WWE RAW LD 5th May 2014 - Hounds, Fire and Demonic Forces: Raw Goes to Hell

It's not worth a complete restart.

It's still an option.

However, I wouldn't mind if they removed the US title. At least we can come to the conclusion that its current form is completely rubbish.

Short term solutions for the Divas are useless.

Unfortunately, it was the only solution.

Yeah, because everybody was really pissed when Antonio Cesaro was holding onto the US title and denigrating Americans every week.

Give me a break.

Rusev will generate more heat than Cesaro ever could simply because he's associating himself with Russia, currently being portrayed in the media as one of the biggest bad guys in the world. Why not take advantage of that?

What the hell did Cesaro do during his US title run anyway? Showcase his ability to use Google Translate every week?

The abyss that awaits after losing the WWE title match will show us what Rusev is truly capable of doing with himself. Will he fade into obscurity?

But the monster heel push benefits no-one. It certainly doesn't benefit the opponents he squashes as they're jobbing to a short term solution, it doesn't benefit him because he'll never reach that level again and it doesn't benefit the babyface that beats him because he won't be a credible enough opponent.

That's another kiss of death.

Rusev will generate more heat than Cesaro ever could simply because he's associating himself with Russia, currently being portrayed in the media as one of the biggest bad guys in the world. Why not take advantage of that?

If it were my call, I'd put the belt on Rusev and let him throw it in a garbage can or adorn it with a hammer and sickle for some of that Cold War heat.

I don't know if you've been huffing from JTStrike's paint can or something, but leave me alone. I'm asking nicely, please don't address me again until you learn how to read, can debate without contradicting yourself, and aren't making stupid guarantees about what will and won't generate heat when history has shown otherwise.

But the monster heel push benefits no-one. It certainly doesn't benefit the opponents he squashes as they're jobbing to a short term solution,

Yeah because the opponents that Rusev have faced thus far are extremely important wrestlers who have done nothing but build up credibility for themselves :rolleyes:

it doesn't benefit him because he'll never reach that level again

As to what I said before, he could fall into obscurity or become something else. You might be right and if I were a betting man, I'd be siding with your argument but he could surprise us.

and it doesn't benefit the babyface that beats him because he won't be a credible enough opponent.

You're kidding, right?

By this time, Rusev will have amassed a winning streak and taken down some hefty opponents (in more difficult contests, I might add) and it gives whichever babyface needs the push to go in the right direction an easy way to do so without doing much of anything.

Nice and simple.

I don't know if you've been huffing from JTStrike's paint can or something, but leave me alone. I'm asking nicely, please don't address me again until you learn how to read, can debate without contradicting yourself, and aren't making stupid guarantees about what will and won't generate heat when history has shown otherwise.

You sure are negative.

And... I admit to missing your point about the hammer and sickle on the US belt. I must've skipped over it or something.

Let me just make myself clear. I'm for Rusev playing up the Russia ordeal, belt or no. The US title isn't crucial to that, but if it has to be there, let him be the one to have it.

Yeah because the opponents that Rusev have faced thus far are extremely important wrestlers who have done nothing but build up credibility for themselves :rolleyes:

Let's remember this is a short term solution here like 99.9% of monster heel pushes. When he starts facing guys like Sheamus and Ziggler, it's not going to help them when they lose to a short-term solution at all. It would be a different thing if it was to a guy that isn't a Get Out Of Jail Free card for the creative team, but it isn't.

As to what I said before, he could fall into obscurity or become something else. You might be right and if I were a betting man, I'd be siding with your argument but he could surprise us.

Could is the keyword there.

You're kidding, right?

By this time, Rusev will have amassed a winning streak and taken down some hefty opponents (in more difficult contests, I might add) and it gives whichever babyface needs the push to go in the right direction an easy way to do so without doing much of anything.

Nice and simple.

No it wouldn't. There'd be no doubt in most people's minds that the babyface would beat Rusev because Rusev is nowhere near ready to be champion.

Well, looks like Rusev isn't in the battle royal.

But, the #ZackPac is.;) 2 years later......

zackryderustitle.jpg

Let me just make myself clear. I'm for Rusev playing up the Russia ordeal, belt or no. The US title isn't crucial to that, but if it has to be there, let him be the one to have it.

Exactly.

Let's remember this is a short term solution here like 99.9% of monster heel pushes. When he starts facing guys like Sheamus and Ziggler, it's not going to help them when they lose to a short-term solution at all. It would be a different thing if it was to a guy that isn't a Get Out Of Jail Free card for the creative team, but it isn't.

Beating Sheamus and Ziggler, two former World champions, helps build up the credibility of Rusev as they can promote him as beating former World champions as he gets closer to the title, making him a more believable threat. You've got to remember that some essence of kayfabe is required to understand these sort of situations.

As for Sheamus & Ziggler, they took a loss to Barrett and they seem to be doing fine. I'm sure they can have a competitive match with Rusev and take the fall for him too. If the WWE needs to, they'll give Sheamus & Ziggler a chance to bounce back the following week and everything returns to normal.

No it wouldn't. There'd be no doubt in most people's minds that the babyface would beat Rusev because Rusev is nowhere near ready to be champion.

Much like how everybody had no doubt that Daniel Bryan would beat Kane at Extreme Rules?

If you're going to get fed to a big name, you might as well look credible and threatening as you get closer to the match otherwise the result looks too predictable. All Rusev has to do is win matches and then challenge for the WWE title. Lazy booking, I know, but it's simple and it'll work.

Not every match and feud can be the most intriguing thing to happen since sliced bread.

:rolleyes:

Next time spare me and just say that you disagree with my opinion on trashing it but agree with my opinion on Rusev holding it. And again, that's still contingent on playing up the real life tensions between America and Russia. Just holding it and defending it like you said would be a flat repeat of what didn't work for Cesaro.

I'm surprised people are getting a little heated about the US Championship. The belt means as much as what I did on the toilet an hour ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back