WWE General Complaints Thread

Should we complain?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Eh, aside from Finley getting fired, and Randy Orton losing a role is a shit movie, I don't think the WWE product has been effect by their relationship with the military. I do think both those decisions were stupid tho.

What'd I really like to see is the WHC be either scrapped or actually booked like a world title. The WHC is mostly held by midcarders who aren't big enough draws to main event PPV's and aren't booked like true world champions.

On that same note, the WWE needs to elevate some people. Cena is the #1 guy in the company and Punk is #2, but the gap between them is huge. I can't remember the WWE ever being this short on star power.

First off, the WWE does cater more to their core fans than it does to the military. Having basically one show to honor the military isn't bending over backwards.

I agree with reducing the number of PPVs, but not to 8, but to at most 6, although I'm personally in favor of 4. This gives the WWE more time to build feuds and storylines between PPVs. Look at the build up they had with Cena and the Rock. Look at the build up they usually do between the Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania. More build up makes more people interested.

As far as the brands go, I would like to see them completely separated. Have RAW and Smackdown be under the WWE name, but have them completely separate except for PPVs. Then you have Superstars and NXT. Make Superstars a RAW show and make NXT a smackdown show where basically display the younger talent that are too good for FCW, but not quite ready for RAW or Smackdown. And those two places could also continue to be used as places for those currently at the main rosters, who just do wrestle on either show, for example Hawkins and Reks.

1 Cut down on the number of ppvs. 12 or 13 are just way too many ppvs a year. The magic number should be 8. The four big ones and four other ppvs that you bring around every couple of years so they don't become stale such as TLC, King of the Ring, Halloween Havoc and War Games..

I think 12 is the perfect ammount of pay per views in my mind, 1 a month, its when you have a ppv within 2 weeks of each other that there is a problem.

2 Stop bending over for the military. I don't understand why WWE wastes so much time doing shows and special events for the military. Most of the military guys aren't even WWE fans. The same guys cheering for Cena and Punk would cheer for Bob Hope if he was giving them the time of day. WWE should focus more on the core fans like myself than a bunch of high school drop outs. .

yea because being in the military means you dont like wrestling :rolleyes: its a way to reach out to a broader audience as well as give back to the millitary, as for the high school drop outs comment, there are many MANY high school graduates in the military.

3 Combine the brands. Even if WWE combines the brands they could still be different. Raw could be the A show where Smackdown would feature the mid and lower card.

yea... lets make smackdown superstars :rolleyes: I agree with combining the brands, they are combined pretty much as it is. but it needs to feature as many top level talent as RAW

1.) Separate the brands better, as though SmackDown's main event guys appearing on RAW is probably good for ratings, it's taken away so much time from the mid-card.

2.) Stop pushing random big men. Like fucking seriously. Every year, sometimes more than once within a year, they get behind some big guy, maybe put a mid-card strap on him, and then just stop giving a shit. Like Ezekiel Jackson. Then they almost did it with Mason Ryan. Now they're doing it with Ryback, though I have to say, out of those three men he at least seems pretty competent. And actually aggressive. A dozen clotheslines and scoop slams is not aggressive, Jackson.

3.) Return NXT to television as a separate brand with an "NXT Heavyweight Championship." A third show functions so much better as a separate brand, as instead of time-wasting challenges, they're actually honing their craft by performing as wrestlers in real angles with similar frameworks as what they'd experience on RAW or SmackDown. They're essentially doing that now on NXT Redemption, only without a title and they're still on WWE.com exclusively.

4.) Let the women who can can, and let the women who can't get the fuck out or work as valets. Beth Phoenix, Natalya, Layla and Awesome Kong are all competent workers. Kelly Kelly isn't the worst of the bunch, but the rest are useless. Oh, and keep AJ, because fuck yeah. She's green, but she has potential and just looks SOOOOOOO CUTE!

5.) Better emphasis on the tag team division. Honestly, if any title needs to be unified it's the mid-card championships. Almost at any given time at least one of them is being booked poorly. The last time both champions had solid storylines was when Ryder was still US Champion. Unify the mid-card titles and let those who the WWE doesn't plan to push toward those straps compete as tag teams. Joint gimmick tag teams are a plus, but if you have two solid workers with nothing going on, might as well put them in a tag team. AND LET THOSE TAG TEAM MATCHES BE AWESOME! Tag team divisions don't always need great storylines. Just do a solid match each week. Then at pay-per-views you don't need to limit yourself to just two teams. Multi-team tag matches are fucking sweet, mainly because the tag teams are usually composed of awesomely athletic dudes. Let them essentially be the cruiserweight division, getting over not through promos and angles, but just by having sick matches. SICK FUCKING MATCHES! Tag matches are EXCITING, even if one team member sucks. They're fucking easy as hell to book. Do it, WWE. Just do it.

2 Stop bending over for the military. I don't understand why WWE wastes so much time doing shows and special events for the military. Most of the military guys aren't even WWE fans. The same guys cheering for Cena and Punk would cheer for Bob Hope if he was giving them the time of day. WWE should focus more on the core fans like myself than a bunch of high school drop outs.

WWE has always likened itself to a slice of Americana. And nothing is more "American" (or perhaps, "Amurican") than the armed forces. To cut out Tribute to the Troops and other things the WWE does that is armed-forces related would be a large detriment to its connection with more conservative, midwestern, GOP supporting fans. At least that is the demographic around here that is largely pro-military, and it is a large demographic at that.

OP, if you want to call out American culture for the way we deify the military, then by all means, do it. I'll listen. I'm not going to condemn you for criticizing the military. Go make a thread in the Bar Room. But to say that WWE should cut out its military support is extensively ignorant from a marketing perspective in and of itself.

We are talking about improving the Product here. I fail to understand how the WWE paying tribute to our troops takes away from the product. I think that is one of the best things the WWE does. I love their appreciation for our people fighting forour freedom and the work they do with make a wish.

Now onto thing I think would improve the product. Personally I think having the main guys who you see on TV everyweek should get a lighter house show workload. That way you could demand a higher workrate during matches on RAW ,Smackdown and the PPV's. A higher workrate and more intense matches to me would make the product better. Slightly longer matches maybe allow the Supestars to increase their movesets. That doesn't mean allowing moves the WWE has banned its wrestlers from using. I am all for allowing say daniel bryan to use more of his moves that he used in ROH. Same with CM Punk. I like the stiffness guys like Ryback,Tensai and Clay have been showing in their matches it adds realism and really allows their power to resonate. That is really it I like the WWE product right now. I dont have a whole lot of complaints and the gripes i do have are not major by any stretch.

im only posting on this cuz this guy is a fuckin moron. bitching bout wwe doing shit for the military?? really?? youre a fucking fucking asshole. they do it cuz the troops give their lives so that assholes like yourself can make ******ed ass threads bitching about stuff. fuckin eh. people get more stupid all the time.

As we all know, WWE's ratings have been steadily plummeting over the past few years. The causes for this may be up for debate (stale programming, bad booking, questionable releases, Zack Ryder, etc.), it is becoming increasingly obvious that the longer ratings plummet the more danger we are in of losing some of our WWE programming from the airwaves due to lack of demand (quite possibly even Smackdown).

That's the bad news. The good news is that there is a simple way to bring ratings back up quickly, maybe not to Attitude-era type numbers, but at least to the point that WWE shows could consistently pull at least 5.0 ratings. And all it takes is using a simple, effective concept that is used all throughout other more popular shows on television.

I can cite many examples, but for brevity's sake, we all know what I mean when I say that most other weekly shows on television have several episodes a season, if not more, that have celebrity guest appearances. These appearances help both the show to get a boost in ratings, and the celebrity guest in terms of exposure. This is a concept that WWE should take advantage of, and to be quite frank I'm stunned they haven't yet. They could take celebrities that are on promotional tours for films, and have them appear on RAW for a week. This would be great promotion, especially for stars of action movies that cater to a WWE audience. How perfect would it be if, for example, Hugh Jackman were to make a guest appearance on RAW to promote a new X-Men film?

This celebrity guest concept could be used to increase the appeal of the WWE to the casual fan. Think how many more people would watch the show if they were flicking through their program guide and saw something like "Donald Trump appears tonight; what kind of chaos can he buy?" when they flicked by RAW on it? They would be intrigued to the point that they would tune in, and assuming it was booked well and Zack Ryder was not on their screen when they tuned in, it is a fact that these viewers could be retained for the remainder of the program.

So my questions are:

Should WWE begin to utilize the concept of celebrity guest appearances to boost ratings up to a 5.0 level?

Which celebrities would you have appear on, or host, WWE shows?

Dumb vince mcmahon will push just anyone , and out of everyone else, it had to be frigging The Miz who had to main event Wrestlemania 27, what a fuckin joke. And that dumbfuck released Shelton Benjamin, Ken Kennedy/Anderson, he let kurt angle go, this bastard can't have "wrestlers" in his roster, we have mediocre, pathetic excuses for entertainers like The Miz and Rtruth contending for the WWE championship, and athletes like Jack Swagger accompany Michael Cole@ WM, what dumbfucks

They already have, they're guest hosts who pop up every two weeks nowadays, I think. Just out if curiosity, were you watching Raw the last two years?

They could promote the guests a month in advance but it really wouldn't make a difference. Ratings haven't changed drastically, they're still the same numbers on average every week with a small spike or dip here and there. Also, ratings doesn't really mean squat in this day of age with all the television programming available compared to 15 years ago. I'm sure WWE is content with the current ratings they're getting, but wouldn't mind a steady increase.

I'd pick the guys from Pawn Stars, now that'd be worth watching for the lulz. Do kids still say that nowadays?

They already have, they're guest hosts who pop up every two weeks nowadays, I think. Just out if curiosity, were you watching Raw the last two years?

They could promote the guests a month in advance but it really wouldn't make a difference. Ratings haven't changed drastically, they're still the same numbers on average every week with a small spike or dip here and there. Also, ratings doesn't really mean squat in this day of age with all the television programming available compared to 15 years ago. I'm sure WWE is content with the current ratings they're getting, but wouldn't mind a steady increase.

I'd pick the guys from Pawn Stars, now that'd be worth watching for the lulz. Do kids still say that nowadays?

can we stop dignifying domo nation with responses???? Look at his post history... He just creates posts to get negative responses... he's the very definition of a troll (He created a post saying that the jobber that ryback beat needed to be be brought back, as well as another post about how the best new return needed to be Knox....)

I got a fucking "warning" for telling people about this troll last time, so I'll "stay on topic" for this post by saying someone who should guest host a raw... Someone who is a celebrity and who maybe knows the product... Just so I don't get another "warning" for pointing out the shit that this guy posts every fucking time (seriously wrestlezone, why do you keep this guy here... I understand that people have their own opinions but can you not see that this guy is a fucking troll????)

anyways I'll throw out any of the ESPN personalities that love wrestling, ie bringing back jonathan coachman.... maybe a michelle beadle cameo (what can i say i watch ESPN and watch wrestling, and she's a fan..)

either that or bring in as a "guest host" Paul Heyman... That'd be shocking as a guest host (let him plug whatever he wants) but allow him to talk and do whatever he wants.. hell let him book the show..

anyways I only am posting this to let anyone after me know not to dignify domo with a fucking reply at any point in the future, and maybe get someone at wrestlezone to look into his post history and fucking get rid of this asshole..

anyways I hope i dont get fucking "warned" again because I did stay on topic and posted my ideas.

Everything the poster described is exact details of the Raw Guest Host from a few years ago. I feel the product hasn't improved but it hasn't gotten worse either since they introduced and then took away the idea. The thing with Guest Hosts is that the WWE fans think they don't belong and minus maybe 3 or so decent hosts, they don't belong because they just are too distant from the general product. Bringing in guests usually works for big PPV events aka Mania or SummerSlam, maybe the Rumble. People need to realize that the Attitude era was a mix of so many factors that honestly aren't going to magically recreate themselves anytime soon. Some guests celebs surely won't improve anything, if that was remotely true then the 3 stooges would've spiked last week's raw which obviously didn't do anything.

Wow get a life people... He made have had an opinion that made you mad but no reason to turn into a terrorist over it... And lets face it The Military isn't as American or clean cut as most would like to think... Anyone remember Pat Tillman or guantanamo bay? And with all that being said / putting it aside... The only way to improve the product is for it to go away for awhile... People keep saying its stale because every show runs out of ideas after a few seasons all the while the WWE has been going on for decades... Since that is never going to happen, sit back and enjoy the rerun of Raw live every Monday night

heres an idea, fuck the iwc and make smackdown a live show. why do i even need to dvr it when i know what happens 3 days before it airs. that will help for starters at least that way. make it how it used to be and make it raw vs smackdown. keep people on there respective shows and work with that

Steadily plumeting? those two things are a double negative

Steadily implies slowly
Plumeting implies dropping quickly

and thats bullshit anyway they have been steady in the mid 2-3's for the past 5yrs occasionally dropping to low 2's but usually around 3, which is 2 points above anyone else in the business.

You sir, are a troll. Nothing more. All you do is come up with stupid ideas, and Bash Zack Ryder. I pray for the day you get banned.

Anyways. In order for the ratings to EVER get back up WWE needs to bring back what the fans want. Attitude. There is a reason why the Attitude Era is referred to by many as the greatest time in Wrestling history. Every week was exciting. It had no limits. No one man was unable to be beaten *cough* Cena *cough* You never knew what to expect. Plus, look at the star power back then. Stone Cold, The Rock, Undertaker, Triple H, Kane, Mankind, Big Show, Kurt Angle, Jericho. etc.

The tag teams were amazing. New Age Outlaws, APA, Edge and Christian (The Brood), The Hardy's, The Dudleys, Crash and Hardcore Holly, Too Cool.

The mid carders were awesome. Jeff Jarrett, Gangrel, The Godfather, Val Venis, Rikishi, Eddie Guerrero, Chris Benoit, Test.

Hell, even the Diva's division was amazing with Chyna, Lita, Trish, Molly Holly, Ivory, Sable, Stephanie, Jacqueline, and The Kat.

The storylines were awesome, even the most horrible ones, (Katie Vick....) Made you really into the feud, and incredible matches kept people entertained.

The current product is getting bland. The "Summer of Punk" brought back a feeling of attitude, but was quickly washed away when WWE failed to continue the good feelings. To get WWE back up in ratings, Attitude HAS to come back. No more "Super-Cena" no more PG, No more crap.

To the original post:

Idea 1 - Yes. I agree a PPV each month is way too many. It does not give them any time to build up a story line. My opinion would be:

Royal Rumble - End of Jan
Wrestlemania - End of March
King of the Ring - End of May
Something here - Middle of July
Summerslam - End of August
Survivor Series - Halloween (End of October!)
Something here (xmas special) - Christmas time.

Thats 7 in a year. A nice gap between Royal Rumble and WM giving 2 months to build up story lines, and 2 dates thrown in for whatever they fancy (extreme rules, HIAC, whatever). OFC that could be made 3 if you take away King of the Ring, but I liked the tournament style PPV, and would have it start with 8 matches in a 10 min time limit match then 4 with a 15 min limit, 2 with 20 minute and then the final with no limit, this could make it very entertaining and could spring some surprise results. It would also limit the "extra" matches, ie championships ect. Meaning the gap from WM to SSM could be used to build a story line.

Idea 2 - The military do a great job of keeping the US safe. The WWE giving them a little love is well deserved and takes nothing away from the show at all. So I see no reason why to change this.

Idea 3 - Yes. Combine Raw and Smackdown into one larger brand. Distribute the talent evenly. The only times recently I have even bothered to watch SMD is when the Undertaker made a rare appearance or when something big happened.

The Attitude Era will never return because it's all but been erased from wrestling history already. The attitude era WWF logo? Annoyingly blurred out, so everytime you try to watch anything from that era, you're distracted by floating globs covering the logo they're not allow to use anymore. The same goes for Stone Cold's middle finger salutes. Replaced with floating globs. The attitude language (profanity now offensive, but acceptable back then, as is the "F", so that people just say "I'm gonna kick your --- all over the WW-!!!")? Erased. Some of the music? Replaced with generic substitutes. Fans who experienced that era as it happened should consider themselves lucky, but the "WW-" has not preserved it...they've desecrated it.

combined, in 1998/1999 - WWF and WCW reguarly drew a 10.0 rating in the states combined if not more. Now, 14 years later, WWE now has millions of dollars at their disposal to pour in to their product. But they choose to pour it in to straight to DVD films. That is where Vince McMahons attention is.

There are other reasons the audience rating is falling. Here are some (in my opinion) -

Those fans of 1998, grew up and grew out of Wrestling. As good as it was in 2003/2004, wwe lost a lot of fans.

The WCW fans who disliked WWF attitude era, have been driven away all together.

The internet is far bigger now than it was in 1998. Not that I am saying websites like Wrestlezone giving spoilers is an issue, as internet wrestling fans (like us guys) we only make up a very small percentage of the tv audience. But the fact that people can watch it on DVR, catch up websites and youtube, it does affect the audience - in a similar way to how music piracy has effected the cd buying audience in the music industry.

Those are challenges and mistakes of the past. For the present, they need to stop rehashing same old storylines. I like the Big Show but he should only wrestle twice a year. Hes overkill. Was never a big fan of mark henry but his most recent run since his heel turn has been refreshing. But if they put half the effort in to people like the Miz and Dolph Zigler and Zack Ryder and jack Swagger, instead of treating them like jobbers, then they would have main eventers that could be big stars indeed.

Im excited to see the Rock and Brock make come backs, and I'd love to see HBK and Austin come back for one more match, but these 4 should all be coming back to make new stars by having a feud with them and allowing the rising star to look competitive. Same goes for HHH!

Also - quick example - spot the link here =

John lauranitis, Rockabilly, Right To Censor, Vladimir Kozlov, Jeff Jarrett (wwf 1994,1999, WCW - all years).

All got mega heat from the crowd. Not because the crowd loves to boo them, They simply hate the performers. I wouldnt pay money on PPV to see any of them get their asses whipped. I'd pay as long as they were nowhere near a ppv. So when you see certain characters on TV - you do wonder what the heck the WWE is thinking. I'd rather watch Barry horrowitz pat himself on the back for a few minutes rather than watch some of the characters on tv these days. Sadly... Chris Jericho has become one of them.

WWE is not going to significantly decrease the number of PPV offerings it has, as it would simply lose too much money. There is a market for people to purchase the events, so those are not going to go away any time soon.

Think ECONOMICS. This isn't WWE '12.

There lots of things to complain about and most everyone has covered it in some shape or form but the thing that gets me is the signs...........WWE and their staff will no longer let the fans have their homemade signs do they not understand that when i child spends hours making a sign to support his or her favorite wrestler it crushes them to have someone with a freaking "yellow shirt" come over and take a kids sign, how back asswards is that!

WWE is not going to significantly decrease the number of PPV offerings it has, as it would simply lose too much money. There is a market for people to purchase the events, so those are not going to go away any time soon.

Think ECONOMICS. This isn't WWE '12.

This is exactly the answer. All of you are taking your personal preferences and playing them off like facts. The WWE won't "improve their product" if they decrease their amount of PPV's. In your eyes the product will improve. But from a company's standpoint (whose purpose is to make money,) decreasing PPV's technically hurts their product since lack of money = inability to pay certain people to make the product better.

So, please... FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY... if you're going to make suggestions, base them off facts and not your obviously skewed opinions.

The best way for WWE to continue to improve the "product" as all of you internet smarks says, is for the WWE to not listen to anything the IWC says.

Bunch of stupid nerds typing in their parents' basements. WWE has been kicking ass lately, and besides them not taking advantage of the momentum D Bry had following 'Mania, they are doing better than they have in years. CM Punk is still a great, reigning champ and his feud with Y2J is getting better and better. Lesnar is back as a mega heel and handing John Cena his own ass week in and week out.

Sure, they can do a little bit better of a job letting Ziggler get over by getting him into a good feud with an established star and actually letting him get over, but that will come soon enough.

There is so much good happening in the WWE right now, that for once I think we can all sit back and not bitch so much. Suck it.

Hasn’t a thread like this been done?

Anyway I do think they need to end the brand split. That would allow more midcard wrestlers to have different feuds and contend for more the one top title. It would also feuds to keep developing and stay fresh. I mean It worked in the Attitude Era.

I think they should cut back on the PPS's. I not saying 4 or 5 but maybe between 7-9. Let feuds develop and end. Now there is one every month but the feud doesn’t end and it gets drawn out to where it get stale.

What about the military? I have always been a wrestling fan. I have my high school diploma and even a college degree. I have no idea where you get your information from. I feel sorry for you though. I hope you only talk tough and bad about the military on the computer, God help you if you go around outside with that frame of mind. O-yeah you’re welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back