Bourne vs. Kendrick

• Bourne Identity

• The Better Half of Londrick

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place in the WWE region under WWE Rules from Miami, Fl.

#30. Evan "Air" Bourne
evan-bourne.jpg

vs.

#35. THE Brian Kendrick
brinew.jpg

Air Spanky is a great tag team waiting to happen. They're both fast, and both have loads of talent.

The difference is, Bourne is showcasing his, and his climbing up the card, while Kendrick isn't, and hasn't had a decent match since last summer. It'll help that Bourne just returned from injury, so he's all over WWE TV, but I'd vote for him anyway.

Beautiful Shooting Star Press to get the win after a fast-paced 7 or 8 minute match.

Brian Kendrick was a nobody for years then he had a three week push, and now he can't even get into money in the bank. Evan Bourne is one of the most over people in ECW, and I think if they bother with an ECW match at mania at all, he's in line for it.

Bourne has beaten Miz, who is probably around the same level as Kendrick was in his two week peak. I think Bourne will win here, but after a close match, with a Shooting Star Press.

For the record, I'm not one of the people using the argument that the Shooting Star Press is the best thing since Sliced Bread, or even better than Sliced Bread. What I am arguing is that Bourne has been booked consistantly as one of the main players on ECW, while Kendrick screwed up his chance, and now loses quite routinely.

Would be a great high flying match and TBK would have Big Zeke in his corner, but the big fella would only stand and watch as Bourne's superior athleticism wins him the match. Beautiful shooting star press, as always, ends the match.

During The big push of THE Brian Kendrick over the Summer, guess who he beat. Yes, Jeff Hardy. Not only that but he did it with ease. A couple of months later Hardy was champion. He's smart (check out the battle royal in which he got into the Scramble match), he's just as much of a high flyer as Bourne (ROH), he was over before WWE stopped pushing him (it's only a matter of time before WWE get bored of Bourne) etc.

Kendrick is also a former WWE Champion.

Brian Kendrick is BY FAR the superior worker here, and should definitely go over this overrated, generic piece of shit. When I look at someone like Bourne, I just think to myself, "God, it sucks this guy is getting a push." And the reason it sucks is because guys like Kendrick are LOADS better then him in EVERY aspect of pro wrestling. In-ring work? Check. Charisma? Check. Promo ability. Big time check. Look? Check.

Kayfabe wise, there's no way Bourne would defeat Spanky in ROH, the indies or Japan, and there's no way he would defeat Kendrick now in WWE considering Zenk or whatever his name is is in his corner.

Kendrick has accomplished nothing in his WWE run other than an epic tag title reign that no one either remembers or cares about, and being "full of potential." Bourne could easily be ECW Champion very soon. Kendrick will be lucky to be the US Champion ever. Kendrick is the one that keeps getting in trouble and depushed because he can't stay off pot. Why should I give him the win here?

Kendrick. He's the better worker than Bourne and while Bourne is entertaining, he can slip up one time and Kendrick would take advantage of that. Kendrick was a great tag team champion and he did beat Hardy last year. Also, the Ezekiel factor will help Kendrick beat Bourne.

Right now, Evan Bourne is better than The Brian Kendrick. Kendrick had a good three weeks, but that was it. Nothing came of it. After that, he went back to jobbing. Evan Bourne hardly ever loses matches. While he hasn't beaten a big opponent, yet, The Brian Kendrick is not a big opponent. Evan Bourne would win, even if I prefer Kendrick.

Kendrick and Bourne are basicaly the same wrestler. They both do flips and spinny kicks. But there's two things that give Kendrick the advantage. Kendrick has charisma, and Kendrick has Zeke. You can say Bourne is great all you want, but I've never seen an ounce of charisma from him. Kendrick on the other hand oozes charisma, anyone remember Spanky? Then you get to Zeke. If Bourne tries to fly Big Zeke would just knock him off the ropes. So there goes Bourne's best quality. In the end it would be a good match, but Kendrick would win in the end via Zeke interfereing.

Honestly, it doesn't matter who wins this match, beceause both are going to get creamed by the Rock. I don't know how anyone could vote for Bourne, Sydal, whatever, the guy hasn't done anything, at all, remotely successful as a singles wrestler. The guy is green. I think people are voting based on potential. At least Kendrick has sniffed a major title and actually has an unrecognized length of time being WWE champion in the WWE scramble match last year. Sydal can't get on a card to face Swagger for the ECW title.

The Brian Kendrick is an amazing wrestler, incredible in tag teams, and has cut some of the best promos I've seen in a long time. Sadly, he's low on the card. CCS and Lawler and probably people later on say that Zeke'll help Kendrick win. This has a ref, guys. Zeke would disqualify him.

Evan "Air" Bourne. This guy works wonders in the ring. He glides through the air and preforms all his moves swiftly and smoothly.He performs one of the most beautiful Shooting Star Presses in quite a while. This guy has some talent.

Sydal can't get on a card to face Swagger for the ECW title.

This is yet to be seen, Shocky. He's been out for a while. That's not his fault.

Now I need to take a crack at CCS.

Kendrick and Bourne are basicaly the same wrestler. They both do flips and spinny kicks.

Then you have also implied that Jeff Hardy is also the same as them.

Kendrick has charisma,

How does that help him in-ring? Besides, Bourne has just as much.

and Kendrick has Zeke.

Like I said, there's a ref.

This would definitely be an amazing match, with plenty of top-rope action, kicking, spinning, and jumping, but Evan Bourne would pull it out in the end.

This is would be a fun, fast, energetic, high flying match. Both guys are quick in the ring and can excite the fans. I got Bourne here, as I think he is better than TBK and in a fun 10 minute or so match, Bourne gains control and hits the SSP and gets the W.

I've changed my mind. I initially said Bourne, and not having seen Unforgiven last year, I assumed Kendrick's success in the match was down to Ezeikel Jackson, but in this instance he did it by himself.

So, based on the fact that Bourne has yet to fight with the big names, and Kendrick held his own in a match with Hardy and HHH, I am going to go with Kendrick. To be honest, it doesn't matter either way, because the Rock won't lose here.

Yeah thats basically what I said about the winner of this match being irrelevant, I'd still vote Kendrick though, he has at least held his own against big names whereas Bourne was getting owned by Kane simply to build up the Kane/Rey fued.

These two are great talent but the difference is that Bourne is getting the valuable push & gets to showcase the talent that he has while The Kendrick is screwing up backstage & is heading for jobber status.

Evan Bourne gets the win here with The Shooting Star Press.

Evan Bourne is winning this match!? That's a great surprise. Nobody liked or cared about Kendrick when he was teaming up with Paul London. Despite having countless good and consistant matches on Smackdown, the IWC refused to recognise this just like they do for almost every good babyface in the company.

After he turns heel a few months later, I see people saying this guy deserves to win the WWE Championship. This was the exact same guy they didn't give a shit about just a few months prior to this. Typical IWC. So he has a 3 week push, gets caught with pot again and is pushed down the card. While Evan Bourne is a superb entertainer, gets the crowd behind him, has a good look and is more likely to succeed than The Brian Kendrick.

This guy was teaming alongside Rey Mysterio just months after debuting. He has a lot of potential and is already better than what Kendrick will ever be. Kendrick has been in the company for a long damn time, and his biggest accomplishment is getting into the WWE Championship scramble match, a match where he had absolutely no realistic chance of winning. Bourne wins this.

While Bourne is good, he's just too green at this point. People complain about Kendrick's lack of push, but I don't see him being jobbed into low card status either. The WWE obviously has something planned for him in the future, whether it be a tag title reign or a US title reign. Bourne is a mid card wrestler on the C brand show, while The Brian Kendrick is a mid card wrestler on the B brand show. At this point Kendrick has more credibility built up then Bourne does. Kendrick has pinned a major opponent and has been in the main event scene, things that Bourne has yet to accomplish. Potential aside, I don't think that Bourne would get a victory over Kendrick, especially if you were to go back in time half a year ago when Kendrick was a contender for the WWE title.

Winner Kendrick

Evan Bourne, his work in japan as matt sydal is quite impressive and he has quite an arsenel, both in the air and on the ground. The Kendrick apparanently can't win with out either a tag partner or a big bodyguard to run around and look after him , and since neither would be allowed near the ring i think Bourne will whip something out of his unique arsenel and then finish with a beautiful SSP

Even though Bourne is going to win this. I still vote for Kendrick, hes been in the main event of a WWE PPV, and held his own. It should be clear that he goes over Bourne.

Look at it this way. When were both at their peak? For arguments sake we'll go with late 2008. Both faced off against the Hardy brothers. One faced and beat Jeff, the other faced and lost to Matt. Which is the bigger star/tougher opponent? That would be Jeff, right? Well shit, Kendrick beat him. Bourne lost to Matt. Simples.

Yeah The Brian Kendrick is also shown to be smarter than Evan Bourne, and in an even match I give the edge to the heel who won't have any qualms about cheating to win.

This would be a great match, and I hope we get to see it someday soon in the WWE. I love both of these guys, and, as was previously stated, they wrestle very similar styles. Bourne focuses on his jumping ability and we see this in his kicks, hurricanranas from anywhere, and the SSP. Kendrick focuses on the kicks, and not as much on the flying. He performs so many different kicks from anywhere, and they all lead to Sliced Bread / The Kendrick. Like I said, I am a huge fan of both guys so I will not vote, but there is no bad choice here. Also, as much as I hate to say it, whoever wins will lose next round so I will watch from the sidelines for this one.

There is just no justification for Bourne winning this when he's done absolutely nothing of note yet. Kendrick was half of one of the best tag teams of the decade and an unnofficial WWE champion. His push stopping is no reflection on the guys talent and if he didnt win this on his own, Zeke would finish Bourne off.
Granted in a few years this may be a different result but potential doesn't mean s**t. Kendrick pinned Jeff Hardy twice, who has Bourne beaten?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back