WWE SummerSlam: WWE Universal Championship - Brock Lesnar (c) VS Roman Reigns

The whole match has been mis-handled. Lashley beats Reigns at the PPV and then Reigns beats him for the #1 contender spot on Raw??? Doesn't make sense. Should've been a fatal 4 way the whole time with Lesnar vs. Reigns vs. Lashley vs. Stroman. Lesnar avoids the pin and you get a new Universal Champion from any of the other 3. I would've went with Stroman. It's time to put him in the #1 spot and see how it goes. Does he stay over for an extended period like an Undertaker or does he flop like Big Show. Then you know if he's legit over to help carry the main event scene for years to come.

I won't even bother arguing with you on this. This is the classic reaction of a smarks fan or a reigns hater and I found how that it make no sense to waste energy with somebody that just believe what the internet and dirt sheet is feeding them.

You're a smark too remember that.

I don't need the dirt sheets to tell me RR is getting shoved down our throats. I've been watching for fuck knows how long.

Convince me that he isn't.

Absolute garbage main event at Wrestlemania...DING! Let's do it again at Summerslam! Genius creative! Just genius. I'd settle for anyone else at all vs Brock right now, fuckin R Truth vs Brock would be a more compelling SS Main Event than Roman vs Brock yet again. They dont match up well, why WWE fail to clue into that is mind boggling. Roman vs Braun was a hell of a feud, Brock vs Joe (Although shorter than I hoped) was a WAAAAAAY better match up for Brock. These two just dont gel against each other. Here's hoping they open the show to get it out of the way.

OR...instead just have the match happen, with no cash in. If I remember correctly, I read that this was WWE's last attempt to get Roman cheered...IT ISN'T HAPPENING!! If the rumors are correct, Heyman will be working behind the scenes. Since he'll be there weekly anyways...what not just do a screwjob? Reigns winning with help from Paul Heyman. Heyman has always praised Roman as if they're practically family. Have Roman Reigns align with Paul Heyman because he had to do what he "has" to do. Roman no longer cares about the fans, because they "gave up on me before I even made it." It makes complete sense. Heyman knows Brock is leaving and he's built for the wrestling business. Wait to have Braun cash in at an unexpected time...MONTHS later!

Now THAT would be cool. But you know WWE creative are simply not that creative....at all lately.

You're a smark too remember that.

I don't need the dirt sheets to tell me RR is getting shoved down our throats. I've been watching for fuck knows how long.

Convince me that he isn't.

Don't want to repeat myself since i already had this discussions with somebody else on this thread so if you want examples of why he's not shove down are throat just go read those post.

Also, when i say i'm sick and tired of the whole ''roman Reigns is shove down are throat'' excuse. It's more because of the generalization of the comment then the comment itself. That'S because not every WWE fans dislike roman reigns push, if that was so he wouldn't be the top merch seller and he wouldn't be one of the guy they use for outside stuff. They're as much fans that like the guy then dislike him it's just more the fact that those who dislike him are louder then those that like. So to me, he might be shove down some of the fans throat because they don't like him. But i could say the same thing about Charlotte Flair or Braun Strowman or anybody else that's been getting a big push that, if i follow the smart fans logic, didn't deserve. So i just wanted to clear this up. If you don't like Reigns being push and he shove down your throat, that your choice but that does means that everybody fell the same way about this.

Don't want to repeat myself since i already had this discussions with somebody else on this thread so if you want examples of why he's not shove down are throat just go read those post.

Also, when i say i'm sick and tired of the whole ''roman Reigns is shove down are throat'' excuse. It's more because of the generalization of the comment then the comment itself. That'S because not every WWE fans dislike roman reigns push, if that was so he wouldn't be the top merch seller and he wouldn't be one of the guy they use for outside stuff. They're as much fans that like the guy then dislike him it's just more the fact that those who dislike him are louder then those that like. So to me, he might be shove down some of the fans throat because they don't like him. But i could say the same thing about Charlotte Flair or Braun Strowman or anybody else that's been getting a big push that, if i follow the smart fans logic, didn't deserve. So i just wanted to clear this up. If you don't like Reigns being push and he shove down your throat, that your choice but that does means that everybody fell the same way about this.

Nope.

Braun was the hottest act of 2017 and got dispatched like he was nothing by Lesnar. Fact is Roman is the only person that has been show as a threat to Lesnar and is the only guy other than Lesnar to have beaten 'Taker at 'Mania.

Now tell me Roman hasn't been pushed to a higher level. The Reigns push is bullshit because it's blatantly obvious he live audience want to see someone different there.

You can use the excuse of 'oh well this story needs and ending'. This story only needs an ending because Reigns was in his fourth Main Event in a row. I've put up with this longer than most but after Lashleys token win at Extreme Rules I've had enough.

Nope.

Braun was the hottest act of 2017 and got dispatched like he was nothing by Lesnar. Fact is Roman is the only person that has been show as a threat to Lesnar and is the only guy other than Lesnar to have beaten 'Taker at 'Mania.

Now tell me Roman hasn't been pushed to a higher level. The Reigns push is bullshit because it's blatantly obvious he live audience want to see someone different there.

You can use the excuse of 'oh well this story needs and ending'. This story only needs an ending because Reigns was in his fourth Main Event in a row. I've put up with this longer than most but after Lashleys token win at Extreme Rules I've had enough.

So good for you, then Stop watching and posting about it if you don't like it. Their so many other alternative you could watch that would probably suit your taste better and it's easier now to watch those alternative.

So that's what i don't get, really, why are so many fans love to waste their time and money on a product they don't like. Really, that's always fascinated me. If i don't like eating a Mcdonald's i won't go and spend my money there just so that i can complain about it after. Same goes for Wrestling, if you don't like what the main roster is giving you then stop watching and stop giving them your money. They're a lot of other peoples that like the product that will take you're place.

I'm not a fan of the match but like i said before, this match isn't for me or the smart fans, This match is for the casual fans and the kids that could care less about what's going on backstage or who's getting a push. All they want is seeing the good guy finally beat the monster and that's what WWE is given them. WWE is family entertainment and will always be that.

If you want more aldut oriented stories in your wrestling, go watch Impact, New japan, MLW or ROH or even NXT while is still on the network because you won't get mature stories on the main roster because they're no money to be made only pleasing the Smart fans or adult audience, if you don't believe, just go see the quarterly reports on the WWE corporate website. The only reason NXT still exist is because of the kid friendly product that the main roster does. So again i still think that using a phrase like Roman reigns is being shove down our throat is a dumb excuse from fans that don't know what's going on in the back for Reigns to be in this position and just believe what Meltzer and his friend are feeding them, because if WWE wasn't making a lot of money with him and if he wasn't a draw like a lot of fans and wrestling media say he is, WWE would have stop pushing him and would have gone to the next guy.

So good for you, then Stop watching and posting about it if you don't like it. Their so many other alternative you could watch that would probably suit your taste better and it's easier now to watch those alternative.

So that's what i don't get, really, why are so many fans love to waste their time and money on a product they don't like. Really, that's always fascinated me. If i don't like eating a Mcdonald's i won't go and spend my money there just so that i can complain about it after. Same goes for Wrestling, if you don't like what the main roster is giving you then stop watching and stop giving them your money. They're a lot of other peoples that like the product that will take you're place.

I'm not a fan of the match but like i said before, this match isn't for me or the smart fans, This match is for the casual fans and the kids that could care less about what's going on backstage or who's getting a push. All they want is seeing the good guy finally beat the monster and that's what WWE is given them. WWE is family entertainment and will always be that.

If you want more aldut oriented stories in your wrestling, go watch Impact, New japan, MLW or ROH or even NXT while is still on the network because you won't get mature stories on the main roster because they're no money to be made only pleasing the Smart fans or adult audience, if you don't believe, just go see the quarterly reports on the WWE corporate website. The only reason NXT still exist is because of the kid friendly product that the main roster does. So again i still think that using a phrase like Roman reigns is being shove down our throat is a dumb excuse from fans that don't know what's going on in the back for Reigns to be in this position and just believe what Meltzer and his friend are feeding them, because if WWE wasn't making a lot of money with him and if he wasn't a draw like a lot of fans and wrestling media say he is, WWE would have stop pushing him and would have gone to the next guy.

Geez I wasn't going to say a word until you posted this. Is that the only answer you have, "stop watching wrestling if all you do is complain". The way I see it is he's complaining about one thing, that being Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar AGAIN. He said nothing about the rest of the roster.

I don't blame him a bit as I don't want to see the match either, and quite frankly according to a lot of others, they would rather it be someone else as well. This will be the fourth time these two have met with the last two matches being pretty bad.

Part of the problem is I don't think Lesnar gives a crap about Reigns. He doesn't seem to put much effort into this feud both beforehand and during the actual match. Lashley would have been a better opponent what with his MMA experience and all. We've seen what Reigns has to offer and it hasn't been enough to beat Lesnar in three other tries.

The match is set however and we'll see what happens. Hopefully Vince has a change of heart between now and then and makes it a triple threat. If not their second biggest show of the year will end the way Mania did, with fans not interested in the match. Only difference is this time they will be booing the new champion out of the building.

Geez I wasn't going to say a word until you posted this. Is that the only answer you have, "stop watching wrestling if all you do is complain". The way I see it is he's complaining about one thing, that being Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar AGAIN. He said nothing about the rest of the roster.

I don't blame him a bit as I don't want to see the match either, and quite frankly according to a lot of others, they would rather it be someone else as well. This will be the fourth time these two have met with the last two matches being pretty bad.

Part of the problem is I don't think Lesnar gives a crap about Reigns. He doesn't seem to put much effort into this feud both beforehand and during the actual match. Lashley would have been a better opponent what with his MMA experience and all. We've seen what Reigns has to offer and it hasn't been enough to beat Lesnar in three other tries.

The match is set however and we'll see what happens. Hopefully Vince has a change of heart between now and then and makes it a triple threat. If not their second biggest show of the year will end the way Mania did, with fans not interested in the match. Only difference is this time they will be booing the new champion out of the building.

I'm like you on with this match, I wrote this comment in the heat of the moment and sometimes when you write something in the heat of the moment, you wrote what you really think without really finding a tactful way of expressing what you thought.

Anyway, I agree with you about lesnar but to be honest, I think you could have put anybody against Lesnar and I wouldn't have cared more. All he want is to do is stuff and go home, so you could have put anybody against him in a one on one situation, and it would have been as boring. Since winning the universal championship, the only good one on one match he had was against AJ Styles probably because AJ was able to get him to do more then just the bare minimum. I feel like Lesnar doesn't respect anyone on the current roster outside the part timers like taker and cena.

So I don't think that switching the scenario and having lashley take reigns place would have change anything, in fact I think It would have been a even more boring match then reigns and lesnar since lashley is pretty much a better version of lesnar without charisma. The better scenario would have been a triple threat match so that lashley and reigns could have carried the bulk of the match and lesnar could do his stuff and you could have finish the reigns lesnar storyline with reigns finally beating lesnar without too much backlash from the smart fans.

I would of rathered them take the title off of Brock at Mania or even Greatest Royal Rumble and got something different for Brock at Summerslam. However as others have mentioned the story needs to end and Roman is “The Guy” to finally end Lesnar’s reign and beat him clean in a one on one match and get the Universal title back on tv.

I believe we see what WWE believes is a good swerve.
But one that might end up being ok, despite the 18 months of nonsense surrounding it.
Owens wins MITB
Lesnar beats Reigns.... Again
Owens (w/Heyman) cashes in.
Cant think of another reasin for tonight. If the goal is more booing Brock, knocking around Paul is little return for the TV time. Also, Lesnar knocking him around doesnt promote the idea of "Brock cant win without him". Therefore, I think the only reason will be to give Paul a reason to be there after Brick isnt.... A new client.

First of all, after what they did last monday night, their no chance of seeing a heyman/reigns alliance, so it's pretty clear that reigns is staying in the tweener role for now. But i 've read that they are thinking of making this match a short match and that after reigns wins the belt. Lesnar would beat him up only for Rollins and Ambrose to make the safe and destroying Lesnar which would keep him out of action for a long time.

In my opinion if that happens, i would make sense and plant the see of the ambrose heel turn especially if Rollins wins the IC title as well. You could tell a good story about how Ambrose is jealous of his shield brothers and at one point he just snap and beats up both of them and maybe even cost either rollins or reigns their championship.

Just give it to Roman already. At least the champ would be on TV every week. SIck of Lesnar. I will say this, it would be a FUN and awesome twist if Heyman helped Roman win turning Roman heel. We know WWE won't do it and it will just be a straight up match with Roman winning and no pay off really, but man that would be exciting and fun. Million directions they could go with a heel Roman.

Just give it to Roman already. At least the champ would be on TV every week. SIck of Lesnar. I will say this, it would be a FUN and awesome twist if Heyman helped Roman win turning Roman heel. We know WWE won't do it and it will just be a straight up match with Roman winning and no pay off really, but man that would be exciting and fun. Million directions they could go with a heel Roman.
Agreed.

The word that really has become synonymous with everyone and everything involved with this match is 'stale'. Roman as the confident face is stale, Lesnar not turning up to TV every week is stale. Heyman's shtick is becoming stale and, most importantly, seeing these two in the same ring has gone waaaaay past being stale.

It's about time the WWE did something different with everyone involved in this match. If Roman wins, have Heyman do the dirty work. If not, do something with Roman that's a bit different anyway. People are sick to the back teeth of this feud and everything that goes along with it. This is an ideal time to give the fans exactly what they want zi wish they'd just do it already.

Either way, these two should never wrestle another match against each other. For the love of God, please.

I actually loved how they handle the booking of the match. Having strowman teasing a cash in was brilliant as it made the 50% that didn't want reigns to win something to cheer about. Having them do a short match was also brilliant as the last think fans wanted was to have another 20 minute borefest between those 2.

In the end, they wanted fans to cheer reigns after he wins the title and That's exactly what they got as nobody turn on reigns title win, maybe for some it had to do with the fact that they were hoping for a strowman cash in, but never the less, reigns got a positive reaction and That's all wwe wanted, to end on a positive note.

All I can say is thank Christ the belt is off Lesnar and on someone who is on tv every week. Maybe now RAW won't be such awful shit.

Now about the match I'll be honest and say I wasn't expecting anything spectacular between the 2 and when Braun came out I was hoping for a Cash-In. Despite it being short and having no cash-in i was still happy with the match itself and how it ended.

I haven't watched RAW in a while but I will be tonight

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back