Who will be the next 1st time World/WWE champion?

ATLMIATEX

Occasional Pre-Show
WWE is full of young guys who have never had World/WWE title runs like Del Rio, Kofi Kingston, Dolph Ziggler(technically he has but it doesnt really count), Wade Barrett, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, John Morrison, the list goes on and on. But the name that sticks out is Wade Barrett. I was really suprised when WWE had him win the IC title, I though he was going to go straight to the main event when he came to Smackdown.

But my pick for the next 1st time World/WWE champion would be I reallly wanna go with Cody Rhodes but he is still stuck with Dibiase so I dont think he'll be dumping Ted any time soon.So I have to go with Del Rio, he was pushed so fast to be a main eventer but never got the gold.So the Money in the Bank will get it to him.

So who do you think will be the next 1st time World/WWE champion?

MODERATOR'S NOTE:
DO NOT POST SPOILERS!

I am going to go with the one after Del Rio. Which I hope and it needs to be Kofi Kingston. I wanted it to be Him vs. Rey so He beats Rey wins the new championship and Del Rio cashes it in.That will be a start to a amazing feud between two up and coming superstars. Kofi is eye-opening when he laces up his boots. I honestly believe the more chances he gets on the mic the more he will grown on the mic. Mark My Words: Kofi Kingston will a WWE Champion b4 SS' 12

It's most likely a race between Daniel Bryan and Alberto Del Rio..

for some reason.. I think Daniel Bryan will cash it in on Christian.. I think WWE sees Smackdown's ratings dropping, and they are willing to try something crazy.. like letting Daniel Bryan win the World Title. Think about it.. spoiler comes out.. **DANIEL BRYAN WINS WORLD TITLE ON SMACKDOWN** .. a lot of people will tune in... more than usual.. to see it happen.

Morrison's out on injury at the moment and has a score to settle with R-Truth, so I think he's off the cards at the moment. I was hoping Rhodes would win MITB, but that didn't happen, so I think he'll be main eventing next year.

Of those you mentioned, I think it's safe to bet on Del Rio, but I'm really not sold on him, I really think he's nothing above mid-card and lost what little steam he had after his RAW transfer.

The safe choice would be Del Rio, he's been pushed to the moon since debuting and he keeps impressing in the ring but I think he's going to hold onto that red briefcase for quite a while so he can fully establish himself as a main event player.

I'm really just winging it here, but I'm going to say A-Ri has a good shot at being that next guy to get the WWE Championship push. Let's say that The Miz wins the tournament finals on Monday, I imagine he'll work a short program with Rey maybe even going into SummerSlam, but after that why not rekindle the A-Ri/Miz feud that the WWE seems to like jamming down our throats every week?

Start having A-Ri face other main eventers, and have Miz keep screwing him over in #1 Contenders matches up until right around the Rumble. That way the E could have A-Ri win the belt and still make him look credible if he drops it at the next PPV in the Elimination Chamber (make him first in and last eliminated)

Yeah it's likely going to be Del Rio. If somehow it's not him or even DB, it's all just guess work. The gap between the main event scene and the mid card is wider than I ever really recall. It's difficult for me to buy any of these guys coming up through the ranks without a loophole like the MITB briefcase. Kofi, Rhodes, Ziggler, etc. It's really hard for me to see these guys fighting for World Titles and shit.

But since we do have the MITB quick rise to the main event, it's always fairly easy to predict who will get the call. At some point both Del Rio and Daniel Bryan will get World Title opportunities and with the 100% success rate the winners have when cashing in, it just comes down to who cashes in first between them.

Yeah it's likely going to be Del Rio. If somehow it's not him or even DB, it's all just guess work. The gap between the main event scene and the mid card is wider than I ever really recall. It's difficult for me to buy any of these guys coming up through the ranks without a loophole like the MITB briefcase. Kofi, Rhodes, Ziggler, etc. It's really hard for me to see these guys fighting for World Titles and shit.

But since we do have the MITB quick rise to the main event, it's always fairly easy to predict who will get the call. At some point both Del Rio and Daniel Bryan will get World Title opportunities and with the 100% success rate the winners have when cashing in, it just comes down to who cashes in first between them.

Good points Mr Cervix.

It is surely going to be either Daniel Bryan or Alberto Del Rio, probably Del Rio as he is more estalished as a main-event wrestler than Bryan, having already won the RR and having a high-profle match at WM.

Bryan was the shock winner of MITB but will need bringing along slowly, in order for the fans to believe that he is a credible World Champion, and to avoid the Jack Swagger-like story of being given the belt too early and compltely flopping.

Del Rio has been there or thereabouts around the title scene for a while now, and with Sin Cara being suspended, the Mexican fanbase will go crazy for a ADR title win.

Personally, I would like to see a big push for Alex Riley, I think he has the look, promo skills and in-ring style to be a major star. I think he will end up being a champion, but not before either Del Rio or Bryan.

Del Rio is the obvious choice,but apart from him?I have a feeling that the WWE will get cold-feet over Bryan and get the briefcase off him and onto someone else.They just don't trust smaller guys,which is a shame because he's changed from the last time I saw him on Raw.I don't buy all this talk about him being bland either.Put him in the ring and his personality bursts out through all his moves.I'd like Bryan to have a World title match at Wrestlemania 28,but I doubt that it's going to happen.

My money's on either Cody Rhodes or John Morrison.I mean,when's the last time the WWE hyped a mid-card star's return?I think they have plans for Morrison,and now that Punk's the WWE champion and not Cena,it would look credible if Morrison won the title.I mean,I hate to say this because I like the guy,but after the way Cena's been booked for the last 6 years,it wouldn't look credible if Morrison beat Cena for the title.

My money's on either Cody Rhodes or John Morrison.I mean,when's the last time the WWE hyped a mid-card star's return?I think they have plans for Morrison,and now that Punk's the WWE champion and not Cena,it would look credible if Morrison won the title.I mean,I hate to say this because I like the guy,but after the way Cena's been booked for the last 6 years,it wouldn't look credible if Morrison beat Cena for the title.

Im with u on this not just cause im a Morrison mark but before that video package of him aired this past Raw Michael Cole said Morrison would be in the title hunt when he returns which i think was a hint like u said they have plans for him. He will get his revenge on Truth and start making his way to the main event and WWE Championship.

Daniel Bryan and Alberto Del Rio are the safe choices, however I just don't see it. Going on history the Money in the Back winner always gets the title, I think neither will.

As far as who I would guess to be the next first time champion in the WWE? I'd go with R-Truth. He's been in the hunt lately, and he's got all the character of a classic "new generation" styled heel champ. Granted, I don't see how he's gonna get back in the championship race right now. He'll probably feud with Morrison, and yet, to me, he feels like a man on the verge of championship gold. Definitely a longshot, but still I just can't shake the feeling.

Like most everyone else, I think Del Rio and Bryan are high up on the list. Del Rio is obviously the first choice. That being said, Daniel Bryan winning would be a much greater moment in wrestling.

Aside from them, John Morrison, Cody Rhodes, and even Alex Riley all have strong chances. I've been wanting to see John Morrison get a legitimate chance for over a year now and the day he becomes a main event player is the next step into the future for the WWE. Alex Riley also has a bright future with WWE. He has the size WWE loves and his recent push has sent him through the roof.

I think Del Rio will end up winning late next year possibly just before Money in the Bank. Daniel Bryan I FEAR just might be the first one to cash it in and not win the belt. So that defaults to Morrision, whom if Punk is the champion through the royal rumble most likely will not lose to another face. We may not see a new wwe first time champ until next year. However it's wide open on Smackdown. Cody Rhodes is a strong candidate to win it maybe around TLC and lose it at elimination chamber

I honestly don't think Daniel Bryan will cash in the MITB at all. I am a uge fan of his, have been since ROH and I would love nothing more than to see a Daniel Bryan title run however, there is no way WWE is going to let Daniel Bryan cash in the briefcase at Mania. I could honestly see an angle where he puts the briefcase on the line in a match and loses it to Cody Rhodes, Wade Barrett or one of those guys. If he were to cash it in, I think he would be a transition champion around the end of the year. That being said, I think Del Rio will win and I can see it being around Rumble or Elimination Chamber time frame. I have read the plans are for Del Rio and Orton at Mania. I could see Del Rio cash in on Orton after he has been beat down and Orton chase him into Mania, possibly after winning the Rumble.

It's only a matter of time before Del Rio wins it, especially with his Money in the Bank victory. They've been grooming him to be champion for the past year, and he was supposed to win it on three separate occasions this year already. Now that he has the briefcase, he'll surely be champion at least within the next few months. Bryan might be the first to cash in and lose, whereas I'm 99% sure Del Rio will win his. We know which one of them they have more faith in, and who they've been pushing more since the beginning. And he's going to easily super cede everyone else who hasn't been champion yet.

I's going to wind up being Del Rio. Daniel Bryan winning the MITB was a great moment, but he currently is a midcarder and needs to build up some momentum and become a bigger star by the time he gets to Wrestlemania next year, if his storyline is taken to the end (anyone remember Mr. Kennedy?). Aside from that storyline, though, I do see Bryan winning a world title at some point within the next year barring him getting fired, suspended, etc. On Raw, Kofi is getting lost in the shuffle, Morrison is not on Vince's good side in general so he won't get it when he comes back and Alex Riley is too new for the spot. On Smackdown, Cody Rhodes definitely has a shot at it but I don't believe that he will beat Del Rio or Bryan for that matter, and Wade Barrett also has an outside chance but I don't think he will get the title first either. Del Rio is the guy right now; he can talk, he can wrestle, he gets heat, and he has a title shot waiting for whenever creative wants him to win it. In addition, he was, as stated before me, supposed to get the title several times this year and never got it, so he obviously is looked at as someone who can carry the title. He will get the title by the end of the year IMO.

Summary: Del Rio has the best shot at winning it first, but I believe Daniel Bryan will get a world title within a year as well.

It has to be Alberto Del Rio. The only way I see him not winning the WWE/World title before other guys is if they play him with the MiTB briefcase out for a while. Other than that it has to be Del Rio. I highly doubt Daniel Bryan will use his MiTB briefcase in 2011 so it won't be him. John Morrison comes to mind, altough his injury may keep him out until October.

its pretty obvious that....

Del Rio is in line to become the WWE or WHC at some point in the next 6 months

Bryan says he's going to cash in at WM28

so these two are a lock for future Champs

Outside of them I would say Henry is going pretty strong and stands a chance of becoming the WHC on Smackdown at some point between now and Rumble.

I don't think there is anyone else on the Roster of either show who are over enough or have enough of a build up to back them to a Main Event title run

What about Mark Henry? hes been given a Monster push in the last few months. Hes someone who has payed his dues and has an initimidating look and presence. He took out Kane and the Big Show and has a lot of momentum going right now. I could see him challenging Orton once he regains the title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back