The Slyfox Breakdown - WWE Region

Slyfox696

Excellence of Execution
1st Round Upsets

#40 Konnan over #25 Umaga
#34 Bob Orton over #31 Yuji Nagata
#35 Brian Kendrick over #30 Evan Bourne
#43 Shane McMahon over #22 Nick Bockwinkle

WWE Bracket Winner: #1 Bret “The Hitman” Hart – If he can get past Owen, I see no reason for him to not win.

Best Cinderella possibility (#20 seed or lower) - #26 Samoa Joe - Very friendly sub-regional, if he gets past Dusty Rhodes, look out.

First Top Ten seed to be out - #7 Dusty Rhodes to #26 Samoa Joe – I think New School will overtake Old School.

1st Round Match to Watch: #30 Evan Bourne vs. #35 Brian Kendrick - Keep your eyes on Evan Bourne vs. Brian Kendrick as it should be a very fast paced match, with both men having something to prove.

1st Round Match to avoid: #19 Ron Simmons vs. # 46 Bad News Brown – If they can get a passable match off, it will be a minor miracle.

The Breakdown:

In all honesty, this is Bret Hart’s bracket to lose. The sub-regional is in his backyard, his stiffest competition in sub-regional will be his vastly overrated brother, and he is the IWC Golden Boy. Watch out for Samoa Joe making noise in this tournament, as there are many people who believe that Joe is currently God’s gift to wrestling. If both Hart and Angle don’t make it to the Final Four of the region, I’ll be very surprised. There’s quite a bit of international flavor in this region, it’s just unfortunate that very few of them will make it out of the first round.

1st Round Upsets

#40 Konnan over #25 Umaga
#34 Bob Orton over #31 Yuji Nagata
#35 Brian Kendrick over #30 Evan Bourne
#43 Shane McMahon over #22 Nick Bockwinkle

Upsets as in Bockwinkle should go over Shane McMahon, but won't? Because Shane beating him wouldn't surprise me at all. People love him, for reasons unknown to me.

Kendrick vs. Bourne could go either way. I think Evan invented that newfangled move called, I think, the Shooting Star Press. I sure haven't see that move before.......in WWE.....since 2004. And Kendrick is your typical, grounded, WWE Cruiserweight.

In a match between Konnan & Umaga there would be some comment about slurping sausages, and one Samoan Spike later it'd all be over. But is Konnan WZ's favorite biggot, that's the real question here.

Upsets as in Bockwinkle should go over Shane McMahon, but won't? Because Shane beating him wouldn't surprise me at all. People love him, for reasons unknown to me.
Yes, upsets being a lower seed over a higher seed. I agree with your position about Shane as well, as he's never really done anything of quality.

Assuming that the staff here holds some sway over how people vote, I don't see Shane McMahon going over Bockwinkle. Although Bockwinkle's best days were in the AWA (an organization that I thought was, frankly, horrible), he's just too big of a name to lose to someone whose greatest asset is having extraordinary "ups" for someone of his weight and size. Furthermore, I find it hard to believe that Bob Orton will go over Nagata, unless people confuse Bob Orton with Randy Orton.

Assuming that the staff here holds some sway over how people vote, I don't see Shane McMahon going over Bockwinkle. Although Bockwinkle's best days were in the AWA (an organization that I thought was, frankly, horrible), he's just too big of a name to lose to someone whose greatest asset is having extraordinary "ups" for someone of his weight and size. Furthermore, I find it hard to believe that Bob Orton will go over Nagata, unless people confuse Bob Orton with Randy Orton.
I think Bob Orton will go over on name recognition alone. Japanese wrestlers tend to not fare well in these tournaments, and Bob Orton Jr. was a fine wrestler in his own right.

I think Bob Orton will go over on name recognition alone. Japanese wrestlers tend to not fare well in these tournaments, and Bob Orton Jr. was a fine wrestler in his own right.

But, wasn't Nagata one of the Japanese wrestlers that spent some time in WCW during the Ratings Wars of the late 1990s? I would think that, if anything, he would be more recognizable than Bob Orton to newer fans. But, I'll wait and see what happens.

Nagata and Chono were both in the WCW during the 90's. And, that's partly why no one knows them. They had their segments, and people were definitely watching, but there was much bigger things going on than the next guy that Sonny Onoo was managing.

Orton is known because of his son, so it'll help him, but it's not like he was horrible in the ring. He's had more than a few good matches in his career. If Shane does win over Bockwinkel, then the tournament is a sham.

Shane only did anything because his daddy ran the company. He wasn't good, and his "shuffling" won't win him any matches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back