The WWE Region: General Discussion

No love for Randy Orton? The man is white hot right now. I have been readuing this thtread and outside of the mention that the RKO is like the Super Kick and can be hit at anytime i'm not getting the feel that people are in love with him.

He is the Legend Killer and he has quite a few big legends to killl in this region. Start with Foley probably up first. I believe Orton has to make a strong showing in this region. He's young, athletic, strong, viper like, and hungry. However i dont think he has what it takes to get over Bret Hart but Orton should make a damn good showing for himself, furthering his Legacy.

Will, tell me something, I'm getting quite hazy on these things. How exactly did Edge win his first WWE title? I dunno, that was a while ago now. Well, at least he won the world title fairl-- wait a second...

Shit, I'm debating again, aren't I? Fuck's sake!

WOO! Congratulations on more or less saying that Kurt Angle is just as good as Edge, or rather Edge is just as good as Kurt Angle, either way. Thank you Sam!

Oh, but wait. Tell me again, which one had the gimmick of a heel who was meant to take the Ultimate Opportunity (ie. any cheap advantage to win) and which one was still priding himself on being an Olympic Gold Medalist and talented Wrestler? Ed.. wait, he didn't win any gold medals with a broken fricken neck, why that must've been Kurt "I won't let you forget about 1996" Angle.

Alright, which one made Shawn Michaels tap out at WrestleMania? Now that's improvement.

And that's all you're gonna get. Don't try and seduce me with any more of your crap. You ain't getting any until the time is right again.

I'll get Muta to the final match in Pittsburgh. However, given that he would more than likely have to face Kurt Angle to advance any further, I don't see him getting out of Pittsburgh. But, should he face Dusty Rhodes, I look forward to getting him over and into the finals. Should Jushin Liger not make it into the tournament, I will put all the energy that I would have used to get him over to get Muta over instead.

Now, just to clearify, I'm not saying Angle can't win. I'm just saying, it's not going to be an element that will favor him. We'll have to wait and see who his opponent is.

I cannot agree on this point more . WHETHER angle wins or loses inside hell in a cell depends on who he faces inside the cell.

But a guy that can win a Hell in a cell (opportunistic stealing as it may be) , and who has had his fair share of hardcore matches against opponents of calibre of SAMOA JOE ( inside 6 sides of steel ) , AJ styles ( last man standing ) and abyss ( falls count anywhere) doesnt loose inside a cell unlesss his opponent has a massive advantage of EXPERIENCE inside the confines of a cell over angle.

with guys like undertaker , brock lesnar , HHH , edge, shawn michaels and even chris jericho already drawn to other regions , the only real threat to angles chances is FOLEY who might not advace far because the AGE OF ORTON is lurking right over his head

Ah I said IF Mick gets drawn with someone like Orton at some point he will be beaten, and he will have to go through him to reach the latter stages. If they both get far enough, you have to go Orton over Foley, whatever the match.

I actually said in his campaign thread Orton can't win this, but in a series of one off matches he has every chance of being a dark horse on the level with the Rock. One thing in Orton's favour is everyone seems to be loving him at the moment as he approaches his prime. Anything is possible, it's hotting up nicely.

If it goes with seeding, then we will see Orton v. Foley in a gimmick match. Exactly what gimmick match is drawn will greatly effect the result of that one. However, if the 10-20 seeds are strong, then you can see a possibility for Foley to be eliminated very early on.

Orton himself couldcome unstuck against the Warrior, although I doubt it. The Warrior has far too many detractors, and Orton's currently on awesome form, so people will probably side with him.

Elsewhere in the tournament, I am anticipating a battle of the Harts in the 4th round, because I think Owen will go over Race.

Kurt Angle's path to Round 5 is the one with the least obstruction at that point. The Rock could feasibly lose to Curt Hennig, but I sincerely doubt it.

Ultimately, I see the top three seeds making the last four spaces, with Orton or Foley to take the fourth spot, then probably The Rock against Hart in the section finals.

He defeated him AT WRESTLEMANIA X! This was on the same night, that Bret Hart later became the Heavyweight Champion. Do you realize that on that very note, unofficially, Owen Hart defeated the World Heavyweight Champion!? AT WRESTLEMANIA!

Owen Hart is Bret's worst enemy as far as surprises go. Curt Hennig might be second. But regardless, I will be voting Owen Hart over Bret, if that happens, as Owen deserves it.

I don't think Owen Hart will win in any way, shape or form.. but if Bret v. Owen happens, it'll be the worst possible pre-final's match that Bret could ever have.

I said it in my post, and I'll say it again here. That was New York. Their match-up would be in Calgary. Bret wins, because it's not on a huge stage to put someone over. Owen is a great wrestler, and should be the first threat Bret faces, but I don't think Owen will win.

Orton seems to be getting a lucky break in his bracket, as the Legend Killer is up against two guys that he should walk over easily.

Ah I said IF Mick gets drawn with someone like Orton at some point he will be beaten, and he will have to go through him to reach the latter stages. If they both get far enough, you have to go Orton over Foley, whatever the match.
except one stipulation, the I QUIT match .
There is no legit way of making foley say the words I QUIT.
ROCK cheated by way of sound recording.
FLAIR made foley utter the words by threatening to put MELINA in harms way.

After quite a bit of deliberation as to who I'll be fully backing, and who will be my number one; I went with Randy Orton. Ok, so probably not the most obvious choice. I mean, people like Kurt Angle and Bret Hart obviously seem bigger & better than him, but I feel Orton can really go far. I mean, after his recent push looking at some of his better matches and you can see what I mean.

Orton seems to be getting a lucky break in his bracket, as the Legend Killer is up against two guys that he should walk over easily.

I think you've grown loopy with the image of Randy Orton kicking 50 yr old guys in the head, and RKOing mid-aged Mothers. Bret Hart is more or less a version of Kurt Angle. Kurt Angle, owned, Randy Orton for several months before Angle left for T.N.A.

Orton must definately will NOT be walking over Bret Hart, or having any type of easy go of it at all. If anything, people's take on Randy Orton seems to be about as over hyped as C.M. Punk as a World Champion. He's getting way too much credit, for barely doing anything other than being in the right place, at the right time.

What Legend has Orton actually "killed" that wasn't way beyond their prime? Or out of their element completely?

I think you've grown loopy with the image of Randy Orton kicking 50 yr old guys in the head, and RKOing mid-aged Mothers. Bret Hart is more or less a version of Kurt Angle. Kurt Angle, owned, Randy Orton for several months before Angle left for T.N.A.

Orton must definately will NOT be walking over Bret Hart, or having any type of easy go of it at all. If anything, people's take on Randy Orton seems to be about as over hyped as C.M. Punk as a World Champion. He's getting way too much credit, for barely doing anything other than being in the right place, at the right time.

What Legend has Orton actually "killed" that wasn't way beyond their prime? Or out of their element completely?

At the time, I meant Warrior and Rude.

Now that the brackets have filled out a bit more, I still have Orton and Angle to decide the WWE Region.

Orton will win his bracket. We're all in agreement there. We also all seem to agree on Hart and Angle. The other bracket winner, in my eyes, is Ron Simmons.

Angle should beat Simmons. Great match potential, but it's Angle. I think Orton will beat Hart. Not necessarily in a match. But, there's anti-Hart people around here, while there's no anti-Orton people. It'd be close anyway, and the fan support would push Orton over him.

My vote, goes to Hart, and hopefully it's enough to decide a winner.

The WWE Region has reached the gimmick round stage of round 4, as the action moves to Madison Square Garden for rounds 4 and round 5.

3145878139_6a3cd66c32.jpg

The Garden is the home base for the WWE as far as putting on their big shows, hosting many countless great matches and events throughout its history. An estimated 20,000 wrestling fans can fill this venue, some with a smarky attitude.

mcmahon-vince.jpg

Mr. Vince McMahon is the host for the events of the next two rounds. Will Mr. McMahon allow any of his personal feelings to come to the surface, or will Mcmahon sit back and allow the tournament to unfold.

matches, with a gimmick match still to be determined.
Calgary Finals:
#1. Bret "The Hitman Hart" vs. #8 Harley Race

New York Finals:
#4. Mick Foley vs. #12. the ultimate Warrior

Pittsburgh Finals:
#2. Kurt Angle vs. #10. The Great Muta

Miami Finals:
#3 The Rock vs. #11. Kane

I'm curious to see what gimmick match Hart and Race get because I don't know if they wrestled in gimmick matches other than the ladder or cage match. I guess submission matches count as well.

If Vince is allowed to use his personal feelings to determine the outcome here, we should just have Race, Rock, and Foley all meet in the final. Hart wouldn't stand a chance. I like the potential match ups here.

I've already said that Foley v. Warrior could be the match of this round, only because it takes place in a gimmick environment. Rock v. Kane could be a hell of a match, but I don't think Kane has enough support to make it close. Hart v. Race may be the best "match" of this round, but it will ultimately sway one way or the other, depending on the match type. Angle v. Muta will probably get the most discussion, but hopefully Angle pulls off the win. He'll be great in any match.

Warrior is a money making machine compared to Foley, no way mcMahon stops his progeess here. Truth ++

Warrior is a money making machine compared to Foley, no way mcMahon stops his progeess here. Truth ++
Undertaker is a money making machine, so is the Rock, HHH, and others that Mick Foley has defeated. I'm not saying that Foley should or will go over Warrior is this tournament, I'm just saying your argument is silly, especially when you consider that this is a KAYFABE tournament!

I said it because someone else said McMahon has an influence in the next round, that's all. And yes, this is a kayfabe tournament, so vote Goldberg! :p

Angle, Muta, Foley, Hart, Rock.

The next round of this region is a legends convention to be sure. This region also gave us some massive upsets and close calls (Foley over Warrior by 1 vote, Angle and Muta tied so both advance).

Shocky will post the matches for the next round and the stips soon, but even before that, you have to look at this 5-some and say Angle vs Hart for the WWE Finals. Both men are IWC gods and both have a fair amount of experience with gimmick matches.

Foley is the wild card. I am pretty shocked he got past Warrior, and heading into a round of matches where the gimmicks get a touch more extreme, Foley will have some more working in his favor.

I really like The Rock, but he's going to be outclassed in this round by any of the other 4 men. Rock wasn't known for his gimmick match performances, and the experience card will certainly come into play.

.I really like The Rock, but he's going to be outclassed in this round by any of the other 4 men.

Outclassed? The Rock has beaten Foley in gimmick matches before, how is that him being outclassed? The Rock has beaten Kurt Angle many a time, how is that being him outclassed? Kurt Angle can't make Rocky tap out in a match, and his olympic slam is no use, Rock has kicked out of it before, including right after having his head slammed off a ring pole.

Hart and Angle both have submission finishers, The Rock has rarely tapped. The only one I can remember in a match is from the cripple cross face. The sharpshooter won't work on The Rock, the ankle lock hasn't. I fail to see where The Rock is outclassed.

Outclassed? The Rock has beaten Foley in gimmick matches before, how is that him being outclassed? The Rock has beaten Kurt Angle many a time, how is that being him outclassed? Kurt Angle can't make Rocky tap out in a match, and his olympic slam is no use, Rock has kicked out of it before, including right after having his head slammed off a ring pole.

Hart and Angle both have submission finishers, The Rock has rarely tapped. The only one I can remember in a match is from the cripple cross face. The sharpshooter won't work on The Rock, the ankle lock hasn't. I fail to see where The Rock is outclassed.

Read it again, small rock. I never said Rock has been outclassed by the other men, I am saying he will be outclassed here. He deserves to be here, no question, and if he wins another match I'd not be shocked.

But look at Rock vs Foley. Rock won an "I Quit" match by piping Foley's voice through a loudspeaker. Foley took 13 chair shots and never surrendered to Rock. Foley beat Rock in a Halftime Heat Falls Count Anywhere match. So they are 1-1 in gimmick matches.

The matches will be Hart vs Race vs Foley, and Rock vs Angle. Predictions:

Hart vs Race vs Foley

if a TLC match, Hart wins, edging out Foley.
if a HIAC match, Foley wins, edging out Race.

Rock vs Angle

if a TLC match, Angle wins, barely
if a HIAC match, Angle wins, barely

I don't believe Rock is far inferior to the other four in any way, but it will be hard for him to advance here. I would have rather seen Warrior vs. Hart but I believe Hart will beat Foley and Muta to advance. I don't think that Rock will be outclassed by Angle in the gimmick matches but the Angle forum love is greater than the Rock forum love so I see Angle winning by no more than five votes.

Read it again, small rock.

Hilarious.

I never said Rock has been outclassed by the other men, I am saying he will be outclassed here.

But I don't see why if he has beaten the ones he has faced int he past. I'm sure you have reasons you will bring along in the match ups and I look forward to trying to counter them.

He deserves to be here, no question, and if he wins another match I'd not be shocked.[.quote]

Good. i don't want to hear anything about The Rock losing in a landslide. He wouldn't to anyone. I'm just trying to understand your meaning of "outclassed"

But look at Rock vs Foley. Rock won an "I Quit" match by piping Foley's voice through a loudspeaker. Foley took 13 chair shots and never surrendered to Rock. Foley beat Rock in a Halftime Heat Falls Count Anywhere match. So they are 1-1 in gimmick matches.

They also drew a LMS match and The Rock beat Foley in a ladder match (albeit with help from Big Show), still Foley has his problems.

Rock vs Angle

if a TLC match, Angle wins, barely
if a HIAC match, Angle wins, barely

Rock vs Angle? TLC I may concede, Angle has the slight edge, but HIAC no chance. As I've said, Angle can't put The Rock away. Rock doesn't tap, and the angle slam doesn't put him away. Angle has a pinfall on Rock inside a HIAC though AFTER Rocky had Angle beat, and Austin put Rock away, leaving Rock alone for Angle to pin. I don't see a way Angle can pin The Rock without help.

I'm predicting Muta to win the WWE region now, in a huge upset. He'll go against Angle and The Rock in the semi-finals of this region, and those two will probably end up splitting votes, which bodes well for Muta, as his voting bloc is pretty loyal. If Muta wins this match-up, then he goes into the WWE finals with either Foley or Hart, two opponents that he would have no trouble beating whatsoever. Kayfabe is in Muta's favor more so than for any of these other wrestlers.

Foley vs. Hart:

Either way in this match, I like Mick Foley to win. Mick Foley, for better or worse, is a gimmick match wrestler. Hart came around in an era where that wasn't the norm. Yes, he did well in cage matches and the Iron Man, but his Ladder match is very forgettable. Mick Foley has what it takes to drive the hitman insane, as I can't recall anyone that Hart wrestled that was so unorthodox as Foley. I won't be surprised if Hart wins, but I think both stipulations favor Mick Foley in this match.

Kurt vs. Muta vs. The Rock:
I think if this goes Hell in the Cell, Kurt Angle will be the winner. His experience and win in the only six man Hell in the Cell will bring an advantage to the table here. People remember stuff like that.

If this is a TLC Match, then I tend to go with TDigle, Rock and Angle will split votes, and Muta will get the victory in that match up. Both Angle and Rock have been in Ladder Matches before, with both winning at least one each, so that's why I think there will be a canceling of votes in this match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back