WWE Miami, Round 2, Match 1: #3 The Rock vs. #30 Evan Bourne

The Rock vs. Evan Bourne

• Rocky Balboa

• Jason Bourne

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takesp lace in the WWE Regin, under basic WWE Rules, from Miami, Fl.

#3. The Rock
TheRock1.jpg

vs.

#30. Evan "Air" Bourne
evan-bourne.jpg

Bourne is one of my current favorites as he's just fun to watch, but damn he's destroyed here. Rock is a legend and would land a perfect rock bottom and elbow combination after cracking some jokes.

The Rock will win this match as either Rocky Maivia, the Nation leader, the Scorpion King, the guy from Doom, or the quarterback from The Game Plan.

This is one of the best pure athletes in wrestling. He had the size, the speed, and the ability to match move for move with anyone in the game.

I grant the Bourne fans this.... The Rock has never faced someone quite like Evan Bourne. Bourne is arguably the fastest wrestler in the tournament. But at this point, that's the only advantage that he has.

The Rock has won multiple world titles, and as it looks, Evan has yet to win a meaningful individual title.

You have to go with the Rock in this one.

Evan Bourne or Matt Sydal is simply overmatched by the People's Champion. The Rock is as agile a big man as they get and Bourne would be grounded quickly by some stiff right hands, a Rock Bottom from the top rope, and a People's Elbow to finish it.

The Rock says...The Rock says he moves on in under 5 minutes.

How can you not go with Rocky here? Evan Bourne is VERY good, but is to young, and new to beat a legend, and one of the greatest ever. Rocky wins with a huge rock bottom, and a peoples elbow.

the rock has beaten hulk hogan, and he'd lay evan bourne out all across the country. Defeating the rock is no cake walk, and evan bourne would fail miserably.

Bourne is very very quick but that won't stop The Rock. There is nothing Bourne could do to make The Rock lie down long enough to hit the SSP. The Rock is on a roll after his unanimous victory in round one and his momentum carries on into the next round where he will get a first test.

While this won't be a squash and Bourne will be the quickest competitor Rock has ever faced, Bourne won't have enough in his arsenal to put The Great One away.

The Rock is legendary, Bourne is incredibly quick and fun to watch but a few right hands the Rock bottom and the peoples elbow and its over a quick squash.

The Rock takes this, hands down. The Rock will go down as one of the biggest stars in the history of the business, and with good reason. I think Bourne could have a bright future, but nothing that he's shown me thus far proves that he could hang with the Rock. Tough luck for him, the kid just gotta really bad draw.

The Rock is far too good for this to be an even contest. Evan Bourne's good at the high-flying stuff, but he's yet to prove himself on a big level, whereas The Rock is one of the greatest wrestlers of all time, in his home promotion, in his home town, this will be no problem for The Rock.

There is very little to be said here. Evan Bourne is great to watch, but he hasn't won any of his matches against established people like John Morrison and Matt Hardy, and those guys have absolutely nothing whatsoever on the Rock. Rock wins easily here.

Like everyone else has said, Bourne is fun to watch. But, that doesn't make him a great wrestler. Rock was fun to watch, but was a damn good wrestler. As Rocky Maivia, he was able to fly just as well as anyone else at the time, and it's not like he's a slow, lumbering monster. It'll be a fun match, and go down to the wire, but I think it ends with a People's Elbow following a missed Shooting Star Press.

The Rock wins this one here. But Evan Bourne will give him a battle. Bourne is great to watch and I think he would compete with Rock. Kind of like the kid that has no shot of beating the legend, yet he holds his own, and just when you think he has the chance to win and you are on the edge of your seat, they take that hope from you. I see a long, hard fought match. I see Bourne getting Rock in position for the SSP, only for the dream to be tarnished, as Rock moves out of the way and plants Bourne with a Rock Bottom. Rock wins, Bourne steals the show and gets a standing O for his efforts.

The Great one slaps the taste out of Bournes mouth here. Rocky takes this one very very easily. I mean what has Bourne done? Delievered a few nice Shooting Star Presses. Rock Bottom, Peoples Elbow its all over quickly.

The Rock main evented Wrestlemania's, held the WWE championship several times during the companies biggest boom period, and was the people's champ! Aside from performing a few fancy moves what has Evan Bourne ever done? Rocky wins this match every time.

Bourne is fast as they come and has tricks Rock's never seen. He's throw Rock off for a good 10-15 minutes, methinks. Rock would get him and handle him in due time though. Chalk this up to a Rock victory.

Unlike other guys from the Attitude Era, (cough, Austin, Cough Triple H) The rock wouldn't be afraid to work with a guy like Bourne, and grasp, put the kid over or at least make it look like the kid could have a shot at winning. That's the difference between the Rock and most others in his spot, the Rock is selfless.

However, Bourne isn't good enough to beat the rock. Unfortunately, I can't see his career being much more then a flash in the pan in the WWE, as Vince won't let this cruiserweight continue to wrestle that style for too much longer. Bourne is athletically sound, but the Rock is simply better.

Ouch. Evan Bourne's an incredibly entertaining wrestler, and he's someone that I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot of for the next few years, but he's simply out of his league right now in a match like this - especially in WWE territory.

The Rock has a height advantage, a strength advantage, the experience, the credentials...pretty much everything over Bourne, except for versatility and speed. However, The Rock isn't a lumbering slow guy like Big Daddy V, so the speed thing isn't that much of a factor in the long run, and while Bourne may be able to think of odd counters and stuff, that won't be enough to pull out a win here.

Bourne gets a couple of really good shots in there, but in the end, will wind up getting caught mid-air, followed by a Rock Bottom and the 3-count. Three years from now, it'll be interesting to see how perspectives may change, but right now, The Rock has this down with no doubt whatsoever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back