Will there be another TNA game?

IT Factor

IT happens!
As was displayed on the main wrestlezone rumor page, Kurt Angle stated that TNA are wanting to make a new game. Of course, Angle has been known for exaggerating or telling half-truths. But, think about it; What if it's true? I would hope that the title would be Impact Wrestling or maybe even Bound For Glory[since that's their Wrestlemania equivalent].

I was kind of split on TNA Impact! when it was released. It was a game with decent graphics, mediocre gameplay, and a very small roster. The season mode was a direct ripoff of the creation story mode from other WWE games. The create a wrestler sucked completely and overall I thought the game was a disappointment. However, I do realize first games are tricky to get right. Midway did a decent job with gameplay, though the alarmingly shallow amount of moves was annoying. That was the main problem with the game in my view[as far as gameplay was concerned]. You didn't really get enough moves to accurately represent the real-life counterparts of actual TNA wrestlers.

I would like to see a future TNA/Impact wrestling game simply because they have a good roster. Better than it has ever been as far as depth and uniqueness. You have legends and originals that would make for a perfect mix for a great wrestling game roster. I would hope that TNA had more on the game roster than TNA Impact did. Upwards of at least 50 and maybe 10 hidden[to be unlocked through various game challenges]. And speaking of challenges, a new game would need an actual story mode involving TNA superstars and not a creation driven story mode. The created wrestler tool needs massive revamping to even compete with what WWE does in their games. The biggest question is, who develops the game? Midway has since been bought out or went under in different game projects. Mortal Kombat was bought out and redone by WB Games. So are those the developers for Impact Wrestling games now? Because if so, even the graphics would be higher quality than the already impressive graphics that were in TNA Impact. Plus, Impact Wrestling has alot of unique match types that would make for specialty features. Ultimate X, King of the mountain ladder matches, the lockdown cage matches, etc.

My question for how legit this info from Angle actually is. Is he just screwing with people or does he know something? What would the wrestling game fans of this forum think of another TNA game?

I would support another TNA video game. There are many wrestling fans who like to play the wrestling video games and the thought of a TNA game when the last one came out was intruiging. It could be good for them to help promote the product further (word of mouth: other gamers find out about it, for example) and a chance to play as newer guys on the roster who were not there in the previous edition. They don't have to release a new one each year like WWE does but they should at least try another TNA Impact game. They could even bring back Suicide and use the game to give the character another push. Like the character or not, what they did for him was unique and I'd like to see it again both in video game form and an onscreen push. Legends like Sting can be unlockable.

If they got another developer, I'd love to see another TNA video game. I think that if they went with a good developer instead of Midway, they could have about five games out already. Once I heard that the Impact video game was all jacked up with its glitches and whatnot, I figured that it would be best to leave the game alone. I heard that the create-a-wrestler functions along with the entrances were quite lackluster. I always did want to play the Ultimate X match, though; that alone is a unique thing in the game. The roster would be fun, and overall, I think a video game done right would be a great help to TNA. Six-sided ring would probably be unlockable. Too bad the woman in my sig wouldn't be in the game though.

The shame of it is I think so many wrestling fans could actually design a better wrestling game than is put out by the wrestling companies.

I actually enjoyed TNA Impact, until I got to the point in the storymode where the ratio was 10:1 in terms of how many moves I had to do to win compared to how many the opponent had to do. Literally, I'd hit 30-40 moves on my opponent and couldn't pin him, but 5-10 on me and I was out. It REALLY makes a person not want to play when it is so unfair.

I would like to see another TNA game, and this time, I'd like to see it focus on quality VIDEO GAME wrestling in the ring, at which the main WWE games (SvR and '12) have continuously gotten worse. Start with a good base of a game, quality wrestling and a good storyline mode, a couple match gimmicks and a decent create-a-wrestler mode, and be done with it. Don't worry about getting fancy, don't worry about online play, don't worry about comprehensive modes right away. Build the base first, add the additional features later.

And I'll say this now, and if it ever happens, remember I said this. If a wrestling game would EVER include an EWR mode into it's main game, and it was done right and done well, that game would become a classic. I'm not talking the GM mode the WWE games had, I'm talking about a truly comprehensive experience running a promotion with several other promotions around the world, with the added benefit of actually being able to have the guys wrestle.

The shame of it is I think so many wrestling fans could actually design a better wrestling game than is put out by the wrestling companies.

Agreed. Which is why I'm hoping a better developer with a respect of pro wrestling gets the TNA license. You can tell which developers are fans of the product and which ones churn out wrestling games for quick cash. TNA deserves better.

I actually enjoyed TNA Impact, until I got to the point in the storymode where the ratio was 10:1 in terms of how many moves I had to do to win compared to how many the opponent had to do. Literally, I'd hit 30-40 moves on my opponent and couldn't pin him, but 5-10 on me and I was out. It REALLY makes a person not want to play when it is so unfair.

Again, I have to agree. Gameplay and the opponent AI were flawed and annoying. I also hated how the control scheme was setup. I'd hit different directions on the controller and do the same move I'd already just done. You need a great scheme for control setup and a big arsenal of moves. Each move needs to have its own damage variety. Doing a DDT or basic armbar should be like a 2 or 3[on a scale from 1-10] and hitting a finisher should be a 10. Attention to detail is paramount for executing a proper TNA wrestling game. The exhibition mode in TNA Impact was decent enough, but the selling was still off and in storymode it was far worse. I did like how each level of storymode unlocked different arenas or wrestlers.

I would like to see another TNA game, and this time, I'd like to see it focus on quality VIDEO GAME wrestling in the ring, at which the main WWE games (SvR and '12) have continuously gotten worse. Start with a good base of a game, quality wrestling and a good storyline mode, a couple match gimmicks and a decent create-a-wrestler mode, and be done with it. Don't worry about getting fancy, don't worry about online play, don't worry about comprehensive modes right away. Build the base first, add the additional features later.

Whichever develop gets the TNA license should study the product and really get to know it[if they don't already]. You then need to accurately reflect everything in the game from appearances to mannerisms on down to how each individual varies their moves. For instance, James Storm doesn't do a DDT exactly like Bobby Roode. They have different ways of executing different moves and those details are little things that go a long way in making a realistic game. I do agree that things don't have to be perfect, so long as the overall quality on the few things they do right are spot-on. Gameplay,appearance, a good story mode, workable create-a-wrestlers, and at least a few specialty matches are the things they should really focus on. With gameplay, selling needs to be the top concern. I hated playing TNA Impact and hitting moves non-stop on an opponent for 10 minutes and having them reverse one single move and fluke win. Damage needs to be accumulative and built up into a meter to reflect a beatdown realistically. The pinning system also needs to be built into a good kick-out meter. The one on TNA Impact made it damn near impossible to kick out before the AI got a three count.

And I'll say this now, and if it ever happens, remember I said this. If a wrestling game would EVER include an EWR mode into it's main game, and it was done right and done well, that game would become a classic. I'm not talking the GM mode the WWE games had, I'm talking about a truly comprehensive experience running a promotion with several other promotions around the world, with the added benefit of actually being able to have the guys wrestle.

Another solid point. I would like to eventually see this addition in a TNA game. However, if a new developer takes time to get all the major things right I could live without that mode. With all the talent TNA has a new game would be epic and might be major competition for WWE games if done right. I'd like to see what a fresh developer could do differently than Midway. Although maybe Midway people need to be involved. Mortal Kombat definetely had wrestling fans on its developement team with all the moves in their game. Imagine what those fans could accomplish with an entire wrestling game and not just subtle nods to certain moves.

I think problem for them game wise is (in my own opinion) the WWE games are pretty damn good and apart from the odd minor trivial gripes here and there and, due to the amount of games they've made, they have had enough time to near enough perfect a game so if TNA did release a game it would have to more or less just be a WWE game with a different roster, especially now 6-sides is gone.

The TNA Impact game sucked IMO, the CAW was crap, Story mode sucked, and the gameplay was annoying.

And most people even here in the UK knew it, cos before they went under, GAME were selling it pre-owned for £7.

I'd love to see a new game come out. They have a good roster right now that could sell well in a game. Additionally, I found out recently that joshi wrestler Kana of Wrestling New Classic fame is actually a freelance video game developer for Japan, having worked on graphics for Nintendo DS at various times. Imagine an experienced pro wrestler designing a video game for a wrestling company. All they have to do is deliver the game engine that TNA started and AAA improved upon to Kana for expansion and improvement and you may have a chance yet at a good game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back