• John Cena

• Seth Rollins

• Kevin Owens

• Bayley

• AJ Styles

• Jay Lethal

• Roman Reigns

Results are only viewable after voting.
I voted for Rollins, but I'm not going to argue against my would-be girlfriend Bayley. I hedged when making noms and put her title win up for another award. Happy she's leading.

Seth grew on me during his title reign. jmt hit on what I thought of Rollins from a ring work perspective. His booking was bad, few Rollins fans would deny that. He had to take his shoeshine box to the outhouse week-in, week-out. The results didn't always sparkle, but he took as much stink off as possible. John Cena was booked better, but was he better? Just when I might have started to think so I'd see a springboard stunner or hear the next five spots being called and the spell would be broken. I don't like cowardly heels, but I'm not a huge fan of superhumans either. I don't care what moves you can do; make me believe in what you're doing.

How THE FUCK am I the only person to vote John Cena? Are all of you serious?

Picture the scene: John Cena, fresh from making love to Nikki Bella, sits at his computer. "You know something?" he yells into the other room. "I'm going to see just why these internet guys don't like me." Several minutes later, he's bent over his desk, racked with sobs. Nikki, wearing a bedsheet and a baseball cap for some reason, enters.

"John," she says. "What's wrong?"

"They're right, Nikki. I can't believe it - all this time, I never thought to take it on board. I am a bad wrestler. I don't know a lot of moves. My matches don't go twenty minutes or longer. Often either me or my opponent will spend time in the ascendancy instead of trading pointless power moves back and forth. Did you know that some of my matches have fewer than five false finishes? How does that even qualify as a wrestling match?"

"Oh, John, baby, it's OK. It's OK! Look, why don't we call Vince? We can get him to hire that fat dude from Ring of Honor and he can show you how to wrestle."

John sniffles and manages to look up at her.

"Well, OK. But can we have matches where we just trade moves for no reason?"

"Sure."

"And-- and-- we can kick out of each other's finishers repeatedly?"

"Whatever you want, sweetie."

"Oh, oh! And we can wrestle three times and it can be the exact same match each time."

"Definitely. Feel better?"

"A little. Tomorrow I'll start doing a springboard stunner for no reason and everyone can kick out of my finisher and I'll have twenty minute matches with Stardust and a man in suit pants."

"Sounds like a plan."

And that's how John Cena got the best night's sleep of his life. It's also how people who went out of their way to criticise John Cena after masterpieces with the likes of Shawn Michaels, CM Punk and Daniel Bryan suddenly decided he was a good wrestler. So I guess it worked.

Just nobody show him a Young Buck's match because John Cena doing backflip/superkick combos, while no doubt awesome, would kill professional wrestling.

I'm more amazed at the inability of most fans to recognize Rollins reign was far more leaning towards adequacy (at best) than excellence.

I'm more amazed at the inability of most fans to recognize Rollins reign was far more leaning towards adequacy (at best) than excellence.

He definitely has more votes for title reign of the year than I think he should, and the existence of that category has probably helped him out in this poll.

Picture the scene: John Cena, fresh from making love to Nikki Bella, sits at his computer. "You know something?" he yells into the other room. "I'm going to see just why these internet guys don't like me." Several minutes later, he's bent over his desk, racked with sobs. Nikki, wearing a bedsheet and a baseball cap for some reason, enters.

"John," she says. "What's wrong?"

"They're right, Nikki. I can't believe it - all this time, I never thought to take it on board. I am a bad wrestler. I don't know a lot of moves. My matches don't go twenty minutes or longer. Often either me or my opponent will spend time in the ascendancy instead of trading pointless power moves back and forth. Did you know that some of my matches have fewer than five false finishes? How does that even qualify as a wrestling match?"

"Oh, John, baby, it's OK. It's OK! Look, why don't we call Vince? We can get him to hire that fat dude from Ring of Honor and he can show you how to wrestle."

John sniffles and manages to look up at her.

"Well, OK. But can we have matches where we just trade moves for no reason?"

"Sure."

"And-- and-- we can kick out of each other's finishers repeatedly?"

"Whatever you want, sweetie."

"Oh, oh! And we can wrestle three times and it can be the exact same match each time."

"Definitely. Feel better?"

"A little. Tomorrow I'll start doing a springboard stunner for no reason and everyone can kick out of my finisher and I'll have twenty minute matches with Stardust and a man in suit pants."

"Sounds like a plan."

And that's how John Cena got the best night's sleep of his life. It's also how people who went out of their way to criticise John Cena after masterpieces with the likes of Shawn Michaels, CM Punk and Daniel Bryan suddenly decided he was a good wrestler. So I guess it worked.

Just nobody show him a Young Buck's match because John Cena doing backflip/superkick combos, while no doubt awesome, would kill professional wrestling.

Still a better love story than Twilight?

I voted for Rollins. He started off rocky, but he had one hell of a year even with the injury. I'm looking forward to his return.

Why is Sasha Banks not on this list? NXT Women's Champion with 4 Four Star matches whilst being in developmental... when was the last time a female competitor got multiple four star matches? She had a stellar year.

Voting for Bayley because she was apart of those three matches. It's the closest I can get to voting for Sasha.

Why are people ignoring just how good a year that AJ Styles has had in terms of ring work. He has had classics with almost everyone he has come up against this year. He has had a good match with Doc bloody Gallows.

Why are people ignoring just how good a year that AJ Styles has had in terms of ring work. He has had classics with almost everyone he has come up against this year. He has had a good match with Doc bloody Gallows.

Because no one watched it. He lost to Daniel Bryan last year who only worked like 4-5 months. Why do people continue to be surprised that the biggest wrestling promotion is the one that most people watch and therefore talk about?

John Cena has put on the best matches throughout the year. Out of any wrestler he has delivered the best promos too. His matches were with a range of opponents yet the majority were fantastic. Rusev, Owens and Rollins are three different opponents with three massively different stories to tell but he managed to do that perfectly.

He was the highlight of Raw for months and made a mid-card title important. Rollins and Reigns have been fantastic. So has Brock and the New Day but Cena was the standout.

Christ only 2 votes for AJ? No one had a more consistent year full of big time matches that delivered insanely than that guy. He dominated New Japan completely and put on at least 3 or 4 near five star matches. I get it though, if it didn't happen in WWE a lot of people here haven't seen it so they're not going to get your vote. But the only other person I thought that was nearly as consistent was John Cena, but being gone the last few months hasn't helped him there.

Christ only 2 votes for AJ? No one had a more consistent year full of big time matches that delivered insanely than that guy. He dominated New Japan completely and put on at least 3 or 4 near five star matches. I get it though, if it didn't happen in WWE a lot of people here haven't seen it so they're not going to get your vote. But the only other person I thought that was nearly as consistent was John Cena, but being gone the last few months hasn't helped him there.

I think the problem with AJ Styles is that his 2014 crushed his 2015. It was going to be damn near impossible for him to top what he did in 2014.

The guy who deserves some love is Roderick Strong. And before someone says you should have nominated him... I did, but for some reason he didn't make the cut. Regardless, if there was one guy I would have considered voting for over Seth Rollins, it would have been Roderick Strong, who just constantly impressed me all year long. The guy had a phenomenal 2015, as good a year as any independent pro wrestler has ever had as far as I'm concerned.

I think the problem with AJ Styles is that his 2014 crushed his 2015. It was going to be damn near impossible for him to top what he did in 2014.

The guy who deserves some love is Roderick Strong. And before someone says you should have nominated him... I did, but for some reason he didn't make the cut. Regardless, if there was one guy I would have considered voting for over Seth Rollins, it would have been Roderick Strong, who just constantly impressed me all year long. The guy had a phenomenal 2015, as good a year as any independent pro wrestler has ever had as far as I'm concerned.

But I don't think just because his 2014 was better than his 2015 that should hurt his chances. Nobody delivered more in big match situations this year than Styles in my opinion. But I'm totally with you on Roddy, he's a guy I liked a lot, then grew to be indifferent about, who has turned it around so much in the last few years that he's now one of the best workers in the game. I really hope Roddy at least gets an NXT stint.

Seth "and if they don't boo me then, I'll do a sick 450 splash to really piss them off" Rollins and John "and then, when Wade Barrett kicks out of my third AA, they'll have to admit I'm a good wrestler" Cena can both go do one.

Seth Fucking Rollins and one of the worst title reigns EVER? Are you clowns serious here?!

Well Cena sux and Bayley is a girl and he does flippiez.

Just kidding, I'm sure some of you didn't vote for Rollins for any of the above reasons. Just most of you.

My reaction upon coming in from work this evening and looking at the poll results:

XcbfrWe.gif

We did iiit!

It's OK, Seth Rollins stans, you can be wrong this year but it's all about hugs and love right now. You dig in, you stick with it and never give up and you can come back next year and be right.

[YOUTUBE]Lu8u5cRaUyY[/YOUTUBE]

THERE AIN'T NO STOPPIN US NOW
WE CELEBRATE ON THE FLOOR
TOP DOWN, WE'RE READY TO GO
TO ALL THE PEOPLE ACROSS EVERY NATIOooN

TURN IT UP AND GIVE ME SOME MOOORE

Your 2015 Wrestle of the Year...

IT'S... BAYLEEEY!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics