Who was Edge traded for???

On Raw Last Night Is anyone wondering what Micheal Cole has to do with what has been going on for the last few weeks, last night the look on Micheal Cole's face and what he said "I Am The Voice Of The General Manager" him talking about wrestlers and thinking he's in charge..........................................................

I don't believe he was traded for anybody. They just used the word trade is all, because what else could of been said instead?
So i don't see anybody new going to over to Raw, Raw is packed full of people as it is

If i were to make a guess, I would have to go with CM Punk.

With The SES now dead and buried, punk seems lost in the shuffle. Hes certainly an upper card wrestler, but didnt make it onto the last PPV due to having no real storyline at the time. Hes being wasted away on a heel heavy show with seemingly no direction right now. He'ld be a perfect foil for Orton, depending on how long they hold off on Miz cashing in his MITB briefcase. These two have a history together, back to when Orton cost Punk the title, and they had a one-off lumberjack match on Raw to blow off the feud. Id love to see a Punk-Orton dynamic, possibly at Survivor Series. I dont know who Edge was traded for, but Punk would be my choice at this point.

I have it on good word that Edge was traded to Smackdown for... $1! In Winnipeg where I live we traded Kris Draper who became one of the best defensive forwards in the NHL for $1 so why not Edge for $1? In all seriousness, I doubt they will acknowledge what he was dealt for and it will just be a matter of SyFy wanting more star power on their show.

That is a great rumor tidbit right there. I for one would love to see Punk move to Raw. Punk has seem to run his course on SD and a move to Raw can open up new feuds with the likes of Daniel Bryan, John Morrison, or even Randy Orton. Punk would be my top choice if Raw were to get something in return for Edge. Punk can work the stick like no other and would be a nice addition on Monday Nights.

I don't think Punk would be a good choice to trade to RAW. The problem before was to many top stars on RAW and not enough on Smackdown. CM Punk is too big of a star, he's young, great talent, and is a huge draw. Edge is getting a little old. He's my favorite but I'll admit he isn't what he use to be. Trading Edge for CM Punk would be a loss for Smackdown. I say trade someone like Cody Rhodes or another mid carder. That way you're not taking away from Smackdown's main event scene or adding too much to RAW's cluster fuck of main eventers (once HHH, or Chris Jericho returns anyways).

And exactly what website was this?? Because I'm pretty sure there is no such site as idontwanttonameawebsitecuzimtalkingoutofmyass.com

CM Punk coming over would be a jack-move for Raw. I think Raw is fine and they don't need the help right now because there would be nothing for him to do atm... feud with R-Truth? that's definitely taking a step back from the main-event scene. Mid-card wise the only thing I can see him doing on Raw right now is a feud with Daniel Bryan for the US Title, to help elevate DB's character. A feud with Morrison is worthless atm, unless JoMo does something different with his current gimmick... their feud never worked in ECW, won't work now.

Right now, I wouldn’t say that he was traded for anyone. However, that could be wide of the mark.

The fact of the matter is that Raw doesn’t actually need anyone from Smackdown right now. Raw is the strongest of all the rosters and they have talent from the top to the bottom. Even the jobbers on Raw are better than the jobbers on Smackdown. It is the A-show and moving Edge from the Raw roster might serve to even that up a little bit.

When I think about it, there is only one man who I could see being successful on Raw in it’s current format and that is CM Punk. For me, he is the best thing on Smackdown right now. However, moving him to Raw might do more damage to an already weaker Smackdown roster. Outside of him though, there is no one on the Smackdown roster that I could see fitting into Raw. I would have said someone like Del Rio but he hasn’t been around on Smackdown long enough to warrant move just yet. Maybe in the future, he will be there but he has yet to actually do anything deserving of it yet.

For me, Punk would be the favourite but I am hoping that they have just used the word “traded” for effect. Hopefully no one is coming in the other direction. Edge makes a good addition to Smackdown and beefs up the roster a little bit more. No point in undoing that by having someone else come the other way.

Punk needs to remain on Smackdown for the time being. There are too many top heels on Raw and actually not enough faces (especially as Cena is going through a possible transition). On Smackdown, Punk would be a great opponent for Edge, as would Swagger.

I woudl say it is 99% that it is Punk
Why do I say that check the new Smackdown Intro Video
Who is in it every major player plus Alberto, Dolph, Kofi, Kaval, Cody, Drew, Laycool heck even Horny but not Punk
(Yes I am aware no Edge too but I assume that was due to teh switch and not wanting to give it away) But punk not in it despite being on the roster for months means either he is too Raw or is he so much in the doghouse he ranks with Chris Masters, the Dudebusters and Chavo

I have been out of the loop for way to long but Isn't HHH due to return soon? I think the real reason they moved edge was so HHH could return and take his spot as one of the main eventors And they will just send a random Mid carder to Raw when ever they feel like it. I hope it's not CM Punk because He will end up just like Edge did and be wasted.

If they were still on smackdown, atleast we coulda saw some decen't matches for the world title instead of these boring Kane v Taker matches with Bearer ONCE AGAIN, turning on taker.

Wait wait wait... Taker vs. Kane has been boring? How the hell can you say that? The build behind this has been excellent, the Bearer turn at HIAC was terrific, Kane getting not one but TWO Pay Per View wins over Taker is amazing, and not only that but it's his first HIAC win and first time inside the HIAC since 1998. Kane has now been pushed as a legit champion, and you're saying that's boring? Whereas on Raw you have the obvious Nexus beating down everyone routine.

Anyway, back to the OP.. Edge probably got traded for "money" or an "extra match" on the Bragging Rights card. Then again, he may have been traded for a few lower carders like Chavo and Masters so that way Nexus can have some more targets. The third plausible would be the aforementioned CM Punk or Big Show trades... maybe even Dolph Ziggler because he's been red hot and that could be a gate way to Ziggler and Bryan unifying the titles.

I dont really know why people say Punk isnt needed on Raw cause yes he is. There aint much contenders left to face Orton or even Cena for the title. Sheamus has faced both, Barrett's facing Orton now and in a feud with Cena at the same time. Edge is on SD, Jericho's gone, JoMo, R-Truth, Daniel Bryan wont certainly be pushed anytime soon, just Miz is left as he has MiTB. And god forbid Barrett wins the title off Orton. Barrett isnt ready for the title yet, he's still a rookie, so it would be stupid if WWE put it on him even he's over in this feud with Cena. And for Cena, after he's done with Barrett, he pretty much will have feuded with every main eventer on Raw except for Miz (not counting Miz's feud with him when Miz was a mid carder). So yeah, Raw needs Punk right now for Cena & Orton to feud with in future.

Plus Punk wasnt on SD this week and the obvious is he has nothing left on SD, so it must mean he's going to Raw. Edge & him are like one of the same really, so it's an even trade.

People are right in saying that Punk has nothing to do on Smackdown and hasn't had a decent storyline in a while. There are other people who are doing nothing though, and one of them is Swagger. He's had the recent spat with Edge, but they've just had two matches and Edge has gone over in both. I can't see them keeping up that angle forever, especially since Edge is on a "crusade", not just there to take out one guy.

I'm not discounting the idea that it could be Punk, but I do think that there is the possibility that it could be Swagger. Punk is a legit challenger for the already crowded main event, whereas Swagger could put on a decent feud and great matches with Bryan for the US title. Swagger was overdue for a mid-card push when they gave him MITB, which he clearly wasn't ready for. If the All-American American won the US title, that could be great promo fodder.

I still think its Punk because of Punk being advertised instead of Edge this week at live events and competing at them. It just makes sense because Punk has been misused since the end of his storyline with Rey and since we found out it definitely wasn't him who took out the Undertaker. His feud with Big Show was pathetic as I don't think he got over in any of the bouts, even though Punk is supposed to be one of the best on Smackdown? Confusing to say the least. Most people would call that "Russo Booking" lol

i wasnt sure were this belonged but feel free to move to raw
anyways cmpunk is apperently moving to Raw being traded for edge and i was looking forward to edge v.s cm punk i also think cm punk will be used better on smackdown where it isnt crowded with main eventers but i dont know he could have some good matches on smackdown against dainel bryan,john morrison and others but he would move to lower main eventer higher mid carder were do you think he should be

I'm guessing he was traded for CM Punk. CM Punk isn't in the new intro for Smackdown at all, And if that isn't enough at the 10/8 RAW house show in Anaheim, CA he was the only Smackdown superstar to appear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back