WWE: The New York Sub-Regional

Final Results from the New York Sub-Regional:

Mick Foley vs. Rick Rude: 40-25. Mick Foley manages to keep moving in the tournament.now the Hardcore legend is able to move into the gimmick rounds, where he potentially is unbeatable.

Randy Orton vs. The Ultimate Warrior: 38-48. Call it the Post-Wrestlemania blues for Randy Orton. Orton must have really stunk the joint out to get beat by anti IWC poster boy the Ultimate Warrior.

New York Finals: The action heads to Madison Square Garden in a gimmick match, with #4 Mick Foley vs. #12 The Ultimate Warrior.

I voted against Foley in the last two rounds, because I don't think he's that great of a wrestler. In the gimmick matches however, he'll be a god. Ultimate Warrior will give him the match of a lifetime, but I don't know of any gimmick that would prevent Foley from winning.

This could be the best match of this round...

Foley was lucky to reach the gimmick rounds but he somehow has made it. In normal circumstances against warrior Foley would be beaten but now that its the gimmick rounds it a whole different game with the hardcore legend the favourite.

How is Foley the favorite? He's slow, out of shape, not too strong, and not too smart (as evidenced by the falling off of cages and going through things a lot. His head is messed up). Warrior was unbeatable. He is a much better athlete than Foley. He can take loads more punishment, climb things faster, hit harder, and do everything better than can Foley. Warrior.

not too smart (as evidenced by the falling off of cages and going through things a lot. His head is messed up)
Not too smart? Foley is one of the most intelligent men to ever step foot in a ring. Kayfabe or non kayfabe wise, the man is very smart as evidenced by the fact that he's a multiple time New York Times number one bestselling author and kayfabe wise was a piano prodigy who was also very well read. Mick Foley may be one crazy son of a bitch, but he's not stupid.
. Warrior was unbeatable.
Warrior wasn't unbeatable. He's had a few losses in his career. The man wasn't undefeated. He lost to Rick Rude and to Sgt. Slaughter and to a few others.
He can take loads more punishment
That's very highly debatable. I've never seen Warrior in any match take close to the punishment that Mick Foley's taken at times in some of his matches.

Depending on what type of gimmick match it is, Foley could have a real chance at moving on. As overrated as he was, Warrior was still a powerhouse and is quite probably Foley's superior in every physical way, with the probable exception of being able to simply take a beating. Foley's entire schtick was simply that: he wasn't a great athlete, didn't have a good body, he could just get his ass kicked and keep on coming. Warrior never went up against anybody quite like Foley.

Dude seriously, your ignorance astounds me

How is Foley the favorite?

Maybe because Foley excels in gimmick matches, he'll be in his element, and Warrior hasn't done fuck all in gimmick matches, outside of maybe a cage match here an there

He's slow

A.) he isn't running a fucking race for Christ sake

and B.) he was a bit quicker in his prime perhaps you should maybe do a little research first

, out of shape,

Again not as out of shape as most may think when he was in his prime

not too strong

Where the fuck are your getting your information from, what the fuck are you baseing this off of, his match with Sting at Lockdown? have you watched a match of his that is older than fucking 10 yrs.

and not too smart (as evidenced by the falling off of cages and going through things a lot. His head is messed up).

Again absolute bullshit, look at the guys he's facing in those matches, all that does is prove that Foley can take insane amounts a punishment and still get right back up and keep on fighting

Warrior was unbeatable.

Which explains why he lost:rolleyes:, Nobody is unbeatable, nobody

He is a much better athlete than Foley. He can take loads more punishment, climb things faster, hit harder, and do everything better than can Foley. Warrior.

ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, Warrior can take more punishment than Foley?!?!, are you fucking serious?!?!?, nobody in the history of WWE with the exception of maybe Terry Funk has ever taken as much punishment as Mick Foley, this right here proves you have not done a single ounce of fucking research, nor do you have a fucking clue as to WTF you are even talking about, seriously next time before you post such ridiculous crap do a little bit a research so that you at least come across as having at least some clue of what you are talking about

Er, PYT, have you ever WATCHED a UW match? He is all offense, and totally blown up after about 10 minutes. That is NOT gonna last through an entire 2 out of 3 falls match. He doesnt have near the Stamina to hang in with Foley, a guy who while not being the most cut up, physically impressive looking individuals, has gone through VERY long, brutal matches with some of the WWE's best. Im not sure if Warrior has EVER gone very far over 15 minutes. He wont here. id give the edge to Foley.

Er, PYT, have you ever WATCHED a UW match? He is all offense, and totally blown up after about 10 minutes. That is NOT gonna last through an entire 2 out of 3 falls match. He doesnt have near the Stamina to hang in with Foley, a guy who while not being the most cut up, physically impressive looking individuals, has gone through VERY long, brutal matches with some of the WWE's best. Im not sure if Warrior has EVER gone very far over 15 minutes. He wont here. id give the edge to Foley.

That's because he put his opponents away before that time. Most of his matches were sqaushes. Warrior comes out of the gate strong and doesn't let up until his opponent is on the canvas for the three.

So this will be in a 2 out of three falls? Mick Foley wins.

Ultimate Warrior thrived on an atmosphere where he would only have to be in the ring for 10 minutes. A 2 out of 3 match can last for 40.

That being said, Mick Foley takes the first loss of the match easily. The way I see it is, Mick Foley is in the ring, and Warrior runs in, fuel pumping through his veins, and takes a massive piece out of Foley. Foley goes to recoup outside the ring, and Warrior, like a dumb puppy, follows. Foley, a mastermind in wrestling, takes barbie out from under the ring, and cracks him in the face and gets the disqualification. Foley picks up the pieces back in the ring, locking on Sock-o and getting the submission win. By this time, Warrior, getting the power from the Wrestling Gods, goes to take down Foley, who, despite losing in speed, wins in defense reverses Warriors splash, by getting his knees up. He then rolls Warrior for the three count.

Dude seriously, your ignorance astounds me

Yours does me too, what a turn of events.

Maybe because Foley excels in gimmick matches, he'll be in his element, and Warrior hasn't done fuck all in gimmick matches, outside of maybe a cage match here an there

In a two out of three falls match? So Foley, the gimmick wrestler, will excel in a match that is essentially just three wrestling matches, or maybe even two. I don't think so.

He's also beat Untertaker in bodybag matches. What happened when Foley took on The Undertaker in a gimmick match again? It's rarely replayed on WWE television, so I've forgotten.

A.) he isn't running a fucking race for Christ sake

No, but he's against a fast wrestler.
and B.) he was a bit quicker in his prime perhaps you should maybe do a little research first

But still slower than the Warrior.

Again not as out of shape as most may think when he was in his prime

No, but still in worse shape than the Warrior.

Where the fuck are your getting your information from, what the fuck are you baseing this off of, his match with Sting at Lockdown? have you watched a match of his that is older than fucking 10 yrs.

While I can't speak for 48.7, I have watched Foley's matches as far back as WCW, and he was always slower and weaker than The Ultimate Warrior. Until you show me Foley lift anybody clear over his head, and the strength argument isn't even worth dignifying.

Again absolute bullshit, look at the guys he's facing in those matches, all that does is prove that Foley can take insane amounts a punishment and still get right back up and keep on fighting

Right, it takes a lot to pin him, but he never actually wins those matches does he. He famously took 11 chair shots against the Rock, but he still lost. He lost the hell in a cell against the Undertaker. Sure, he fought on, but he fought on and lost.

Which explains why he lost:rolleyes:, Nobody is unbeatable, nobody

Right, so he lost three times ever in HIGHLY dubious circumstances, so had 48.7 said "he is unbeatable clean" he would have been accurate. I'm not sure there has ever been another wrestler to have gone unbeaten clean ever, even Goldberg lost a couple clean.

ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, Warrior can take more punishment than Foley?!?!, are you fucking serious?!?!?, nobody in the history of WWE with the exception of maybe Terry Funk has ever taken as much punishment as Mick Foley

Right, but the difference is this. Foley gets thrown from a cage and gets up, but then he loses. Ultimate Warrior gets hit by the Tombstone, and stands straight back up and wins. What matches has Foley had where he took a pasting then won on his own? He didn't win the World Title, Steve Austin and DX did. He was out cold the whole time.

, this right here proves you have not done a single ounce of fucking research, nor do you have a fucking clue as to WTF you are even talking about, seriously next time before you post such ridiculous crap do a little bit a research so that you at least come across as having at least some clue of what you are talking about

Have you done any research? We've got a guy who was a face for most of his career and won a few high profile matches against a guy who lost three matches ever, only after multiple run ins. In a hardcore environment, the arguments for Foley are stronger, but here they aren't.

Warrior has never lost to the same guy twice, and avenged two of his three defeats decisively (he eft WCW before he could beat the nWo), and you're seriously expecting a guy who was literally given his biggest win to him on a plate by DX and Austin to beat him twice in one night? It just isn't going to happen.

Not too smart? Foley is one of the most intelligent men to ever step foot in a ring. Kayfabe or non kayfabe wise, the man is very smart as evidenced by the fact that he's a multiple time New York Times number one bestselling author and kayfabe wise was a piano prodigy who was also very well read. Mick Foley may be one crazy son of a bitch, but he's not stupid.

Yeah, because a guy talking to a sock and calling Vince McMahon dad just fucking screams intelligence doesn't it. So what if he's written books, the only Foley character to embrace that intelligence is the one that was a WWE commentator for a few months.

Warrior wasn't unbeatable. He's had a few losses in his career. The man wasn't undefeated. He lost to Rick Rude and to Sgt. Slaughter and to a few others.

If by a few others you mean one, then yes you are right. He lost to Rude because Bobby Heenan interfered, but then later destroyed Rude. He lost to Sgt. Slaughter, because Randy Savage intefered twice and so did Sensational Sherri, and he lost to Hogan when the entire nWo interfered. Foley doesn't have those kind of heelish resources to fall back on, and Warrior avenged those defeats.

That's very highly debatable. I've never seen Warrior in any match take close to the punishment that Mick Foley's taken at times in some of his matches.

If you are talking about 11 chair shots, Foley lost that one. If you are talking about being thrown off the cell, he lost that one too. If you are talking about when Triple H put him through the cell, he lost that one too. All of the matches were Foley takes a lot of punishment, he loses. He loses gallantly, don't get me wrong, but a loss is a loss.

This is a two out of three falls match, so it doesn't have any weapons, and when it comes to wrestling moves, Warrior has taken far more than Foley and still won. When Foley was tombstoned, that was it. When Warrior was, it wasn't even a one-fall. Randy Savage is one of the biggest naes in wrestling history, and Warrior took his finisher 5 times and still won.

Er, PYT, have you ever WATCHED a UW match? He is all offense, and totally blown up after about 10 minutes.

Literally blown up, or literally holding his arms up in celebration after his win.

That is NOT gonna last through an entire 2 out of 3 falls match. He doesnt have near the Stamina to hang in with Foley, a guy who while not being the most cut up, physically impressive looking individuals, has gone through VERY long, brutal matches with some of the WWE's best. Im not sure if Warrior has EVER gone very far over 15 minutes. He wont here. id give the edge to Foley.

While I'm not sure you can hold the fact he wins his matches quickly against him anyway, you're point is flawed. The following are his PPV matches that went on longer than 15 minutes.

Survivor Series 1988 : Sole Survivor 17:51
Summerslam 1989 vs Rick Rude 16:02 (Longest match on the card)
Survivor Series 1989: Sole Survivor 20:28
WrestleMania VI: vs. Hulk Hogan 22:51
WrestleMania VII: vs. Randy Savage 20:58
Summerslam 1992 vs. Randy Savage 28:00

Suffice to say, he won them all.

What that says is, The Warrior didn't often need to fight beyond 15 minutes, but when he did, against the huge names, he won, which is what he should do here.

I honestly can't think of one logical reason why Foley would beat Warrior in a 2 out of 3 match, there's no justification for it. Warrior was pinned three times ever by some of the most legendary heel tacticians ever. He avenged the defeats, and never made the same mistakes again. He has shown time and again that on the odd occaision he's caught off guard, he gets up immediately and kicks arse. Warrior wins this, and it should be 2 straight falls.

Where the fuck are you guys getting that this is a 2 out of the 3 falls match?!?, when the fuck was that announced?!?

The matches where chosen in the Spam Forum. The thread was called Spin the Wheel and make a deal, or something like that.

By the way, I love Mick Foley but he has no chance, especially with this stipualtion. I can hadly see him pinning Warrior once, let alone twice. You never know though, I could be convinced.

Yeah, because a guy talking to a sock and calling Vince McMahon dad just fucking screams intelligence doesn't it. So what if he's written books, the only Foley character to embrace that intelligence is the one that was a WWE commentator for a few months.
I disagree. I think Foley always showed his intelligence. He's just fuckin' nuts. That doesn't mean he's not intelligent though. You can be crazy and still be very intelligent. Take Dr. Mengele for instance, he's one of the most twisted son of bitches this world has ever seen, but that doesn't mean the man wasn't intelligent.

Foley was always portrayed as someone who was intelligent. If you go back and watch Mankind's interviews with JR (the ones that he's famous for) you'll see JR mention that Foley is "very well read" after Foley quotes Shakespeare I believe it was. Also Foley was a gifted piano player as a child (kayfabe) and is a New York Times number one bestselling author. Foley may be nuts, deranged, screwed up in the head etc., but he's not stupid.

If by a few others you mean one, then yes you are right. He lost to Rude because Bobby Heenan interfered, but then later destroyed Rude. He lost to Sgt. Slaughter, because Randy Savage intefered twice and so did Sensational Sherri, and he lost to Hogan when the entire nWo interfered. Foley doesn't have those kind of heelish resources to fall back on, and Warrior avenged those defeats.
Just playing devils advocate here, because I actually believe that Warrior should go over, now that I know that the stip is two out of three falls. He had those kinds of "heelish resources" to defeat the Undertaker in a buried alive match back in 1996. Just playing devil's advocate.

I disagree. I think Foley always showed his intelligence. He's just fuckin' nuts. That doesn't mean he's not intelligent though. You can be crazy and still be very intelligent. Take Dr. Mengele for instance, he's one of the most twisted son of bitches this world has ever seen, but that doesn't mean the man wasn't intelligent.

So we're resorting to Nazism are we? Alright, but I don't think that Mankind was ever seen as some sort of crazy genius though was he? I mean I don't think he ever outsmarted anybody in the ring, as it were. Not that the Warrior has either, but he's never made errors in judgement like Mankind. The classic one being trying to start the match on top of the cell against the Undertaker.
Foley was always portrayed as someone who was intelligent. If you go back and watch Mankind's interviews with JR (the ones that he's famous for) you'll see JR mention that Foley is "very well read" after Foley quotes Shakespeare I believe it was. Also Foley was a gifted piano player as a child (kayfabe) and is a New York Times number one bestselling author. Foley may be nuts, deranged, screwed up in the head etc., but he's not stupid.

See the above point. He may not be an idiot, but he has certainly made mistakes in judging his opponents.

Just playing devils advocate here, because I actually believe that Warrior should go over, now that I know that the stip is two out of three falls. He had those kinds of "heelish resources" to defeat the Undertaker in a buried alive match back in 1996. Just playing devil's advocate.

Yeah, but the thing with that is is that the guys who ran in were doing it because they wanted to get rid of the Undertaker, not because they like Foley. He's never really been part of a cohesive unit of heels.

As Tastycles will often point out, Warrior lost 3 times in his whole career and each time was by interference. Basically he was hard to pin. Now Foley has to pin him twice in the same match? This isnt happening.

Foley was hard to pin too dont get me wrong, but the record books show that he loses quite often, unlike Warrior. Foley might get a token pin to keep up suspense but this match is all Warriors.

In a two out of three falls match, I have to give it to the Warrior unfortunately. It's not a hardcore environment, no weapons, no thumbtacks, no barb wire bats, basically just a straight forward wrestling match where you have to beat the guy twice rather than once. Foley's greatest advantages have been the fact that he can take a helluva lot and that he doesn't mind taking a helluva lot. Even though this won't come down to a hardcore match, Warrior is still going to have a time keeping Foley down. Most of Warrior's offense will be based on right hands, clotheslines, body slams and flying shoulder tackles, which isn't anything that Foley won't be able to handle.

Warrior, I think, would take the first fall fairly quickly. After that, Foley would manage to get it in gear and, after a big effort on his part, takes the second one with something along the lines of a roll up or double arm DDT. By the third fall, I'd say both are gonna be pretty tired. By this time, a few gorilla press/splash combos from the Warrior will probably seal the deal. I don't think one would keep Foley down, but I think he would go down eventually in this.

how the hell did foley beat warrior? that is unbelievable. ive never really seen much of warrior, but id like to think ive seen enough of Foley, and while I love him, he lost a lot. which cant be said about Warrior. That is really shocking. There were at least two other draws I've seen though, which should make for a very interesting next round.

Foley winning over the Warrior, by only one vote no less, has to be the upset of the round. I've never been a fan of the Warrior, he was a no talent hack that made it entirely because of his physical look. That being said, he was built into this near unbeatable machine in the late 80s and very early 90s and, by all rights, should have won this match. Outside of a hardcore environment, I could never see Foley getting the best of the Warrior.

Now, that being said, I couldn't be more delighted to see Foley move on. I didn't vote for him, but I'm happy he got by in the round. In what I figured would be a certain blow out, it seems that there are a lot of others that also feel the Warrior is completely overrated.

how the hell did foley beat warrior? that is unbelievable. ive never really seen much of warrior, but id like to think ive seen enough of Foley, and while I love him, he lost a lot. which cant be said about Warrior. That is really shocking. There were at least two other draws I've seen though, which should make for a very interesting next round.

It's a wonderfull little thing called internet hate.

Foley winning over the Warrior, by only one vote no less, has to be the upset of the round.

I'd say the upset of the round was Warrior beating Orton when you consider the voters, you see, people were voting against Warrior for no other reason than he's The Ultimate Warrior and he sucks apparently. So to get him past the smark darling that is Orton was the upset, the Foley loss was predictable.

I've never been a fan of the Warrior, he was a no talent hack that made it entirely because of his physical look.

The guy got over in his first ever televised match, it was a squash match and people decided that they liked this dude, no one gets over just by their look, ask Chris Masters. This isnt me being bitter, this is me trying to prove that the guy was good, after all, that is the point of Wrestlezone.

[youtube]v=IzlbEMMV3Wc[/youtube]

That being said, he was built into this near unbeatable machine in the late 80s and very early 90s and, by all rights, should have won this match. Outside of a hardcore environment, I could never see Foley getting the best of the Warrior.

Well, I agree with you, that being said Foley vs Hart should be interesting, I might vote Foley because it'll be a gimmick round and if he can beat Ultimate Warrior he can beat anybody.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back