Snuka vs. Nigel

• Superfly

• Guiness Draught

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following takes place inthe WWE REgion under WWE Rules from Long Island, Ny.

#21. Jimmy "superfly" Snuka
snuka.jpg

vs.

#44. Nigel McGuinness
mcguinness.jpg

I'm going with Snuka. For those of you that haven't seen it, Snuka's indy stuff is far better than his WWF stuff. He's a freaking tank that crushes the hell out of people with the splash. He's a legend and while Nigel is a solid guy, he's not in ROH with this one. If he was it would make a difference, but New York was Snuka's town. The Islander wins here.

If nothing else, for the fact that Snuka's finest moment was in New York, I'm inclined to say him on this one. That being said, he lost the match against Muraco, and jumped off the cage afterwards. Snuka lost a lotof matches, and despite being incredibly overand the man who made top rope maneuvers cool, there is a chance for McGuinness here.

Like KB said, Snuka's successes have pretty much entirely come from indy feds, but McGuinness has been one of the most dominant indy fedders of recent years. I am on the fence, but I think I'd vote for McGuinness at this point in time.

Really, what has Snuka ever done besides jump off a cage, be hit in the head with a coconut, and been alleged of throwing some chick of the roof of a hotel? Yep, nothing, that's what; whereas Nigel this past year and a half has been building up one hell of a legacy for himself on the independent wrestling scene and even in Japan. He has had great match after great match, and is on one hell of a winning streak. He definitely deserves to go over here. There's no doubt in my mind that if Snuka was in his prime and met against Nigel McGuiness today, Nigel would kick his ass, no matter what wrestling ring they were in.

Snuka sucks. You'll all see this when he has his match at WrestleMania and is no more awful than he was 25 years ago.

McGuinness can take a head shot like a Samoan savage. But I doubt Snuka can take a sloppy lariat.

I fucking hate Nigal McGimpy, seriously hate the fucker, he's a giant overrated pile of suck, and would likely do something stupid like headbutt the ring post knocking himself out, Snuka would pick him up, throw him in the ring and hit the Superfly splash for the win

Nigel would kick his ass, no matter what wrestling ring they were in.

If Nigel could be successful in the WWE, he'd be there. I'd hope Snuka would kick his ass just for being that damn ugly. Seriously...:wtf: It'll probably be a long match, but Snuka will get the win with a top rope splash.

Snuka has this one for me. Nigel will give him a hell of a fight, but in the end, Snuka will hit that huge splash from the top and gain the victory.

I'm really not a fan of many people in ROH, and McGuinness is no exception (also, it doesn't help matters that he looks like The Miz in that picture). If he were going up against someone that wasn't as fast and crazy as Snuka was in his prime, then maybe I would consider him having a chance. But, he doesn't have one here.

Pick: Snuka

I really don't mind either of these guys, but I don't care for either of them a whole lot either. Superfly, Hall of Famer, monster heel, monster face, pretty much did everything int he WWE, except for win a championship at any level. However, the guy was entertaining as hell in the ring.

Nigel on the other hand is someone that has only started to grow on me. The ROH championship is one of those championships that is in the land of Limbo right now. No one is quite sure the prestige of this title, and where it ranks in the current landscape of the business. For that, it's hard to give Nigel the nod. A man that has held a world title for over a calendar year is hard to argue with against a man that really accomplished nothing as far as accolades are concerned. I voted for Snuka, but i think I regret it.

I'm not overly fond of either of these two, but Snuka has proven himself. Snuka was a big star in the WWF, he was a big star and draw in All Japan, first ECW Champion, had a lot of success in a number of NWA territories. Snuka proved himself both on the independent circuit and in the big leagues. Until or unless McGuinness does that, he remains unproven to me. So, I give the edge to Snuka.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back