• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WrestleMania XXIV: Randy Orton vs. John Cena vs. Triple H

Ok. First of all, for the most part, Dec. through right up to Wrestlemania is pretty much always predictable. Why? To build up for Mania. Sure, surprises are good, but there needs to be some storyline, emotion, etc. You can't get that with a bunch of surprises. It also makes people look forward to Mania. It's not a new thing. It's happened for as far back as I can remember.

True, true, but atleast back in the attitude era there were undercard matches, such as tag or european title matches which were unpredictable. You would have title changes even leading up to Wrestlemania, maybe to get a superstar more over or to heat up a feud. Nowadays we have Jeff Hardy pointlessly holding onto the IC belt, the tag titles not being defended at all, and the Cruiserweight title has been vacant for nearly 6 months!

If you're right than I'll admit that I am wrong, but that is the most ridiculous statement I've ever heard and is completely non-sensical. Why would Vince put a guy that only half the people like at the top when he could have a guy that about 80% of the people like up there? Plus, he's a fresh merchandise face, which is good to bring in variety, as all the kiddies are loaded w/ Cena shirts and don't need any more.

Jeff Hardy, quite simply, doesn't seem to me as a man who can draw ratings and buyrates. He's a firm upper midcarder, but I find it hard to believe Jeff as being WWE Champion. His mic skills are bad to say the least, and quite frankly, I can't remember the last time there was a WWE Champion who had bad mic skills. And, like I'll explain below, Cena gets more of a reaction than Jeff. And variety means jack if there not selling. I don't know the figures, but WWE made their biggest profit to date last year, surely that has something to do with Cena?

No he isn't. Trips has a presence to him that Cena will never have. He could use the bronco buster as a finisher for awhile and not be phased too badly because Triple H is just plain and simply "the man." There is a reason why he is always on top......other than because of Steph. Cena doesn't have that "is"ness. He's just annoying.

Triple H may have a presence, but there's only a certain amount of ''I'm the game, I'm the best in the business, the title is mine etc etc'' promo's he can do before it gets tiresome. And Cena is annoying, yes, but he gets a reaction. When Trips won the chamber, the crowd was nearly dead silent. When Cena run the Rumble, half the crowd was cheering, half was boo'ing. Like Rock in 2002, he was a face and yet he gots boo's, but that added to his matches (e.g. vs. Hogan at Wrestlemania, vs. Lesnar at SummerSlam). This is the same for Cena (e.g. vs. HHH at WM22, vs. Orton at SummerSlam'07).

This does nothing but hurt your case. The biggest name since the austin/rock era is John Cena, and buyrates are low. What does that say? Maybe it's time to try a little something different.

I'm just saying that Vince WAS hurt when Rock + Austin left. Plus, I used stats from 2003, when Cena was a mere midcarder. Here's some stats which will back my point up:

Royal Rumble
2003 0.95
2004 0.98
2005 0.83
2006 1.31 (Cena vs. Edge)
2007 1.25 (Cena vs. Umaga)

Wrestlemania
2003 1.40
2004 1.63
2005 2.46 (Cena vs. JBL)
2006 2.33 (Cena vs. HHH)
2007 2.97 (Cena vs. HBK)

SummerSlam
2003 0.94
2004 0.94
2005 1.34 (Cena vs. Y2J)
2006 1.35 (Cena vs. Edge)
2007 N/A

Survivor Series
2002 0.86
2003 0.73
2004 0.81
2005 0.94 (Cena vs. Angle)
2006 0.96 (Cena's team vs. Big Show's team)
2007 0.85 (No Cena)

Cena = Buys, Vince needs him as champ to keep them up.

Randy orton should win so he can have something to be proud of in his reign as champ i like orton but i liked him more when he won the heavyweight title in 04 and why does he have a freakin spinner belt he should have something that fits his character he has the potentail to be a great champion but he hasnt been one. triple h will win and bury another superstar ansd its going to take orton another 4 years to be good again.

I think John Cena is gonna win the triple threat match for wm24 and then Jeff Hardy will win the money in the bank contract...and hardy will lose his IC championship to Chris jericho or Mr. Kennedy then he will probaly save his contract till ONS or Summerslam and make it an Ladder match for the WWE championship to fight John Cena and then Jeff Hardy will finally win his WWE championship imo

If orton wins i will be so shocked because it has made him look like a wimp all through his reign

true orton has looked weak but vince has been trying to make people believe orton is a big star letting him retain validates that idea for the sake of his career i believe that as long as he is not pinned or submitted he can still be okay

With people on the subject that Kennedy winning the MITB then cashing it in that night, I don't think it's going to happen... anymore.

If the WWE would have been smart and not let Kennedy burst out and say that he's going to cash it in at WrestleMania it would have added more "shock value" if you will. No one would be expecting it. They would have thought either Orton, Cena, or Triple H would have been walking out with the title, not Kennedy. They shouldn't have dropped the ball with it. It would have been able to have tons of storylines.

As for the match, I believe Triple H will win by pinning Orton.

I would have thought that it was possible that Kennedy could win MITB and then win the title later that night, but since it was mentioned on Raw, I dont think it will happen now. I would like to see Orton win because it would be a surprise, and besides for the Rumble, WWE has not been very surprising lately. Saying that I expect Triple H to win the match, it has been too long since he has ahd the title, at least in HHH's mind, and Cena since just returned from his injury, I dont think he will win, at least I hope not. They could do so much more with him if he is not the champion.

HHH will deffinatley win this match because I am expecting a John Cena vs. HHH fued, until Jeff Hardy cashed in his Breifcase. (If you haven't guessed I am going for Hardy in the MitB.) Orton will hit the RKO on Cena, then Orton will get hit by the pedigree. Cena will say he didn't get pinned leading to HHH cena fued.

I like this match ebcause they combined 3 feuds well. In my opinion, Cena vs HHH was never particularily interesting, and HHH vs Orton and Cena vs Orton were stale, now we have something fresh. It doesn't feel forced because all have feuded with each other in the past 2 years, and always a high profile feud.

I never thought Id say this but give HHH the belt back Orton and Cena SUCK!!!! I am sorry I don't care how good people think they are on the mic or the reaction they get when they come out, in the ring both of them are like matching paint dry absolutley horrible. No psycology in the ring either of them. Orton only looks to do the RKO thats it Cena is all over the place obviously these two need lessons in how to put on a good flowing psycological match that makes sense.

I would love to see Orton retain. However even if that were to happen the WWE couldn't possibly ever let a heel walk out of WrestleMania with the title so the winner of the Money In The Bank Ladder Match will come out after the match and win the WWE Championship. Maybe Jeff Hardy. Then Matt Hardy will come out and congratulate to have a Eddie/Benoit moment once again.

L4L, I agree about Cena but I think Orton is a little better than you give credit for.

Well, if we are going to speculate, it looks like Orton doesn't have much of a chance at retaining. All signs point at HHH or Cena winning with the other chasing. Personally I think if the WWE wants to get anything out of this match, they should have Orton retain clean.

Aside from beating Hardy at the Rumble and HBK at Survivor Series, Orton has either been beaten in a non title match or lost by DQ in all of his other matches during his title run. If he loses the title at Mania, it will end one of the worst runs as WWE Champion from a credibility standpoint. If he loses he will also have to move down the card after the mandatory Backlash rematch, seeing as its going to be HHH-Cena for the summber unless the MITB winner slips in, which will further devalue Orton. Imagine though, if he pulls this off clean and pins either HHH or Cena. Then he would instantly be a more credible champion and niether Cena or HHH would look any weaker. Then Orton can have a good heel run with a pissed of heel HHH still chasing and a face Cena doing his thing. Orton has far more to gain in this than HHH and Cena have to lose.

in my opinion, this is the night that orton needs if he ever wants to be remembered as champion....this is the night that will really confirm that he is at the main event level and will be at that level for the rest of his career...i mean john cena and triple h have had there nights that people will always remember and there nights that made everybody realize they are in deed "the man"....HHH is a 11 time champion and john cena is a 3 tyme or 4 watever im not sure...they both had dere nights of retaining the championship at wrestlemania....randy orton only retained his title in a clean way at the royal rumble against hardy, but thru out the whole fued and build up to the match randy orton was made to look weak against hardy....every other title match he had since winning at no mercy, he has retained by cheating or getting himself disqualified....come on wwe why give him the "one man dynasty" gimmick if he is gonna be looking weak thru out his whole reign....thats why this is the night that they should make randy orton retain his wwe championship for he can have that one main hightlight in his career besides winning the heavyweight title against benoit which wwe doesnt even mention that much cuz of the beniot situation....every wwe fan is predicting that hhh or cena is going to win this match for sure and they say that orton has absolutly no chance in hell to win this match, and i kno wwe knows this and that why if they want to make wrestlemania the night where people get shocked and surprised just like it was before, they make randy orton retain his title against HHH and cena....like orton or not, he is a very good wrestler and he is one of the best heels in this generation and he is goin to be considered one of the best heels of all time.....if wwe wants fans to show respect to randy orton and make people believe he deserves the main event spots, they make him retain and that will for sure make him look like a "one man dynasty"....i know deres alot of HHH fans out there but come on, how many times is this guy gonna be in the main event at wrestlemania??? same goes for john cena....people get tired of that and wwe needs to start giving other wrestlers those spots such as orton hardy jericho etc....come on wwe shock all of us and make randy orton win this match for he can be remebered as champion....if not, his title reign was a fuckin waste of time.....and to top it off if i was in the creative team and they told me to give an option on how the match should end, i will say this...._orton hhh and cena are all in the ring fighting blah blah blah, then hhh throws orton out of the ring and den hhh and cena go blow for blows and the crowd forgets about orton and they focusing on hhh and cena.....cena gets knocked with a spine buster by hhh and orton trys to come back in the ring but hhh knocks him down rite back outside of the ring....den when hhh turns around, cena comes out of nowhere and goes for the F-U but hhh counters it and lands behind cena and kicks cena and goes for the pedigree while orton is sneaking up from behind and while hhh jumps to give cena the pedigree orton RKOS hhh at the same tyme (meaning that hhh still got to hit the pedigree but while he was in the air, orton came from behind and hit the rko so cena got pedigreed and hhh got rko'd at the same tyme).....the crowd goes nuts and jr and king do dere part by hyping it up and orton goes for the cover 1-2-3 and orton retains the wwe championship.....

everyone agrees orton has the most to gain but wwe has screwed him over in the past (deserved some of it because of backstage attitude) but if they want us to believe he is as big as they say he is he needs to retain but wwe hardly ever get things right so I am not holding my breath by the way mike 2456 awesome ending idea

This match makes me thinkback 2 mania16. No1 expected hhh 2keep the strap,every1 had the rock getn the belt but guess what hhh won and a heel went over. Idont understand why a heel cant win 2close out mania. IMO if this match is last on the card hhh goes over, if edge vs. taker is the main then ic orton getn the w

To me the match itself might not be that excitng but the biuld up to is fantastic. I c Trips or cena walkin out with the belt.

CENA:Has been gone for however long and this would be away to put him over.

TRIPLE H:hasnt held the WWE title in 6 or 7 years.This year might just be the year he takes back his throne.

ORTON:if he wins it would shock the hell out of me. Orton has great mic skills, OK wrestling skills, and just may be the top heel on the raw roster

Although this will never beat the triple threat at wrestlemania 20 it will be an entertaining match. Wrestlemania 20 had 2 of the best damn wrestlers in the world HBK and BENOIT. This will entertain you more but the TAKER VS EDGE will be ths second best wrestling match. I think if the WWE doesn't fuck this up it will be a great match

Well as Jeff Hardy is now out of the MITB Ladder Match I reckon Kennedy will win it for the 2nd year in a row, I'm going to predict Triple H wins the belt and loses it straight away to Mr.Kennedy who cashes in MITB at WrestleMania XXIV like he promised one whole year ago!

Then at Backlash Mr.Kennedy defends the WWE Championship against Triple H.

Well as Jeff Hardy is now out of the MITB Ladder Match I reckon Kennedy will win it for the 2nd year in a row, I'm going to predict Triple H wins the belt and loses it straight away to Mr.Kennedy who cashes in MITB at WrestleMania XXIV like he promised one whole year ago!

Yeah right. Kennedy isn't Hogan. And this isn't 1993. They won't have HHH win it then drop the title 30 seconds later. That's something that might happen at a another show. But the biggest one of the year? I doubt it.

Your idea could hold slight weight, but not with Triple H. as the lead choice to win then drop the Championship. Thats already been done, think back to No Mercy of last year.

Why would they allow Triple H. to win the Championship, only to lose it within a matter of minutes directly afterward? They'd want his Championship reigns to be note-worthy, not fluke-ish. And I'm thinking his Championship win/lose to Orton in the same night is going to be one of the only spots on his record that'll show him being a short reigning Champion.

If anything, your idea could hold weight for John Cena to win the Championship, only to lose it directly after that way he can still stay in the Championship picture and people might jump on Cena's back to have him chase the title that he "wrongfully" lost.

I think we're forgetting something here...

The Undertaker's career is probably going to end within the next three years. After that happens, there won't be any wrestlers with a compelling Wrestlemania winning streak. They blew that with Edge last year. So now they have to look at their remaining crop of stars to see who has compiled an impressive Wrestlemania streak. John Cena immediately comes to mind.

My prediction is that Cena wins, gets credited for compiling a Wrestlemania streak, and defeats The Undertaker at next year's Wrestlemania.

It's becoming harder to imagine Cena losing this match. Sure, an argument could be made that an Orton victory will forever seal him as a consisten main event star. However, it's hard to imagine McMahon allowing his two top faces to lose in front of the largest pay-per-view audience in WWE history. And once again, since this year they will likely draw their largest pay-per-view audience of all time, they are going to want to put over their flag-bearer. Cena is now that guy, not Triple H. And I think Triple is smart enough to realize that. Triple H has a financial stake in John Cena. After all, someday it will be Trips, Stephanie, and Shane running WWE. The more profitable Cena is, the more money Triple H will make.

I could be wrong, but I think Cena will become the new streak guy once Taker is gone.

To be honest, I'm still holding out hope for a Kennedy surprise. But the practical part of me predicts a Cena victory.

First of all, let me say that I am really looking forward to this match. I don't care what anyone says, the match will be entertaining. No, it won't be a techincal masterpiece, or probably even anything like the 3-Way from WrestleMania XX. However, it will do its job, and these three all bring something to the table. I imagine we'll see a big table spot, maybe some blood, maybe even controversery. Whatever happens, I think this will be a better match than most people are predicting it will be, and I really can't wait to see it.

Call me whatever you'd like...

But, as for my prediction on the winner, I am leaning toward Triple H. I don't think we'll see anyone cash in any Money in the Bank, I think it will just be your standard 'Mania finish, with Triple H standing tall and proud, holding up the WWE Title.

My prediction may change in the next two weeks, though. So, we'll have to wait and see.

If anything, your idea could hold weight for John Cena to win the Championship, only to lose it directly after that way he can still stay in the Championship picture and people might jump on Cena's back to have him chase the title that he "wrongfully" lost.

No. You can't have Cena be "screwed" out of the title again because that has been already done. Remember Edge in 06 at New Years Revolution. Orton "injuring" Cena before No Mercy 07. Edge spearing Cena at One Night Stand in 06. Remember all those? It's already happened.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, don't have Kennedy cash in his (if he wins) MITB briefcase at WrestleMania because I believe it will further devalue the MITB.

No. You can't have Cena be "screwed" out of the title again because that has been already done. Remember Edge in 06 at New Years Revolution. Orton "injuring" Cena before No Mercy 07. Edge spearing Cena at One Night Stand in 06. Remember all those? It's already happened.

Why not? WWE has a knack for repeating past storylines/ideas. So, why not here? Alot of things have been repeated so it wouldn't really matter. Plus, do you have any idea how much heat the person who 'screwed' Cena out of another world title reign would get. He would be pushed as the top heel on RAW automatically. I personnally would love to see Cena win, and lose the title in a matter of minutes.

I don't care about the credibility of the world title, becuase lately it hasn't been showed as a credible title.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, don't have Kennedy cash in his (if he wins) MITB briefcase at WrestleMania because I believe it will further devalue the MITB.

I, on the other hand, would love to see Kennedy win the MITB ladder match, and then win the WWE championship all in one night. In my opinion, that would give Kennedy's career a much needed breath of fresh air. And as for devaluing the MITB, how? How would that devalue the MITB? In my opinion, it would actually add value to the MITB. As that way the stipulation 'Cash it in whenever' would be true.

Another reason why I would love to see Kennedy win the MITB briefcase, again is because he promised he would cash it in at WrestleMania 24. So, he could make many promos, saying 'I promised, and delivered'.

I think we're forgetting something here...

The Undertaker's career is probably going to end within the next three years. After that happens, there won't be any wrestlers with a compelling Wrestlemania winning streak. They blew that with Edge last year. So now they have to look at their remaining crop of stars to see who has compiled an impressive Wrestlemania streak. John Cena immediately comes to mind.

My prediction is that Cena wins, gets credited for compiling a Wrestlemania streak, and defeats The Undertaker at next year's Wrestlemania.

It's becoming harder to imagine Cena losing this match. Sure, an argument could be made that an Orton victory will forever seal him as a consisten main event star. However, it's hard to imagine McMahon allowing his two top faces to lose in front of the largest pay-per-view audience in WWE history. And once again, since this year they will likely draw their largest pay-per-view audience of all time, they are going to want to put over their flag-bearer. Cena is now that guy, not Triple H. And I think Triple is smart enough to realize that. Triple H has a financial stake in John Cena. After all, someday it will be Trips, Stephanie, and Shane running WWE. The more profitable Cena is, the more money Triple H will make.

I could be wrong, but I think Cena will become the new streak guy once Taker is gone.

To be honest, I'm still holding out hope for a Kennedy surprise. But the practical part of me predicts a Cena victory.

I 100% agree with you taker wont be in the wwe much longer and cena is the new streak vince maybe looking into the future thinking that is our new streak man and thats why im going for cena, it is definetly going to put cena as one of the best wwe superstars ever!!!

Cena 50%
HHH 40%
Orton 10%

thats my predictions up to now

I am really looking forward to this match and I think it'll be a great main event. Though I want HHH to win but I believe it'll be a great entertaining match to view and enjoy all the way. I wont be surprised if Cena wins or maybe Orton will retain who knows!

I would love to see Triple H get the belt.All I know is that I dont want John Cena to get it. I felt ripped off when I had got the Royal Rumble and John Cena came back. I love John Cena dont get me wronge I have just had enough of his face. I really dont mind if Randy Orton keeps the belt just as long as Cena dose not get it. I think is going to be a great match and I cant wait till Wrestlemanina to see the out come!!!

Rosie Posie Rock-n-Roll

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back