Jim Ross Calls 'Mania

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Jim Ross has signed a brief contract extension with the WWE. Wrestlers with the company have been told that Jim Ross, Jerry Lawler and Michael Cole will be calling the show while Josh Matthews, Todd Grisham and Mike Striker will be doing interviews backstage.

It'll be great to see Jim Ross again, I've missed him and he's still the best in wrestling at what he does. I'm hoping the WWE hypes JR returning to work at WrestleMania as it's just another reason to order the ppv.

Well it wouldn't be Mania without JR. However, I personally would love for Striker to be on the desk as he is my favourite announcer. I'll live though.

I was thinking of this today, what if they have Cole become a heel at Mania. JR could come out towards the end of the night to call the main events.(he did this at a previous Wrestlemania) Cole could say how he is sick of being seen as second rate and how he is better than the other announcers in the WWE. He wont have to necessarily condone the heels, but maybe being more of a self centered jerk.
Either way I would enjoy to see JR one more time.

Kevin Kelly? WTF? I have nothing against Kelly but saying he is better then the greatest sport broadcaster in wrestling is crazy. The man isn't even with the company any more he is with ROH. Jim Ross is a hall of famer and even though I think he has been toned down a lot compared to before, I can't wait to see him do what he does best. In my opinion there is no one better to call a match. Every WWE commentator puts me to sleep compared to JR.

It will be great to see him work with Jerry Lawler again. I wish they would put Michael Cole backstage too, but like him or hate him he has been in WWE for a while. He said on his blog that he has lost a lot of weight and continues to work out. It will be interesting to see how he looks now. If Ross will be announcing Mania it will truly be an even greater event. Also, I think its better to only have one announce team instead of switching between 3 different announce teams at WrestleMania like they have done before.

Thank God there are only 2 brands now so we won't have to see that anymore.

It'll be great to see JR back at Wrestlemania. During last year's Wrestlemania, I saw signs of the old JR. He was great during the entire ppv. Especially during the HBK/Taker match, and hearing him say "Stone Cold!StoneCold!" sent chills down my spine.

I like the trio of Lawler,Ross,and Cole. They work well together. They should do a good job at Mania, and it's good to see JR back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back