WWE General Complaints Thread

Should we complain?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I agree with you on that one mate, but if recent years are anything to go by the payoff isnt always great. Im hoping this WM will be the best iv seen since WM17 (the best WM ever IMO) I can accept that this close to mainia mayby the physicality will be toned down, but im hoping that post WM we will see more action

I agree I too am tired of all the motormouths running around in wrestling these days. We can also do with a hell of a lot less of all these corny backstage skits. Maybe I'm old fashioned but when I tune into a wrestling show I expect to see umm you know wrestling. I can appreciate that promos and interviews have a place in explaining why somebody did what they did or to lay out the stakes of the match but not when they're pretty much dominating the show.

I just want more action from Cena against Rock. It's so stupid to have two professional wrestlers supposedly have such a beef with one another yet aren't lifting a finger against the other guy. Just spewing words. Doesn't feel logical.

I don't expect action from UT or HHH and Punk and Jericho has built up nicely but Cena really needs to throw a punch to make this storyline work logically.

It has a lot to do with it being Wrestlemania season. If it was dead time after Mania and before SummerSlam we would probably see more action. I expect to see a couple brawls happen between now and Mania but not much. We will still get action but it will be a lot less because of the needing to build the stories for the big one.

I completely disagree. But that's my personal preference...because the "action" you get on RAW or Smackdown is so watered down and choppy it's not even worth watching most of the time. You get maybe 3-5 great matches on TV a year between the two shows.

If there were much less chat and much more action, ratings would drop even more. That's not even a guess, I'm sure of it. If you don't give the majority of viewers out there compelling stories and better feuds and holy crap story moments to keep tuning in, no amount of moonsaults is going to save the program.

Im all for good story telling, but you cant tell me that Rock slapping the grin off Cena's face would result in a ratings drop, ever since i started watching wrestling, my favorite parts involved trash talking followed up by a brawl, its what got me hooked in the 1st place

Since all you wanna be, 'know it all' chumps thinks you know everything about wrestling because you grew up during the Attitude Era think you're an expert, let me say this.

You don't. The Attitude Era had to rely on excessive innuendo and vulgarity to get their product and stars over. It was a sad time for wrestling. Growing up watching REAL wrestling (The territories, etc), there was never a need for this and the talent never had to resort to this debachaury. Just because you grew up watching Shane O' Mac getting his balls electrocuted by Kane by NO MEANS makes you anywhere close to a expert. I am NOT saying the Attitude Era was bad, it was just sad in a lot of regard. I feel sorry for you all that think you know it all because of you were Lil babies when this was out.

I wanted to vent that because all of your alls opinions are strictly stupid, you're ho mos, and this whole site and their opinion(s) suck. The fact you associate here just validates my points.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
to the post above;
ok, so now you got that out your system, let me reply with the qualifier that i was too young at the time to appreciate wrestling in the 80's/early 90's, and as good as im told it was, the first wrestling event i ever saw Bret v Taker in 97 with hbk as ref, from there it was all DX and stone cold before the attitude era really took off.
So my basis for comparison only spans the last 15 years, and im one of those guys who prefered it back in 2000 as opposed to todays shows as it was edgier and and had more action IMO.
As for all our points being stupid and ur statement about the site....... why the hell are you even on here, people like to chat online bout everythin these days and everyone is entitled to an opinion so if it bothers you that much, why log in

I actually agree'd with your point up until the rather offensive last sentence, but u go can go suck it now mate, bad form

Since all you wanna be, 'know it all' chumps thinks you know everything about wrestling because you grew up during the Attitude Era think you're an expert, let me say this.

You don't. The Attitude Era had to rely on excessive innuendo and vulgarity to get their product and stars over. It was a sad time for wrestling. Growing up watching REAL wrestling (The territories, etc), there was never a need for this and the talent never had to resort to this debachaury. Just because you grew up watching Shane O' Mac getting his balls electrocuted by Kane by NO MEANS makes you anywhere close to a expert. I am NOT saying the Attitude Era was bad, it was just sad in a lot of regard. I feel sorry for you all that think you know it all because of you were Lil babies when this was out.

I wanted to vent that because all of your alls opinions are strictly stupid, you're ho mos, and this whole site and their opinion(s) suck. The fact you associate here just validates my points.

This quote RIGHT here, invalidates your entire post.

Your horrible grasp of the English language throughout was just sad.

My response to you is, I grew up in the 80's and 90's and have a vast knowledge of the territory system, how it worked, and how it evolved into what we have today. As far as the "Attitude Era" goes, that is only your opinion, not gospel truth, so how dare you belittle anybody for their preference? Not to mention that you even acknowledged that these people were saying that they started watching DURING the attitude era, so this was the beginning for them in a lot of ways, yet still saw fit to belittle them. What makes you an expert? I have no expectations of you responding to this, but I will make it simple enough so that even YOU can understand it:

Attitude Era + Popularity of said wrestlers x all the fans who remember / The Monday Night Wars - The Internet = One of the most successful times for Professional Wrestling. Period.

Shane getting his testes electrocuted was not in the Attitude Era. 2003 was Ruthless Aggression. Shows how much you know. And anyone with knowledge of the AE knows it wasn't just about vulgarity and sex. 2000-2001 had arguably the best in-ring wrestling period in modern WWF(E) history and it was still in the Attitude Era.

And the AE doesn't have to come back. I just want a more serious, intense, cutting-edge product. Rock/Cena was just mentioned here about a slap to the face should result in a brawl between the 2, and I totally agree. It should have taken place on Monday but they have time. Rock needs to BURY Cena or drive him to the point where physicality takes place and makes me(the viewer) pumped up for their match at Mania. Intensity sells.

Does RAW have to open with a 20 minute in-ring promo every week? The show is so predictable. There's so much talking, it's mind-numbing. WWE has always put entertainment ahead of wrestling, but this ridiculous. It's like I'm not even watching wrestling. Where are the matches? And I'm not talking about those filler matches that they throw in between promos. I want to see good matches, not these carbon copy matches where the guys only use the same four moves that they use every match.

I don't know if this is as much a complaint as a general observation. I don't know if anyone else has said this, but I really don't like the overall layouts of the WWE sets in comparison to years past. The ramp / entrance areas for Raw, Smackdown, and PPVs are like 15 feet wide, and I honestly really miss the atmosphere that was generated when a star would come down the aisle and have fans inches from them, reaching out and interacting. Look at alot of entrances from around 95 - 97... alot of Shawn Michaels' entrances from that period perfectly illustrate what I'm talking about. Just a thought, and I guess it is a complaint, cause it ticks me off that it is the way it is now, lol.

@ Lavitz66, i agree with you. I too don't like the look of the sets of Raw and Smackdown. They look crap compared to how the layout was of the sets years ago.

Another thing i want to complain/irritates me it the Divas division. Now i like the Divas but its the WWE that makes me feel angry about the Divas division. They have potential but the WWE is not letting them show what they can do. Look at last years Extreme Rules, Beth Pheonix v Eve (i think). This match was by far the best match of the night because they had time to show what they are about. And WTF is Natalya's gimmick about. What a joke !

Let's face it everyone, the WWE is lacking in star power. Sure, we just got Lesnar, Rock, and Jericho back, but it won't last and we all know it. Right now, the only guys I think are worth watching are CM Punk, Alberto Del Rio, Cena, Kofi Kingston, Sheamus, Daniel Bryan, and Orton. The only good divas are Beth and Natalya. Plus, Kingston and Del Rio aren't main event material. But they're the only decent mid carders I've seen. Guys like Ziggler, Miz, Cody Rhodes (one of the worst wrestlers I've seen, plus WAY too skinny), Jack Swagger (Mr Kurt Angle wannabe), etc. are all garbage. They don't have the look, they are sloppy in the ring, and wouldn't have even made it to the low card back in the Attitude Era. The fact that the Miz gets pushed more than Orton is sick to me.

So the only real main event guys are Punk, Cena, Bryan, Sheamus, and Orton in my opinion. They have the look, are good in the ring, have good mic skills (excluding Orton), and have their own unique personalities and move sets.

The WWE needs to find guys who look like they can make it in the main event spot. I mean, that list was huge years ago. We had Rock, HHH, Taker, Stone Cold, Kane, Jericho, Booker T, Kurt Angle, HBK, Hogan, etc. For mid carders, we had Christian, the Hardys, Eddie Guerrero (main eventer too), Edge (main eventer too), Test, RVD, Lesnar, Cena, Shelton Benjamin, Charlie Haas, Batista, Orton, Big Show (main eventer too) and so many more.

The star power in WWE is lacking and Vince knows it. Why do you think Rock, Jericho, HHH, and Taker showed up for Mania? Because the show would have been a flop without them. And now we have Lesnar back the night after to give a little extra boost because HHH and Taker are already gone and Rock and Jericho will be soon.

What are your thoughts on this?

Your list TitanCross about the star power we had back a while ago does show how much star power the WWE has, the thing is back then everybody had very in depth characters. Not just some EVERYBODY. Everyone had the thing to make them, them. You had scotty too hotty who didnt have the best career but he and his little posse with rikishi and grand master flash got the crowd going. Alot of WWE superstars now don't get the crowd goign and I disagree with what you said about Cody, Ziggler, and miz, im not saying I like Miz but he does his best sometimes with doing what he can, and same for ziggler and cody. But people like Gabriel and even kofi who gets the crowd going but doesnt really have an in depth character. Basically kofi is look at me I'm a smiley wanna be Jamaican and that's it. But I agree we need more in depth characters because when you take triple h, undertaker, jericho, Christian, The rock, Bigshow, Mark Henry, Kane and any other older guy who decides he wants to get involved in a story line (Like Booker and) You're left with Orton, Cena, and CM Punk. If you look at mania almost every person I mentioned in that list of older guys was involved in mania this year and without them right now WWE would be lost. WWE needs to start well developing the superstars of the future more efficently.

First of all I would say there is no-one right now who really sparks my interest.

Back in the day The Rock, Stone Cold, Mankind, Triple H, Hardys, Dudleys, DX, Too Cool etc all had my interest. The you had a WOMEN'S division (not Divas's) with Lita, Trish, Molly, Victoria, and followed with Mickie James that was interesting to watch.

The main stars today should be Cena (yes opinion on him is divided), Orton (see Cena), Punk, Lesnar and Daniel Bryan. They should be the Austins, Triple H's, Rock's and Taker's of today, the main guys.

Sheamus and Wade Barrett bore me to death, I'm sorry but they do.

Would like to see Drew McIntyre used more.

Santino just does the same thing every week, gay walk to the ring, splits, hip toss, head butt and Cobra. Nothing else to his matches. Today at tennis I was talking to a fellow WWE fan saying that years ago I used to get excited for European Title matches on Raw between X Pac and D'Lo Brown, Women's matches with Trish, Lita and Molly and seeing the Hardys, Dudleys and Edge and Christian battling for the Tag Team Titles. Barely seen the Tag Champs in the last 3 months.

The Roster Split/Brand Extension needs to go, no where near enough talent to keep it going. ALL the titles mean jack atm, people will say they are props, but we are supposed to buy into the fact that everyone wants to be WWE Champion someday.

The last two years, the Royal Rumble winner has OPENED Wrestlemania, baffles the mind. One WWE Undisputed World title is needed. Cena, Orton, Punk etc do not need to wrestle every Raw and Smackdown, do what Austin used to do, come out to the ring, raise hell and leave. Dolph Ziggler, Cody Rhodes, Daniel Bryan etc are guys that SHOULD be wrestling more because they are the guys trying to break through to the top level.

The only things olding my attention are Lesnar v Cena and Punk v Jericho. The last 2 ppv main events have been non title matches as was Survivor Series. Being champion USED to mean something, now means squat. Extreme Rules main event will be Cena v Lesnar, NON title.

PG rating isn't as restrictive as some people make it out to be, but there is a lot of cheesey stuff. 3 Stooges, NOT FUNNY.

Bottom line, wrestling will never be as popular as it used to be. I will still watch Raw, occasionally Smackdown and the free PPV's along with Mania. But for me I can't see it being the same ever again. If people agree/disagree with me, feel free to say so.

1 Cut down on the number of ppvs. 12 or 13 are just way too many ppvs a year. The magic number should be 8. The four big ones and four other ppvs that you bring around every couple of years so they don't become stale such as TLC, King of the Ring, Halloween Havoc and War Games.

2 Stop bending over for the military. I don't understand why WWE wastes so much time doing shows and special events for the military. Most of the military guys aren't even WWE fans. The same guys cheering for Cena and Punk would cheer for Bob Hope if he was giving them the time of day. WWE should focus more on the core fans like myself than a bunch of high school drop outs.

3 Combine the brands. Even if WWE combines the brands they could still be different. Raw could be the A show where Smackdown would feature the mid and lower card.

Did you just say you don't understand why WWE holds events for the military? Are you fucking stupid? Maybe because they fight and die for us everyday. Maybe because WWE wants to do any small part to give these guys some enjoyment after what they do for us. Have you seen how the military guys faces light up when they meet the stars?

Anything else you said in your post is irrelevant because your dumb. How does it possibly bother you that WWE does good deeds for the military? There are many things WWE can do to improve it's product, and none of them involve shitting on the military.

And a final note, everything else you said has been said over and over again in every thread made. You are completely unoriginal.

Listen, you are like a broken record. I bet you want "The original ppv schedule" with 4-5 PPV's. That does the opposite of improving the product because it is bad for business. WWE will take 12 shitty buyrates over 4 good ones any day because the amount they make it more. So technically, the 12 ppvs may be less enjoyable for you but more profitable for WWE so they will do it.

Next, who the hell do you think you are insulting the military? They are the bravest men and women on the planet and they are WWE fans and even if they aren't they enjoy the shows put on for them. Do you see how many people show up to tribute for the troops. WWE is doing this correctly.

And yes we get it, combining the brands has been tossed around here like a god damn football. But I don't see how overstocking raw with all of the "A list" superstars and sending all of the midcarders to smackdown helps. You need to balance this out. The few people who already watch smackdown will tune out faster than ever if orton goes to raw and guys like dolph ziggler main event on smackdown. You need talent distribution.

The only thing I can agree with is 8 PPVs, that's it.

You have to be really stupid to say that WWE should stop with the military and cater to the "hardcore" fans. The military obviously means a lot to the WWE. Even though I'm not American, I love what the WWE does for your soldiers and what your soldiers do for everyone else. Soldiers go out and protect their country with their lives and what do you do? Sit and complain about it on a forum. You're acting like an elitist. You're some loser bitching about a good deed. You're not above people who put their lives on the line for millions because I bet you don't do that. The WWE isn't charging the military anything to go to their shows across seas or here. T

he WWE isn't looking for anything in return. The WWE gives back to the military as a thank you and if you can't appreciate that, then shut the hell up. 1-2 shows a year that don't involve storylines so that the military can have a good night is not affecting the product. You'll complain about a few hour specials on TV and the fact that soldiers get free tickets to events, but I don't see you complaining about guest hosts, Christmas specials or anything else that actually wastes time. Or better yet, I don't see how you're giving additions on how to make the product better, only subtractions.

Pretty sure there's been threads like this. But seriously, you should be lucky for the troops that fight for our livelihood.

Anyway, I agree that there should not be as many PPVs. Obviously there should only be 5 or 6 per year. The WWE can't build PPVs when they are 2 or 3 weeks apart. Having this many PPVs a year definitely hurts the buy rates, especially with the prices they have.

As a troop who has served in Iraq and Afghanistan, I do agree with him that a good majority of military do NOT watch wrestling. When the wwe goes over seas its more of a WOW something to do kind of thing. So don't crap all over the guy, because really he is right. In the 09 Tribute to the Troops show most of the crowd was chanting "Your not UFC" But id imagine that was edited out seeing how it was taped weeks before air.

Putting aside the moral component of putting on shows for the military, WWE has a strong self-interest in doing so. WWE has tried very hard to reposition its brand as wholesome Americana, and what better way to do that than through close association with the military? It really helps remove the sting of the obvious negative press WWE has received when WWE can fall back on "Tribute to the Troops" and its obvious attempts to bouy troop morale.

Vince almost assuredly considers military programming a loss-leader. Even when they're done in the service, there's a chance that some former troops may be converted to fandom. Moreover, considering morality for a second, Vince was in military school and has been pretty open about his deep affinity for the armed forces.

In all likelihood, so far as Vince is concerned, this is a win-win. The army gets perks, WWE gets good PR, the troops get to have some fun, and Linda burnishes her image.

As self-serving as it may be, the WWE product does not suffer because they put in shows, give tickets and offer free ppvs to the military. Good overall gesture, yes, but don't think for a second that the genetic jackhammer isn't doing each of those things with business in mind. Oh, and to the superhero who says they should stop, go enlist, then, and only then, can you have an opinion.

Now, the biggest thing that the E needs to do is make the ppvs must see. They do that by making TV must see. They do that by not insulting fans and giving just enough away on TV while making fans dare about ppv. Yes, I believe, less is more fr ppvs. Eight isn't a bad number.

First, did you call the Military High School Drop outs, A diploma or GED is mandatory to enter the armed forces, and is a way to get college without going tens of thousands of dollars in debt. I would actually assume that most of the hardcore IWC is more likely a bunch of drop outs who live in mommy's basement, based on grammar and spelling, but I digress. These shows give thanks for people risking our lives for our freedom which allows us to have these forums(I've been to countries that limit internet usage), and it broadens the possible fan base.
The PPV idea is not bad, and every year, both rosters get a shake up, some years it works, some years it doesn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back