WrestleMania XXIV: Randy Orton vs. John Cena vs. Triple H

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic

WWE Championship Triple Threat Match
Triple H vs Randy Orton (c) vs John Cena

In many ways, the Triple Threat Match between Triple H, John Cena and WWE Champion Randy Orton at WrestleMania XXIV has been brewing for years. When you have three elite Superstars who all want the same thing, there’s bound to be an explosion.

These Superstars are not strangers to one another. Their careers have intertwined as they have all pursued the WWE Championship. But their dynamics with one another are very different.

Triple H and Orton were once friends. When they were teammates in Evolution, one of the greatest factions of all-time, Orton was the student, the diamond in the rough whose potential The Game noticed almost immediately. Back in those days, Orton was the student and Triple H was the teacher.

But their relationship was destroyed because they both wanted the same thing – World Championship gold. Both wanted to be the best, but there could only be room for one at the top. Triple H has been a constant thorn in Orton’s side whenever he has won a world title. When the Legend Killer became the youngest World Heavyweight Champion in WWE history in 2004, he was immediately targeted by The Game – and lost the gold to his former mentor. Years later, in 2007, when Orton was named WWE Champion at No Mercy after John Cena’s injury, The Cerebral Assassin challenged – and defeated him – again.

Orton regained the gold that same night, but some say he has never stopped looking over his shoulder. Triple H has rained on his parade during all of his career-defining moments, the third-generation Superstar believes. But at WrestleMania, the Legend Killer wants Triple H front and center for yet another career-defining moment.

The self-proclaimed “one-man dynasty” is not the same student that shadowed Triple H in Evolution. Orton has evolved into a sadistic champion who has mastered mind games and will do anything to keep his title. He has cemented his hold on the WWE Championship in recent months by turning back the challenges of Shawn Michaels, Chris Jericho and even The Game. Orton learned his lessons well from The Cerebral Assassin, and he believes he has surpassed his former teacher. He considers Triple H a nuisance and wants to humble The King of Kings once and for all – and can’t think of a better stage than at WrestleMania XXIV in Orlando, Fla.
The Champion-sized Thorn

Orton would also love to vanquish John Cena. These two have never been friends and have waged a personal war over the WWE Championship. The Legend Killer tried to end Cena’s career, and was responsible for putting him on the shelf with a torn pectoral tendon, forcing him to relinquish the WWE Title. He has attempted every underhanded, cowardly trick to keep “The Champ” away from the gold. However, Cena has continued battling back.

If Orton can put both Cena and The Game away in one night at WrestleMania, it will be difficult to argue with his claim that he is a “one-man dynasty.” But Cena is not about to let that happen. He wants Orton to pay for taking away everything he held dear. For Cena, the only way he will find redemption is if he leaves WrestleMania XXIV with the gold he never lost in the ring.
A King's Return to the Throne?

Triple H also has that same vision of redemption. WrestleMania XXIV represents his return to his favorite stage – The Grandest of Them All. Last year, he missed WrestleMania due to a career-threatening injury. He has overcome all sorts of obstacles, gauntlets and five opponents in the Elimination Chamber at No Way Out to make it back to The Grandest Stage of Them All.

The Game has headlined WrestleMania several times before, but this year is different. He wants – needs – to show that he is still truly The King of Kings. His 11th title reign was way too short. Triple H wants to win his 12th World Championship and kill the growing legend of Randy Orton. But The Game is also haunted by Cena, a man he has never defeated. He still remembers tapping out to Cena’s STFU at WrestleMania 22. Surviving both Orton and Cena at WrestleMania XXIV would show that Triple H is truly back and at the top of his Game.

Who will leave the Citrus Bowl with sports-entertainment’s Holy Grail? Who will exorcise their personal demons and find redemption at WrestleMania XXIV? There is only room for one king atop the WWE mountain. The only way to find out the answers to these questions is to catch WrestleMania XXIV, live on pay-per-view, on Sunday March 30 at a special start time of 7 pm ET/ 4 pm PT.

Boring. But better than another HHH vs. Cena or Orton vs. Cean match. HHH and Cena had a boring match two years ago at Mania, and Orton vs. Cena was a feud from last summer. While it would have made an ok Mania main event, it's being promoted tonight at NWO.

I'm sure it'll be fine. But I'm not a fan of any of them, so I could easily skip this match.

I'm 100% sure that John Cena will be added to this match. I see either Cena or Triple H winning the title here. I don't see Orton retaining. Should be the main event but I think Edge vs. Taker deserves to be the main event. This is very close to WM XX's main event.

I am pretty sure that Trips will walk out of WM with the gold. He jobbed away the title in WM 20 and 21 and then lost in his challenge for the title with Cena at WM 22. He has not won at WM since WM19 (five years!) and he will be looking to get back on top finally. I definitely expect Cena to be inserted maybe as early as tonight. But somehow feel like it is actually Triple H's turn to go back on top.

Without a doubt. Triple H needs to win this match. He needs to turn heel, and he needs to win this match. WWE, and especially RAW itself, need more "bad guys" who are actual contenders. Sure there is Orton, but that is one. One guy. Other than that there is Kennedy, JBL, Umaga. All completely unrealistic title holders. Maybe on Smackdown, and sure as hell on God awful ECW, but RAW? No. I also agree that Cena will be put into this match it is obvious since Orton got DQ'd on purpose, that was the easy way to get Cena instead of Trips to win the Rumble and to get HHH in the main event at WM at the same time. This will be the main event, and I personally think it deserves it as RAW has become easily the dominant brand. Oh, and did CM Punk really lose to Chavo Guerrero last night? I mean... Why would they do that? Get him off ECW. As a matter of fact, get ECW off the air.

I'd like to see Randy Orton retain the title at Wrestlemania. I hope they do not add to this match. I was hoping that they would keep the Orton v. Cena for WM XXIV, but I guess not.

Triple H will win.

The WWE has to acknowledge the tons of fans that don't want to see Cena walk out with the gold again, and they have to realize that Orton is a total bore. Hence, they hand the title over to Triple H.

Boring. But better than another HHH vs. Cena or Orton vs. Cean match. HHH and Cena had a boring match two years ago at Mania, and Orton vs. Cena was a feud from last summer. While it would have made an ok Mania main event, it's being promoted tonight at NWO.

I'm sure it'll be fine. But I'm not a fan of any of them, so I could easily skip this match.[/QUOTE]

You know i am agreeing with the whole this match will probably be not the best out there. Basically like u have stated all they are doing is packing 3 diffrent rivalries into on match, Cena vs orton, Cena Vs hunter, and hunter vs orton. This match should be pretty good, with the outcome being that orton does not have that title anymore, unless he tryes to pull off a dq, which would really piss me off, but i could see that happening. But saying that Cena Vs HHH was boring......What is next that the rock vs hogan was boring or that Hogan vs andre was a complete shitty match that is BS!!!!!!!!!!!! THat was a pretty good match, not anythign compared to the other two i said but it was a really good match, along with last years witch was history making.

All I have to say, is I hope they don't seriously make this "the" Main Event of Wrestlemania.. when in the end, you know they will, simply because regardless of how much more entertaining Edge v. Undertaker will be, or how much more meaningful.. they'll always assume John Cena and Triple H. will be what they crowd gathered for. And unfortunately, they're probably true.

I can't see this match being worth anything special. And to be honest, it just doesn't have appeal to me. John Cena in a Championship match has become as numbing to me as Batista gaining Championship title shots all of last year. Its just unrealistic and hard to believe.

Also, you realize the funny thing is.. they'll be building Triple H. as the tweener in this match more than likely, yet since his return, Cena has been receiving more and more boos, that get louder and louder each week.

I can't see any chance in hell that Randy Orton ends up walking out of Wrestlemania with the W.W.E. Championship.. and wouldn't it be shocking as hell if he did? You know it'll never happen, and the bigger guess would be who'd win it between Triple H. or John Cena?

Honestly, Cena lost it to Randy Orton, or rather gave it up. Triple H. won it and lost it in the same night. So its a coin flip on who they'd rather carry it. And my guess is since Cena is still coming off an incredibly LONG Championship reign, that they'll give Triple H. the Championship and have Cena chase it for a couple monthes.

If Cena wins the Championship, seriously, what more could they do?! Cena's faced and defeated everyone on Raw thats worthy of a Championship match, except Jeff Hardy.. if you consider him worthy. And I REALLY don't wanna see Hardy v. Cena.

Overall..

Triple H.: 50% chance of winning
John Cena: 49% chance of winning
Randy Orton: 1% chance of winning - Simply because hes IN the match, he has to have at least a remote outside shot at retaining.

Of cause it'll be the main event Will. It's got the WWE's two top stars. And it'll end with one of them winning the title. And to be honest that's the way it should end. It should finish with a title finish. I know Taker will win the title, but Cena winning will be bigger. It's a fact. Same with HHH.

Last years Taker match should have gone on last, just as Rey Mysterios title victory should. But this year both world titles will have a title change, so the biggest match (this one) should end the show.

I'll reply to the rep comment

hhhfan11: what the heck... Cena vs Hunter a bad match??????? That was a pretty good match, espiecally if u was sitting there watching it live.

Live is different. You were probably excited to be at Mania.

The fact is that the fans still cheered HHH and bood Cena. Fair enough, it was common then. But Edge had got most of the fans to boo him, that's what a real heel should do.

But the match was slow. Really slow. Both were capable of having a good match. Instead they had an average one. In fact it took them adding Edge at Backlash before they had a decent match together. They don't work well together. Sometimes that happens.

HHH vs. Cena? The thought fills me with nothing but indifference. It could ge great, but it still wouldn't intrest me. Add to that Orton, another wrestler who I couldn't care less about and you've got the making of one of the most unintresting Mania matches of all time.

Mania is supposed to be special. So promoting a match that has been done in various forms for the past few years is not going to generate as much intrest as a match that's either never been done, or hasn't been done in a while.

Cena vs. HHH is hardly The Rock vs. Stone Cold.

This match does have potential, but the WWE needs to play this right. The 3 options are:

Randy Orton Retains - By far the most shocking, and unlikely outcome of the match. But the WWE wants to be less predictable? Then let Orton retain, he does his job as an arrogent champion better than anyone. Im a big fan of Orton, and im going to be cheering for him tonight.

Triple H Wins - The more likely outcome, and it would be a good one too. He needs to turn heel, prehaps have a mini Evolution reunion with Orton, but with Orton always having that sneaky look about him. Like he's waiting till HHH lets his guard down, while HHH thinks he has Orton's number the whole time. HHH has a pretty big chance of winning this, and it would be a good move.

John Cena Wins - Oh god, please no. Im going to admit, I am actually a huge John Cena fan. Not because he's superman, but because he does his job well. He carry's his character well, but for the love of god, please learn some new moves. If he wins, which is what Vince wants, we are all in for another year long reign. And im going to tell you this, the WWE will loose that small portion of fans from the attiude era still watching, and the only fans left will be Cena fans. This would be the worst outcome. He has no more fueds left. Sad thing is, this will probably be the outcome.

Prediction: Randy Orton To Retain The WWE Championship.

Go on WWE, shock us.

I like this main event alot. It has a lot of history. First there was the cena triple h mas two years ago. Then you have triple h's injury putting him out of action. Then you have the orton cena feud that has been going on a while. This also includes the redemption for triple h's three title match night. If you look at it there are three feuds that have taken place over the last couple of years all climaxing at the biggest stage Wrestle Mania. Not only that you have the top face now like it or not Cena as well as the top heel Orton. These two are the headliners the most popular even though he has his haters and the most evil even though he has his fans. Then you throw the game in the mix and you have a great match. The three biggest draws in wwe in one match is an excellent idea. It should be the main event. Then you also have edge vs. taker right before. So you have a great wrestling match followed by a match of great history and vibe.

personally i do not like this match one bit. i feel that at wrestlemania there should be a 1 on 1 match for each brands title. wrestlemania is the biggest show of the years so it should feature the two best people in the company going head to head. alll this match is doing is adding some suspense as to who is going to pin or make orton submit cuz we know that the other two wont be.

if i had to make a guess i would say triple h walks out of wrestlemania with the belt. its been 3years since he had the belt not counting no mercy. personally i think he deserves the title reign as long as he is a heel. no matter what people say he is still one of the most over guys in wwe and one of the best heels they have had in a while. i hope trips wins and fueds with cena or a little then hardy cashes in his money in the bank he will win and take the belt at summerslam or survivor series.

Personally I feel that Trips will win, but he'll take advantage of a finisher used by Cena/Orton. This match has alot of potential if they build it right and book it to the fans liking. Let Orton keep doing his job as the BEST heel champ in awhile, and turn Trips heel right b4 wrestlemania. Cena shouldn't play a big part in this match. He's gotten boring.

Im pulling to Orton to win (by cheating of course), and hopefully Jeff comes out and cashes in the MITB case (which he'll most likely win) and wins the WWE title. That would be a true Wrestlemania moment and wishful thinking on my part.

Instead of Cena vs. Orton vs HHH for the WWE Championship, I'm thinking, when was the last time a WrestleMania Main Event featured a Fatal 4 Way Match? Well as my memory serves me, perhaps correctly, it was WrestleMania 2000, eight years ago. I would've loved to see Cena vs. Orton vs. HHH vs. Hardy but anyways, we all know Cena isn't one to be left out of WrestleMania Main Event as the same goes for Triple H, so this was bound. We know that it's more likely a face prevails out of WrestleMania with the belt. Cena had the belt year long last year, thus, Vince should have a few pebbles of sense left to know not to put the title back on him so soon and let him continue to chase it. Therefore, your winner, and 12 time Champion, The Game... Triple H....! Predictable but I want it to happen anyway.

i personally want Randy Orton to win, as said before it's the most unpredictable and i amd a big fan of orton i know that he can be a good champ and he can either become a babyface from this or be even more arrogant.. which he does really well.

i dont want cena to win he just bugs me i cant stand watching him so im will be really annoyed if cena wins!

but i excpect hhh to win, because he will prob end up have the biggest hype going into it and he will turn heel again which would be good, so its not completly bad.

whatever happens i hopw wwe makes it a good match because they havent had that many recently..but i did enjoy the cena-orton match on raw :D

although i agree with 'lashley07'
Go on WWE, shock us.

I'll reply to the rep comment

hhhfan11: what the heck... Cena vs Hunter a bad match??????? That was a pretty good match, espiecally if u was sitting there watching it live.

Live is different. You were probably excited to be at Mania.

The fact is that the fans still cheered HHH and bood Cena. Fair enough, it was common then. But Edge had got most of the fans to boo him, that's what a real heel should do.

But the match was slow. Really slow. Both were capable of having a good match. Instead they had an average one. In fact it took them adding Edge at Backlash before they had a decent match together. They don't work well together. Sometimes that happens.

HHH vs. Cena? The thought fills me with nothing but indifference. It could ge great, but it still wouldn't intrest me. Add to that Orton, another wrestler who I couldn't care less about and you've got the making of one of the most unintresting Mania matches of all time.

Mania is supposed to be special. So promoting a match that has been done in various forms for the past few years is not going to generate as much intrest as a match that's either never been done, or hasn't been done in a while.

Cena vs. HHH is hardly The Rock vs. Stone Cold.

I agree with that 100% it just kind of struck a nerve when i felt as if u were saying that the cena vs hhh match was pathetic. I do agree that if they had tried this match could have been up there in the history books. I am also agreeing that this years matfch will be really boring. Nothing compared to last years cena vs Shawn, now that was a good match.

as much as I enjoy the occasional triple threat match, I think they are going over board. They dont hold the excitement any more. there are way to many of them. I would have like to see HHH VS Orton. everyother pay per view seems to have a triple threat match for the championship. they need to go back to the old days of 1 on 1 to show the talent of particular wrestler and have a better rivalry build.

Although I like both Cena and Triple H, I'm happy Orton gets to keep the title at least until WrestleMania. I'd not mind if he retained at 'Mania either, he's a good champion and a win in this match would earn him some credibility, especially since he's never won against John Cena.

Right now it looks like it's going to be Cena or Hunter, and right now I'd say Triple H wins he title, with Cena staying in the title picture for a long time after WM of course.

If this match is the main event it will be a travesty. I Fucking hate WWE style Triple Threat matches. The first pinfall thing is just ******ed. I love the ECW Triangle matches where there were two pinfalls in the match. If you get beat you're eliminated.

I really don't see why Triple H is in the main event besides the fact that he is Triple H. The WWE dropped the ball on this. Why not save Cena vs. Orton for Mania. Cena comes back from an injury and faces the guy that took him out and gets his title back, simple enough and it would sell, but no, let's through the Lame in there for shits and giggles.

The sad thing is, this match will be the main event while a match the calibre of Edge vs. Taker will be buried on the midcard.

If this match is the main event it will be a travesty. I Fucking hate WWE style Triple Threat matches. The first pinfall thing is just ******ed. I love the ECW Triangle matches where there were two pinfalls in the match. If you get beat you're eliminated.

WWE did the elimination thing at WM16 with the whole McMahon in every corner shit, I like how those matches are set up with the eliminations, I think that is the way it should be, especially at WM, I think WWE likes the sudden death style rules cause they view it as a way to take the belt off the champion without making them look weak by getting pinned or submitting

I really don't see why Triple H is in the main event besides the fact that he is Triple H. The WWE dropped the ball on this. Why not save Cena vs. Orton for Mania. Cena comes back from an injury and faces the guy that took him out and gets his title back, simple enough and it would sell, but no, let's through the Lame in there for shits and giggles.

Because he draws, and is a proven ME level guy, who is reliable, I'm sure being Triple H had something to do with it too, personally I would rather see the triple threat than the Cena/Orton one on one match, that's been done several times in the past six months already, why not do something that hasn't been done yet?

The sad thing is, this match will be the main event while a match the calibre of Edge vs. Taker will be buried on the midcard.

Yeah that sucks, but I'm not paying for this, and as long as Edge/Taker gets close if not more time then what Taker/Batista got last year I'll be happy

I Like the whole triple threat idea, But the idea of Triple H Getting the win doesn't make me to happy. Cena's not ready to get put back in the top spot. Hopefully Orton will Retain because He's the most Talented Guy in the match. In My Eyes anyway

Sometimes Vince is real dumb this match is so predictable personally. I want Orton to retain but we all know orton is going to be the one who is pinned trips wouldnt dare get pinned he is power hungry cena is vince's golden boy and all that leaves is the youngest person in the match who has no chance of winning because vince doesnt know how to be unpredictable Randy Orton. Dang I hate this match!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok, i know i may be sounding pretty stupid right now, and i do see my wrong ways for what i said earlier but in my honest opinion i dont really see edge vs taker as good a match as batista vs taker nor do i see this triple threat match for the title as good as the past two years matches. What i would really like to see is like it was saying either Hogan Vs Rick Flair, or i have been seein a match on youtube that whould look good, The Rock vs HBK??? Opinons?????

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back