WWE To Celebrate Jim Ross On Oct. 1st

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Today on Twitter, Jim Ross sent out a message that he's going to be celebrated when Raw comes from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma on October 1st. Ross wrote:

"Monday October 1 @WWE Raw in #okc is going to be special for yours truly. More details to come but I'd be great to have a full house."

This kind of makes me nervous because for some odd reason, Vince McMahon believes that it's absolutely hilarious to do segments & skits that poke fun at Jim Ross. Vince was lambasted for his impersonation of Jim Ross a while back that featured him sort of mocking that Ross has Bells Palsy. Throughout various times in Raw's history, Jim Ross has been featured in a segments in which he's "fired" or beaten up or even forced to kiss Vince's ass, literally. I think that Vince is someone that honestly just has a warped sense of humor. He legitimately finds things funny that most other people think is just corny or downright insulting. Honestly, I don't think it's so much Vince being an ass as it is him just being clueless. Jim Ross is a pro's pro and has always just rolled with the punches. Even though he himself has said that he thought the bit was funny, it angered a lot of people.

Jim Ross is a beloved figure by damn near everybody from fans to wrestlers to insiders. I'd love to see WWE "celebrate" Ross with something that's classy and dignified. When WWE seriously celebrates wrestling history and treats legends respectfully, it's almost always something that's great to watch.

I read a story a few days ago stating that, allegedly, the WWE plans on doing an angle in which both Booker T & AJ are "fired" from being GM and for Vince to bring in someone major to run both shows. AJ would be fired for being unstable, thus leading to questionable compotence, while Booker T would be fired due to being unable to protect non-wrestlers, such as Josh Matthews who is threatening "legal action" because of what happened to him at the hands of Kane. Like a lot of people, I'd love to see Jim Ross fill that role. It'd be great to see him on television as a straight laced, call it like it is GM that's not intimidated by the heels and doesn't kiss up to the faces. Ross has the credibility to fill such a role and it'd be fun to see him interact with guys like Punk, Bryan, Sandow, Ziggler and others.

If nothing else, I just hope WWE does the right thing on October 1st and does something classy.

Like you, I'm very nervous about this. I have a bad feeling that WWE, more so Mr. McMahon, is going to use this as another excuse to humiliate Jim Ross. I don't get it. Good ol' J.R. is one of the most beloved guys in professional wrestling. There aren't many that will go against the claim that he id the greatest commentator in wrestling, and as Executive V.P. of Talent Relations, I read that he did a damn good job at it. For the longest, Vince has used every opportunity that he has had at his disposal to poke fun at J.R. Coming from someone who has quite a black sense of humor, Vince really shouldn't use this as a three hour fest of insults at Jim Ross's expense. If this is going to be J.R. appreciation night, then WWE needs to use this opportunity to actually pay the man some much needed and much earned respect.

Reading this I instantly had the same thought as almost everyone else:

I really hope this isn't some sad excuse for VKM to "get his jollies off" by embarassing JR for a night!

Honestly this is about 10 years too late IMO & the man has been in the Hall of Fame since 2007. He has deserved this for a long time & deserves something classy!

I just really hope if it isn't an honorable celebration of JR, atleast VKM will keep it above the belt & not take any "cheap shots" at JR or his condition.

It really is pretty sad when the greatest play by play announcer EVER IMO get's a night for appreciation & everyone is questioning just how cruel WWE & VKM will be to him.

I say Jim Ross deserves every bit of the humiliation he gets. He never opposes anything wrong done by the WWE, be it to him or to someone else. Thìs isn't professionalism, its spinelesness. He would also be a terrible GM in my opinion. I don't see how he will be able to 'interact' with those guys effectively when his happy, sad, cheerful and angry faces have all the same expression.

Like most people on here im nervous for JR as well. When JR is on tv Vince takes the time out of his day to absolutely humiliate JR at any given opportunity. When Vince made fun of his Bells Palsy to me that was absolutely disgusting on Vince's part.

JR has said many of time he does what he is told to do rolls with the punches and is a team player. JR is a pros pro the ultimate team player but how much crap does he have to put up with. JR has been lambasted on too many occasions for me to remember.

I have no idea what gets into Vince when JR is on tv. This whole be a star thing and against bullying is a bit hypocritical when Vince Mocks JR at any given opportunity. I just hope on Good Ol JR appreciation night things go smooth and he gets the respect he rightfully deserves. But something tells me thats not going to happen because when push comes to shove Vince is a bully towards JR

If Jim Ross doesn't care about WWE humiliating him then why should others care ? He never speaks anything bad for WWE no matter what they do to humiliate him and always is WWE biased.

BTW WWE is doing these "Appreciation Nights" every week to fill the 3 hour time slot.

I will be attending the show, and I share your skepticism. The last few times that Raw has come to Oklahoma has not been the best. We got shafted during the whole "walk-out" angle on HHH, and then we got a 80% promo videos, 20% action, night after the Royal Rumble. They both were as lackluster as they sound. The first one was even considered by many on this forum to be one of the worst Raws in a very long time.

I will be going with my wife and friends, so I hope that we get something special. Especially if it is still going to be three hours. It will be the second week of a six-week build for the Hell in a Cell PPV, so there is bound to be a throw-away show in there somewhere. I just hope that we don't see it on Oct. 1st.

For some odd reason I believe that this is the time for JR to strike back against the bullying of Vince McMahon! I know that this probably is extreme fantasy booking but think about this: WWE got tons of negativity because of that "jokes" Vince said again about JR, and all that in the middle of the "Be A Star" campaign.

"Be A Star" is all about standing up to bullies and not be afraid because in the end things are going to get only better. Here's the chance to give that message to all those children.

When I said that it's time for JR to strike back, I didn't mean to have him humiliate Vince McMahon, but, during that appreciation night, have Vince might come out and say sorry to JR about everything he's done to him all those years and that he appreciates the fact that he took it professionaly and continued doing what he loved.
(Althougth I'd really love to see JR kicking Vince McMahon arse for once!!! :p)

Come on guys! This has CM Punk humiliating JR at the end of the "celebration" all over it.

If beating down Lawler cant do it...whats the next step? Good 'Ole Jim Ross. Especially in Oklahoma!

Who knows HOW it will be done. Weather its only verbal, or physical also. Maybe Punk just humiliates him verbally, for never sticking up for himself...and Punk cant respect a man that cant stick up for himself. Or- maybe (like Lawler) Punk asks JR to call him the best in the world....and JR wont do it. So he takes a kick to the head or a Anaconda Vice.

I dont think VKM will even be involved in this particular segment in any way. I think this will be all about getting Punk boo'd at the end of the day/night.

It's a work! Just the fact that he's being mentioned on WWE TV should make him happy. Jim Ross is the best and he's proved it by rolling with the punches. Again, it's a work...

Come on guys! This has CM Punk humiliating JR at the end of the "celebration" all over it.

If beating down Lawler cant do it...whats the next step? Good 'Ole Jim Ross. Especially in Oklahoma!

Who knows HOW it will be done. Weather its only verbal, or physical also. Maybe Punk just humiliates him verbally, for never sticking up for himself...and Punk cant respect a man that cant stick up for himself. Or- maybe (like Lawler) Punk asks JR to call him the best in the world....and JR wont do it. So he takes a kick to the head or a Anaconda Vice.

I dont think VKM will even be involved in this particular segment in any way. I think this will be all about getting Punk boo'd at the end of the day/night.

Makes perfect sense to me.

There's nothing to be gained by McMahon doing anything again... but there is a lot to be gained by having Punk get involved.

It can even be set up with McMahon in the ring giving JR a sincere apology for all the past humiliations, only to have Punk interrupt because he can't respect how JR's never tried standing up for himself to the boss. Hell, even go a step further and have Punk lay out McMahon at the same time.

Since I feel partially responsible to keep up any conversation that relates wrestling and Oklahoma, here is a news article that was posted on the front page.

The following is courtesy of F4WOnline.com

Monday Night, Jack Swagger was seen leaving the arena and told AJ Lee he needs to take some time off. The current plan for Swagger is to take a few weeks off and return on October 1. This event is scheduled in Oklahoma, which is where Swagger went to college.

There is also rumors that his repackaging will include Swagger being a face, which would fit perfectly with his return "home."

Humor me if you will and imagine this scenario.

JR appreciation night goes off as planned, but we get some mid-card or even upper-card heel to break up the celebration. Cue Jack Swagger to come back as a face and save his fellow Okie in a huge face turn. He would get a big reaction from the Oklahoma natives and maybe this could be the start of something really good for him.

I have never been the biggest Swagger supporter, but something like this would definitely make the night more enjoyable.

Vince took a stinkface and has been humiliated on tv plenty of times, Cole has been humiliated too. Its funny people get offended when it only happens to JR. Thats probably part of the reason why it happens so often, embarrassing JR always will draw heat and upset people.

I'm sure JR knows if its a legit appreciation night or not. So either way I dont think its a big deal.

Punk wants to work with Austin.

Maybe Punk goes for JR and Austin saves the day setting up the match.

Just a thought.

Jim Ross getting humiliated is something I always love. There is always uproar on here which makes a good read but the facts are it is just a storyline, why people get so upset is ludicrous!

Like someone said, Vince has humiliated himself many a time (stinkface, pissed himself, covered in shit) so why do people get so offended when fat ol JR takes a beating?

I want Punk and Heyman to destroy that fat ol bastard!!! JR was a very good commentator but as a human being he is so far up his own arse it is untrue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back