2014 NBA Playoffs

That must explain him going to Houston with Olajuwon and Drexler. :lmao:

I like Barkley, but for him to pretend he didn't do the exact same thing is silly. He all but forced that trade with Houston, just so he could play for a title contender with superstars.

I'll give you that, but you can't deny the one big difference between the 2. Barkley was becoming desperate in his old age to win a championship. Where was James in his career?

I've never understood why wanting to play for a competent franchise means you don't have competitive spirit.

You mentioned "warriors" earlier in your post. While there's a clear difference in fighting for a sports franchise and fighting for one's country, "warriors" in sports are often looked at in the same light. Maybe you don't agree, but I've noticed that comparison throughout my life. How would you feel about a "warrior" defecting to another country simply because they wanted to win? If you don't agree, fine. Maybe my example is a little exaggerated. But it's always come off that way to me, though with much less on the line obviously.

I'll give you that, but you can't deny the one big difference between the 2. Barkley was becoming desperate in his old age to win a championship. Where was James in his career?
At the end of his obligation to play for the Cavaliers after re-upping once.

You mentioned "warriors" earlier in your post. While there's a clear difference in fighting for a sports franchise and fighting for one's country, "warriors" in sports are often looked at in the same light.
Which is utterly absurd and totally misses the point of sports.

How would you feel about a "warrior" defecting to another country simply because they wanted to win? If you don't agree, fine. Maybe my example is a little exaggerated. But it's always come off that way to me, though with much less on the line obviously.
"Warriors" defect to other countries all the time and have throughout history. People change jobs, politicians change parties, married couples change spouses.

People "defect" all the time in search of a better opportunity to achieve their dreams/goals. I think society tends to be mostly okay with that.

SAS has better bench so they won it.I mean Mills,Belineli and 2 great supporters:Ginobili and Diaw.If we add to them starters( Duncan,Parker,Leonard,Green and Spliter ) we get more option for tactic.Unfortunately heat"s tactic rely on individual skills of Lebron and Wade+good Bosh shooting.This is too weak for spurs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back