Who will be the next 'Big Thing/Future' in the WWE?

I like john morrison and mvp and all but i hope its cm punk. I rather him in TNA he would have alot of freedom to do whateva move he wants. I just am having an issue seein him winning the title in the wwe. ( i still see hardy beating punk for the money in the bank briefcase.( even though Jeff hardy sucks and mathew was always the better one of the 2)

Nobody's big on Jeff Hardy? Is he already considered "a big thing"? Or does everyone just think he's going to keep screwing up? To me, there's no one more obvious than him. He's gone over Trips, HBK, pinned Orton...it seems as though he's going to get plugged right back into the high-mid card to main event scene....why not Jeff?

Sorry dude but I think the general consensus is Jeff blew his shot, AGAIN! Are you not tired of getting behind him and enjoying his momentum only for him to fuck up?!!! I damn well am, and I'm a Hardy Fan!

For me there's a few potentials, Morrisson (his dirt sheet isw Hilarious), Carlito (if he sorts out his attitude a bit), Santino (still not sure how good he is in the ring but I want to see a promo heavy fued with Foley!) and the obvious KENNEDY.... KENNEDY, who WILL be the next big thing! He's pre-ordained, like Orton was to get a huge push sooner or later!

My vote for the next big thing is Mr. Kennedy. He is great and he can sut a promo. His in-ring work is better than most. He also knows how to sell his opponent. All he needs is to stay out of trouble. The next angle could be his. I mean what would he be doing now if he had played Vinces son instead of Horswoggle?

I personally dont like CM Punk, Morrison is alright but I cant get over seeing Miz on reality TV a few yrs ago. Kingston will never be bigger then Shelton. You gotta remember that Goldberg and Lesnar were tremendous athletes. Goldberg played in the NFL and Lesnar was a NCAA wrestling champ. Kozlov is a big dude but he has nothin on Lesnar and Goldberg. They should just change his name to Snitsky.

New favourite, TD JR. His debut had me instantly hooked, I don't remember anyone doing that since Jericho. If done right and allowed to develop there really is no reason why he can't become one of the best!

I think most people agree Mr. Kennedy is the next big thing for this business. He has charisma, he has mic skills, he has technical ability and he knows how to work a crowd. A combination of which is rare in the WWE today. Kennedy will be huge, and he's proved thatby having good matches with the likes of Shawn Michaels and Ric Flair.

MVP is another guy who I think will be big in the WWE. In my opinion he seems to have taken a step back from the greatness we saw from him before. I think maybe it's the brand he's on, or the atmosphere around him, but he doesn't seem to get the same reaction, or channel the same energy he did before.

I think what's most encoraging about the whole 'next big thing' scenario is that WWE aren't putting all their eggs in one basket, as they have done in the past, and this means thgey've got plenty of avenues to explore as they go on. Certainly doing something like this is essential when you take injuries/suspensions into account.

For me? Not the immediate future, and I'm hesitant in saying it, but Ted DiBiase Jr. Now this is going to go one of two ways. He's either going to be awesome, and everyone's going to call it ahead of time, or everyone's gonna say he'll be great, and he'll just flop, and here's where I'm a little hesitant. Kenny Dykstra? Remember him? Just over a year again, everyone was saying he'll be great, he'll be a solid upper-midcard act by the time 2008 comes. Where is he? Doing house shows. Ditto DH Smith, we all thought he'd rocket to the top...he's stuck flailing around on Heat.

But Ted Jr. seems a different kettle of fish altogether. What impression are WWE giving the audience when they bring this unknown guy out on RAW, with his Hall Of Fame dad, and give him mic time on national television? They're telling the crowd that 'hey, look, this kid's special'. People have been making the Randy Orton comparison...is that a bad thing? Hell no, apart from perhaps attitude. If DiBiase goes along the same route as Orton, and I can envisage a sort of 'Evolution' stable for him early on in his career, then we've got something good going on. If he does indeed take his dad's gimmick, WWE are on to a winner. As long as they don't drop the ball, I can see DiBiase Jr. becoming a regular fixture in the midcard within the next two years, and then hopefully after that, he'll be able to break the glass ceiling into the top tier.

I would love to say Morrison but with his lack of Mic Skills it might take longer to get to the top,but as far as a wrestling abilty goes this guy is phenominal.

Mr.Kennedy,this is my pick, he was losing momentum a while back and i had my doubts, but he's really growing on me again. This dude just drips confidence on the Mic, has charmisma, his wreslting is not bad at all, and has a good look to him. As long as WWE continues to push him little by little they can't go wrong, I can totaly see this dude being a huge star one day

M.V.P Three Months ago I would have told you that MVP was the next big thing but the way WWE is Jobbing him out now ,and since he has not had a fued since Matt Hardy is really got me questioning wether WWE will push MVP and be a big star like we want him to be.

As far as people who aren't on t.v. go, there's a couple in the farm system i could see being stars. One of which is T.J. Wilson, a survivor of the legendary Stu Hart Dungeon. When they had Teddy Har and they were planning on bringing the Hart Foundation 2.0, this would have definetly served as a great launching pad for him. But he's a solid enough wrestler that his talent will get him through sometime in the near future. Also don't forget that Colt Cabana is still waiting for his call up, who is incredibly entertaining.

I think most people agree Mr. Kennedy is the next big thing for this business. He has charisma, he has mic skills, he has technical ability and he knows how to work a crowd. A combination of which is rare in the WWE today. Kennedy will be huge, and he's proved thatby having good matches with the likes of Shawn Michaels and Ric Flair.

MVP is another guy who I think will be big in the WWE. In my opinion he seems to have taken a step back from the greatness we saw from him before. I think maybe it's the brand he's on, or the atmosphere around him, but he doesn't seem to get the same reaction, or channel the same energy he did before.

Um kennedy is ok at best. His best attribute is his mic skills. If he was anywhere near as good as ya'll say he'd be champ of some sort.(look @cody rhodes). MVP is gonna be a star but he has to start losing a little due to his long title reign. Jeff hardy is trash. I never saw any thing in him .He's a glorified stunt man with no wrestling skills. Mathew is alot better. TD jr is looking promising.

Elijah Burke-Unbelievable in-ring talent,good on the mic,this young man can go places with the right push.
Shelton Benjamin-Great in-ring skills he just needs some confidence and mic skills.But hes young he has time to work
MVP-He has it all:charisma,mic skills,confidence,wrestling ability he could be the next Rock
Carlito-He has a lot of MVP's characteristics but doesn't get a push
John Morrison-When I look at tapes of the Rockers,I see John Morrison,not HBK
C.M. Punk-He looks like another John Cena in WWE,they need to showcase his real abilities.
Matt and Jeff Hardy-Give them a few more years and they could both be World Champions
Mr. Kennedy-He has some good in-ring talent if he works on it a lil more he could be great.Best mic skills in a long time.Reminds me of Jericho.

Right there you have the future:Nine future main eventers,three for each show

Um kennedy is ok at best. His best attribute is his mic skills. If he was anywhere near as good as ya'll say he'd be champ of some sort.(look @cody rhodes). MVP is gonna be a star but he has to start losing a little due to his long title reign. Jeff hardy is trash. I never saw any thing in him .He's a glorified stunt man with no wrestling skills. Mathew is alot better. TD jr is looking promising.

Kennedy has great potential. And so what he isn't champion now? He isn't been rushed into the main event spots, which is something that annoys a hell of a lot of fane, me included. He will be champion one day; when there is an opening on Raw and WWE feel he is ready. He's been involved in a good feud with Shawn Michaels, as well as having some awesome matches.

Jef Hardy isn't the best in the world no, but a glorified stuntman with no westling skills? Um, have you seen who the WWE like to push? Cena for instance? Where are his wrestling skills?

i am really surprised at how hardly anyone has mentioned the hardys. Jeff has far from blown his shot. hellooo... he was in a number 1 contenders match on raw 2 days ago. Matt is getting the push of his career being the US champ. I can c him holding onto that 4 quite a long time. Both the hardys are on the verge of getting major pushes... so are MVP and Kennedy. i say wait till the Royal Rumble. make these 4 guys the final 4 in the match. give either Jeff the RR win. Matt hardy eliminated first out of these guys, then MVP eliminated. That sets up MVP for title shot for SD championship at WM25 and Matt a MITB win at WM25. Jeff eliminates Kennedy last. sets up a feud for no way out and a number 1 contenders match. Kennedy wins that and they do a similar thing they did with Mysterio when he won it. make the title match at WM25 for wwe championship, Jeff vs Kennedy VS whoever champion is at the time.

i am really surprised at how hardly anyone has mentioned the hardys. Jeff has far from blown his shot. hellooo... he was in a number 1 contenders match on raw 2 days ago. Matt is getting the push of his career being the US champ. I can c him holding onto that 4 quite a long time. Both the hardys are on the verge of getting major pushes... so are MVP and Kennedy. i say wait till the Royal Rumble. make these 4 guys the final 4 in the match. give either Jeff the RR win. Matt hardy eliminated first out of these guys, then MVP eliminated. That sets up MVP for title shot for SD championship at WM25 and Matt a MITB win at WM25. Jeff eliminates Kennedy last. sets up a feud for no way out and a number 1 contenders match. Kennedy wins that and they do a similar thing they did with Mysterio when he won it. make the title match at WM25 for wwe championship, Jeff vs Kennedy VS whoever champion is at the time.

I honestly doubt that'd happen anytime soon. Maybe in 5 years or so even then I'd doubt it, and I'm a Hardy mark. I don't see either Hardy headlining Mania yet even then they'd probably whip out the old boyhood dream storyline and make it the first Main Event of the night.

MVP and Mr.Kennedy still have a way to go before making the transition to Main Eventer. Jericho should be given a spot before them any how. But I'm big on these two guys from each brand representing a future other than HHH, HBK, and Taker. Kennedy has the ability to put on great matches and make others look good. MVP has the ability to do the same but tell more of a story in his matches. Hell he carried the feud with Hardy without being in matches the majority of the feud.

I'm also big on John Morrison being a big name in the future. The guys got a lot of character and charisma no to mention but he's a fantastic athlete...He's got it going so far he'll be back on Raw by 2010 with a better outlook on the future than he has now. Either that or him and Miz will take the full jump to Smackdown when ECW tags along with the RAW tour. I do envision him with a bright future though as long as he can keep that cocky attitude. He's been a heel his whole run through WWE as Johnny Nitro and now John Morrison lets hope he can keep that until they can keep it up until they find a decent face turn for him.

I think there are alot of possibilities for the next big superstar, but I think only a couple will actually make the jump.

1. Mr. Kennedy - i think he makes the jump. He is a good wrestler and has great mic-skills. He could have good fueds with Cena and HHH and even Orton.

2. John Morrison - He will also make the jump. I can see a good fued with Cena and Orton.

3. MVP - I'm still a little effy with him, but he has the potential. For some reason I can see a good fued with Kennedy. Eventually he could lead to a fued with Cena.

4. The Hardys - I don't know, I never saw them as ME material, but alot of people seem to think so. I think Jeff has the edge over Matt, but I'm not sure if WWE is ready to give either of them that push over the top.

I think Kennedy's rise to the top is all but certain, so I am gonna skip him, in favor of looking at some wrestlers whose rise to the top isn't quite as obvious, maybe. I am also not counting Jeff Hardy, because I think he is already a top level Superstar.

1. John Morrison. He has the look, he has the in-ring ability. He needs to get off of ECW and get back to Monday Night RAW.

2. *this spot reserved for CM Punk as soon as the WWE stops completely burying the MITB holder.

3. Elijah Burke. He has all the tools, when he can learn to use them all at the same time, he could be something else.

4. Santino Marella. Once the WWE lets him showcase his MMA/martial arts background, they can turn him from a fool to a lethal wrestler.

5. Garrison "Lance" Cade. For reasons I can't explain, I see a future star who just needs a few pushes in the right direction.

1 - John Morrison: He's a great in ring talent, works great promos at insulting people(i dont know why you think he's bad on the mic?) he can carry matches extremely well, theres nothing to hate about him.
2 - *Risk* Kofi Kingston: His matches are fast paced, edge of your seat style entertaining but also he can work a good promo/mic time, eg. on ECW he commentated on Sydal vs Benjamin and when benjamin came over he worked that very well...i believe that Kofi once past the happiness stage, can FINALLY get a decent ECW fued to PPV.
3 - CM Punk: Once they stop jerking him around because he isn't pleasing everybody, give him a bit more style freedom, instead of this fake muay thai non-sense.
4 - Paul Burchill: He's bulked up alot, he's a good performer and from what i remember is decent on the mic.
5 - Paul London/Spanky: I Put both of these guys under the same thing because they both have amazing potential, give London someone his size like Kofi, Morrison or even Spanky and he can have an amazing fued. The same deal goes for Spanky he can really hold his own in a fued and i think if WWE had of gone with Kendrick turning on london it could've been a great fued.

I say Elijah Burke, no doubt.

He is golden on the mic, has outstanding wrestling skills, quite like the black Chris Jericho, or an Orlando Jordan with skills on the stick. I think if used correctly, he could become a huge star, and one of WWE's main attractions. I say let him move to RAW or SD! and capture the IC/US Title by around Oct. Burke then can feud with big stars like Y2J, HBK, Hardys, ect. Also, I have been saying it for a while, a stable with Benjamin and MVP, even Henry added for the muscle, could be great.

Other future great talents are Miz, Morrison, Lance Cade, Kofi Kingston, Ted DiBiase Jr., Cody Rhodes, Harry Smith and Paul Burchill.

Ted DiBiase Jr does seem to jump out when you look at the roster he hasnt been around much yet but i can see him going far if WWE uses him right. he is gold on the Mic, is already showing signs of a classic Heel just like his old man and i have seen a couple of matches with him and he is a good wrestler. i can see him winning the tag team belts and then the IC belt in a couple of months.
I also still feel that Morrison will be a next thing he has the talent and the charisma all he needs to do is go to raw. i know he would be better off on smackdown but he is to much like edge.

Im gonna say Chris jericho. I know has already been main event earlier in his career but at this point he is just a midcarder, being the ic champ. This fued with Batista/HBK is a great way to put him in the main event where he rightfully belongs. Also the new heel turn helps too.

My other is Mr. kennedy. he has always been one of my favourites. I liked him more on SD though. I have been hoping for a face turn for awhile and now that it happened, the crowd is behind him alot. I see him possibly winning the next Royal Rumble.

Wildcard is Ted Jr. He has only been on a few weeks and not even wrestled yet. But the one thing I wait all week to see is what ted will do next. He is interesting and with the tag titles close and news of a new young stable, i see him going places one day.

Who will be the next 'Big Thing' in WWE? Who has the ability to make it big, rise up to the top quickly? When you think back to Kurt Angle, Brock Lesnar, Steve Austin, HHH, The Rock, to myself, it seemed apparent they had the skills to make it big in the WWE from the off. I can only think of the late great Owen Hart who clearly had it but didnt get his chance to make it to the top of the hill. With new wrestlers in the WWE such as Kingston Kofi, DH Smith, Kozlov, who will be 'The Next Big Thing?'

Actually the biggest two names on your list did not look like they would be the NEXT big thing in the company when they came in, Austin and Rock were both saddled with midcard gimmicks upon WWF arrival. Same with Hunter.

Unfortunately I dont think the next big superstar has made it to the WWE yet and right now I dont know who it will be.

I'd have to disagree with Mr. 619. I don't think Jericho will be the next big thing unless he moves to smackdown. He's pretty much been buried in RAW, ever since he lost his returning title match. There seemed to be no interest in letting him feud with HHH, and now that he made a heel turn he's kind of stuck where he's at right now. A move to smackdown after his inevitable IC match against HBK at night of champions could really revitalize his character and he could really go far. If he stays on raw, there isn't really anywhere else for him to go right now, regardless of how the match with HBK ends.

i personaly am hoping that wwe will resort to having athletism or smaller guys in the world title pic in the future, instead of the typical big brawler guy.

shelton benjamin: needs work on his mic skills some more but i think hed make a good world champ, gimmic/persona wise i think he should go back to the 04-late 06 ways with the sun glasses the flashy jacket thing....and get him off ecw. put him back on smackdown maybe, hav him in the us title pic and move him up to the world title pic, maybe give him a good face run i think he would be the 1

kennedy: .....hopefully hes done with the drugs and if his injuries dont stop him i think hell have a chance as the nex big thing

morrison: good ring skill, mic skill, promos

elijah burke: if they stop using him as a jobber and put him maybe on smackdown too atleast off the ecw roster i think hed be somewhere up there

ted jr.: (ive seen small scenes of him wrestle on you tube) but not alot but agreed with him only ben on raw for what 2 weeks he to me seems to be going places

lance cade: i say cade get a good move repetior, a good manager (take jbl off the active roster and become cades manager) hed make a good up coming heel

now i dont however see the hardys, jeff messed up real bad his last suspension going to wresltemania and more than likley (i personaly think he was scripted to win) win the MITB match and quite possibly become the ....3rd i think man to hold the wwe and IC title at the same time.. blew it all, he has a bad history of no shows as well, unless he pulls a HBK i dont see a next big thing in him and as for matt i think the IC/US title will be as high as he goes i dont see him in the "class" as orton triple h cena hbk taker edge and staying in a good fued with them

Mr. Kennedy.

There are others out there who do have a bit of potential, but Kennedy is the only one I see with any magic in him, and getting that push that has been noticed earlier on within most superstars' career.

I loved the promo where Kennedy had mentioned he was McMahon's son, and how McMahon berated him and talked him down like a fool. I saw shades of Austin/McMahon there for a second, and if the WWE actually rolled with it, it could turn out as such.

I believe that Kennedy has that arrogance that authority figures despise, just like Austin back in the 90's. Now, if William Regal didn't get suspended, Kennedy could have kept up his feud, and maybe even escalated it beyond that. For example, Kennedy pisses off Regal so horribly, that Regal demands Kennedy to be put in a match with one of the WWE top superstars, and Kennedy wins and picks up a major upset, vaulting him higher on the roster than ever before!

Also, "big things" involved someone who isn't with the company any longer; Paul Heyman. Heyman was one of the greatest heel manager that I could think of, and he made a lot of wrestlers big. Once again, shades of Austin. If Heyman and Kennedy worked such an angle, I highly doubt Kennedy could be stopped.

That's just my personal opinion, anyway.

This is a chronology of wrestlers I believe in this order, will become big in the long run!

1. Mr. Kennedy: Latter that the creative have finally agreed to alter Mr. Kennedy into the face alignment he so desperately craved for, many have really rallied behind him since. Now while he's not of the most entertaining to watch wrestle at any time, he can manage to excit the crowd with overall charisma and especially ever since he defeated Regal to get him fired. I believe there is only uphill for him from here unless he begins to get stale again from being misused. I think if he went over to SmackDown and got Vicki fired too, they'd be behind him a lot more and would push him a lot more from there.

2. Montel Vontavious Porter: Shines very bright, his personality is just great. He is usually interesting to watch wrestle out a match but has his times in my opinion where he can be a bore. He has the ability to cut an expert promo, he is fit and atheletic and such. This guy has it to become a main event player but that isn't going to happen if Matt Hardy is going to beat him two times in a row! or if he's going to keep facing off with Matt Hardy. New competition is needed for MVP and they need to stop jobbing him.

3. Cody Rhodes: I like this guy and believe he is going to make a great HEEL!!! Let's face it. Soon enough, Cody Rhodes is going to turn on Hardcore Holly after the creative realizes he's ready and lose the Tag Titles. After that, they should have him competing in the IC Title Picture and try to accomplish him in a similar way to Randy Orton. Then within a year or maybe further, he should be a big character.

4. Lance Cade: Bonez88 said it. Give this guy JBL as a manager and Cade would make a great heel. I mean, what the hell is JBL doing anyway but losing? Cade has plenty potential and definitely stands out without a partner. The name Lance Cade to me sounds like it will be introduced by announcers in title matches in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back