Who should be inducted in the WWE Hall of fame who is no longer in WWE

Yes, what Benoit did was very bad. It could be justified as being caused by brain damage, but still he murdered his family. I think though the WWE should honour him as a wrestler while using the same opportunity to condemn what he did. Benoit was a wrestling legend and deserves the hall of fame more than Pete Rose or Bob Euker....

Here is what I really wanted to say though:

You know who should be inducted is Paul E. Dangerously. Without him, the WWF/E would've had nobody to rip off during the 90's (ATTITUDE ERA) and WCW would've won. Not only that, he made countless stars in the sport.

But also, there are plenty of names that can be added. Adrian Adonis, Dino Bravo, Rick Martel, Mike Rotundo, Barry Windham, Bruiser Brody, Danny Spivey, Michael Hayes, Ronny Garvin, Ole Anderson, Arn Anderson, Jim Brunzel, Macho Man, Matt Borne, Rock 'n Roll Express, Orient Express, etc.

Some of those names weren't too relevant to WWF/E, but they did induct Verne Gagne and Nick Bockwinkle so they do induct guys who weren't affiliated with WWE.

You don't elect anybody who has ever put on wrestling shoes into the hall of fame. The Orient Express were jobbers for the majority of their time in wwe. Dino Bravo? He had a couple decent mid-card feuds. Matt Borne? Maybe we can have Dink go in with him. Jim Brunzel? His work in the AWA is the only reason he should be considered. Dan Spivey? The body of work just isn't there. Some of your names are locks but lets not get carried away here.

I have a feeling the Ultimate Warrior will come to his senses and agree to go in eventually, but not this year since the E is planning on a "WCW Class," if you will. With that being said, I believe Goldberg and Lex Lugar definately deserve a spot for this year's class. For some reason, I can't think of any other WCW guys WWE would want in there immediately. Maybe David Arquette?

Off-Topic: Abyss was a WWE guy?

Abyss has never been in WWE and as for David Arquette, Not a chance!! what did he give to the sport other than be a joker and to promote his films. yes he held the wcw championship but as you can imagine, this was a joke and he never actually deserved to be champion.

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this, but I'd have to say Jeff Hardy. Jeff began in the company in 1995 and played a role in WWF's attitude era. Jeff's won most titles there are to win, multi-time world champion, was a significant draw(compared to his peers) for the company.

I don't see how Jeff does not make it into the HOF.
No one likes to acknowledge it, but he did a shit load for the company. Go back and see the types of risks/falls this guy was taking night in and night out. And all for the better part of 14 years.

Stop saying Benoit please. He never will, nor should be in. Lest we forget he murdered his wife and child? I don't care what he did in the ring, if you murder, you don't deserve any kind of accolades. I was a huge Benoit fan, but Benoit in the ring is the same guy that committed those heinous acts that weekend. Stop pretending that he was two people, in-ring and out-of-ring.

My choice is Booker T. as well. He's won over 40 or so titles in his career, and was a huge part of the final year of WCW and carried Harlem Heat to great success. He was also (during 2002-2003) one of the most over guys in the company, an oddity for guys without major pushes. And his King Booker character was gold.

If I could pick a few guys I agree with most people on the obvious so I won't keep repeating names. I would like to see the Steiner Brothers inducted. They have made their mark in WCW and WWE as a team. Scott was a successful singles star although his last stint in WWE was terrible I still think that they made a definite impact.

If we are going to put some main WCW guys in there I think you have to put in Arn Anderson. His time in WCW in the Horsemen is legendary and I feel it's all but a lock that he is inducted in Atlanta. Sticking with WCW guys I would put in Rick Rude as well. He has worked for both promotions so it obviously makes an easier choice for WWE fans to understand and embrace. I feel like he really made his mark in WCW though.

What about Yokozuna? I am pretty sure he was world champ at one time, and he had some good fued (i say good because I remember them well) with lex Luger and the Undertaker.
Questionable: x-pac, the texas tornado. I agree with rick rude, booker t, macho man, owen, mick foley, and the rock. The question i wonder about the rock, is if he would even show up. He seems to want nothing to do with wwe, but he'd probably make an exception.

Although he's still technically with the WWE...would somebody like Dean Malenko ever get into the Hall of Fame?

Sure, his time in the WWE was at the end of his career and I don't think he ever held a top tier belt but the guy was one of the best between the ropes, he's well-respected and had great technical ability.

How about guys in tag-teams that wouldn't get in otherwise? Dudleys? New Age Outlaws?

Road Warriors should be in if WWE are doing a WCW themed this year.

I was surprised that Backlund isn't in there.

The first three names that come to mind are Owen Hart, Randy Savage and Kurt Angle. However, all three of those men have big hurdles.

Angle with his move to TNA and his bad-mouthing of WWE in many ways. Savage with... being Savage. And Hart, with Martha still not being a fan of the organization. However, I can't seem to think of any other wrestlers more deserving. Maybe, Chris Benoit. But also, another hurdle obviously stands in the way.

This would be my HOF class of 2011:
1. Randy Savage
2. Jake Roberts
3. Arn Anderson
4. Mil Mascaras
5. Baron Von Raschke
6. Owen Hart

I personally do not like the idea of a "WCW" class in the Hall of Fame since many of the names listed never amounted to anything in the WWE. Sting keeps popping up everywhere but I can see where this would be a no-no considering Sting never jumped ship to the WWE. In fact, there is a better chance of seeing Bruno Sammartino in there then there is of Sting. Lex Luger is a maybe, but not a certain. Goldberg was a flash in the pan wrestler. People always say that he was the reason fans of WCW were in the seats, but the argument can also be made that his title reign and subsequent undefeated streak drove fans to watching Raw. Some of the other guys mentioned like Nash, Hardy and Foley are too soon and Abyss will never get in unless he comes back to WWE and is pushed like a major superstar.

I find these threads to be COMPLETELY pointless.

The sheer fact Koko B. Ware, a glorified jobber, was inducted shows that more or less anyone that was around on TV for a long enough period gets inducted. You don't need to have been a World Champion to be inducted.

Thus, not only are HBK and like's inductions a given, but the likes of Jericho, Jeff Hardy, Cena, etc, etc, will join them one day. Hell, looking at Koko's induction it wouldn't be a stretch to say in ten years time we could be inducting the likes of Santino and Carlito.
It ain't that exclusive lads.

The sheer fact Koko B. Ware, a glorified jobber, was inducted shows that more or less anyone that was around on TV for a long enough period gets inducted. You don't need to have been a World Champion to be inducted.

Thus, not only are HBK and like's inductions a given, but the likes of Jericho, Jeff Hardy, Cena, etc, etc, will join them one day. Hell, looking at Koko's induction it wouldn't be a stretch to say in ten years time we could be inducting the likes of Santino and Carlito will probably get inducted at some stage.

Only reason for Koko getting in was his loyalty and also being friends with Jerry Lawler. It is safe to say The Bushwhackers won't be inducted. It has a lot to do with who would want to be in and who does not. A lot of talent out there are more than deserving, but will they accept?

Thus, not only are HBK and like's inductions a given, but the likes of Jericho, Jeff Hardy, Cena, etc, etc, will join them one day. Hell, looking at Koko's induction it wouldn't be a stretch to say in ten years time we could be inducting the likes of Santino and Carlito.

Koko B. Ware was around from 1986 to 1994ish as a fan favorite in the WWF. Despite your personal opinions of him...he was pretty popular among the fans for many years.

The only difference is that the title belts barely ever changed hands back in that time period. Now a days you have Rey Mysterio as world champion, Triple H has won the title almost as much as Ric Flair did in 1/5th the time. John Cena has been a main eventer for roughly 5 years and has held the World Title 9 times.

It's a different wrestling world out there. If they had the same belt changing ways then that they do now...Koko B. Ware could be 3 time champion for all we know. "Ravishing" Rick Rude could have been rivaling Ric Flair for his all time world title record amount.

Who knows?

I’d like to think that Kurt Angle should go in one day. However, with all that has gone down in his career, I doubt that will ever happen. I fully expect to see him become the Macho Man Randy Savage of this generation. The WWE built Kurt Angle into what he is today and although it was his choice to leave the WWE, I doubt they will ever forgive him for going to a rival company and giving that company the momentum to go on and be successful.

To my mind, Kurt Angle was the first really big signing that TNA managed. Yes, they have had other superstars go from the WWE to TNA but they had never managed to lure someone with the talent of Kurt Angle before. They managed to get Christian and the Dudley Boys but Kurt Angle just set out a whole new world for TNA. He was a marquee signing for the company and probably one of the reason that it has continued o grow so much in a short time.

Personally, I love Kurt Angle. I think that outside of The Rock, he is the most well-rounded superstar to ever come into the WWE. He had charm, charisma and magnificent in-ring talent. Whether he was a heel or a face, he was always successful. Some of the best moments I have ever had whilst watching wrestling involved Kurt Angle and I wont forget them quickly. It is my hope that the WWE induct Kurt Angle in the future. He deserves it event though he has wrestled for TNA.

Will he get inducted though? I very much doubt it.

My pick has to go to The Rock.

He had the complete package. Wrestling, mic skills, charisma. He had it all. He was a massive superstar for the WWF/E and main evented numerous Wrestlemanias and a huge part of their success during the attitude era. The Rock is one of few who defined the "attitude" of the attitude era to me.

I think he would be a safe option because I don't think he would ever go to TNA since I've seen interviews of him where he talks about him and Vince being in constant contact and talking on a frequent basis. He also wouldn't put down the WWE in the media aswell I don't think. It is his time now.

Plus I think it would be too soon for Shawn Michaels to go in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back