The Miz to Smackdown!?

cmedge

The Abdi
Apparently, The Miz has really impressed VKM with the subway promo and has really earned himself some brownie points backstage. With that being said, I think that if The Miz has really impressed Vince he should be traded off to the blue brand. With Raw’s spotlight currently being on John Cena, CM Punk and Alberto Del Rio it would be a great opportunity for The Miz to be traded to Smackdown. He could put over Daniel Bryan and have great feuds with Sheamus and Randy Orton. The Miz was the focus of Raw about 6 months ago and he has probably improved within the 6 months. The Miz has been lost in the shuffle of Raw for a while now so having an angle where The Miz believes the flagship show Monday Night Raw isn’t promoting him well enough and to get himself traded off to Smackdown for a superstar or a couple. Like Edge and CM Punk did last year they both weren’t relevant and became relevant after they both got traded I believe the same thing could happen to The Miz if he was traded to Smackdown. The Miz could also improve ALOT in the ring if he was sent over to Smackdown because it is the Wrestling show. The Miz is very entertaining but he needs a bit of improvement in the ring and The Miz could improve in the ring if he was traded to Smackdown it is a win win situation.

While moving to the blue brand would give Miz more to do, I don't think it's a good idea. Maybe if they were to turn him face it might work, but, right now Smackdown really only has one real main event face (Orton) and are trying to push Sheamus as a main event face it looks like. So, having a heel Miz there wouldn't help much at the moment.

I think RAW is doing well with Miz right now. He may not be having big time matches at the moment, but, he always gets a segment. I wouldn't worry really, he's right there where he needs to be, ready to jump into the main event whenever he is needed.

Moving the miz to smackdown would probobly be the best decision WWE could make with him right now.

A revist to the Miz vs Daniel bryan fued would instantly put Bryan over more than the first time because he has had more exposure sincew winning the Smackdown mone in the bank ladder match. The matches in that fued would be awesome looking at thier prevous encounters so i would love to see that fued.

The thing i would dread if he moves to the blue brand though is if he AGAIN were to fued with Randy Orton. I found thier matches in late 2010 to be very boring and slow paced, just look at thier romble match. Plus he is doing good enough on Raw at the moment although a change in scenery would not be bad. Personally i am not a huge fan of his ring skills but i will admit he is decent and sometimes actually great if he is in there with someone better than him so SD would improve his rong skills.

I would not mind if he stayed on Raw but at the same time Miz on smackdown isnt a bad idea at all.

Splendid idea there. If the Miz is traded to Smackdown right now while Orton is champ, they can play a continued feud from when Miz cashed in MITB. The Miz really started improving in the ring when he started his feud with Orton. Miz and Orton have great chemistry, both have magnificent mic skill and both make for an exciting match. I'm all for Miz to SD!

I don't like the idea. Look, Miz is doing perfectly well where he is right now. I'm sure he'll involve himself in the Alberto Del Rio/John Cena feud in some way. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if they had a triple threat for the title at Night of Champions. Miz was the top heel in the company for a while and an argument can be made that he still is, he could easily insert himself wherever.

A move to Smackdown would only hurt him, as he has a stable spot on Raw. You know how the old saying goes: if it's not broken, don't fix it. Miz is fine where he is.

A move to Smackdown would only hurt him, as he has a stable spot on Raw. You know how the old saying goes: if it's not broken, don't fix it. Miz is fine where he is.

Well isn't SD! a bit 'broken' at the moment? I think it'll be good for business if The Miz, as a heel, goes to SD! But, if you saw Summerslam then you saw the hint of a face turn for The Miz, if he's going complete face then moving to SD! would make him irrelevant with there already being a face champion.

Well isn't SD! a bit 'broken' at the moment? I think it'll be good for business if The Miz, as a heel, goes to SD! But, if you saw Summerslam then you saw the hint of a face turn for The Miz, if he's going complete face then moving to SD! would make him irrelevant with there already being a face champion.

Naah, I'm pretty sure it's all going to revolve around Mark Henry being a monster for a while. Christian's still a great heel and you have to look for Cody Rhodes to be built up even more as a heel now that he has the Intercontinental Strap. No need for The Miz in all of that.

I'm iffy on the face turn though. His promo on Monday Night Raw was some strong heel work, a face certainly wouldn't do any of that. I wouldn't be surprised if he kept gradually leaning more toward being a face, but he's a heel for now.

Naah, I'm pretty sure it's all going to revolve around Mark Henry being a monster for a while. Christian's still a great heel and you have to look for Cody Rhodes to be built up even more as a heel now that he has the Intercontinental Strap. No need for The Miz in all of that.

That is a good point, Cody Rhodes has huge potential as a heel, Christian has his legal team and Henry has his brute force. 3 good heels should last another 3 to 6 months. Miz really isn't needed on SD! not at all.

How is smackdown Broken?, Randy Orton is on top, Christian is the companies top heel, you have guys like Mark Henry getting a huge push towards the main event (and looking dominent at the moment), If Miz transferred himself over to the blue brand he would probably be in the same position that he is on the raw roster, the best thing they could do is leave the Miz were he is, he gets more tv time on Raw and has an endless amount of talent that he could feud with IMO they should bring someone like Truth over, when his current feud with Morrison is up whats left for the paranoid main eventer, hes in the wings waiting to have the trigger pulled on his title aspirations, he might as well move to smackdown were he can be used to put talent over on a brand that is in desperate need of fresh faces and new blood.

Leave the Miz were he is, he is perfect in the role hes in and may be used against Punk eventually, the number 2 face might aswell feud with the number 1 heel.

I've been thinking about this for months now. If they want Miz to really be the next face of the WWE they need to put him where theres exposure. Sure RAW is the main brand but The title spot is hogged right now and theres a spot opening up for #1 contender on Smackdown real soon. It would also be great to see him renew his rivalry with DB and possibly have DB cash in on him at WM.

Miz going to smackdown would be a huge mistake because smackdown some looks like to have some good top faces (Orton,Bryan,Sheamus) and top heels (Christian,Henry,Barret).So Miz would not fit to the mix at the moment and would get lost in the shuffle over on smackdown.

I've been thinking about this for months now. If they want Miz to really be the next face of the WWE they need to put him where theres exposure. Sure RAW is the main brand but The title spot is hogged right now and theres a spot opening up for #1 contender on Smackdown real soon. It would also be great to see him renew his rivalry with DB and possibly have DB cash in on him at WM.

More exposure on Smackdown? Really? On a channel most people don't even have? You clearly didn't think this through. It makes NO sense for him to go to Smackdown. Henry is going to be the number one contender, in all likelihood. He's been on a hell of a run and now that his program with Sheamus is over, it only seems logical. Miz wouldn't fit there and like I said earlier, he'll most likely be inserted into the ADR/Cena feud, if not at Night of Champions then at Hell in a Cell. He'll be fine where he is right now.

As for what you're saying about Daniel Bryan... I'm completely confused by that. Bryan is getting a slow build to the championship. He's probably going to work with Wade Barrett until, at least, Night of Champions, so what would Miz do in the mean time? He'd be in the same boat as if he was on Raw, he'd be away from the title... but on a program with less viewers.

People need to stop over thinking stuff and just let it naturally progress. If the rumor is true, then I'm sure he'll find his way around on Raw.

Apparently, The Miz has really impressed VKM with the subway promo and has really earned himself some brownie points backstage.

Has he? Don't suppose you could cite how you know this? I mean, I feel like I'm being some kind of jerk trolling you but I would like to see whatever it was that you saw that makes you think this.

With that being said, I think that if The Miz has really impressed Vince he should be traded off to the blue brand. With Raw’s spotlight currently being on John Cena, CM Punk and Alberto Del Rio it would be a great opportunity for The Miz to be traded to Smackdown. He could put over Daniel Bryan and have great feuds with Sheamus and Randy Orton.
It probably would be good to put over a few guys, but man, I'm getting a little impatient (already) with him not getting another push. But at least this would keep him relavent, which is very important. Look at how Perfect's momentum died after he got injured...

The Miz was the focus of Raw about 6 months ago and he has probably improved within the 6 months. The Miz has been lost in the shuffle of Raw for a while now so having an angle where The Miz believes the flagship show Monday Night Raw isn’t promoting him well enough and to get himself traded off to Smackdown for a superstar or a couple. Like Edge and CM Punk did last year they both weren’t relevant and became relevant after they both got traded I believe the same thing could happen to The Miz if he was traded to Smackdown. The Miz could also improve ALOT in the ring if he was sent over to Smackdown because it is the Wrestling show. The Miz is very entertaining but he needs a bit of improvement in the ring and The Miz could improve in the ring if he was traded to Smackdown it is a win win situation.

I would like to see The Miz prove he can wrestle. It would be great if he could do it. I'm still somewhat skeptical there. I mean, The Rock isn't a great wrestler either, and gets by on charisma and flair, but I think The Miz should improve his mat skills even more.

I'd hate to see him off Raw, but Smackdown might not be a bad move for him, if only until the next draft.

As for him not fitting in, etc. The Miz would quickly (and inadvertently) bury Mark Henry & Wade Barrett, because he's in a completely different league from them. Mark Henry is just a glorified jobber, and always will be, much like Hacksaw Jim Duggen. Wade is still too new. The Miz would be putting pressure on Christian and I think that'd be a good thing.

Miz vs Orton would be pretty cool too.

I don't feel this would be in anyone's best interest myself. Smackdown has Orton and Christian on top currently. Then you have guys like Sheamus, Mark Henry, and Wade Barrett who are all getting pushes and will all likely be in main events in the coming months before year's end. Then you have the upper midcarders like Daniel Bryan and Cody Rhodes who I see breaking through to the main event by the beginning of the year. It might not seem crowded at the moment because the Orton/Christian feud has been going on for months, but before long I think Smackdown will have a number of solid main eventers.

Miz is probably at the top of the upper midcarders on Raw still and could go right back into the main event at any point without anyone raising an eyebrow. It seems like the focus is on Punk vs the Klique and Cena vs Del Rio, but I could easily see Miz inserting himself into the WWE title feud making it a multi-man match at NOC. Depending on how injured Rey really is, we could see that feud really get going and I'm sure it'd be a pretty good one. Just because he isn't WWE champion or the main focus of the show anymore doesn't mean WWE doesn't see Miz as a top guy. He clearly goes out and does all these events for the company and always has a segment or match of some kind on Raw. Just give it time, he'll be main eventing again before too long.

first off, don't believe any reports of "VKM was impressed'. Not that I think he wasn't, but that the only time dirtsheets are right is when they're giving the smackdown spoilers.

Second, no. Miz makes you a lot of money. Smackdown is the number 2 brand. It's less exposure and it makes you less money. Yea, they have orton there, which is basically to keep it up and relevant and give it some credibility. Look at the 2 rosters though. WWE smartly puts most of their big draws on Raw and most of their guys who COULD be big draws on Smackdown.

Miz belongs on Raw because of how good he is. Eventually he'll be in the main event. A move to smackdown might make more artistic sense, but within time they'll have Miz being used to his full money-making potential. I think it's funny that miz was entertaining in what was essentially a commercial. Like how some people say "HBK could pull a good match out of a potatoe" well Miz pulled a good promo out of a sandwich.

Personally, I agree and disagree with some of the points you made. But first, I thought that Subway promo from Raw was gold! Call me crazy, but Miz took a sandwich, and made it trend worldwide on Twitter! But to me, I view Smackdown was the developmental show, kind of. To me,
1. You're in FCW
2. You get pulled up to WWE, and you are put on Superstars unless you're really talented or a big name (Chris Hero, Tyler Black/Seth Rollins)
2. B You have some matches on NXT
3. You get drafted to Smackdown and stay for a while and enhance your skills
4. You get good enough in VKM's eyes, you go to Raw.
That's how I see it. So going to Smackdown would be one step forward but three steps back. Sadly, yes, Miz has been lost in the shuffle, a diamond in the rough etc. on Raw recently. But after attacking Rey the other week, beating Kofi, being on Summerslam which several Raw superstars (like Aley Riley :wtf:) can't say.
**Sidenote- I know Riley was the dark match, which makes me more mad that he wasn't on the card.
Then Miz cuts the Subway promo, and VKM is impressed. I think Miz might be on the way, sooner rather than later, to another push. I hope it's after all this Punk/Del Rio/Cena stuff is over so he's not 100% lost in the ME shuffle, the worst kind. I'd like to see Miz be put in (if WWE does this) the triple threat at NoC between ADR/Punk and Cena to make it a fatal four way. Miz would lose, but then maybe two PPV's after NoC to let the ADR/Punk/Cena feud end, Miz could be injected into the ME once more. Heck. Maybe he'll win the rumble ( I bet that statement made all of you go :wtf::banghead:) So in conclusion, Miz should NOT go to Smack!down.

You know what though, if Miz went to smackdown to feud for the world heavyweight title, that would not be a step down. It'd be a half step up, better to be i the world heavyweight title chase with Orton & Christian than mid-card on Raw IMO. Miz can do promos better than just about anybody, but he needs to go to the "developmental" brand to work on mat skills even more. He's good, probably good enough, but he's not at the caliber someone like him should be at IMO. He should continue working on mat skills until he is able to be included among the ranks of guys like Savage, Bret, Owen, Hennig, Jericho, Angle, etc. So why not work on it with Orton and Christian as a main eventer?

while in the short term it would be good for The Miz to move to smackdown in the long run i dont think it would be good for him they should keep him on raw after del rio drops the title to punk or cena (for the love of god let del rio have a short,forgettable run at the top like swagger did!) i see miz going right back into the title picture and i could see him possibly being in the wwe title match at wrestlemania if cena vs rock isnt for the title

I`ll admit I`ve often thought about this if only when thinking of that wrestlemania will look like.

I keep thinking the WWE title will be involved with him, delrio, and(or) punk, but who`s to face orton for WHC.....

Christian is a possibility but that is so far away and with the drawn out feud they`ve had....... then there`s mark henry who I just don`t see MEing WM, NoC and hell in the Cell sure, but the big one..... that leaves the third biggest heel on blue, Rhodes, but everyone wants him to have a massive IC title reign to restore its creditability. ......

Still I find the idea of Miz on smackdown far off given a few things. his personality like Cena`s is far more geared toward the merchandice selling show than the technical brand. Also Miz started on SD Way back when and failed. I wouldn`t be surprised if he begged not to go back there.

PLEASE Miz needs to go back to SD! Miz is the number 5 guy on RAW whereas he could be the number 2 guy on SD. SD needs title contenders NOW. So PLEASE send Miz to SD.

I would support this if it happened because even though I do not like the guy, Miz does a good job of promoting and representing WWE in interviews and appearances. He would be able to bring in more viewers to Smackdown and hopefully improve some in the ring by working with guys like Bryan. Miz would be better off on the blue brand and WWE as a whole would benefit from having him there since there really is nothing for him on Raw right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back