahhhh !!! I just hope they get Utah rather than Houston.

Well in the season series they were 2-2 with Utah and 2-1 with Houston. I think personally looking at the match up more closely i think they match up better with Houston as they can take Yao out and McGrady can not carry the team alone as he hasn't show he couldn't ever in his career. With Utah they have a smaller line up and i feel Okur, Boozer and AK-47 could be some match up problems for the warriors.

That Raptors and Nets game last night was actually really good game. Just the way that the Nets fought off the Raptors as Chris Bosh was on roll in the 4th qtr. Though the Nets win it due to a sloppy pass that was intended for Bosh. I'm glad to see the Nets go on as i think they can give King James and company a run for their money.

tonight is a huge night for my rockets, but i do see them pulling it out and beating GS then beating the suns in 7. i am picking the bulls out of the east. they just made the defending champs look like crap.

on to dallas, being from houston that just made my week. i hate cuban, dirk is a big whiner. avery wasn't thinking much at the end of the season. he shouldnt have rested his stars against the warriors at the end of the season. up to then the mavs were 1-4 against the warriors over the last two years and hadnt beat them in dallas neither. so instead of playing hard, and playing the stars and hopefully beating the warriors and eliminating them, and then sweeping the clippers, avery and the mavs just got owned. bright side is no more mark cuban

go rockets!!!!!

Well I frist off want to say you have to feel bad for T-mac I mean he gave it his all and it wasn't enough. The thing I don't get is that why didn't the Rockets fould Deron Williams with 07.5 seconds left in the game as I just didn't get it. though congrats to the Jazz who IMO were the better team throughout ther series.

The Bulls and Psitons game was well how can I put it horriable. I really thought Chicago would play better than that. though i still think they will bounce back on game 2 on Monday. The thing is Hinrich and Gordon need to do a better job on Billups and Hamilton as if not there done quick.

Damn I forgot to list the Simi-Finals match ups along with my predctions oh well here they are

Western Conference Simi-Finals
(2)Phoenix Suns vs (3) San Antonio Spurs
This should be a great simi-final match up sad thing is that it is happening in the 2nd round when it could easily be the western final. I think this will interesting as the Spurs tend to play the Suns well as they can slow them down. It will be a great series and i see the Spurs winning in 6.
My Winner: Spurs in 6

(4) Utah Jazz vs (8) Golden State Warriors
Now this is a series that I doubt many had in there 2nd roudn match up haha. This should be intriging match up just as much as the Warriors have been playing well I just see that the Warriors have some match up problems againt the Jazz as Boozer is a beast and i doubt that Warriors can take him out like they Drik in round one. Should interesting series though i see Jazz in 6
My Winner: Jazz in 6

Eastern Conference Simi-Finals
(1)Detriot Pistons vs (5)Chicago Bulls
Should be a knock'em out series that is fueled by great defense even though game one didn't show that. After watching i just feel that the Bulls guards can not mathc up with the Pistons guards. Deng can't carry the Bulls but i see this being a short series due to that match up problem
My Winner: Pistons in 5

(2)Cleveland Cavaliers vs (6)New Jersey Nets
Shouldbe a good series as both teams are matched up well. The main key is if King James and company can beat the Nets threesome of Jefferson, Carter and Kidd. For me this series comes down to who's supporting cast can score more. Should go all 7 games.
My Winner: Nets in 7

I would have to say :

Cavs beat Nets in 5 games
Bulls beat Pistons in 7 games
Jazz beat Warriors in 6 games
Spurs beat Suns in 6 games

It would piss me off though if the Jazz did beat the Warriors ^^. You never know.

Like I said before i'm really happy for the Warriors to do what they did, but I just feel that Utah interior is just too much for Golden State. Al Harrington can matchup with boozer but his does get in foul touble and Foyle is a complete joke as a center. Then thers Okur, and AK-47 so I think Golden State can pull a couple of games with just their shooting, but no way they can win the series like the did againts Dallas. The matchup problems are too much for them i feel.

I have to agree, although Golden State doesn't appear to be an easy out right now. Still, whoever wins the Spurs/Suns series will defeat Detroit in the Finals. Thst's just the way I see it, nothing against the other teams remaining, but these are the elite teams now, since Dallas choked and now they're sitting at home, and because Miami got swept.

Off-topic, maybe, but I think Dirk Nowitski proved last week why he should not be MVP. He's a worthy candidate, since MVP is a regular-season based award, but damn, I think Mr. Nash, Kobe or T-Mac are just as deserving. Even though T-Mac and Kobe are 'gone fishin' right now, they are better pressure performers than Dirk, at least this year they were.

Well with some of the second round series about done with both games 1 and 2 i have to say that their just what i was sorta expecting. The Detroit and Chicago matchup looks like the biggest mis-match ever as the Bulls just can not match up to the Pistons all around game Then the Nets looks lost against the Cavs as they have a high shooting percentage but still have managed to lose games 1 and two as the Cavs are the better rebounding which leads to second chance shots. The way things are going right now you can have both Detroit and Cleveland meet the in Conference finals both at 8-0 in the playoffs.

In the west the Suns showed me that if Steve Nash can control the game with his passing then the Suns can take over the game and the series and win. I still think though they need to do a better job on Duncan as their are letting the man average 28 pts and 15 rebs a game ad that will not cut it. Though i still see it going all 7. The Golden State and Utah matchup is also looking as a mismatch as the Utah bigs are just too much for Golden State and Utah showed Monday they can run and gun with Warriors as win by doing it too. Tonights game should be good but if the Warriors lose i can a sweep.

How about that overtime game yesterday between the Jazz and Warriors that was such a great game. Though i hope Dee Brown will be ok and be able to return tpo the team as quickly as possibly due to his injury he received. Aldo i wish the best of Derek fisher as i can not imgane what he is going on at home with his daughther.

The game was great as Baron Davis showed why he has been a MVP in these playoff so far, just the Warriors seem to out matched when it comes rebounding and that is going to hurt them all series. Though still Golden State had the chance to win the game but came up short in the end. Though i still give the warriors the chance as they have lead let in the games they lost in Utah as maybe a change in venue will help as games 3 and 4 are in Golden State. Still great game and Jazz lead series 2-0

How about those weekend games huh? Those were some close ones and of course that game 3 blowout by GS over Utah, But I do feel that will be the Warriors only win in this series as what i saw in game 4 Golden State is just to small to match up with Utah's big men and they get way too three happy this series should end Tuesday in Utah in game 5.

Now the Bulls and Pistons wow lets just say that the Piston seemed a little over confident in game when they were looking to sweep the Bulls and the Bulls made then pay as making Detroit play another game. The Bulls should be kicking themselves as they had game 3 won till the let Detroit come back. But the Bulls will lose Tuesday in Game 5 and series over.

The Cavs and Nets was a good game and the Nets better be thanking J.Kidd as he was the one that made that team go Saturday and motivated them to win. Though i don't expect Kidd to be able to do that again and i expect a better showing from LeBron and cavs should win tonight in game 4.

The Spurs and Suns was great game and you have to think that if Nash was doing his thing as normal the Suns would have won. Though give credit to the Spurs defense for controlling Nash. Should be a great game 4 tonight and i expect the physical play to contunie and be one hell of a show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back