WWE RAW LD 10th March 2014 - More Twists, More Turns and An Announcement or Two

This was a clunky raw, but with it being on an hour earlier, I thought "Why not". Usos put on a great show again, as did the Shield. Bray hit another one out of the park. Brother Love really needs to die at Lesnar's hands. Bryan segment was the kind of endearing underachievment that Bryan is famous for, with good results too. Can't wait for Rusev.

Other than that... Meh.

The idea of Bryan pulling double duty at Mania is interesting. Deeply reminiscent of Bret Hart at Mania 10. Get the blood feud done early, then face the uninspiring champion for the title.

Occupy RAW was one of the cooler segments in some time. Sandow's expression when he came close to the crowd was brilliant, looked like he didn't know what he'd got himself into. I thought Triple H and Stephanie were particularly on point in the segment, Triple H looking like the boss who'd been outsmarted and Stephanie losing her shit! I think that segment is to Bryan as the beer truck was to Austin, great moment and build to Mania.

I don't see Bryan not leaving New Orleans sans-title, but I also don't find great realism in him conquering Triple H, one of the baddest motherfuckers in the history of the WWE, Batista who is built as "The Animal" and Randy Orton, who Bryan has had difficult beating before while fresh on the same night. It'll play great ode to Bret at WrestleMania X.

Now.

How long before Bryan fans find a flaw in this plan?
WWE overreached. The live audience got suckier when the plants came out. It's Fandangoing all over again. Once something is embraced by the Machine, it's no longer cool.

They're trying to kill Bryan's heat.

You'd like Sheamus vs Christian. They beat themselves bloody and had a fantastic match in spite of nobody really caring about their feud. Classic those guys.

If you like Bray, watch Bray's promos. If you like the Shield and the Rhodes boys, watch them have an adequate match that pales in comparison to their matches from last year. And Paul Heyman did his Paul Heyman thing again, if you're into that.

The Bryan promo was kind of a big deal. They'll be showing that on Best of Raw highlight packages for years to come. A shame the paying audience was sucky.

Feel free to skip the rest. I mean I loved watching John Cena wrestle a basic match against Erik Rowan and seeing the Bellas, AJ, and Lady Diesel have a perfectly competent tag match. But you seem like a busy man. Heck, skip it all if you want. It's nothing you haven't seen before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back