Rikidozan vs. Sabin

• Rikidozan

• Sabin

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes palce in the WWE Region under WWE Rules from Long Island, NY.

#29. Rikidozan
300_116179.jpg

vs.

#36. Chris Sabin
chris_sabin1.jpg

Rikidozan by far. He's the undisputed father of Japanese wrestling and a folk hero over there. Sabin is ok but nothing great. He's never going to be a megastar but he's not bad. I've always loved the Cradle Shock, but he's in way over his head here. Rikidozan in the epitome of a walk.

Sabin is good but not good enough to beat Rikidozan. He's a legend in Japan and he will be too much for Sabin to overcome as Rikidozan takes this match.

One of the all time greats against one of TNA's current undercard. I enjoy the MCMG, but he's in way over his head here and Rikidozan will saunter past him and into the next round for a potentially close one with Foley. I say potentially close, it won't be but it should be.

Interested fact: Lou Thesz used to use a move that was essentially the cradle shock (non pinning and with an aeroplane spin built it). He tried it on Dozan during their second encounter, but the big man reversed it and sent both men tumbling over the top rope to the floor.

If he can reverse it from Lou Thesz, he can reverse it from Chris Sabin. Not to mention that Chris Sabin is pretty American, and Dozan's speciality was knocking off Americans.

Of course, the legend wins this without contest anyway... I just felt like making a post.

Rikidozan takes the win easily.Sabin is ok on a good day.Rikidozan has the size and strenght advantage here and he is a legend.He has more experience that sabin so i think that sabin will lose this match and let Rikidozan move on.

Rikidozan would win. He's bigger and stronger than Sabin. I like Sabin better, but
Rikidozan's size ans strength would just be too much for Chris to handle. Sabin would get in some highflyer moves but in the end Rikidozan would pull out the win.

This should be a 32-1 drumming. Last year, maybe it was 30-3, but Sabin has fallen off and is even backing up Alex Shelley. Rikidozan was beyond legendary. Sabin is a hell of a talent, no question, but this is an old schooler absolutely squashing the 26-year old kid. No biggie, Sabin's got a great future ahead of him if he breaks out of the tag ranks as he's shown he is capable of.

Chris Sabin is an incredible bore. The guy is the very definition of Vanilla Midget. Flashy as all hell, but no substance whatsoever. I can't say I'm an expert of Rikidozan, hell, I coul dprobably count the matches I've seen on one hand, but it's more then enough to get him the vote here. Chris Sabin sucks,a nd I have yet to see anything remotely entertaining out of the guy

Chris Sabin probably has the least charisma of any wrestler I've ever seen. He's going up against freakin Rikidozan and I don't see how Sabin should get even one vote.

I like Chris Sabin, but as a tag wrestler. He has a bright singles career ahead of him, but he's obviusly not ready. Rikidozan is going to win this, and hopefully knock off Foley in the next round. He'll let Sabin get in some offense, and make it one hell of a fun match, but he'll eventually get bored and end it quickly.

I'll go with the father of puroresu over the lesser half of The Motor City Machine Guns any day. I never say never, but I don't think Sabin has a snowball's chance in hell of ever touching Rikidozan's accomplishments, even though it seems like he had a bright future ahead of him.

Pick: Rikidozan

Rikidozan is probably about as big as any professional wrestler could even hope to be. It's all the more impressive since he's a folk hero in Japan and he was Korean. Legend is an overly used term in wrestling in general, but it most definitely and legitimately applies to Rikidozan. Sabin is fast, athletic and flashy but...eeehhhh. Sabin's just out of his league on this. He'll pull off some pretty good moves, but he doesn't have what it takes to get the job done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back