Who was Edge traded for???

No idea frankly!

Silly commentating, I thought, as they kept on saying that Edge had been traded, but no-one followed up with the obvious "who for?"

I kinda assumed from that, that we might see an appearance that night, but noooo...

If I had to guess, i'd go for Punk - it's not like he's doing much at the moment...!

Balls!

You better edit your OP and add something else to it or else it's gonna be trashed as spam.

There really isn't anybody on Smackdown that could rival the value of Edge except for maybe CM Punk with the best all-around mic and ring skills next to Jericho but that isn't going to happen. In all likelihood, they'll probably trade an injured Christian just to make sure that the E&C reunion most definitely doesn't happen when they're both faces even though that would be one of the best things that could ever happen on Smackdown in 2010-11.

I see it being Big Show... he gives Nexus a few more potential matches that way with Handicap matches etc...

Failing that I am thinking we see someone like Matt Hardy being used as a holding "trade", that way WWE can say "well we traded you to RAW, we did something for you..."

I doubt anyone or they would have announced it. They put Edge on Smackdown because it needs more major stars, it wouldn't make any sense to put Edge on then take Big Show off of SD!.

Dude, seriously edit the OP , Make the thread INTERESTING.

But I don't think anybody was traded for Edge. Normally in the WWE a "trade" is a superstar switching to a different brand than they are currently on and the brand which the superstar leaves gets nobody, it's more of a "signing" then a trade.

To my knowledge, nobody was traded in exchange for Edge. Smackdown get a free superstar, and who better than Edge? Smackdown are desperate for some new talent on Smackdown, not to mention that they're crying out for faces. Who better than Edge?

He's performed excellently on Smackdown before, face or heel, and he's going to be a perfect asset to Smackdown. If anything he's been moved to Smackdown because they need him to move to Smackdown. They're doing horribly at the moment, superstar wise. How many more times they can do something with CM Punk without giving him another World Championship reign, I'll never know. That guy works his arse off for that brand and they don't give him anything but a haircut.

I can't wait for Smackdown this Friday, finally, it's going be interesting. Edge is back where he belongs.

They have done this before were one brand has traded a superstar, but does not mention who for a few days or at least until the following brands show.

As they said TRADED, I do believe he has been traded and here are my guesses for who

1. The Big Show - Then he can get revenge for Nexus beating him down last week

2. CM Punk - Maybe form a new straight edge society

3. Kofi Kingston - No particular reason, but I think he fit better on Raw

I don't know nor do I care, this will be dragged out until Bragging Rights and the trade will cost SMACKDOWN their match turning on the team defecting to RAW.. or could it possibly be Edge, that wouldn't surprise me either, kind of like Kurt Angle in 2001.

Thank God edge was traded!

I hate how wwe tries to throw ALL main eventers on raw then not even use em.. edge hasn't done a damn thing in wwe since mania. Chris jericho and just gotten jobbed to everyone.

If they were still on smackdown, atleast we coulda saw some decen't matches for the world title instead of these boring Kane v Taker matches with Bearer ONCE AGAIN, turning on taker.

And guys im pretty sure NO ONE was traded from smackdown.. if anyone it'll be a diva or a star no one cares about on either show.

IMO, Edge and Jericho and HHH belong on smackdown, while the stars of today and tomorrow should stay on raw... the most viewed show. No point in established stars taking all the spotlight from the guys that vince is trying to put the spotlight on.. and theres certainly no sense in having guys like Edge and Jericho sitting with there thumbs up their ass cuz there on raw doing nothing!

maybe edge can get back on track with his move back to smackdown, ive been hoping the same for punk.. but this lame SES crap has got to go!

Lol i dont really care who he traded for i am just glad hes back and i knew he was coming and its not because of swagger's tweet or him in syfy ads for SD! I saw his name plate on SD! and unlike other raw superstars he had his own personal plate like other SD! stars and had smackdown next to his name and Swagger to raw doesn't make since as like i said earlier he tweeted about fueding with edge which in think will help get him over as heel again.

WWE has dropped a potential hint that C.M. Punk could be Edge's trading partner.

WWE has a Raw brand house show scheduled in Anaheim on Friday night and Edge has been replaced with C.M. Punk in a match against R-Truth.

It could be just about anyone. Personally, I'd kinda like to see CM Punk head over to Raw. His feud with The Big Show is finished and he's currently not doing anything right now. He was offered up as the sacrificial lamb to The Undertaker Friday on SmackDown!, the SES is dead so maybe a switch to Raw could be a fresh start for him.

Punk's a quality wrestler and he could have some great feuds on Raw. I'd personally love to see him in a program with Daniel Bryan.

guys obviously most of you only watch wrestling an not other professional sports, so here's a little light for you......
edge WAS traded, whom for? it might be a little bit before we know that, the reason is because when you have a team trading with another team in any sport, sometime they don't have anyone the other team wants so they take a couple of draft picks for the next year or even a player or two to be named later, its very common, an with the smackdown superstars getting hurt left an right, edge was traded to bring a big face to its brand so that they wont be over run with heels, now it probably wont be swagger, edge, show, kane, taker, mysterio, punk, or christian. my guess is that its more than likely going to be kaval &/or Alberto Del Rios ya know someone who doesn't matter, won't be a huge name, an in a year or so will be future endeavored into the sunset......sorry guys but thats the way it goes.........

don't hate the player...........hate the game

lol, I thought Cole said he was drafted to Smackdown... me he said traded, I was kinda busy fighting with my 2 year old over the remote.
But if Edge was drafted then no one would be sent to raw as it was a draft and not a trade.
If Edge was traded I could see Big Show coming over OR Kane to ditch the Taker vs Kane feud.
Either way lets hope we get some good ol' E & C promos when Christian gets back.

I think that the person traded to RAW is going to be CM PUNK and that will confirmed by tonights Smackdown. I would LOVE to see CM PUNK on Raw after this feud with the Big Show because their are alot of possible feuds I would Like to see with Punk on Raw.

Well, rumors are it's Punk, BUT if it's Punk, he BETTER be in the Main event status and not in the midcard status for 8 months, Punk is too good to not be vs. guys like Orton, Cena and others, BUT i feel WWE would put Punk vs. guys like Bryan (which could be good), Morrison (seen it) and other midcarders.

To be honest, I think they may have just used the wrong words (they may have just meant 'transfered') as imo smackdown needs a little more star power as Raw does have much more, however since Jericho is taking time off and now Edge has gone, maybe they wanted to even it out again, if this is the case, I'd like CM Punk to come to Raw and turn face, I think I'd be much more interested if he was on Raw again.

I don't know we will have to wait for Smackdown to find out. But damn I am happy to see Edge back on Friday Nights. For anything Edge has proven he is way better when on Smackdown then on Raw and his crusade against stupidity is gonna really kick off. Wonder though who will he be feuding with?

Raw have lost 2 main event stars in the last 2 weeks now. For me, they are looking a little thin in the main event status (given Batista and HBK were never replaced either).

Cena, Orton, Sheamus, Barrett are the top stars with probably Miz ready to join them. I still think the is space at the top for 1 more given two have left.

Who do you see joining/returning to Raw in the coming weeks? I personally see Triple H coming back. Will probably fit in the GM storyline.

I can see a few possibilities for whom was/will be traded for Edge. If it's a straight up trade

Big Show - Still has star power but can be blended in the level between mid-card and Main Event.

CM Punk - with smackdowns' SES done, he could move over to Raw and Try it again.

Lay Cool - I know it doesn't seem like an even trade, but "they" are the women's champions and although they can move to either show, they could be the center piece on Raw.

There also could be some kind of multi-player deal also...maybe MVP and Luke Gallows/Chris Masters or someone else on that same level...something like that. Kofi could also be move.

Edge could of been traded for a Diva. the "Raw GM" likes to mess with him and Edge is on this cure for stupidity thing so that fits. And looking at the Divas on SD, maybe he got traded for Kelly Kelly.

Raw have lost 2 main event stars in the last 2 weeks now. For me, they are looking a little thin in the main event status (given Batista and HBK were never replaced either).
I think Raw is fine on main eventers. We currently have 2 main eventer Faces although one of them (Cena) is currently force storyline wise to do the bidding of Barrett and two heels with The Miz ready to break the glass ceiling with perhaps a win at Bragging Rights for Raw and a subsquent cashing in on Barrett sorry but Miz can't cash it on Orton it has to be on Barrett.

Cena, Orton, Sheamus, Barrett are the top stars with probably Miz ready to join them. I still think the is space at the top for 1 more given two have left.
Who could it be? The only one credible for that is either Punk if he was traded with Edge or John Morrison.

Who do you see joining/returning to Raw in the coming weeks? I personally see Triple H coming back. Will probably fit in the GM storyline.

I personally think like most of the IWC that Triple H is the anynomus GM. If that is the case he will come back as a Heel most likely.

Personally, I'm hoping he was traded for nobody, or at the most, someone that is equivalent to nobody, like Joey Mercury lol.

Why? Because Raw doesn't need it. They've got a perfect opportunity with Jericho and Edge off the show to truly push the likes of the Miz, Ted DiBiase, and Wade Barrett. Plus, we all know HHH is coming back eventually, so that'll fill in a big gap that's been missing for months now.

Who fills in the spot that Miz/DiBiase are in right now? Ezekiel Jackson is all healed up, Zack Ryder's doing nothing right now, Alex Riley's there, and whenever the Nexus breaks up then there's going to be Justin Gabriel and the others that still need something to do.

Raw has more than enough people to withstand up until the draft without having to take someone like CM Punk over from Smackdown and killing that show.

Either way, it wasn't announced who he was traded for. I'm hoping it's for CM Punk or Big Show though, Punk could be a top heel on Raw and have maybe a title run, or a feud for the title, and also Show can just put people over, make NExus look strong or something

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back