2013 NBA Playoffs Prediction Thread

tripolie atche

Pre-Show Stalwart
West

#1 Oklahoma City vs #8 Houston - I’m pretty sure not even James Harden wanted to play OKC in the first round lol. They would’ve had a much better shot at defeating the Spurs than they do the Thunder. Anyways, this should be a high-scoring, very fun series to watch but it won’t be very long. While the Rockets do have better depth, which is why they were one of the highest scoring teams in the league this year, their defense was another story. HOUs defense, especially their transition defense, is pretty bad & when you’re going up against Durant & Westbrook, well um…that’s not good lol. Also, other than HOUs bench vs OKCs bench, the matchups will favor OKC for the most part, especially Westbrook vs Lin. Thunder in 6.

#2 San Antonio vs #7 LA Lakers - Wow, we really have some good #2 vs #7 matchups this year. As much as I hate these two teams, I’ve kind of missed the rivalry the two most successful teams in the last decade had. Also, it’ll be D’Antoni & Nash going up against their arch nemesis in the Spurs. This could be another upset in the making with Pau & Dwight finally developing some sort of chemistry, while the Spurs are going into the playoffs on a bit of a slump. The Lakers also matchup better against the Spurs compared to going up against a young team like OKC or DEN & both teams have dealt with or are currently dealing with injuries. Even though LAL could win this series, I think the Spurs will advance into the next round mainly because of Tony Parker. Even if Nash were healthy, there’s no way he or Steve Blake will be able to contain him. Also, I’m picking the Spurs due to their depth while they should be able to get open looks from three going up against a Laker team that doesn’t have a good perimeter defense. While Pau & Dwight should make this an interesting, perhaps a seven-game series, the absence of Kobe will be felt because he too could have been someone who could have guarded Parker & without him, who currently is their go-to guy in close game situations? Spurs in 6.

#3 Denver vs #6 Golden State - This should a great series between two teams that are similar to each other for the most part. It’s going to be interesting to see what Curry & the Warriors do in the playoffs, & especially how he matches up against Ty Lawson. While Gallinari is done for the season & Faried’s status for Game 1 is unknown at this point, I still think the Nuggets will advance into the second round due to their depth. In spite of Gallo’s injury, DEN is still perhaps the deepest team in the NBA especially at SG/SF with Iggy, Chandler, Brewer, & even Fournier being able to step in to overcome that huge loss. The only question mark I have with DEN in this series is Faried’s status but I don’t think he’ll miss any games & their frontcourt shouldn’t have many problems against David Lee. Plus, Bogut is never 100% & David Lee isn’t a good defender, so I guess that’ll even things out a bit lol. Nuggets in 6.

#4 LA Clippers vs #5 Memphis - Like last year, this series could be another toss up of who wins & advances. Both teams play great defense, & while Gasol & Randolph will give Jordan & Blake all they can handle, Chris Paul & the Clippers bench will be the deciding factors in this series & why they move on to Round 2. It won’t be easy going up against Conley, Tayshaun, & Tony Allen but CP3 will find some way to get the offense going against them just enough to get by in this series, while Crawford & maybe even Matt Barnes are capable of taking over games with their scoring. I know home-court didn’t matter last year when these two faced off, but it will this time around. Clippers in 7.

East

#1 Miami vs #8 Milwaukee - Okay, I'm gonna try to be quick with this one. The Heat have lost only twice since Super Bowl Sunday & have continued to play well even when two or all of their "Big 3" sat out games after having clinched home-court throughout. The Bucks, on the other hand, are going into the playoffs having lost 7 of their last 9 & are currently dealing with injuries to two of their starters in Jennings & Sanders. So, um...yeah lol. Heat in 4.

#2 New York vs #7 Boston - There could be an upset here as well & the winner of this series will, for the most part, come down to Melo & the Knicks & if they can continue to stay hot from three-point range. I think that they will because I don't believe BOSs defense can contain Melo & JR Smith throughout a seven-game series. It won't be easy for the Knicks due to the uncertainty of their frontcourt in Chandler & Kenyon (I personally think they'll be just fine), & because Pierce has done a great job being the facilitator after Rondo went down while Jeff Green has been playing some of the best basketball of his career & could prove to be an X-factor in this series. However, NY will still do just enough to get by the Celtics. Knicks in 6.

#3 Indiana vs #6 Atlanta - I don’t expect this to be a very long series at all. IND finished the regular season as the top rebounding team & finished in the top 3 in Points Allowed, & they’ll be going up against a Hawks team that has been average at best. Yes, the Pacers don’t score a ton of points but they won’t need to in this series as their defense & rebounding should be enough to get past the Atlanta. Paul George & David West will be able to contain Josh Smith, while Hibbert will do the same to Horford. I think ATL’s three-point shooting will get them one win at home, but that’ll be it. Pacers in 5.

#4 Brooklyn vs #5 Chicago - These two played each other very close in almost all of their regular season matchups, & I don’t expect that to change in this series. There could be a possibility that D Rose comes back in this series, but unfortunately it’s looking more and more likely that Rose won’t be playing until the 2013-14 season. However, even if he doesn’t play, I still think the Bulls will win in what should be a seven-game series. I think the Bulls are better defensively, are a better rebounding team, & have more depth than the Nets. While Deron has been playing better basketball since the All-Star break & Joakim’s plantar fasciitis will help Brook Lopez, I think Thibs will figure out some way to get the Bulls into the second round. Bulls in 7.

So my second round matchups are Oklahoma City vs LA Clippers, San Antonio vs Denver, Miami vs Chicago, & New York vs Indiana.

#1 Oklahoma City vs #8 Houston -Thunder in 4.

#2 San Antonio vs #7 LA Lakers - Lakers in 7

#3 Denver vs #6 Golden State - Nuggets in 6

#4 LA Clippers vs #5 Memphis - Memphis in 6

East

#1 Miami vs #8 Milwaukee - Heat in 4

#2 New York vs #7 Boston - Knicks in 6.

#3 Indiana vs #6 Atlanta - Atlanta in 7

#4 Brooklyn vs #5 Chicago - Bulls in 7.

East

Miami vs Milwaukee- Miami in 4. I will be very surprised if the Bucks win a game. Milwaukee has some talent but they are an under .500 going against the best team in the NBA.

New York vs Boston- Knicks in 6. The veteran Celtics will put up a fight but they are too banged up. The Knicks are playing as well as any team in the league right now and they will put up too many points for the Celtics to handle.

Indiana vs Atlanta- Pacers in 7. Indiana has struggled as of late but they should still get by Atlanta. The Hawks will put up a fight like they always do but ultimately fall short like they always do.

Brooklyn vs Chicago- Nets in 7. With Derrick Rose Chicago could make a run to the East Finals. Without Rose they lack the star power to get past a talented team like Brooklyn. The difference in this series is the fact that Brooklyn has a go to scorer at the end of games, Chicago currently does not.

West

Oklahoma City vs Houston- OKC in 5. I'll give Houston one game at home but Harden's former team is just too good to lose any more then that. Durant has been overshadowed by LeBron this year but any other year he would walk away with the MVP trophy. He has been phenomenal this year.

San Antonio vs LA Lakers- Spurs in 6. The Lakers will put up a fight against the banged up Spurs but they don't have the depth to win a 7 game series. Tim Duncan has had his best season in a few years and he will led the Spurs to victory.

Denver vs Golden State- Denver in 6. This is going to be a very exciting series. Expect both teams to put upwards of 100 points on the board every game in the series. Denver is too deep and GS is too young.

LA Clippers vs Memphis- Clippers in 7. Just like last year this series will go the distance. The difference is LA having home court advantage.

That sets up Miami/Brooklyn, NY/Indiana, OKC/LAC, San Antonio/Denver

East

Miami vs Milwaukee- Miami in 4. Best team this season against a sub .50 team with 2 banged up key players. I'll be surprised too if the bucks get one.

New York vs Boston- Knicks in 6. Knicks and Melo have too much firepower and Boston has many injuries to deal with. Boston has almost no offensive rebounding ability so every shot they make have to count. I can see a few great games by Garnett and Pierce to win 2 games for the Celtics but not enough for 4.

Indiana vs Atlanta- Pacers in 5. Hawks don't seem motivated while the Pacers still has that young team with things to prove mentality. I believe the Pacers will step it up in the playoffs and blow the Hawks away in the first round.

Brooklyn vs Chicago- Bulls in 7. Nets have better depth and overwhelming advantage in the backcourt. Everything points towards a Nets victory but I have a feeling the Bulls will push the series to a game 7 and somehow steal one in the last game with their tenacity.

West

Oklahoma City vs Houston- OKC in 5. OKC is too strong against a rookie team in their first playoff run. Rockets can score at will but Westbrook is simply too fast and strong against any of the guards the Rockets can throw at him other than Harden. If Harden have to defend Westbrook, he will be too spent to play hero ball over a 7 game series.

San Antonio vs LA Lakers- Spurs in 6. Parker is banged up. Manu and the whole Spurs team is limping towards the playoffs while the Lakers are rolling into it. T-Mac is an x-factor in whether he can cover for Manu till he comes back before the series is over. Regular series has been very close between the two. Based on form one would give Lakers the advantage but I just don't see how Pop will be outcoached by D'antoni.

Denver vs Golden State- Denver in 4. I am going against the better judgement and say this will be a sweep. Denver is incredible at home and should win the first 2 games. Golden State is a confidence team and I believe their head will be down after losing 2 in a row and give up mentally for games 3 and 4. Golden State lacks the experience on the bench and on the floor.

LA Clippers vs Memphis- Memphis in 7. Just like last year this series will go the distance. The difference is Memphis are playing without the pressure the Clippers are facing. Memphis always play better when they are the underdog. I don't really think homecourt will matter again.

That sets up Miami/Chicago, NewYork/Indiana, OKC/Memphis, San Antonio/Denver

Heat in 4.
Nets in 7.
Knicks in 7.
Pacers in 5.

Knicks/Celtics most intriguing matchup for me in the East. Knicks are the favorites, but we know about the Celtics toughness in the playoffs and they'll give the Knicks hell in the series.

Thunder in 5.
Spurs in 6.
Nuggets in 6.
Grizzlies in 7.

Toughest series is that 4/5. They went the distance last year and I think the Grizzlies D will get them revenge from last year.

1st round is over.

Result:
East
Heat in 4
Knicks in 6
Pacers in 6
Bulls in 7
West
Thunder in 6
Spurs in 4
Warriors in 6
Grizzlies in 6

I got the Nuggets Warriors match up all wrong thinking the Warriors will get swept. Egg on face. Totally misread the Spurs/Lakers match up too, since the Lakers were the more banged up team. I expected the Lakers to at least win their first two home games.

Got 7/8 teams correct. Got 3 out of 8 correct score in the first round.
Prediction for round 2
Miami vs Chicago Heat in 5
New York vs Indiana Pacers in 6

OKC vs MemphisGrizzlies in 6
San Antonio vs Golden StateSpurs in 5

I got 6 out of 8 right as I got the Nuggets & Clippers picks wrong.

West

#1 Oklahoma City vs #5 Memphis - Durant gives OKC a chance in this series, but with guys like Tony Allen & Tayshaun Prince guarding him for the majority, I don’t think that’ll be enough as I expect the “others” from OKC to struggle in this series. While Perkins & Ibaka should do a better job defensively against Z-Bo & Gasol than the Clips starting frontcourt did, offensively however, Ibaka will struggle against those two (& Perkins on offense? Come on lol). Also, for OKC to advance, guys like Kevin Martin & Reggie Jackson would have to be consistent in this series but against that defense, that most likely isn’t going to happen. As for MEM, Conley will be the main reason why they win this series as he continues to state his case as why he should be considered one of the best point guards in the NBA rather than the most underappreciated. MEM in 6.

#2 San Antonio vs #6 Golden State - As much as I want to see Curry & the Warriors advance into the West Finals, I think the Spurs will dispatch of them pretty quickly. While Curry, Thompson, Barnes, & Jack were shooting lights out against DEN, I don’t expect that to continue against a Spurs team who has had a week off to rest & prepare. I mean I’m sure Pop will throw Parker, Danny Green, & Kawhi Leonard at them, while the Spurs have 3-pt shooters like Green, Manu, & Red Mamba who can also get hot & perhaps even beat the Warriors at their own game. As for the frontcourt for both teams, Tim Duncan vs Andrew Bogut should be fun to watch but with David Lee hurt (he may miss the first two games of the series), the Warriors will surely miss his presence in this series. SA in 5.

East

#1 Miami vs #5 Chicago - First, it was great seeing an undermanned Bulls team beat a Nets team that was healthy for the most part. Next up for CHI will be their friends from South Beach. Even though it looks more & more like D-Rose won’t play at all this season while the statuses of Deng & Hinrich are unknown for the second round, I still expect Thibs & the Bulls to continue to put up a fight & show that they simply just won’t quit. However, this time, they just won’t advance. MIA’s only injury concern is Wade’s knee, but one: he’s had well over a week to rest since he hasn’t played since Game 3 in MIL, & two: he’s Dwyane Wade, when isn’t he hurt lol. Also, MIA has some guy who happens to be the best player in the league & can dominate a game whenever he pleases, and with Deng’s injury it’s going to be even harder for the Bulls to prevent that from happening. Like I said earlier, this Bulls team won’t quit & I expect Boozer, Noah, & the Bulls frontcourt to dominate in the paint which should help them win a couple of games….but that’ll be it. MIA in 6.

#2 New York vs #3 Indiana - Well, another rivalry has been renewed & like in the past, I expect this to be a long, hard fought series that’ll be just plain…nasty lol. This will be a low-scoring series, & while the Pacers will win the rebounding battle & are one of the best at defending the perimeter, I think Melo will get past the pressure as he & NY’s offense will do enough to get into the East Finals. Yes the Knicks are a “live by the three, die by the three” team & it’ll be tough to knock down threes consistently against the Pacers, but what this comes down to is the fact that when both teams are well-defended, the Knicks can still score while the Pacers will struggle. Some of the matchups will be fun to watch (Melo vs George & Chandler vs Hibbert) & if NY can avoid the off-court bullshit, then they should be just fine. NY in 7.

So, my Western Conference Finals Matchup is San Antonio vs Memphis & my Eastern Conference Finals Matchup is Miami vs New York.

Not a great first round for me. I went 5-3 but all 3 series I was 50/50 on are the ones I got wrong.

East

Miami vs Chicago- Miami in 5. The Bulls showed great effort and mental toughness to take out the Nets but they are too shorthanded to hang with the Heat even at full strength (Derek Rose included) I don't think they could beat the Heat.

New York vs Indiana- Knicks in 7. The Pacers are a tough match up for the Knicks and as I type this they look like they are on their way to a game 1 victory. However, with Amare likely returning for game 3 I believe that will be the x factor to give the Knicks offense a much needed boost and help them win the series.

West

OKC vs Memphis- Thunder in 7. This will be a hard fought series but Kevin Durant and home court will be the difference. The emergence of Kevin Martin is the reason they finally closed out Houston and I think he carries that momentum over to this series and serves as a nice second scoring option. The Thunder also have great depth in the front court to compete with the Memphis bigs.

San Antonio vs Golden State- Spurs in 6. Steph Curry will shoot the Warriors to a couple of wins but GS is just too inexperienced. The David Lee injury also makes them very thin up front so the Spurs have the clear advantage there. The young Warriors are a team on the rise but they won't be able to hang with the veteran Spurs for too long.

That sets up Miami/NY and San Antonio/OKC

East

Miami VS Chicago- Heat in 6- Derek Rose, or no Derek Rose, it's going to be a fight with the Bulls. They can be all cutesy and respectful, and act like it doesn't mean anything, but deep down inside, you know the Heat are looking for revenge after Chicago broke the streak. LeBron intentionally whacking Carlos Boozer with his shoulder in that game for the flagrant foul is a prime example of this.

New York VS Indiana- Pacers in 7- The Pacers won't go away easily, and I'm still skeptical about New York after they nearly blew a 3-0 series lead against a Celtics team with aging stars, and no Rondo.

West

OKC VS Memphis- Grizzlies in 7- I have a hard time buying into OKC making it to The Finals or Western Conference Finals without Westbrook. The Grizzles are a scrappy team with a tough defense, and you can't forget about the duo of Randolph and Gasol.

Spurs VS Warriors- Warriors in 6- The Spurs have too much experience for the Warriors to overcome. The Warriors will give it their all, take a few games at home, and we might see a few highlight reel performances from Steph Curry. But San Antonio is going to the Western Conference Finals. Also, I hope we don't hear any whiny bitching from Mark Jackson about the officiating.

Pacers in 6. The game they had today was just a prime example of how to beat the Knicks. As long as you don't get Carmelo rolling and force others to shoot, you'll beat the Knicks imo. Pacers are a really good defensive team so I'm sure they have it figured out.

Heat in 6. This Bulls team has a lot of fight but this is just me hoping that they can win 2 games. I love watching the Bulls because of the effort and intensity they play with but the defending champions will be too much for them. I can see this being a very physical series.

Grizzlies in 7. Tonight was a lucky win by the Thunder. I don't think Randolph played his best tonight but even then, they almost came out with the win. With their solid starting 5 and guys like Bayless and Pondexter stepping up, I think Memphis finds a way to contain Durant and come away with the series.

Spurs in 6. I want to say that the Warriors will take this series because the Spurs have been vulnerable as of late, but no. Experience trumps youth here. Duncan's been playing at a high level, probably the best of his career and I don't see him slowing down. Parker will have his usual game but the x-factor will be Ginobili. If Manu gets it going, this could be an even shorter series. Will be a good learning experience for the Warriors though. Curry will shoot great for about two wins before the Spurs finally take it.

I think the way to beat the Knicks is exactly how the Pacers played. Force them to give up the 3s and make them beat you with long 2s or to face Hibbert/West in the paint. Knicks need to rebound better to win. Pacers isn't the Celtics with no offensive rebounding.

OKC stole one tonight led by a great double double performance by Durant. But this Memphis team is patient. They did come back from 0-2 down in the first round playing their style of basketball. OKC needs Martin to continue to score to win without Westbrook. Game 2 will be big.

It looks like its going to be Miami Heat VS Golden State Warriors. The Heat win game 1, when lebron puts on a stat stuffing performance as the big three gets rolling. d wade at least 24 points, chris bosh will have 16 and 7. But in Game two stephen curry goes off with 38 or more points, klay thompson with 20 and clutch buckets by draymond green and jarret jack.Back in Golden State for game 3, the heat will have a big lead, only to have a crazy miraculous GS comeback for the ages, GS wins in a thriller. Game 4 is a classic back and forth battle before a raucous golden state crowd which miami wins. Then in game 5, Miami silences the Yellow Wave with a dominant fourth quarter, lebron shots down steph curry, and the heat pull away from a physical game to win by 10. Game 6 is a gritty effort, with david lee pulling a clutch performance with injury at miami... buts its not enough. Miami wins by 6 in a low scoring game 94-88. Heat are back to back champs in a great six game series. Steph curry has emerged as a superstar, the leagues best 2 guard since the demise of Kobe. The King reigns again, the 4 time Mvp is the 2 time champ. Book it. Nuff said.

I went 2-2 in the last round, now on to the Conference Finals.

West

San Antonio vs Memphis- Grizzlies in 7. This will be a tough, physical series but I think the Grizzlies are the one team in the West (outside of a healthy Thunder team) that can beat the Spurs, and they are the only team in the West that can match them physically. I see this series being somewhat similar to the 2004 East finals between Detroit and Indiana. A lot of physical, low scoring games.

East

Miami vs Indiana- Heat in 6. The Pacers have the best chance of anyone in the East to knock off the Heat. They are a lot like Chicago in terms of their toughness and defensive style but unlike the Bulls they are healthy. D Wade's knee injury is also a concern for the Heat. At the end of the day, however, Miami still has the best basketball player in the world right now and will be too much for the Pacers to handle. I could very easily see this series going 7.

That sets up a Memphis/Heat NBA Finals.

I went 3-1 in the second round getting only NY, my favorite team, wrong lol.

West

#2 San Antonio vs #5 Memphis - While I worry that MEM lacks an elite perimeter scorer or two to keep up with guys like Manu, Danny Green, & Kawhi, I still think the Grizzlies will advance to play in their first NBA Finals. I’m going with the Grizz mainly because of Z-Bo & Gasol, whom Duncan will have a tough time going up against. The PG matchup, however, will most likely be the best matchup in this series in Conley vs Parker. While I don’t expect the calf injury to affect Parker as much in this series, it could be enough for Conley to outplay him & help MEM advance. SAs three-point shooting should help them win 2, maybe even 3 games in this series, but with Tayshaun & Allen defending, the Spurs will come up short again. MEM in 6.

East

#1 Miami vs #3 Indiana - Hibbert’s presence should give the Heat some trouble in this series, but at the end of the day, MIA will still go onto the NBA Finals. Yes, IND will most likely win the rebounding battle but MIA has better ball movement & they don’t settle for as many jumpers, unlike the Knicks. Also for IND, Paul George will probably struggle in this series since he’s going to matchup with LeBron, & you never know if George Hill’s concussion could be problematic for the Pacers. I mean Hill’s symptoms could reappear, or one nasty shot to the head or a hard fall & he may have to sit out again. While Wade’s knee is a concern, I don’t expect it to be that much of a problem especially after the 4th quarter he had against CHI in Game 5. MIA in 6.

So, my NBA Finals matchup is Miami vs Memphis.

4-0 in the previous round. The East is too predcitable, though I thought Bulls would have gotten the one win at home instead of in game 1. Got the scores in the West in reverse. To be fair the OKC/MEM match up could have gone to 7 games with how competitive all 5 games were.

Conference final Predictions:

EAST
Miami to win in 6 games. Pacers struggles offensively against the Knicks, I don't see how they can do better against the Heat. Too many turnovers and poor shooting. Also, Miami can match up big with Pacers with Birdman and Bosh. And the Heat can match Bosh with Hibbert to move him away from the paint to open up lanes for their cutters. Tempted to say Heat in 5 games but I respect David West's game enough to see the Pacers earn at least 2.

WEST
Spurs to win it in 6. This will be a very physical series. I don't think game 1 is a good barometer of how the series will be. Spurs won't be shooting so well and Z-Bo won't be playing so badly. I just feel Spurs have more bodies to throw into the fight than MEM to edge them out. Spurs are in full-on game 7 mode in this series after throwing away a 2-0 lead last year against OKC. They will not let complacency get to them again, especially after the scare Golden State gave them in the previous round. I think this series will be decided by the 3 point shooting of Memphis bench which will determine how well Spurs can defend against the Memphis bigs. Memphis hates the 3s but they need it to open up the game for their bigs.

Final will be Heat/Spurs for Lebron's attempt at redemption against the team that swept him in his first finals or the last title run for the Spurs big 3 (+1 for Coach Pop)

EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS
Heat in 6 games. Unfortunately, I don't think anyone in the East matches up with the defending NBA champions. I'd like to think that the Pacers can utilize their big men to shut down the Heat and win the rebounding game, but the Heat have Bosh and Birdman. I think Bosh is a really underrated rebounder and we saw that in the Chicago series. LeBron to lead the way for the Heat while Bosh has a strong series as well imo. Six games is what I'm hoping for but in reality, it could be Heat in 5, though I believe in Hibbert and George to go to the next level against the Heat.

WESTERN CONFERENCE FINALS
I'm really not sure who to go with here. I wanna say Memphis wins, but my gut is telling me that the Spurs are hungry for another title, so Spurs in 7 games. Grizzlies struggled offensively and I just don't think they have enough firepower. Conley, Gasol, and Randolph all need to have monster games for the Grizzlies to contend but they aren't consistent enough imo. Z-Bo was shut down in game one but I think he fires back in game two. But even so, the Spurs have a lot of bigs to contain Randolph and a lot of fouls to be given between Blair, Splitter, Duncan, Bonner, and Diaw.

Its the last game of this playoffs!
The conference finals threw us all a curve ball. Nobody expected a sweep in the West while few of us predicted the Pacers to give Miami such a scare. So who will be champion? Spurs of Heat? My heart says Spurs but my head says Heat. Spurs are all pick and roll and Heat is one of the best at defending that. Spurs have no answer to Bosh over the years so this might be his break out series in a poor playoffs.

Going to go with Heat in 6. I don't know! Heat to steal one road game and finish the series at home.

I went 1-1 in the Conference Finals getting Grizz over Spurs dead wrong lol.

NBA Finals

#1 Miami vs #2 San Antonio - The main reason I'm choosing MIA to win this series is because I hate the Spurs A LOT more than I hate the Heat. However, other reasons I picked MIA to win is because SA doesn't have a rim protector like Hibbert, & even though LeBron & the Heat will be going up against Duncan & Splitter, I still think they'll be able to get to the rim quite often in this series. Also, the Spurs aren't a great rebounding team so I don't expect the Heat to lose the rebounding battle like they did in games 1-6 against IND. While the Heat have struggled from 3-point land this postseason, I think they'll improve on that in this series & will have close to the same success like they had against OKC in last year's Finals. As for how MIA will try to contain Tony Parker, for the most part it'll be Chalmers & Cole guarding him & they are likely to struggle, so I do expect LeBron & maybe even Battier to guard Parker for short stretches and/or late in the 4th quarter in close games. This should be a great & hard fought series between these two teams, but I look for Wade & Bosh to not wait until the last possible moment to play well as they help LeBron avenge his 2007 Finals loss to SA. Heat in 6.

Finals MVP: LeBron James

NBA Finals

San Antonio vs Miami- Spurs in 6. San Antonio is probably the one team Miami didn't want to see come out of the West. If Wade and Bosh were healthy this may be a completely different series, and Miami may still win it, but I think the Spurs match up well. Tony Parker is the X factor for the Spurs and the other big advantage the Spurs have is a deep bench that knows their roles. I see this going a lot like the Dallas series from 2 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back