Who will do commentary for WM27?

shooter_mcgavin

Mid-Card Championship Winner
If WWE is pushing through Cole vs. Lawler that means two of the most senior commentators in the WWE will not be able to do the commentary for Wrestlemania.

With this I was wondering who will be able to do commentary for the event?

I see 2 or 3 of the following:

Jim Ross - for one night only. With the Youth movement he can make some of the young guys look good. His commentary for Daniel Bryan was really good.

Matt Striker - Was a SD and PPV mainstay for awhile. Maybe it's time to give him one more change with JR guiding him?

Booker T - Quite new to this commentary thing but it looks like he could be a mainstay for this position.

Joey Styles - He's still under contract WWE right? Perhaps Style and Ross would make an excellent combo?

Todd Girsham - Might be doing backstage interviews though.

Josh Matthews - Has been doing solid commentary for awhile maybe it's his chance to do commentary at WM.

There's so many combination for this it's hard to see the perfect fit. But I guess if I had to choose I would probably Jim Ross, Matt Striker/Booker T, and Joey Styles - so we have Styles doing the play by play, Striker or Booker color commentator, and JR to provide both and credibility to the young guys.

What do you guys think?

I'm expecting it to be Booker T, JR and Josh Matthews.

Booker T can fill in for The King on color commentary, Josh Matthews can be the middle man as he usually is when they do the trio of commentators and JR will come back to replace Michael Cole, which is almost guarenteed by the fact that Michael Cole began making fun of JR when they were promoting WWE All-Stars.

That's a very interesting thought. The thing is, I can't imagine a 'Mania without Jerry Lawler calling the action. The same kind of goes for Michael Cole but not to the same extent. Personally, I think that Cole will be a commentator and be gone for a couple of matches and Lawler will not be announcing. Surely WWE will want to keep some kind of familiarity for the biggest event of the year.

I think that JR would be great for one night only and I don't think it is out of the question if either (or both) Cole and Lawler are not at the booth. If Josh Matthews can continue to prove himself by doing many shows and being a good commentator, then we could easily see him at Wrestlemania.

For my money, it will be Jim Ross, Josh Matthews and Michael Cole (who will leave for a couple of matches).

I would love to hear from JR again as he will call this like any good commentator would, and be entertaining at the same time.

Josh has been growing on me for weeks now, and he is learning to be a solid play-by-play speaker every time. His true test will be calling a marquee match at Wrestlemania, and we'll see how he does.

Booker T.... maybe, he just needs to cut down on most of his catchphrases.

Striker has been lacking since being moved to Smackdown. When ECW was still around, he had quite potential to be a good talker.

A good 3 man team for this year could be Booker, Josh and JR...

I think Cole would probably sit there throughout the night until his 'match' with Lawler, where he'll try to get out of it somehow, and Lawler will drag him in the ring by his tie and bash the holy high crap out of him, and then sit and take Cole's place for the rest of the night.

I guess they'd stick with the same team they had at EC which seemed to be well received. Both Booker and Josh played off Cole very well (although i struggled to make out what Booker was saying for some of it).

tbh they could pick any random combination, like, god forbid, Todd Grisham, Josh Matthews AND Matt Striker.

I mean i thought they were insane to put Coach as part of the team at WM24, and yet, that's what they did.

Ideally i'd want Styles, Jr and Booker, but the likelihood of Styles putting the headest back on is a massive long shot.

I'd go with Booker (because let's face it, it's not the same without an actual wrestling veteran on the headset), Josh Matthews and Jr, just so after HHH/Taker is over, JR can scream 'YES! THE SON OF A BITCH THAT BROKE MY ARM IS FINALLY GONE!!!!!' in his old school 'STONE COLD! STONE COLD' voice.

Seriously though, that's the team i'd want at Mania.

I think it will be Good Ol' JR, Matt Stryker, and Booker T, with The Rock commentating for one match.

They will for sure want JR calling the Triple H-Undertaker match but I'm not sure if he'll do all of Wrestlemania, but probably.

I'd love to see Jerry Lawler calling a match after he beats Cole but I doubt they'll have him do that.

A return of JR for one night would be very good ! and He might get involved in Cole vs Lawler match because don't forget that Michael Cole has been talking Trash about JR several times in the past months

Unless it doesn't involve Matt Striker, I'm happy.

Don't know why, but I can seriously see Jim Ross being at Wrestlemania this year, becuase of the possible absense of King and Cole all night.

How about Jim Ross, Booker T, and Josh Mathews?

I have thought about this too. While Lawler vs Cole is going on I expect to see good ol' JR return to commentary for the night. Plus I put in John Matthews, Booker T along with Joey Styles. I know they could be more useful together calling the Taker/HHH match but still would make for an impactful commentary team while Cole & Lawler might be out.

I suppose that we could do without Cole for one night, but then again I don't think so. He would probably call a few matches on the undercard and then get into action with The King. I am hoping that JR will indeed return for one night, he will keep me entertained throughout the course of the show. Josh Matthews has been shockingly good so far, I would prefer him to Booker T. I would do with anything without Todd Grisham.

However, I just got the feeling that somehow WWE will bring in Matt Striker for Mania after Cole gets prepared for his possible matchup with Lawler. I am hoping for Jim Ross, Josh Matthews and Booker T but I think the more realistic option would be JR, Cole(and then Striker) and Booker T

I think JR would be an obvious choice as recently posted on the main site there was an interview of Jerry Lawler who said that he wouldn't be suprised to see JR back at the booth and with his Bells Pausy or whatever it is, he probably wouldn't call the entire PPV because of the stress thing but he could easily call the Lawler and Cole match for his friend the King. I think JR would be an extremely suitable person to call it.

Obviously he would need a partner too so I would go with Booker T and Josh Matthews. I really don't want to hear Striker's voice at WrestleMania. It just annoys me. He could interview Michael Cole before the match backstage but that's it. I think Booker T could go well with JR too.

I think Lawler and Cole will both commentate alongside Booker, but then for Lawler and Cole's match, and the match either side of it, Josh Matthews will come in

Good topic.

I know who I want calling WrestleMania, but I'm not sure it will happen.

If I had my choice, I'd go with Booker, Josh Matthews and Good Ol' Jim Ross. Booker brings a ton of energy, Matthews is a solid straight guy, and Jim Ross..well, he's the best play-by-play guy I've had the pleasure of listening to, and the place would go absolutely insane for him.

King and Cole, if involved in a match of any kind, probably won't be apart of commentary at all, and definitely not together. My guess is King will not be "in the booth" at all. Cole is a possibility before his match, unless he's actually working the match, and not just in someone's corner.

My best guess goes with Booker, Matthews and probably Striker. Why Striker? WWE hates me and wants me to blow my own head off.

Kidding, but I'm not sure WWE is going back down the Jim Ross path again. They should, but they might just leave it to Matthews. I like Josh, but he's no Jim Ross. This is Mania, and JR is needed. Not getting my hopes up, though.

I would be more than happy to see no Cole on a PPV for a night because someone else entertaining that actually has commentary skills could easily take his spot but remember this is WWE. Vince has supposedly called Cole "the biggest heel in the company", so I highly doubt Cole would be out for the entire Mania commentating but it wouldn't make sense to have both Lawler & Cole on commentary before their match. Cole will probably do commentary for half the event before his match and Lawler won't do anything commentating.

It will be interesting to see who will be doing commentary considering this is the biggest PPV of the year and commentary is a big part of it too since it adds so much momentum for the matches.

I really do think that Josh Mathews deserves to do commentary, he has really involved over the last couple months. Booker T isn't doing too well at commentary but he could take Lawler's spot in commentary for a night and hopefully we won't notice. I really hope WWE doesn't put Todd Grisham on commentary, I can't even stand him on NXT (which is really saying something). Everyone is saying JR should do commentary, obviously I agree but I don't see that happening even though it'd be great.

Plus, it would be a horrible idea to have Cole & JR commentate together since Cole's heel persona hates JR and more attention would be drawn towards bashing each other rather than the actual action going on.

I think it could be Jim Ross. Let me rephrase that, I HOPE it is Jim Ross. He doesn't need to return full time, but it would be really cool if WWE brought in the greatest commentator of All Time for the BIGGEST show of the year.

I would like it if he was paired with Booker. I think if Lawler isn't going to be behind the table at all, a 3 man team would work great for Mania. Jim Ross, Matt Striker, and Booker T. I think that would make for a pretty solid team to call the action.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back