Why Is Del Rio Still Not Getting A Loud Crowd Reaction?

lol WTF? Del Rio IS very over. People fucking dress like him in the crowd.

He gets about as much of a reaction as Punk. At least Punk alone. When Punk (or anyone) is talking shit on Cena/HHH, the reaction is huge, but alone, on the character itself, they are pretty close.

^ No just No your stupidity! is sooooo annoying
Are you no so secretly Dolph Ziggler fucking with the internet fans by creating this gimmick account you have and mocking them? I'm going to start tracking when you're on and see if it correlates.

Also, stop spamming. I mean, I know that your character can't come up with anything intelligent or meaningful other than "booo you suck my opinion is better" but you're going to get kicked off and I really enjoy this gimmick.

ADR has to be over. WWE has people who listen to the audience in the crowd. The TV doesn't always pick it up the best so that's why they have people there listening. The WWE is smarter than us and has more sophisticated measures of making decisions than we'll ever have. I trust that he's over otherwise he wouldn't have the belt.

1.) At the moment no one cares about anything else except Punk vs HHH vs? Nash. Eveyone wants to see Punk win at NOC but even with this new realitly stuff they're doing it's not going to happen. He's not going to win cleanly at least. Just watch Nash shw up and take them both out. And then for the next few weeks on Raw take out anyone who gets in his way. Preferably during matches. :disappointed:

2.) Del Rio hasn't been here for two years and we've already seen all of his BS. Stealing the title is a new one tho. Attacking Rey? Yawn. Boasting? Gag. Driving up in a new car every week? It needs to go. There's never going to be enough new cars for this guy to drive and no way he'd be able to have them all. Having Ricardo annonce him? BORE.

Moving on

I think it's a little hard to tell about crowd reaction per se, but some folks have alluded to him being lost in the shuffle right now on Raw, even though he is a champion. I can agree with that, and to add my own opinion to the mix, he always seemed out of place on Raw. On the other hand, smackdown seemed like (and probably still is) a much better fit for him.

While on smackdown, even without the title, he was often at the center of things. I think he could be moved back without missing a beat, and once he becomes more relevant and less like the afterthought that he is now, then crowds will be more reactive.

I don't see where Del Rio DOESN'T get a good reaction. He gets great heel reactions everytime he comes out, through every single promo he cuts, and every action he makes. What exactly are you wanting from his reaction? He's a classic heel, more then anyone else in the WWE right now, and he's one of the few wrestlers who gets nothing but a HEEL reaction. No one likes Del Rio.. no one cheers Del Rio.. and that's exactly the way its suppose to be.

Are you fucking kidding me? Yeah, by good reactions, you mean only about 30-40 people booing you? I barely hear a reaction for Del Rio, with the exception of Summerslam, where he got a few Del Rio chants... but other than that, he doesn't get that loud of a reaction. Stop fucking denying it. He uses a very stale gimmick and has horrible mic skills... sure, his in-ring skills may be decent, but not good enough to make up for his fucking horrible character and mic skills. On top of that, I can't understand a word he says... these accents are getting annoying as fuck. I can barely understand Sheamus too.. anyone feeling me?

I think what happened is the WWE made a mistake and put CM Punk in two scenarios and chose the wrong scenarios leaving ADR to fend for himself. Enter John Cena. By himself, ADR isn't as over as he should be as a heel champion, but he does get some reaction. Add in Cena and he will get the rub he should. He's a throwback wrestler with a throwback style and the new audience doesn't really like what he does although he does it well. He isn't as good as connecting with the crowd as he should be but I can guarantee that after NOC he will definitely be elevated. Especially if he wins.

It's because he is boring, It's as simple as that. When he comes to the ring i want to turn off my TV. Arrogance is a good trait to have as a heel, but his arrogance just pisses everyone off because he says the same lines EVERY SINGLE NIGHT.

"My name is Alberto Del Rio"
"blah blah blah blah Destiny Blah blah blah"
"I am better than you cause I'm richer blah blah blah"

While he may work well in the ring, His persona is terrible and I was sick of him the day he stepped into a WWE Ring.

Second this! He has talent in the ring and that's great and all, but as a character/persona he just bores me to tears. He was ok when he started but he needs a little depth or perhaps maybe he just needs to never be on the mic again and be a complete ruthless champion who takes liberties with everyone.

You've heard one Del Rio promo, you've heard them all. "My name is Alberto Del Rio, but you already knew that" or "My name is Alberto Del Rio and I am your Champion!" or "It is my DESTINY" or "It was my DESTINY" and I swear if he refers to Rey Mysterio as a dog again... UGH.

His mic work is completely dull and uninteresting and as a character I just don't care if he wins or loses.

Are you fucking kidding me? Yeah, by good reactions, you mean only about 30-40 people booing you? I barely hear a reaction for Del Rio, with the exception of Summerslam, where he got a few Del Rio chants... but other than that, he doesn't get that loud of a reaction. Stop fucking denying it. He uses a very stale gimmick and has horrible mic skills... sure, his in-ring skills may be decent, but not good enough to make up for his fucking horrible character and mic skills. On top of that, I can't understand a word he says... these accents are getting annoying as fuck. I can barely understand Sheamus too.. anyone feeling me?

Why is it that Americans can never understand English unless its spoken in their bastardized version and accent? Shows like ultimate fighter get the british fighters subtitled despite the fact they speak perfectly clearly, and the number of users on here moaning about Del Rio and now Sheamus being incomprehensible is ridiculous. Im welsh and have no issue with understanding either, despite the fact they speak with SHOCK SHOCK Mexican and Irish accents!

As for Del Rio not getting good reactions, he hasn't been part of the Raw main event just yet really, he had one show with the title and before that he was upper midcard at best, give him a couple of weeks of cheap shots on super cena and the lil jimmy's will be screaming and spitting at the guy.

I think its too early to judge him. He is a good wrestler. His promos have been boring. He has been repeating the same thing for the past 8 months. :lmao:. You have to see how he does with Cena though. He wasn't on tv last week. They should get a lot of time on Raw to build their angle.

I think him not getting a reaction is a little exaggerated. They are still trying to build him into a big time player. I think his reaction after his program with Cena will be more important.

The crowd hates him so much they don't even bother to boo him.

Del Rio is shaping up to be a great classic spineless heel character who will avoid his real challenger as long as possible. So far he's played a great cowardly heel, and he's proved he can get heat in his feud with Mysterio, and several of his matches vs faces.

I love him.

theres a few reasons for this with the main reason being right now nobody gives a shit about the del rio storyline with cena because all the focus is on punk and anything hes apart of right now and even the way raw has been sense before money in the bank proves that plus the fact...del rio just sucks im sure he gets plenty of heel heat but honestly i dont think the crowd really cares that much about him it doesnt help him the fact that cena always gets a very loud reaction weather it be cheers or boos i think its the fact del rio isnt tht good tht screws him...maybe this is a sign vince should take the title off him and send him back to the mid card? :shrug:

Ricardo enhances ADR ALOT. Without him ADR wouldn't be viewed as highly IMO. His promos still are doing nothing for me, but the little things Ricardo does, makes me want to see them more

Ricardo enhances ADR ALOT. Without him ADR wouldn't be viewed as highly IMO. His promos still are doing nothing for me, but the little things Ricardo does, makes me want to see them more

Agreed. It seems Ricardo gets more heat being introduced by Tony Chimel than Alberto does whenever he's on screen.

As said by many, I also view him as boring too. Boring in the ring, boring on the mic, boring tattoos. I only watch him to see him drive out with a different sexy car each week, then change my channel (or fast forward if I've taped the show).

Why is it that Americans can never understand English unless its spoken in their bastardized version and accent? Shows like ultimate fighter get the british fighters subtitled despite the fact they speak perfectly clearly, and the number of users on here moaning about Del Rio and now Sheamus being incomprehensible is ridiculous. Im welsh and have no issue with understanding either, despite the fact they speak with SHOCK SHOCK Mexican and Irish accents!

As for Del Rio not getting good reactions, he hasn't been part of the Raw main event just yet really, he had one show with the title and before that he was upper midcard at best, give him a couple of weeks of cheap shots on super cena and the lil jimmy's will be screaming and spitting at the guy.

As for the british guys, only the ones who sound like they're speaking with a mouth full of crackers get subtitled. Wade Barrett for example is easy to understand. However the guys who speak like "Oh blu E hewel! I got me finga stuck in me nickas!", that's where we have the problem. Now on to the WWE... I can understand both Sheamus and Del Rio. The problem with Del Rio is not his accent, his promos just aren't very good. Sheamus is great though.

I dont understand why he still isn't fully over with the crowd as of yet,His the WWE Champion and supposly "Injured" Rey Mysterio aswell as attacking Cena after the No.1 Contenders match and then the MITB cash in on Punk.Wouldn't you think that would be enough to get a LOT of heat,I mean he has attacked,Injured and cashed in on WWE's 3 biggest Faces at the moment but yet still no reaction?Is it to do with his current gimmick?Even in his matches the crowd is mostly dead until he locks in the Cross Arm-Breaker,The crowd don't appreiciate how good he is in the ring,his Moveset which is all aimed towards the Arm might be another reason the crowd is dead during his matches aswell.What do you think he needs to do/change to get a lot of Heat and why isn't he getting a lot of heat at the moment?

It's actually pretty simple, he's only 16 months old and he's not Bill Goldberg. Nobody gets over that fast unless they're a real phenom.

He's a great character, and a good wrestler, and he's good on the mic. He just needs time still. He needs his wow moment too, and again, he's not Bill Goldberg, so his wow moment wasn't built in to his push that started day 1. Even though he looks great right out of the chute, without the wow factor that can only come from looking awesome in a match, or several matches, he's going to need time. I don't think he needs to change anything, people just need to stay patient and let him grow on the fans, because he is and he will continue to do so as long as they don't change him too much.

Del Rio does not get any heat because currently the fans do not have any reason to hate him. The whole WWE title scenario is bland at the moment and has taken a backseat to the conspiracy angle. I do not blame del Rio for this lack of heat. The story should give the fans a reason too hate the character. Also, his promos are repeated and lack-luster.

I don't see any reason to worry about this as i feel that if del Rio holds on to the title (or atleast in the title hunt) for a few more months, he will garner decent heat.

He needs that one feud to cement his character... and not put on the same promo for six months. That'd help. If the rumors are true and he's supposed to be feuding with Punk for the title, that would help immensely, as the times when Del Rio and Punk were in the ring the crowd ate up every moment of it.

^One Feud? Have you forgotten E &C vs him or Mysterio vs him????

It other matters, Don't keep repeating that he is not in the MAIN storyline because he is. Did you not see him with the "Walk-Out Faction"?

(That's what I call them.)

ADR gets slightly more heat then Ziggy and Slighly less than Cole n Vickie. That should be good enough for Raw's 2nd main heel right? (First being Awesome Truth).

Del Rio needs to get more heel heat. He should beat random faces up.Use more heel tactics like cheating and maybe some use some foreign objects like HHH used his sledgey. he could use some truly mexican weapons. like Finlay used that shillelagh from ireland. he needs a signature weapon of his own and that represents his high class mexican status.

I also think he should add something to his appearance.He has that mean, saddistic look on his face, he does that very well.But I think he needs to grow a mustache.

Del Rio does get a good reaction from the crowds. In typical IWC exaggeration, some of the posts try to make it seem as if you can hear crickets chirping when Del Rio comes out. The guy gets good heat from the crowds and they're constantly involved in his matches. Del Rio puts on entertaining matches that keeps the crowd interested in what's going on.

I will agree that his promo work gets a little repetetive at times but, then again, so did Ric Flair's back in the day. So did Ted DiBiase's, so did Hulk Hogan's. Del Rio doesn't project a huge amount of energy in his promos. He's not yelling or screaming all over the place because that's not his character. He's as "sophisticated elitist" with a huge bank account and sees himself as royalty and anyone not in the same socio-economic circles as peasants. That's exactly the way he tends to act in his promos and that's exactly how he's supposed to act.

If anything, I think the problem is that because Del Rio doesn't fit in with the "same old same old" is why some don't like him. Del Rio has a legitimately different style about him and it's a style that a lot of fans aren't used to. It's not what they've seen their favorites do and because of that, they don't like it. Broaden your horizons a bit people.

As for his feud with John Cena, Christ give it some time. There's been ZERO interaction between Del Rio & Cena because they haven't had a friggin' chance to get things off and running. He wasn't at Raw or SmackDown! due to some work visa issues and the week before that was when he jumped and beat Cena down. His feud has been "overshadowed" because the WWE hasn't had the opportunity to follow up on the Cena vs. Del Rio feud yet.

I agree with everything Jackhammer has said here and second it. I chose to highlight the main points that stood out to me as being the most accurate as well. I also have some of my own theory I'd like to throw in.

I think that part of the reason Del Rio isn't as over as people seem to think, is because he is actually more likable than most heels and as a result doesn't get a lot of heel heat. I seriously think it's just hard to hate him because he does come out like a baller in his sweet ass rides, he's always got that smile plastered across his face as he adores himself, he is humorous on the mic, he's so damn great he's got his own announcer, he wins legitimately and is also not afraid to get dirty and when he does he makes it count, and even when he is disrespecting his opponents he acts like a nice guy which is also hilarious.

I personally love ADR, he's one of my favorite things on WWE programming right now. He is a better wrestler than the majority in this thread give him credit for, he is an ace on the mic, and he plays his character to perfection. I love it because no one is more glad about Alberto Del Rio, than Alberto Del Rio. He is just so damn happy to be himself and shows you all the time like "Ahhhhh, look at me, I'm so damn great, I love it, I just can't get over how damn great I am" and I think that is hilarious and entertaining to a major degree. I think he is more cut out to be a face, but because he is made to play the heel and outside of the comfort zone of a lot of folks that would probably take to him more otherwise, you've got him in a situation where he isn't getting as much heat because he's actually likable or as much fanfare because of him being a different kind of character people are not used to. Neither of which is his fault mind you. It doesn't help either, that the main focus of the show has been on other situations.

JBL played a similar character, difference was he could get nuclear heat anywhere. I don't think people are into Del Rio at all. He just gives off a "meh" vibe. It's hard to understand him a lot and no he's not an ace on the mic. All he says now is "I am the WWE Champ-yon". He's not likable and not very hateable, just very meh.

This thread is still going on?

Del Rio has gotten a decent amount of heat on more than one occasion especially that one time with the Canadian crowd where he got massive heat(there's the answer to the thread question, he can get a loud reaction from the crowd). Just because the majority of the IWC don't see anything in him it doesn't mean that he's not getting heat. So I really just don't see the point of this thread.

People don't have a legitimate reason to hate him. He beat Cena so? CM Punk beat Cena? Using cheap heel tactics for heat doesn't work. There has to be a different formula and I honestly don;t know what it is.

When Ricardo Rodriguez is more over than ADR, you know it's time to revamp the ol' gimmick.

It's good that ADR is planning to come back from his injury with a more jacked-up mean streak, but who's he going to feud with when he comes back?

We've seen this before (DiBiase Sr. vs. Virgil, Miz vs. Riley), so a potential feud between ADR and Ricardo wouldn't be altogether surprising. But as I say, Ricardo is more over than ADR, so more than likely ADR wouldn't be the only one undergoing a serious overhaul in gimmick.

And given ADR's oncamera abusiveness, it's only a matter of time before Ricardo reaches his storyline breaking point.

When Ricardo Rodriguez is more over than ADR, you know it's time to revamp the ol' gimmick.

It's good that ADR is planning to come back from his injury with a more jacked-up mean streak, but who's he going to feud with when he comes back?

We've seen this before (DiBiase Sr. vs. Virgil, Miz vs. Riley), so a potential feud between ADR and Ricardo wouldn't be altogether surprising. But as I say, Ricardo is more over than ADR, so more than likely ADR wouldn't be the only one undergoing a serious overhaul in gimmick.

And given ADR's oncamera abusiveness, it's only a matter of time before Ricardo reaches his storyline breaking point.

RR might be more over than ADR, but having ADR feud with him would be a huge mistake. RR isn't popular enough to make anyone care about that feud. All it would do is make ADR look silly and push him back down to midcard. Maybe that's where he belongs.

ADR is in a tough spot with his character...I can't see him getting a pop as a face, and he's stale and boring as a heel. He needs another dimension as a character however they bring him back. I think he could feud with whomever ends up a face out of Miz/R-Truth....or if they push Kane toward being a face he could feud with him....

...or he could come back to lead the Mexicools. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back