Who Will Be "The Next Big Thing?"

ctln4rko

Pre-Show Stalwart
who?Now, I know this thread has been done to death, but I haven't seen one in a while. So, as the title states, who is your logical/educated guess of who the next big thing will be? For those of you who do not know what I am saying, who will be the next John Cena, or on the opposite end, the next (heel) Triple H?

MODERATOR'S NOTE:
Give reasons for the guy(s) you pick. Just typing a few names isn't enough, that would be considered spamming. All spam posts will be deleted/infracted. Thanks.

The heel is much easier to determine in my opinion. I think it'll be either ADR or Wade Barrett. I say this because they both have seen the main even, but neither have had their shining moment yet. They both have plenty of room to grow and I'm excited to see both do so. As for the face, I'm not too sure. I really think Ted Dibiase Jr. Most of his career his been a heel, but I can see him and Rhodes breaking up again and Ted taking the face route. He's got the look, talent and size to be the face of the company. Now the WWE just needs to actually give them all the chance.

Now, I would LOVE to see Daniel Bryan, Evan Bourne, Miz, McGuillicutty (Although i hate his name), McIntire and Ryder make it up to the lime light as well

I Think The Miz could be the next big face for the WWE his over with the crowd and still only young.As for the Heel i will be brave and go with Cody Rhodes,The Mans Only 26/27 And just one the IC Title Or SD (Sorry For The Spoiler Anyone) So that could be a sign of things to come.

Hell, would like to see Daniel Bryan Or Ted Dibiase As the face of the WWE.

Alex Riley as top face. I see him following the Batista route, except without being in a big stable. Was the right hand man of a star, couldnt take it anymore and finally stood up to him and turned face. He has to look, has a good ring name and nick name ( A-Ry), good mic schools and a very solid worker.

Top Heel? Miz.. He's just a natural born heel. Great mic skills, and can compose the crowd as if they are an orchestra. If anyone disagrees, you are crazy. He's improved a lot in the ring since his ECW days and can carry a feud. The history between these two can help develop that intense rivalry storyline and make these two the top face and heel in the business.

I really think The Miz is "the next big thing" in the WWE. He's hitting his prime now (he'll be 31 in October) and by all accounts, he's a very hard worker, and respected in the lockerroom (even John Cena has praised him). I see him being THE big face/tweener over the next few years.

For the next huge face, I'll have to say Drew Mcintyre. He has a great look, he's only 26, he's great in the ring and I personally like his style of mic work. I believe Triple H is a fan of Drew too. As much as I love The chosen one gimmick, Drew is far too likeable to be a heel. The next top heel will probably be Cody.

As for top heel I would say Cody Rhodes....top face I would probably say Miz actually...I dont know if people realize this or not but it got me thinking...people complain constantly on how Cena hasnt turned heel.....he wont turn heel because its not the natural order of things...no other guy is ready to be the face of the company....once WWE believes in someone Cena will turn heel

As for top heel I would say Cody Rhodes....top face I would probably say Miz actually...I dont know if people realize this or not but it got me thinking...people complain constantly on how Cena hasnt turned heel.....he wont turn heel because its not the natural order of things...no other guy is ready to be the face of the company....once WWE believes in someone Cena will turn heel

What about Randy Orton? He is very over as a face. Cena is obviously the mega star and THE FACE of WWE but after they turned Orton face and he got over as a face, they still didn't turn Cena heel.

Despite the necessity for her to leave wrestling for a year due to her pregnancy, I still think Kharma was (and probably still is) poised to become the Next Big Thing. She was brought in the right way (vignettes, build-up, etc.), not compromised on who she is, came in to a great reaction, maintained that reaction through weeks of nothing more than run-in squashes, and had the beginings of an intriguing long-term storyline also involving Kelly Kelly.

The Divas Division was essentially revolving around Kharma despite her never officially competing in a match for WWE, but I don't think that was the end game for her character. I believe the long-term goal was to make her into somewhat of a Chyna-type character, that not only wrestles the male stars on the roster but is capable of beating them on any given night. From the get-go, Kharma was designed to be revolutionary in professional wrestling... much like Chyna was in the 90's. She had the look, moveset, and ability to carry matches, and not just those involving other divas.

Kharma was/is a compelling character and will hopefully be successful upon her return. The crowd was way behind her during the speech she gave on her last night, and I thought the interaction with the Bella Twins was solid. She came off likeable, but completely vicious as well... a very, very hard combo to pull off.

Needless to say, I'm a bona fide Kharma mark. However, I don't "mark out" for too many wrestlers nowadays, let alone divas and/or knockouts. Kharma definitely has that "something special" that can easily propell her into "Next Big Thing" status upon her return.

The Next Big Thing?

That means one thing to me, a star. Even if he isn't up to par at first you have that feeling every time he enters the ring.

CM Punk just made it, as long as he isn't squashed by the Meat Head Union, CM Punk is THE BIG THING right now and will be for a bit. Sadly with Mania coming faster and faster I can see Punk getting pushed back If they can't find a big name feud for him, I would love to see him win the Rumble, then they can't keep him out of the main event.

Alex Riley, he has it. I would feel comfortable with him against anyone, I wouldn't really feel like they are out of his league. I know he isn't up to par yet but he is a hell of a lot closer than a lot of guys that have been at it a lot longer.

Miz, even though he is out of the main event, He will be there until he is done. He has the mic work down and his in ring has brightened up quite a bit. I know everyone feels like he has had these huge moments, but i'm still waiting and I know they are coming.

Del Rio, he has gotten every opportunity in the books, so It's only a matter of time until he is a mainstay, I'm not really feeling him right now, really repetitive ring work, overly cheesy on some of the Promos, in my opinion he was better when he first started than now. But, he does have that lil something, maybe it's that massive chin.

John Morrison, with a new brain. Seriously, I don't feel shit during his matches anymore, even though he is pretty awesome in the ring. He can physically sell the shit out of anything, but you never see any emotion on his face. So, scratch this entire idea until he gets his shit together. He's better than Jeff Tardy, he just needs feuds to see if he is worth it or not.

BIG THINGS as of now Cena, Orton, Punk

NEXT BIG THINGs....Miz, Riley, Del Taco

My pick here has to be Alex Riley. He has been handed everything on a silver platter, got his start with The Miz and even went over Miz, he has a good look, good on the size scale, he's got what it takes. The only problem with Riley is that he's not a good in-ring worker, but he can cover the basics, and as long as he can get some crowd reactions it doesn't really matter if you're an amazing in-ring practitioner... It's the complete package that matters and I think he might have it.

On the other side I'll go with a safe pick in Cody Rhodes. He has really taken off in the last year with his new gimmick and he seems destined to be a monster heel. Some people might not see him as a "monster" type, but he works, you don't have to be huge, it has more to do with how he carries himself and how manipulative he is, he has all that. He's great on the mic, good in-ring, good look, really knows how to work the crowd, hell, he has it all.

Daniel Bryan and Wade Barrett will have some big successes, but I felt that Riley and Rhodes were going to be the new faces of the company. Mason Ryan will probably make it far as well, he has a very unique look and it'll be hard to deny him, especially since he's so big.

I'm still holding my breath for the debut of Tyler Black. I believe he's going under the name Seth Rollins in the FCW right now, and though I havent seen any tape of his FCW work as Rollins I've seen him steal countless shows in ROH. TNA really messed up by not trying to sign this guy earlier on before he caught the eye of vince and co. He would have been a great fit for TNA and could have drawn and really helped bring up their product. BUt then again with Bishoff in the back they probabley would have had him just job to Jarret and Bully Ray, so as long as Easy E's around TNA is no place for young rising talent. I think he's really gonna turn heads when he enters the wwe. He can be all that Jeff Hardy was with a cleaner deliviery and smoother performance. I've heard wwe is really looking for guys to match well with Sin Cara, these two guys squaring off could steal a ppv and have slammy match of the year potential. If the WWE has any plans on beefing up the tag team division like people have been predicting for some time he would be great paired up with Tyler Reks. They both have a similiar somewhat sinistir look and it would be a great way to get both of them tv time. Ones a beast and the others a daredevil, they could really put on great matches that would give the audience the best of both worlds. Anyway they handle it I think Tyler Black has the potenial to make an emidiate impact and apeal to all kinds of audiencs

Any other day I'd say both Justin Gabriel and Heath Slater in a massive feud that really shows the two off to the universe but since recent events have affected what's going to happen to SLater, I'm going to go out on a limb and say Justin Gabriel should be the next big thing. Or rather, him and Evan Bourne (see sig lol).

The two of them have so much talent!! But we never see them anymore!! (I kid you not; I don't want to hear it) These two just need to fix their mic skills, get in a feud with one of the bitchy heels and then kick some heel ass! They'll instantly become fan favorites and the WWE will have two future world champs.

The Miz and Alberto Del Rio. Now personally I don't want them to but looks like they will. I'd rather have Sheamus, Ziggler, and Swagger but hey Vince sees something in them. Now it's not like I don't like Miz or ADR I'm a fan of both but there are a few guys on the roster who are more talented and deserve the spot more.

Another guy I see becoming big in the future is Daniel Bryan. He'll be the technical wizard that can pull a good match out of anybody. In other words he's gonna be a modern day Chris Benoit in 3 years time.

Wade Barrett is also destined for greatness. I definitely don't see them giving up on him for good. He'll get his time to shine one day.

I think that for the years to come the Miz will become the next big thing and a top face/tweener. The Miz has incredible mic skills, very good work ethic and his in ring work is not bad at all. And he is still young enough to improve to all of that. Sheamus has also potential. He has the look, he can wrestle and brawl. He lacks on the mic, but that can change. Del Rio, Cody Rhodes, Alex Riley and John Morrison have bright futures as well.

WWE finds itself in a very good position right now, because the roster is very talented at the moment and with good build up all these superstars can become big.

The Miz is probably going to be the top heel in a short while. He plays his role quite well, does all the press stuff, and has a helluva story to back him up. Hes had an amazing career so far and its just a matter of time before hes back on top again.

As for top face, Alex Riley's got my pick. Hes talented, charismatic, and just like Miz has had an interesting career as of late.

NeXt BiG tHiNg? obviouslY dAnIel BrYaN as a heEl face it, sudden fame way too quick, a girlfriend,even a motto? come on heel daniel all the way, the face is SiN cArA its rare to see A LuChador these days

ZACK RYDER

And NO I'm not a HUGE Ryder mark...I do like the guy but I am definitely not a huuuuge fan of the guy. But with what he has done this year, I wouldn't be surprise if he takes it to another level with 2012 approaching. My main reason for making such a brash bold statement as in saying Zack Ryder is the next big thing is down to his ageof 26.

Regardless what people think of his current gimmick, people are buying into it and its garnering a huge reaction from the audience which is what counts at the end of the day. Again some may say...so what he's 26.....so that means, time is on his side to tweak whatever needs tweaking to become a huge star. The same goes for The Miz if WWE had faith in him like they did at the beginning of 2011 with him doing all the media mainstream appearances and such.

At this point I have to go with Zack Ryder. He went from a jobber to the other jobbers, to getting a huge push where he finally captured his first singles title and is generating strong reactions from fans everywhere who were BEGGING for his push. Ryder can only go up from here because his popularity is still growing. I can see him climbing up the card further and further to become a top guy someday, he can remain a legit fan favorite for the long run. It's interesting to see how his hard work paid off at getting the support of an army of online fans that slowly saw the fans attending shows rooting for him strongly as well. Keep up the great work, Ryder! Those of us who have followed your whole career want to see you succeed.

While I do enjoy Ryder a lot he has got a LONG way to go before getting in the main event spotlight. Barret can be a great heel, he just needs to have a bit of a meaner edge to really get some heat. I want to see Ziggler as a top guy but I'm just worried WWE is going to push him shortly and then drop him down. Short term though, I would say Miz could be a great heel throughout the next year

I think Miz. He's just a media gold mine. He did a hell of a job in promoting WWE when he became a champ. Sure he looks like a kid, but that's just him! Its an incentive to his character. What am I saying? He has been the Miz since MTV. As a wrestler, he really has evolved his in ring skills post Fedora gimmick (Chick Magnet).

On the same note I'd like to mention Kharma. Next big thing in the Diva's division. Kharma vs Beth or Natalia or both is something I'd like to watch. She sure does look like she has the potential of redirecting the division or even go toe-to-toe with some of the males.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say... Sheamus. He's been boosted by the WWE this past year but it hasn't been a success. They need to put him on the title hunt instead of making him face jobbers and mid carders all year like Jinder Mahal! His talent is being wasted in PPVs. I say make him feud with HHH! I know we've seen it before but if WWE Creatives make something good out of it - well we could see a good potential Wrestlemania match!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back