2014 NBA Playoffs

Watching the game OKC was no doubt the better team, but why do I feel like it was rigged for OKC to win?

FT difference in the third plus the phantom foul on Mill's 3 in the 4th is fuelling conspiracy theories.

It'll be very hard to beat OKC if they play like this. Then again, they're playing perfect basketball. Looks like this'll be 2-2 after the end of this game. I'm fine with either winning as long as the Heat don't win another championship this year :p

tumblr_n6f3a9ROW11rmt17do1_500.jpg

Very interesting to see what will happen with the Pacers next season. I have a feeling Larry Bird will do all he can to trade away Hibbert or Hill to get back a good piece. Not sure who would want to take Hibbert with that contract of his though. I'm wondering if this series would've been at least a tad different if they didn't trade Granger for Evan Turner. Granger brings that leadership that I think the Pacers really lack. Maybe Granger could've made a difference, and that's a BIG maybe.

Fuck the goddamn Spurs, man. I hope the Heat sweep.

I'm really pulling for Durant to win a title within the next three seasons, hate seeing him keep coming up short. The Thunder's weakness are always so glaring when it matters, especially against great teams. Not to beat a dead horse but damn, they needed Harden.

So now we get Heat vs. Spurs II, this is gonna be great. Hopefully Parker is all healed up because if Parker is at 50% or even 75%, it won't be enough to beat the Heat. As much as it pains me to say it, the Heat are such a dangerous team right now, especially with Bosh playing the way he's been playing. Not only that, but Rashard Lewis is turning back the clock and scoring like he did in his Orlando days. Norris Cole is stepping up as well, his on-ball defense has been great.

The Spurs bench will really need to step up. Patty Mills and Marco Belinelli need to score especially with Parker injured. I can't wait for this series. It can either be really good or be really bad imo.

Also, Scott Brooks did horribly in that last play. They ran the same play after the timeout so of course the Spurs know what play they'll run. They took the timeout so why not draw up a different play right? Or at least position your players differently. They positioned themselves in the same exact place but oh well.

Kevin Durant will win a title, just not this season.

I'm really pulling for Durant to win a title within the next three seasons, hate seeing him keep coming up short. The Thunder's weakness are always so glaring when it matters, especially against great teams. Not to beat a dead horse but damn, they needed Harden.

Westbrook can only do so much.

Manu.gif

They need a coach who can actually come up with an offensive gameplan other than relying on his players athleticism. Durant may win a title, but not in OKC.

Spurs in 6.

The Spurs are absolutely destroying the Heat. I think it'll be closer in the second half though. But who knows.

Another prediction I'll make, being more relevant: if the Heat win game 5, and that's a big if, I think they come back and win the series. They're going to have to make big changes though.

Aye, it might right now, but I stand by it. I see more potential for Westbrook than I do Durrant. Time will tell.

It's not like they're still just a couple years into the league. Durant has played 7 seasons and Westbrook 6. They're currently in their primes and neither is likely to improve a ton from where they are now. Durant's best attribute is his shooting ability which doesn't go away with age. Westbrook's best attribute is his speed and quickness which most certainly goes away with age.

To give a bit more thought behind my original post, we probably won't look back at Westbrook as the better player. But, I do think that Russel Westbrooks talent has been overshadowed by Durrant. It would be interesting to see them play on different teams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back